PDA

View Full Version : RC Command (Staff)

DuBsTeRmAn
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Guys!

I am wondering.. Is there any command which you can use to check where a person has a RC?
If not, Is this hard to make / can it be added?
Something like ''/checkrc <account>'' and you see the names of the servers where someone has a RC

Stryke
06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah, you can loop through the account files.
Then echo every account that has an attribute 'LOCALRIGHTS' that isn't empty.

EDIT: Oh read the question wrong. No you can't, and it probably won't be added for privacy reasons.

oo_jazz_oo
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
EDIT: Oh read the question wrong. No you can't, and it probably won't be added for privacy reasons.

I dont really see how its for privacy reasons...admins might want to check if their staff is multi-staffing. (Which is ilegal on certain servers)

So, I could see some good use for this...or lower staff could just use it to stalk people. But the player status image at graal stats also does that. ^-^

cbk1994
06-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I hope this isn't added. It's definitely a privacy concern. Some people may not want others to know where they have an RC.

DustyPorViva
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Should be able to check personally, however.

I dont really see how its for privacy reasons...admins might want to check if their staff is multi-staffing. (Which is ilegal on certain servers)
Servers need to lighten up. This is mostly all volunteer, and if I want to work on another server what difference does it make? I'm not putting as much effort into your server? Fire me because I'm not productive. Chances are if I'm working on another server and not putting effort into yours, I'm bored with it and wouldn't do so even if I wasn't working somewhere else.

cyan3
06-01-2009, 10:36 PM

How is multi-staffing illegal? Everybody has the right to work for what servers they want to without being judged for it. I personally won't work for server which disallow multi-staffing.

Codein
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
How is multi-staffing illegal? Everybody has the right to work for what servers they want to without being judged for it. I personally won't work for server which disallow multi-staffing.

I know UN and N-Pulse disallow it, for some poo reason.

cbk1994
06-01-2009, 10:45 PM

In my opinion, it's a stupid idea. Rather than deny them the right to work on another server, deny them the right to remain a staff member if they do not produce work. If they are producing work, there is no reason they cannot be staff on another server, in my opinion.

cyan3
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I know UN and N-Pulse disallow it, for some poo reason.

In my opinion, it's a stupid idea. Rather than deny them the right to work on another server, deny them the right to remain a staff member if they do not produce work. If they are producing work, there is no reason they cannot be staff on another server, in my opinion.

I agree, multi-staffing is not a problem and you shouldn't be disallowed to work on more than one server.

oo_jazz_oo
06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I never said I agree with that. I work on multiple servers at a time...i was just saying that some dont allow it.

So, no I dont agree with that rule on those servers, but, I was just voicing my opinion.

Matt
06-01-2009, 11:37 PM
It's the server managers decision to enforce such a rule. Now and days forbidding multi-staffing is turning into a fad due to the lack of developers on Graal. Why would you want a devoted developer to have the option to work somewhere else if him/her will put his devotion into a single project?

cbk1994
06-02-2009, 12:07 AM
It's the server managers decision to enforce such a rule. Now and days forbidding multi-staffing is turning into a fad due to the lack of developers on Graal. Why would you want a devoted developer to have the option to work somewhere else if him/her will put his devotion into a single project?

Because they might decide to work on the other project instead of yours because they have friends there or something, and they aren't willing to leave that for a job that may not even work out.

DustyPorViva
06-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Because all of this is simply volunteer work. The fact that someone is willing to help me would be dedication enough, and I'm not going to smother and suffocate them by laying down rules that will only push them away because I'm basically trying to control their free time. Like said before, if they're productive, what does it matter? If they're not, fire them. However, don't sit and try to tell them what they can and can not do with their free time when you're not paying them a dime.

zokemon
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Because all of this is simply volunteer work. The fact that someone is willing to help me would be dedication enough, and I'm not going to smother and suffocate them by laying down rules that will only push them away because I'm basically trying to control their free time. Like said before, if they're productive, what does it matter? If they're not, fire them. However, don't sit and try to tell them what they can and can not do with their free time when you're not paying them a dime.

Couldn't have been better said.

Elk
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I've learned that if you limit your staff just to work for you "or else" they don't enjoy working for you long...in most cases at least...
giving them some free space doesnt harm

Clockwork
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Everytime I let any of my staff through the ages work on multiple servers, I find they tend to leave for another server as they quickly get bored and enveloped in another server.

I usually dissallow any staff I hire not to work on multiple servers unless I know they are worth keeping for the sake they do produce something.

Pelikano
06-07-2009, 07:01 PM
That's why your server never was released

DuBsTeRmAn
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Allright..

I understand this command will never be here because of private reasons, I know what i needed to know..

Since everyone is going offtopic
Closed.

Darlene159
06-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Allright..

I understand this command will never be here because of private reasons, I know what i needed to know..

Since everyone is going offtopic
Closed.I am reopening so the multi-server working discussion can continue because someone requested it. Since your issue has been answered, it shouldnt be a problem..

Rice2k
06-10-2009, 02:27 AM
I've learned that if you limit your staff just to work for you "or else" they don't enjoy working for you long...in most cases at least...
giving them some free space doesnt harm

I agree with Elk. Server Members should be able to work on other servers also. if you contain them to one server either they will quit working for you. or they will come up with crappy work. :confused:

DustyPorViva
06-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Everytime I let any of my staff through the ages work on multiple servers, I find they tend to leave for another server as they quickly get bored and enveloped in another server.
And you don't think they'll get bored if forced to work on a server they might not be particularly interested in at that very moment(face it, we all work on servers but sometimes we do get bored of working on the same stuff all the time and need a small break).

Paradoxical
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
There are pros and cons to multistaffing policies, but in Graal, the cons are more prevelent than the pros.

In the real business world, you obviously don't want your contracted employees making efforts to help your competitors, becase you pay them.

However, on Graal, are any of us actually payed? Hell, some playerworlds buy gold for their staff, but not many, and does gold actually go into our pockets where we can use it to pay bills and buy necessities? Not really.

On Graal you have no right to limit where somone can work, you don't pay them, and they don't get anything out of their work, but you get to have your server be productive and attract players, who gets the short end of the stick? Us developers.