PDA

View Full Version : Vesporia (code released)

cbk1994
03-30-2009, 05:44 AM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1334/vspoi9.png

Neither Jave or I have the time to maintain Vesporia, so we have decided to release most of the scripts. You're free to use them however you like. I ask only that you not create any Vesporia clones, and give a link to this thread for anyone who asks.

The code is attached; enjoy, and I hope this helps someone out. The movement system will be released in a separate thread once some modifications have been made.

Credits also to Jave Cross for some of the scripts.

Deas_Voice
03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
for those who don't care to download the zip, could you tell us what this package contains?

Schetti
03-30-2009, 05:48 PM
just open?

Deas_Voice
03-30-2009, 06:02 PM
for those who don't care to download the zip, could you tell us what this package contains?

just open?

read the Bolded and ask that again please.
Major Spoiler:i downloaded it but i think the thread creator should tell.

cbk1994
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Here's the main things it contains:

"explosive" class (grenades)
gun scripts
info booth
smoke particle
proxy/timed mines
battleground system (including voting)
leaderboards
package manager
gun example scripts
options & controls
names system (very cool)
HP system

GULTHEX
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
not to be rude or anything

but where is the keydown class

it says it need s it in the scripts

but i dont see it in the zip file

cbk1994
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
not to be rude or anything

but where is the keydown class

it says it need s it in the scripts

but i dont see it in the zip file

Here.

GULTHEX
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
okay another 1 is that when you insert all the scripts

and fire the weapon

it dont do anything

nothing personal

cbk1994
03-31-2009, 02:15 AM
okay another 1 is that when you insert all the scripts

and fire the weapon

it dont do anything

nothing personal

What do you mean by "all the scripts"? I hope you're not trying to just copy everything. That's not what this release was intended for.

GULTHEX
03-31-2009, 02:47 AM
i mean like when i run this weapon

i made ak the name for a test

Script: Function GULTHEX.addMessage not found at line 15 of class_gun in script of Main Weapons/AK47 (in level entropolis_ab-ab.nw at pos (0, 0))

check the script

when i press 1 of the buttons it says

Script: Function GULTHEX.addMessage not found at line 15 of class_gun in script of Main Weapons/AK47 (in level entropolis_ab-ab.nw at pos (0, 0))

so i added all the scripts to see if that was the prob so i still have the error

Twinny
03-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Gulthex...it's not meant to be a server clone....you are supposed to reading the scripts and integrating anything that is useful.... not just copy+paste.

GULTHEX
03-31-2009, 03:02 AM
im not i just need the gun system thats all iv ben having trouble with mine for a verry long time

Pimmeh
03-31-2009, 03:04 AM
im not i just need the gun system thats all iv ben having trouble with mine for a verry long time

So you're copying pasting? Dude, if you cant even figure THAT out you really shouldn't try and start a server -_-

devilsknite1
03-31-2009, 03:07 AM

No comment. :)

Twinny
03-31-2009, 03:12 AM

I havn't extracted it yet (will soon) but does it look like the guns system is a standalone script?

From this thread, I can see a reference to a function the player object has to join and there is probably more to come...

'Nothing personal"....pretentious git

devilsknite1
03-31-2009, 03:15 AM
Also, if I'm not mistaken, you posted a "gun script" that had many replies stating on how you could fix it / make it better. Not sure if it was a whole system or not.. Don't kill me if it isn't D:

I guess you could just find that thread or something, look there. If not, like Twinny said, "From this thread, I can see a reference to a function the player object has to join and there is probably more to come...".

cbk1994
03-31-2009, 06:15 AM
I havn't extracted it yet (will soon) but does it look like the guns system is a standalone script?

It pretty much is. Gulthex, you probably just need to upload "class_keydown", "class_gun", and one of the gun weapons, then weed out any of the add message, etc stuff.

The reason it's not working is likely because you haven't set your controls. Look down toward "onHotKeyPressed", it should be apparent there what you need to do.

Pelikano
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey.

Will the Movement System released anytime soon?

cbk1994
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey.

Will the Movement System released anytime soon?

I took another look at it, and decided it probably wasn't worth releasing since it's not as impressive as I remember it being (e.g. lacking some basic features such as sliding near walls), but if you want, I can post it here.

Pelikano
07-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I took another look at it, and decided it probably wasn't worth releasing since it's not as impressive as I remember it being (e.g. lacking some basic features such as sliding near walls), but if you want, I can post it here.

Yeah, would be nice.
I've learned a lot from the other classes/weapons etc.

DarkRenji
07-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah what a shame that you cant run the server, I always loved this server since it was like SoG :(

DustyPorViva
07-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I'd rather see good/finished code released rather than incomplete/poorly scripted, at least if the person is actually aware of such. If he says it's missing basic things like sliding and all, why release it? There are finished movement scripts released, even if in GS1 and such, that people can at least learn from.

cbk1994
07-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I'd rather see good/finished code released rather than incomplete/poorly scripted, at least if the person is actually aware of such. If he says it's missing basic things like sliding and all, why release it? There are finished movement scripts released, even if in GS1 and such, that people can at least learn from.

You've got a good point, but I guess if he thinks he can learn from it, that's just as well.

These threads will probably help just as much: 1 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77055) 2 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78043) 3 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72985)

I've attached the script.

Pelikano
07-25-2009, 12:44 AM

How do you know what I prefer and from what I can learn better? oO

DustyPorViva
07-25-2009, 06:25 AM
How do you know what I prefer and from what I can learn better? oO
Hey, if you wanna learn from broken/incomplete scripts instead of fully scripted ones, be my guest. He admitted it was never finished, I simply suggested learning from something more finished and complete.

I also don't remember ever even attempting to assume what you'd prefer or what you'd learn better from.

Scouser
10-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Chris, learning alot from reading this and trying to determine what each thing does :)

Arch_Angel
10-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Call him Chriis. :D

Samposse
11-28-2009, 04:31 PM
All 'Those Scripts didnt realy help'd me , only the -System/Names sins no one work'd -.-

Dnegel
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
All 'Those Scripts didnt realy help'd me , only the -System/Names sins no one work'd -.-

http://i46.tinypic.com/333a4qb.jpg

salesman
11-28-2009, 07:07 PM

The point is to learn from them...not just grab 'n go.