PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Scavenger for Sunday, April 26th

Drakeero
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I love how its second nature now for me to put dates down. I must have levelled up in "Event Master".

Anyway, I'm going to do a simple, painful, irritating, kingdoms based scavenger. By kingdoms based I mean you compete with your kingdom, and your score will total with everyone else.

Yes, total. It's a whoever can bring me the most of type event. I have an almost full event bag, I will give a small pile of prizes to the king of the winning kingdom and leave it to them to distribute as they see fit.

If they don't distribute the loot and you don't like it, then don't compete in the next kingdom event, or switch kingdoms.

Alright, ask questions.

Craigus
04-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Can we get anymore details? i mean personally i dislike this kind of event and found your last skin hunt extremly boring. Will it be a repeat of something similar?

Drakeero
04-26-2009, 02:51 AM
It'll probably be much more boring, although if you want I could put together another skin type event.

I think the skin event was good because it was a challenge and few people showed the math skills necessary to do basic arithmetic, so I suppose it also puts an educational aspect to the game.

kia345
04-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Alright, ask questions.

Why do people still think vague scavenger hunts are fun? What's next? A bury bag event?

bioboi
04-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Why host something when you know it's boring?

James
04-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Sounds like a blast.

Drakeero
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Why host something when you know it's boring?

I was being sarcastic.

Also scavenger hunts are not always boring. They're another type of event. It breaks up the monotony of spars and 'regular' events. Sparring events are inherently unfair because they favor the people with the better stats. Scavenger hunts are inherently unfair because they favor the packrats [who may not be very good at fighting]. So it helps even and balance everything out.

Also, difficult scavengers can require time, teamwork, and coordination to win, everything we'd expect to see from a kingdom, right? So do something with your buddies. I have hopes for Zormite because if I can get them all to show up, they're getting better at doing stuff together and having fun. If you're doing it alone and bored out of your skull, then you should probably give up.

Only reason I'll cancel the event is a no show of kingdoms.

I'm going to do it around 4:00 so people can be out of church in all the time zones. 4 EST is 21 Server Time I believe.

kia345
04-26-2009, 04:43 PM
It breaks up the monotony

If the only 'big' event ever hosted is a scavenger hunt, it's not breaking up any monotony

Craigus
04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Well sorry to announce i won't be taking part, since i find this type of event a complete waste of my time, however if the rest of Dustari wishs to participate they have my full support :)

MajinDragon
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I dislike scavenger hunts... People come prepaired with items already gathered since it's usually always the items that can be gathered easily such as parts/minerals.

It's also extremely boring, not saying i'd want a spar tourney instead, but something more fun, like a marathon with riddles.

I'll probably still participate, since it's on a sunday, and i gotta help Dustari out.

Drakeero
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I dislike scavenger hunts... People come prepaired with items already gathered since it's usually always the items that can be gathered easily such as parts/minerals.

It's also extremely boring, not saying i'd want a spar tourney instead, but something more fun, like a marathon with riddles.

I'll probably still participate, since it's on a sunday, and i gotta help Dustari out.

Well, as I said I'm doing a scavenger hunt for the sole purpose of being different from a spar tourney. And pre-emptive packratting is an advantage to scavenger hunts that better level and gear is an advantage to spar tourneys. After that it's just "skill" although you can argue a scavenger hunt requires less skill. Get your new recruits onto it then, give them something to do.

CABAL49
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
One day I will make it to one of these planned events.

MajinDragon
04-27-2009, 02:18 AM
From what i heard the event was terrible and the prizes were shocking. Not worthy of forum mention imo.

kia345
04-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Forest won the 2 EC by losing.

I don't even know wtf we did to win.

MajinDragon
04-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Lol i think that was the winners prize, you guys won from what i saw and heard.:noob:

Drakeero
04-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Just because you weren't doing anything to win doesn't mean Forest wasn't.

Despite how lousy everyone complains the event was, there was a good turn out. And unfortunately, I did short-change Forest on their prizes. They were supposed to get a little more so I'll have to talk with Mydia about it later.

Despite the criticism I appreciate the turn-out and it lets me know that people are at least willing to TRY. Even though they didn't take part I like how Dustari considered it for a moment. I know that bigger and better stuff [as well as lazy sunday throw-togethers] are still possible and will work out better in the future.

kia345
04-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Just because you weren't doing anything to win doesn't mean Forest wasn't.

I got most of our hearts. CP obviously had more, you should've explained the scoring better.

Drakeero
04-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I got most of our hearts. CP obviously had more, you should've explained the scoring better.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Heavil hearts counted as bonus points. Forest had more heavil hearts then CP, the bonus points are what won the day.