PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Update: June 7th / Boatday

fowlplay4
06-08-2009, 04:40 AM
You can finally purchase a boat for yourself! There's a pirate outside Harborage Lighthouse selling them for 50,000 gold for limited time only!

Currently there are no means of destroying boats publicly, but I do plan on releasing Hand Cannonballs to throw from the boats, at other boats or people (It's up to you.). Boat Pollution is a growing concern for me, so I'll have to do this soon maybe in the next day or so.

Naval Combat is quite entertaining from what I've witnessed, expect more improvements from this.

If you're too lazy to make the money to purchase a boat, there appear to be many stashed in the top right corner of the world.

Other than Boats, in the last couple days I have been improving the map and fixing any bugs that arise.

Also we welcome any Graphic Artists to redesign the boat, as it is just an old boat graphic re-textured and rotated. If you want to take on the task I can attach the images to this post, and it would be appreciated if you kept the same layout so I can keep the same tile properties for the setshape2.

DustyPorViva
06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I got hit by a boat and died... after it shot me across the ocean into a cliff wall.

papajchris
06-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Just a thought but I had Sy working on a Cannon and a boat for me while i was there. I don't know if he ever finished the boat, but i think the cannon was completed. Check temp folder and it might be in there. Check for a boat to, maybe he did finish it

fowlplay4
06-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Just a thought but I had Sy working on a Cannon and a boat for me while i was there. I don't know if he ever finished the boat, but i think the cannon was completed. Check temp folder and it might be in there. Check for a boat to, maybe he did finish it

Sy remade a boat and it looked terrible, and so does the cannon :(

fowlplay4
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Bump Update:

A couple pirates have taken over the abandoned cafe attached to the Harborage Lighthouse. You can learn the tricks of the pirate trade and purchase cannonballs from them!

If destroying ships wasn't enough, you can now profit from it! You and your party will earn gold for destroying a boat. Have fun!

papajchris
06-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Sy remade a boat and it looked terrible, and so does the cannon :(

Awww, oh well. Anyways, another idea is that now that we have boats, maybe you can bring back wood cutting? People will have to get X amount of wood. And then go mining to get some nails. It'd add more use to mining and such. :cool:

fowlplay4
06-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Awww, oh well. Anyways, another idea is that now that we have boats, maybe you can bring back wood cutting? People will have to get X amount of wood. And then go mining to get some nails. It'd add more use to mining and such. :cool:

Any Profession / Job related work won't be done on the current Zodiac, since I'll probably have to rewrite it for V2.

I believe it's fine the way it is to get boats at the moment, since they are fairly cheap and it allows us to get feedback quicker, and refine naval combat/gameplay.

I also released another Pirate that sells boats on the Island of Drawde.