PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Event

Drakeero
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Saturday afternoon around 3:00 EST [in answer to the complaint that I host them too late] I'm going to be holding a Mother's Day themed scavenger hunt.

Now before you moan and groan, keep in mind the fun that some people had with the chocolate bunnies, only this scavenger hunt is going to be easier. It's not going to be quite so insane. It will take some thinking and some time though. Oh, and don't forget patience.

I'm holding the Mother's Day event a day early because darnit, go out and do something with your mom. I'm going to be having a picnic and a long walk down a nature trail with my step-mother Sunday.

Anyway, at 3:00 I'm going to release the details of the scavenger hunt to all who pm me after I tell them to. It's going to be a mass, and I will keep pm'ing the details, even if you're late.

It's going to be a bring me a set list rather then a whoever can bring me the most. Like the bunnies, first three to bring me something gets the best prizes, but anyone who brings me a full set will get smaller prizes as long as supplies last.

Also, for bonuses... if you can bring me a meaningful gift in addition to the list and explain why you'd give it to your mother if she played [you'll keep it of course] I might be tempted to throw in a little extra.

And while we're in the spirit, I'll take it a step further. For those RP'ers out there, it's time to work on character development. Who's your character's mother. Is she still around? No, not every mother has to be dead and passed away. It's a game, we can stretch our imaginations, maybe she's back living in Pirton, or next to the archeologist in Torub. What's she like, is she a drunk, drug abusing alcoholic or a sweet pie-baking grannie now. Or maybe she's still smoking hot. It's up to you. I just might throw in a few more small bonus prizes for those with good stories.

Good luck and happy Mother's Day.

Craigus
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Jeeze you have mother's day late in your country

kia345
05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
keep in mind the fun that some people had with the chocolate bunnies

LOLh

Drakeero
05-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Slight Change of Plan:

I'm probably going to be hosting two or even three Mother's Day Scavengers to suit different people's style of play. And some will be sooner then others.

There's going to be four events starting at server time 18:00.

I'm going to be asking a big favor of you, if you already have all the stuff... don't bring it in. I know that hoarding is supposed to be an important part of scavenger events, but I've only got limited prizes this time around so I can't dump much.

Drakeero
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh... by the way

This has nothing to do with your real life mother. This has to do with the fictional mother of your character in the game.