PDA

View Full Version : About rc pms...

oo_jazz_oo
04-13-2009, 05:50 AM
I find it annoying that when a player pms your rc, then goes offline, the pm just...dissapears and is no longer displayed.
Yet, when a player sends a pm to another client, then goes offline, its catagorized under 'Offline'.

Why cant it be the same for rc?
If your on rc, and happen to be afk, and someone asks you a question, then logs off. You dont even know that that player pmd you.
And i think its annoying...

Dunno if anyone else feels the same. :/

Deas_Voice
04-13-2009, 02:40 PM
we all do.

cyan3
04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't really have this problem because most of the servers I have rc access on are private but it does sound pretty annoying.

Schetti
04-13-2009, 09:13 PM
It IS annyoning, and it should be changed

calani
02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Annoying, yes.

Also - Related topic:
Regardless of the setting for receiving mass messages, players still receive Staff masses even while they are off-tag. This has been around since I started playing, and is still just as annoying.

Sorry love, I don't care if you're selling something!

cbk1994
02-14-2010, 10:19 AM
egardless of the setting for receiving mass messages, players still receive Staff masses even while they are off-tag. This has been around since I started playing, and is still just as annoying.

No they don't, unless you mass from RC. At that point, it's time whoever runs the server just starts cracking down on that. RC is a tool for administration and game development.

Crow
02-14-2010, 10:24 AM
No they don't, unless you mass from RC.

So that issue was fixed? Are you sure?

cbk1994
02-14-2010, 10:36 AM
So that issue was fixed? Are you sure?

Yes, absolutely, unless Stefan hasn't enabled it for certain servers (?)

Cloven
02-14-2010, 06:29 PM
At that point, it's time whoever runs the server just starts cracking down on that. RC is a tool for administration and game development.
This.

Unkownsoldier
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I find it annoying that if you are currently logged into both the client and RC, that if someone makes a mass, you get the mass on both programs. Now, I haven't used a RC in a few months since I haven't played, but I would like that to be changed because going through the same PM's over and over again gets annoying.

Crow
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I find it annoying that if you are currently logged into both the client and RC, that if someone makes a mass, you get the mass on both programs. Now, I haven't used a RC in a few months since I haven't played, but I would like that to be changed because going through the same PM's over and over again gets annoying.

Just disable mass messages on your RC. There's also an option to disable them only if your client is not online.

cbk1994
02-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Just disable mass messages on your RC. There's also an option to disable them only if your client is not online.

It doesn't work. Either way, I agree, just read them on your client.

Crow
02-15-2010, 07:53 PM
It doesn't work. Either way, I agree, just read them on your client.

It doesn't? I believe it worked before, no?