PDA

View Full Version : Board Local?

LiquidIce00
08-01-2001, 09:27 AM
I am using board[] but the only problem is that it only happens to the player who is using it. how do I make it so it shows the changed tile to everyone?
i just do

board[x+(64*y)]=2358;
updateboard x,y,1,1;

The hammer shows to everyone. and it has basically the same thing:
board[putx+64*puty] = 10+112*16;
board[putx+1+64*puty] = 11+112*16;
board[putx+64*(puty+1)] = 10+113*16;
board[putx+1+64*(puty+1)] = 11+113*16;
updateboard putx,puty,2,2;

Falcor
08-01-2001, 10:08 AM
Board editing isnt servedr-side yet. Although were urging him to support that .and also server-side putobject.

There are a few tiels taht will show up server-side since they are supported by Gserver. Such as the Hole and the Cut Bush and the Sign hole

LiquidIce00
08-01-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
Board editing isnt servedr-side yet. Although were urging him to support that .and also server-side putobject.

There are a few tiels taht will show up server-side since they are supported by Gserver. Such as the Hole and the Cut Bush and the Sign hole

okay thanx.
then i must do some ghetto level npc with timereverywhere to make it server sided =)

Falcor
08-01-2001, 10:16 AM
heh :rolleyes:

KJS
08-01-2001, 10:17 AM
u know what would be a cool idea (mabie for npc servers only)...
is to allow the level to be changed (and it changes the accuall level on the screen and stays like that when you say update level)...

so it would save it to the file its self...

(it would be good for lats they can work on the spot then lol, just have to make a weapon to support the tiles and objects lol)

LiquidIce00
08-01-2001, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by KJS
is to allow the level to be changed (and it changes the accuall level on the screen and stays like that when you say update level)...

(it would be good for lats they can work on the spot then lol, just have to make a weapon to support the tiles and objects lol)

well on UN im making this thing so you can choose whatever tile (from id . id is tilex+(64*tiley) ) and then the user can select whatever and can build it .. thats why i wanted to make it non-local
i did this . a npc in the level keeps checking server strings for server.clevelx , server.clevely , and server.cleveltile . and then it gets the x,y and tile id and puts it there . so every1 can see it . but there is a problem . if there is lag and such . it does get messed up . so i might just make it local .

grim_squeaker_x
08-01-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KJS

(it would be good for lats they can work on the spot then lol, just have to make a weapon to support the tiles and objects lol) Well yes indeed it would be useful, however the only problem is is that it will probably be abused...

LiquidIce00
08-02-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
Well yes indeed it would be useful, however the only problem is is that it will probably be abused...

our construction thing cant be abused cuz it only works on the level.constructable=1 levels and those levels have nothing in them (you need to say leave, to leave) =)

Knightoffrost
08-02-2001, 01:21 AM
Hi liquid

LiquidIce00
08-02-2001, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
Hi liquid

that was worthless (keep posting so i can keep replying and we keep getting more posts)
HI!

LiquidIce00
08-02-2001, 01:39 AM
here is a script i made . .im using it on unholy nation . it lets u browse thru blocks id
I altered it a bit here so it doesnt use the blocking blocks
ill also post a image of where its used

// NPC made by LiquidIce - Flooded
if (playerenters) {dontblock;}
timereverywhere;

if (playertouchsme&&this.enabled=0) {
this.tile=strtofloat(#s(constructiontile));
disabledefmovement;
showblock();
setani idle,;
this.enabled=1;
timeout=.05;
}

if (timeout) {

if (keydown(1)) {
this.tile--;
this.tile=abs(this.tile);
}

if (keydown(3)) {
this.tile=this.tile+1%4095;
}

if (keydown(5)) {
this.enabled=0;
}

if (keydown(6)) {
set();
}

show();

if (this.enabled=1) { timeout=.1; }
else { hideblock(); enabledefmovement;}

}

function show() {
board[x+(64*(y-1))]=this.tile;
updateboard x,y-1,1,1;

showimg 100,@#v(this.tile),x-(strlen(#v(this.tile))/4),y-2.5;
}

if (playerchats&&this.enabled=1) {
tokenize #c;
if (tokenscount=1) {
this.check=strtofloat(#t(0));
if (this.check=<4095&&this.check>0) { this.tile=this.check; }
}
}

function set() {
setstring constructiontile,#v(this.tile);
setplayerprop #c,Tile Set to #v(this.tile);
this.enabled=0;
}

function showblock() {
}

function hideblock() {
board[x+(64*(y-1))]=2358;
updateboard x,y-1,1,1;
hideimg 100;
}

on the image. the 'orange' old looking pins is the npc.