PDA

View Full Version : Delteria

sweetbruz
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm just curious, I've been absent from Graal for a few years, and long long ago used to frequent on Delteria. I've had a look around and well, it looks really nice. The new tileset and level design is impressive, but I can say nothing of the functionality. So, my question is, what happened to Delteria? Why is it a pretty ghost town?

Crono
03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
The one that's currently up was supposed to be a preview of New Delt. It was supposed to be expanded upon the following week or so according to Tortoise but that was ditched.

Cloven
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Delteria is currently under development. I am happy to say that we've been making great progress for some time now. Unfortunately it will still be a matter of months before we are ready to go public again.

I am glad that you enjoyed the tileset on the public server, though that tileset and version of the port town have been almost completely remodeled since then (the public version is largely 2 years old). I appreciate your question.

Sometime in the near future everyone should expect to see a thread from me regarding Delteria's progress and current hiring needs. Oh, and yes, I will be including some amount of screenshots.

Schetti
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Hmm...
Last time I went on Delteria to see whats there, I got a PM from a friend: LOL! Go off Delteria, its just like a sin!

Crono
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Hmm...
Last time I went on Delteria to see whats there, I got a PM from a friend: LOL! Go off Delteria, its just like a sin!

Must have been a very retarded friend.

kia345
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Sometime in the near future everyone should expect to see a thread from me regarding Delteria's progress and current hiring needs. Oh, and yes, I will be including some amount of screenshots.

Looking forward to it; sorry I didn't help as much as I could've.

MysticX2X
03-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Delteria has been the same thing I have seen it for the past year and a half - A fancy map with some random levels and a nice spar arena.

I always wondered why they didn't choose to go UC mode.

kia345
03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I always wondered why they didn't choose to go UC mode.

They have a staffonly dev server.

They updated the main server because they expected to have it done shortly afterward, but Tort walked out on them or something

Cloven
03-24-2009, 02:17 AM

They updated the main server because they expected to have it done shortly afterward, but Tort walked out on them or something

It was more that Tort was given a staff position that certainly wasn't warranted and subsequently set the server up for failure. In any event, I rectified that issue quite some time ago and we've all moved on.

You're welcome to your old gani position if you end up finding that you have some free time, btw.

MysticX2X
03-24-2009, 01:21 PM

It's not so much about having a dev server than the fact that there is nothing to do

I'm surprised PWA hasn't told that server to go in UC mode. That server is even drier than Classic atm.

Mykel
04-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Cloven, post some updates! :)