PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Improve Global Guilds?

Tigairius
04-11-2009, 04:19 AM
A lot of people have their own ideas as to how the global guilds can be improved. Why don't you list a few things that you think could really benefit the global guild system?

Which key features would cause you to use your global guild tag more?

What could make global guilds more effective as a feature to Graal Online?

What would attract people to makie new global guilds and starting their own mini-communities?

Just let me know some of your thoughts, ideas or even what you dislike about the current system.

Shadow5596321
04-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Servers that would actually need a guild to do stuff.

Matt
04-11-2009, 04:40 AM
A massive weekly Event that players can only join if there in a global guild. Should require a min of 10 members in order to play or something of the sort. Maybe even something like 'Graalympics', but based around guilds instead of a single player.

Cloven
04-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Electronic Gelat (discount) coupons per every [x] amount of hours of wearing global tag. ;)

Clockwork
04-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Make one of the F# keys bring up a list to show the guilds you are in, and a simple double click to set it into your nickname.

kia345
04-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Send and approve Global Guild applications in game

Global guild based tournaments (draws attention to specific servers/ can use SMs codes for gelats prizes?)

Remove Zodiac and Era if they refuse to allow global guilds, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all, I think they just want show off the fact they have local guilds

More defined global guild statistics (as opposed to just activity) such as overall kills, average hours on tag, average kill:death ratio, etc etc

Didn't there used to be a tab on the GuildCP for Guild items? Perhaps, with aid of server staff, have server specific guild items that are managed through that.

MysticX2X
04-11-2009, 05:49 AM
-Limit on the amount of guilds there are/can be. There's one too many.

-Global Guild messages.

Luda
04-11-2009, 05:51 AM
-Limit on the amount of guilds there are/can be. There's one too many.

-Global Guild messages.

this ^

Cloven
04-11-2009, 06:05 AM
-Limit on the amount of guilds there are/can be.

Limiting the number of global guilds a player can join would be a better alternative to this.

kia345
04-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Limiting the number of global guilds a player can join would be a better alternative to this.

That would work if a lot of guilds didn't exist just to be "fun" and a means to stay in contact

TSAdmin
04-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Someone should make a server (not unlike Testbed) where it can be logged onto by Classic and Gold accounts alike, where it is completely Guild Competitive activities such as pre-arranged wars, fun events from our favourite Graal servers, Free-range PKing, even in-game guild meetings, etc etc, basically everything mentioned above (Aside from some obvious ones that would require Stefan to update the client and systems) all rolled into one server.

Geno
04-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Someone should make a server (not unlike Testbed) where it can be logged onto by Classic and Gold accounts alike, where it is completely Guild Competitive activities such as pre-arranged wars, fun events from our favourite Graal servers, Free-range PKing, even in-game guild meetings, etc etc, basically everything mentioned above (Aside from some obvious ones that would require Stefan to update the client and systems) all rolled into one server.

This would be amazing, GUILD WARS! sparring matches, CS, all the old school games, new games, maybe....GUILD HALLS! this would be so awesome. lets get this started asap.

MysticX2X
04-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Why? There are about 800+ guilds, 60 percent or more deeming useless.

cbk1994
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Remove Zodiac and Era if they refuse to allow global guilds, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all, I think they just want show off the fact they have local guilds

There is a reason Era does not support guilds. A server should not be forced to allow them if it's going to ruin the gameplay.

Allowing guilds would unbalance everything (imagine Wil Soul and all his cronies joining one guild and defeating all of Era) and leave the staff with no control (cannot control member limit, leadership, etc). Plus, these guilds would want bases, guns, and more. It just wouldn't work.

kia345
04-11-2009, 02:55 PM

Perhaps you could only "register" with one or two of your guilds, that way there wouldn't be any confrontation caused by multi-guilding

Plus, these guilds would want bases, guns, and more. It just wouldn't work.

That's when you say "too bad, join a gang or stfu"

cyan3
04-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I think the ability to use the guild control panel in-game would help guilds greatly. This would make the guild discussion boards easier to use and improve communication with other guild members.

Cloven
04-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Why? There are about 800+ guilds, 60 percent or more deeming useless.

Well obviously you'd clean out the useless guilds first there champ. You can't be obtuse enough to assume that whatever the initial solution may be, it somehow doesn't involve a process. x_x

MysticX2X
04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Well obviously you'd clean out the useless guilds first there champ. You can't be obtuse enough to assume that whatever the initial solution may be, it somehow doesn't involve a process. x_x

Of course it will involve a process. I just think that weeding out the severely inactive guilds should become a priority first. Deleting 600 guilds might raise some incentives to join other guilds, no? I do however agree that limiting how many guilds you can join should also be a priority.

Lol, you can even see that there isnt any active guilds past 100.

xnervNATx
04-11-2009, 05:25 PM
A server (new of course) with a huge castle , the event would be weekly of course , every server guild will compete to know who the best. oh ya , its attack and defence.

Crow
04-11-2009, 05:26 PM
There is a reason Era does not support guilds. A server should not be forced to allow them if it's going to ruin the gameplay.

Allowing guilds would unbalance everything (imagine Wil Soul and all his cronies joining one guild and defeating all of Era) and leave the staff with no control (cannot control member limit, leadership, etc). Plus, these guilds would want bases, guns, and more. It just wouldn't work.

Well, I can imagine it would be possible to turn global guilds on just for the sake of it. Enable friendly fire for non-local guilds, and so on. Would be just the way it is now, with some munchy lot of global guild variety on the server.

Cloven
04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Of course it will involve a process. I just think that weeding out the severely inactive guilds should become a priority first. Deleting 600 guilds might raise some incentives to join other guilds, no? I do however agree that limiting how many guilds you can join should also be a priority.

Lol, you can even see that there isnt any active guilds past 100.

They should just purge the inactives and implement the limit, definitely. The limit certainly should not exceed 2 in my opinion either. Being able to join one "guild" and one "family" more than suffices. :D

Darklux
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Local guilds should be forbidden or global guilds removed.
The combination of both systems doesn't work properly =/

Elk
04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Local guilds should be forbidden or global guilds removed.
The combination of both systems doesn't work properly =/

I second this, somehow

MysticX2X
04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
They should just purge the inactives and implement the limit, definitely. The limit certainly should not exceed 2 in my opinion either. Being able to join one "guild" and one "family" more than suffices. :D

They could just be put on the inactive list until the leader comes around and recovers the guild.

Also, we should eliminate those useless joke guilds. Those should be local guilds in all honesty.

Frankie
04-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Graal's player base is focused on 3 servers. Era, Zodiac, and UN. 2 of those servers don't allow global guild tags. In order to remove the uselessness of global guilds, they need to be enabled on Zodiac and Era, but that would cause conflict with certain aspects of game play.

Global guilds are useless. Each server that allows global guilds should just have a local guild system.

kia345
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Global guilds are useless. Each server that allows global guilds should just have a local guild system.

And eliminate a means of interaction that extends across servers? Wow, there's an idea, are going to suggest removing PMs next?

Graal's player base is focused on 3 servers. Era, Zodiac, and UN. 2 of those servers don't allow global guild tags. In order to remove the uselessness of global guilds, they need to be enabled on Zodiac and Era, but that would cause conflict with certain aspects of game play.

It wouldn't conflict with anything. Era's excuse is "oh then they'll want to be treated like gangs". Era's staff can tell them to shut up, if they're really controlled by some "Wil Soul" character like that, then Era's Admins needs to be swapped out or kept in better check. As for Zodiac, yeah I don't even know why they need it.

cyan3
04-14-2009, 12:27 AM
As for Zodiac, yeah I don't even know why they need it.

I agree, the Zodiac guild system is pointless and serves little purpose.

Frankie
04-14-2009, 12:45 AM
And eliminate a means of interaction that extends across servers? Wow, there's an idea, are going to suggest removing PMs next?
since when can global guilds interact across servers?

It wouldn't conflict with anything. Era's excuse is "oh then they'll want to be treated like gangs". Era's staff can tell them to shut up, if they're really controlled by some "Wil Soul" character like that, then Era's Admins needs to be swapped out or kept in better check. As for Zodiac, yeah I don't even know why they need it.
yes it would. as far as I know, gangs on Era have member limits. global guilds do not. that gives them an advantage over gangs.

also, global guilds would probably be using their tag to raid gang bases which is extremely stupid. they shouldn't get privileges that gangs have.

LordSquirt
04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Players can make their only little guild on Era, it's called a party :noob:! I see people who play on different servers bring their guild over to Era, but instead of the guild being like Mercy, it will be Party Mercy.

kia345
04-14-2009, 01:48 AM
since when can global guilds interact across servers?

Since forever, guess you were never in a good guild

yes it would. as far as I know, gangs on Era have member limits. global guilds do not. that gives them an advantage over gangs.

Gangs =! Guilds

People with guild tags shouldn't expect them to server as gangs

also, global guilds would probably be using their tag to raid gang bases which is extremely stupid.

So you propose catering to stupid people? Guilds shouldn't be getting the treatment gangs would on Era, so why would people want to wear the tag over a gang one?

sssssssssss
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't know why I'm bothering.
Guilds need to have, like Cloven said above, 2 max to join for a player.
They to actually use an "inactive list" for guilds, and put the actual inactive ones in there once they hit a certain point in the guild rating system. **edit** and then actually put them inactive as well, until the leader comes on and reactivates it, puts it in pending, gets the guild rating back up to a certain point in a certain length of time, then its a regular guild again. That way people dont lose guilds that are "memories", yet they arnt in an active guild list.
Era and Zodiac suck, I dont care what yall think. Go play WOW if you want to level up, and cmon being in a gang on graal, seriously? Your life is already boring enough to play this game, then to pretend you are in a gang on it? lmao.
All these "great ideas" for servers made guilds pushed aside. I've talked about it before, I'll talk about it again. Certain systems on certain servers will kill the guild system. As general as I can put it.
**edit**
also, might be a good idea to integrate a family system into graal, that way, its a completely different aspect of the game, and nothing to do necessiarly with the guild system. Both "armies" and families are under guilds, make them seperate things.

Ronnie
05-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Ughhh, I think this would be a good idea, the revamped version of my guild system is almost complete(Just working all the last seconds bugs out), and if that can be made like global, like available on any server, so many players can just go into there control panel in a click of a key or such. If you have not experienced my GUI based Guild System, it is basically you log onto your guild control panel and there is a chat area then a bunch of buttons determined on your ranks, but I think that would be a really good way to have guilds grow if you can communicate that way with other guildies in a click of a key.