PDA

View Full Version : New News Admins

Admins
03-23-2009, 02:08 AM
After watching all applications and getting recommendations by the other global admins I found following the best choice:
cyan3 - News admin: active on Gold servers, experience with news and administration
Nataxo - News admin assistant: very active on Graal and the forums and having good past experience with news writing and gathering

Additionally the news admins are allowed to hire more people, may be can make a guild for Global News or so :) (those will not get global RC though)

The news admins will get access to all servers for easier contacting the staff, and will hopefully get news onto the wiki and the serverlist. The main goal is to animate server staff and players to post news and spread the word, but writing news, posting screenshots and adding other peoples news and ideas will be nice as well.

I don't expect the news admins to do a miracle, but having at least two or three news (one or two with pictures) on the wiki each week would be good.

I hope you are not sad if you have applied for the postition but wasn't hired, at least this is something that everyone can do so competition is fine, cooperation even better :)

pooper200000
03-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Congrats Cyan and Nataxo!

Imperialistic
03-23-2009, 02:10 AM
Congratz guys, good luck!

Matt
Congratulations to both, and good luck guys. ^^

Gothika
A very good choice, Cyan and Nataxo are going to be amazing at this job. Congrats to both! ^^

Elizabeth
...congrats

kia345 should've been hired though. the position should've been given to someone who didn't have news experience in the past, so that they'd have a chance at doing the news.

Tigairius
03-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Congratulations to Felix and Nataxo.

cbk1994
03-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Congratulations to both of you.

However, I have to question Nataxo being a global while also being a trial.

Gothika
03-23-2009, 02:15 AM
However, I have to question Nataxo being a global while also being a trial.

There's always one who just has to steam in with the negitivity.

cbk1994
03-23-2009, 02:17 AM
There's always one who just has to steam in with the negitivity.

I'm not being negative.

She won't be able to use RC or edit the wiki. Is that not a problem?

kia345
03-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Felix was good move, but Nataxo, really?

cyan3
03-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Thank you, I'm looking forward to visiting the interesting servers and contributing the news to hopefully promote and improve the them.

Congratulations Nataxo!

jkool666
03-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Congrats both! Especially Nataxo :)

Admins
03-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Ok will add rights and send forum pms tomorrow hopefully

Shadow5596321
03-23-2009, 02:52 AM
cyan3 - News admin: active on Gold servers, experience with news and administrationAlright.
Nataxo - News admin assistant: very active on Graal and the forums and having good past experience with news writing and gatheringFail.

Darlene159
03-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Congrats to you both!

Unpredlctable
03-23-2009, 04:16 AM
oh thank god
kia345 should've been hired though. the position should've been given to someone who didn't have news experience in the past, so that they'd have a chance at doing the news.
not to be a jerk cough cough but i'd assume stefan was looking to fill a position with someone who know what they were doing, not just to provide the opportunity to anyone who wanted in

DarkCloud_PK
03-23-2009, 04:26 AM
it sounds like this position is getting global RC for the admins(judging from stefan saying that the people they hire will NOT be getting RC and he threw in a "however").
is that really necessary?

Shadow5596321
03-23-2009, 04:43 AM
it sounds like this position is getting global RC for the admins(judging from stefan saying that the people they hire will NOT be getting RC and he threw in a "however").
is that really necessary?dey be speical ppl dats y

Rufus
03-23-2009, 04:54 AM
CastleWars on N-Pulse

N-Pulse is having weekly CastleWars events. It's pretty much like a Guild War kind of thing, to determine the best guild.
These events will be held weekly on Wednsdays between 7-8 PM EST (12-1AM GMT), and sometimes randomly throughout the week, so have your guilds ready!

lol irl

WhiteDragon
03-23-2009, 04:55 AM
lol irl

>.>

TESTRETIS
03-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Congrats you two, satisfied with your choices, Stefan.

Nataxo
03-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Omg!!!!!

Congratulations Cyan!!!!!! Partner :cool:

Also thx to everyone who supported :) I'll do my best.

cbk1994
03-23-2009, 05:29 AM
lol irl

agreed

xnervNATx
03-23-2009, 05:48 AM
...congrats

ur kinda right. how is someone going to learn if they cannot try. but stilll gratz cyan

MiniOne
03-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Congratulations :D

Bell
03-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Congratulations to both of you.

LordSquirt
03-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Great job to both of you. It's good to see Nataxo work on bigger things, but you should also still update your news on era :p

xXziroXx
03-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Congratulations to both of you, I'm sure you'll do excellent jobs! :)

Jesper
03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Cyan and NATAXO !

Donark
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Good job Nat!! Hopefully you will stick around to Era news aswell :D

kia345
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
not to be a jerk cough cough but i'd assume stefan was looking to fill a position with someone who know what they were doing, not just to provide the opportunity to anyone who wanted in

You're implying Nataxo knows what she's doing?

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
oh thank god

the majority of them didn't have news experience, though. is he going to take the one with news experience over all of the others without experience? that's completely unfair. jerk cough cough

ur kinda right. how is someone going to learn if they cannot try. but stilll gratz cyan

exactly. :)

Crono
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Well atleast Stefan got it 1/2 right.

Rufus
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Nataxo, does this mean you're not going to be on Classic much anymore? :(

Ravenblade1979
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Gratz Felix and special gratz to Nataxo (to think you started out as a mere ET after i vouched for ya)

xnervNATx
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Well atleast Stefan got it 1/2 right.

ur 1/1 right!

sango_ku
03-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Congrats dear Felix :D

<3

fragman85
03-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I heard Stefan didn't want Trials to lead even Gangs on Era :f

Now a Trial is a Global.

Let's all stop paying, maybe we'll get Globals :o?

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Let's all stop paying

done

Unpredlctable
03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
You're implying Nataxo knows what she's doing?
i'm not going to judge one way or another on whether she's qualified for the position, because i know very little about her. i just know that stefan mentioned she had prior experience with news production.
the majority of them didn't have news experience, though. is he going to take the one with news experience over all of the others without experience? that's completely unfair. jerk cough cough
wow no it's not
do you not think that a real-life employer would rather hire someone with prior experience in a certain field of business, or someone who had no idea what they were doing?

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
wow no it's not
do you not think that a real-life employer would rather hire someone with prior experience in a certain field of business, or someone who had no idea what they were doing?

this isn't real life, is it?
if it was an important job, which required past experience, then sure i could see an employer doing that. but for a job like mcdonald's, they're not going to take someone with previous experience over the beginners. i'm sure that a news admin doesn't need previous experience.

Rufus
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM

:noob:

Unpredlctable
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
if it was an important job, which required past experience, then sure i could see an employer doing that. but for a job like mcdonald's, they're not going to take someone with previous experience over the beginners. i'm sure that a news admin doesn't need previous experience.
i never said it was real life. but are you denying the obvious reality that, whether it is for real-life occupation or a staff position on Graal, someone would RATHER HIRE someone with experience rather than someone with no experience? seriously now

maximus_asinus
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
if it was an important job, which required past experience, then sure i could see an employer doing that. but for a job like mcdonald's, they're not going to take someone with previous experience over the beginners. i'm sure that a news admin doesn't need previous experience.... everything in that post is wrong.

You always hire the person with the most experience, unless there is some sort of stipulation that says otherwise. It would make sense to hire a person who has worked in the particular field before (especially with some customer relations experience).

"Previous working experience isn't required, but it is always an asset". I see that on every application I fill out.

And yes, this is real life, Stefan might be hiring for a position in a game but the game is his income.

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 07:46 PM
... everything in that post is wrong.

You always hire the person with the most experience, unless there is some sort of stipulation that says otherwise. It would make sense to hire a person who has worked in the particular field before (especially with some customer relations experience).

"Previous working experience isn't required, but it is always an asset". I see that on every application I fill out.

And yes, this is real life, Stefan might be hiring for a position in a game but the game is his income.

i used mcdonald's as an example because it's a common job for beginners to get experience. they take people with absolutely no experience.

Deas_Voice
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
they take people with absolutely no experience.
yeah, i noticed that when i ordered a coke and got a fanta x_x.

Congratulations Nataxo and Cyan!

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah, i noticed that when i ordered a coke and got a fanta x_x.

laf, yeah don't expect them to get your entire order correct.

maximus_asinus
03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
i used mcdonald's as an example because it's a common job for beginners to get experience. they take people with absolutely no experience.because nobody that works in the fast food industry sticks around for very long. It is an entry level job for people entering the work force to gain experience AND MOVE ON.

Vima
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Congrats Cyan and Nataxo.
I'm sure they'll do fine :)

fragman85
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Actually this is Real life.

It's a News Job on Graal, it's doing Adverstitement kinda.

Yes, it is "Real Life", if you see it like that.

BlueMelon
03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Grats!

Deas_Voice
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Stefan, with "having access to all servers" means they can get past the "staff only" option?
also i would love to see a Global News Guild.
if i would name it, i would call it "Wiki News Team" ^^

again, congratz to you both!

cbk1994
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Stefan, with "having access to all servers" means they can get past the "staff only" option?

It does, but I wish it didn't.

I know I wouldn't want Nataxo hopping on some server I was working on before it's been released, taking a bunch of screenshots, then posting them.

salesman
03-23-2009, 10:37 PM

I know I wouldn't want Nataxo hopping on some server I was working on before it's been released, taking a bunch of screenshots, then posting them.

Yea that would kind of suck, but it wouldn't be hard to give them a solid black screen so they can't see anything.

kia345
03-23-2009, 10:43 PM
i'm not going to judge one way or another on whether she's qualified for the position, because i know very little about her. i just know that stefan mentioned she had prior experience with news production.

I didn't read every application, but all of the ones I did have contributed to news on the Graal Bible at some point. All Nataxo's done is that excuse for "news" on Era. Not saying she wasn't qualified, but she definitely wasn't qualified over everyone else.

(to think you started out as a mere ET after i vouched for ya)

So is every mediocre decision your fault?

Battle Island! New Ircia! Nataxo! What, did you plan Bay of Pigs?

Felix_Xenophobe
03-23-2009, 10:46 PM
So is every mediocre decision your fault?

Battle Island! New Ircia! Nataxo! What, did you plan Bay of Pigs?

****ing lol'd

Elizabeth
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM
****ing lol'd

seconded

Ravenblade1979
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
@Pojo: missed me so much you had to come back and try to antagonize me. How sweet.

@Elizabeth: As someone else said. News on here is essentially advertising for the game so they would need someone with prior experience. So this is like a real job.

kia345
03-23-2009, 11:56 PM
@Pojo: missed me so much you had to come back and try to antagonize me. How sweet.

Missed Graal so much you had to come back and acknowledge yet another blunder?

cbk1994
03-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea that would kind of suck, but it wouldn't be hard to give them a solid black screen so they can't see anything.

serverwarp("Zone");

They'd never, ever come back after seeing that.

Nataxo
03-24-2009, 12:37 AM

obviously I wont write about things you want to keep secret.:\

salesman
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
serverwarp("Zone");

They'd never, ever come back after seeing that.

I'd prefer blackness and a message saying "Under development" or "TOP SECRET - NO TRESSPASSERS."

Gothika
03-24-2009, 01:04 AM
laf, yeah don't expect them to get your entire order correct.

Although that can work to your advantage, many times I've ask for a cheeseburger and they gave me a double instead.

Imperialistic
03-24-2009, 02:43 AM
I have this feeling I'm going to see a bunch of grammatical errors on Nataxo's part.

Nataxo
03-24-2009, 02:44 AM
I have this feeling I'm going to see a bunch of grammatical errors on Nataxo's part.

Wanna check my article before I post it to check for mistakes first?:p

kia345
03-24-2009, 02:45 AM

I'm going to be as blunt as possible.

No one likes your news articles except for the people on Era that no one like.

Imperialistic
03-24-2009, 02:56 AM

Wanna = Not an English word as far as I'm concerned.

You're way too ****y for my taste tbh.

Darlene159
03-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Wanna check my article before I post it to check for mistakes first?:pJust do your best, and listen to constructive criticism (if there is such a thing on Graal).
I am sure that you will do fine if you don't let the negativity get to you. :)

CharlieM
03-24-2009, 03:36 AM

Type your articles in MS Word, Grammar/Spell check. Read once. Make corrections run Grammar/Spell Check again. Have someone else read. Make corrections. Grammar/spell Check. Read yourself, Post if it makes sense.

kia345
03-24-2009, 03:44 AM
I am sure that you will do fine if you don't let the negativity get to you. :)

You do better when there's little to no negativity to get to you. "Doing your best" or "putting up with it" isn't some amazing standard to be held to.

MiniOne
03-24-2009, 09:17 AM
I believe Nataxo will do a great job, just lay low on the slang and stick with more formal language, as well as use Mozilla Firefox so that you can have a spell check :)
That should fix the spelling errors, as for the grammatical errors, I'll be happy to double check your work.
Remember to change your style of writing every now and then.

Clockwork
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm going to be as blunt as possible.

No one likes your news articles except for the people on Era that no one like.

I like her new's articles.
Would -rep you but I can't again x.x;

MiniOne
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I believe Pojo is just jealous that he didn't get the position and therefore Nat, don't listen to his negative comments, you do an absolutely wonderful job for the Era news and you will be a great News Admin.

Don't let Pojo get to you.

Imperialistic
03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I believe Pojo is just jealous that he didn't get the position and therefore Nat, don't listen to his negative comments, you do an absolutely wonderful job for the Era news and you will be a great News Admin.

yes Dr. Phil :rolleyes:

Donark
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
you do an absolutely wonderful job for the Era news and you will be a great News Admin.

Yah I agree, but mini, do you even play Era? :P

kia345
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM

I'm not jealous, I'm disgusted that Nataxo would be considered over the other, better, choices, that happen to include myself. Same thing would've happened if SN was hired.

I'm not giving Felix any flak. He's a smart guy. He's pretty cool, and he doesn't come off as some 12 year old who just wants to look like they're doing something productive.

I like her new's articles.
Would -rep you but I can't again x.x;

You probably like them in a satirical sense; they make real news look bad.

Jesper
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I dont play Era, but I always come for the new Era News, I want to read the news of Nataxo :D

Darlene159
03-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not jealous, I'm disgusted that Nataxo would be considered over the other, better, choices, that happen to include myself. Same thing would've happened if SN was hired.

I'm not giving Felix any flak. He's a smart guy. He's pretty cool, and he doesn't come off as some 12 year old who just wants to look like they're doing something productive.

You probably like them in a satirical sense; they make real news look bad.The way you talk to and treat people that you don't like would keep me from hiring you for anything. :\

Rufus
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
The way you talk to and treat people that you don't like would keep me from hiring you for anything. :\

That doesn't mean much, you only hire suckups anyway.

Darlene159
03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
That doesn't mean much, you only hire suckups anyway."Sucking up" Seems to be the new "respect"
I hire people who show others respect when talking to them, and can overlook the way they may feel about a person in order to do their job appropriately. If you want to call that sucking up, then so be it.

I would hope the 2 people hired can treat people with respect. It's pretty important, since they will have to interview Managers/Admins on servers for news, even if they don't like them.

Rufus
03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I hire people who show others respect when talking to them, and can overlook the way they may feel about a person in order to do their job appropriately.

I haven't seen any :confused:

I would hope the 2 people hired can treat people with respect. It's pretty important, since they will have to interview Managers/Admins on servers for news, even if they don't like them.

By your standards Door wouldn't be good for the job, yet she actively talks to Managers on many servers already and can freely associate with them on many different servers. You wouldn't have hired Door, because you don't overlook the way you do your job appropriately, so you're hardly the moral compass to discuss things like hirings, especially given who you hire yourself.

xXziroXx
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
The way you talk to and treat people that you don't like would keep me from hiring you for anything. :\

Would you prefer people putting up fake smiles towards people that they don't like, or express how they feel? Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

TSAdmin
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Would you prefer people putting up fake smiles towards people that they don't like, or express how they feel? Personally, I'd prefer the later.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hge905.jpg

------------------

On thread topic:
Congratulations guys.

Elizabeth
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM

i do agree with pojo. a lot of the era news articles are just pointless. for example: '___ gets hit by a car!' - it happens too many times a day to count, and doesn't even serve a purpose? cars don't even affect the players health. '____ reopens / opens!' - there's a server message for that. the articles are full of gramatical errors, almost like they weren't proofread. even though english isn't her first language, she could atleast put some effort into her articles, such as finding topics with a point, and using the spell check option. the first server news was absolutely worthless, there's castle wars on almost every server.

Unpredlctable
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
gramatical errors
*snickers*

Elizabeth
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
*snickers*

?.

Unpredlctable
03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
?.
o_o omg...
gramatical errors

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 12:17 AM
o_o omg...

there's two ways of spelling 'gramatical'. gramatical, and grammatical.

Unpredlctable
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
yeah if you wanna be incorrect there's only about infinity-ass ways spell it the wrong way

pooper200000
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
the first server news was absolutely worthless, there's castle wars on almost every server.

Can you at least look into that before you say as much?

Okay lets break this down. Nataxo can not use remote control. Nataxo is a trial. Nataxo can't post those news. That means that the only person who can submit news is Cyan.

Now lets break this down a little more. Nataxo is a trial. (I said this twice! LOLOLOLOL!!!11!!) Nataxo is unable to access the Graal Bible. Now knowing this information, we can reasonably assume that the only people who would submit Nataxo's news would be Cyan3.

Okay so we have all this information stating Nataxo most likely did not post that news. We can also make use of the following information:
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php?title=News/2009/March&diff=prev&oldid=11701

The best thing to do now would be to realize that unless the user Novice submitted that news as a favor for Nataxo or Cyan, that Nataxo or Cyan did not write that information.

You could also ask Nataxo, and I'm sure Nataxo might let you know if she wrote that article.

Rufus
03-25-2009, 12:38 AM

Okay lets break this down. Nataxo can not use remote control. Nataxo is a trial. Nataxo can't post those news. That means that the only person who can submit news is Cyan.

Now lets break this down a little more. Nataxo is a trial. (I said this twice! LOLOLOLOL!!!11!!) Nataxo is unable to access the Graal Bible. Now knowing this information, we can reasonably assume that the only people who would submit Nataxo's news would be Cyan3.

Okay so we have all this information stating Nataxo most likely did not post that news. We can also make use of the following information:

The best thing to do now would be to realize that unless the user Novice submitted that news as a favor for Nataxo, that Nataxo did not write that information.

You could also ask Nataxo, and I'm sure Nataxo might let you know if she wrote that article.

[email protected] respect

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 12:42 AM

The best thing to do now would be to realize that unless the user Novice submitted that news as a favor for Nataxo, that Nataxo did not write that information.

i'd appreciate it if you quoted the sentence that i stated nataxo wrote the first article. :)

& if she can't access the graal bible, cannot use remote control, and can't post news, shouldn't the position should've been given to someone who could?

yeah if you wanna be incorrect there's only about infinity-ass ways spell it the wrong way

search it on google.

pooper200000
03-25-2009, 12:42 AM
[email protected] respect

[email protected] about what is said.

i'd appreciate it if you quoted the sentence that i stated nataxo wrote the first article. :)

I never said you said Nataxo wrote the first article. I'm just responding mostly to Nataxo, as Nataxo seems to be the person you are targeting.

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 12:43 AM
[email protected] about what is said.

[email protected] like my mother

Nataxo
03-25-2009, 12:48 AM

The best thing to do now would be to realize that unless the user Novice submitted that news as a favor for Nataxo or Cyan, that Nataxo or Cyan did not write that information.

^that and "what the hell"

I really think Stefan knew those things before he hired me... he's not stupid you know. :\

Matt
03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Do you guys honestly think Stefan is unaware of Nataxo not having Gold, or are you just frustrated at the fact that she will most likely be given Gold or something other such as permissions on GraalBible, upon being accepted for the position, to do her position? x.x

cyan3
03-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Do you guys honestly think Stefan is unaware of Nataxo not having Gold, or are you just frustrated at the fact that she will most likely be given Gold, upon being accepted for the position, to do her position? x.x

Special permissions to edit the graal bible can be given to trial users.

Matt
03-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Special permissions to edit the graal bible can be given to trial users.

Assuming that the people fascinated about Nataxo not having Gold did not know this, maybe this is what they needed to see.

cbk1994
03-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Assuming that the people fascinated about Nataxo not having Gold did not know this, maybe this is what they needed to see.

The problem is not so much whether or not she can do her job, which I'm sure she can, but whether a trial should be allowed to do this.

Trials can't lead gangs on Era, aren't supposed to be staff, and have similar restrictions placed on them, yet it's okay for one to be a global staff member?

Unpredlctable
03-25-2009, 03:38 AM
how dare u question stefan's judgment and decisions

MysticX2X
03-25-2009, 03:56 AM
I also agree with Pojo's point (Darn he's banned! I think) as well as many of the people who applied were filtered out because they didn't have past experience with gathering news (In the respect that they weren't highly acknowledged for it) despite the people who did talk about Era Ammo running out and some staff blocking up a building.

jorollychu
03-25-2009, 06:24 AM
dalton seems mad that liz is dating luda now

MiniOne
03-25-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm pretty sure grammatical has two m's, not one, well in the English language at least.
I'd also point out the lack of capitals.
I do play Era, every now and then and have read some articles, though you think someone dying because they got hit by a car is pointless to have in a news article then why would they do it in real life? Is it pointless there too?

Nataxo should get gold, otherwise it would be unfair towards other members of the community.

Pimmeh
03-25-2009, 07:20 AM
to do her position? x.x

I'd do your position >_<.

But seriously. Stop whining about this all, the decision has been made and we just have to wait and see if Stefan made the right one. As of now, I'd like to see something going on, it's been two days and I really can't wait for progress much longer ^_^

Unpredlctable
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
dalton seems mad that liz is dating luda now
none of those things is true

MiniOne
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
i'd do your position >_<.

But seriously. Stop whining about this all, the decision has been made and we just have to wait and see if stefan made the right one. As of now, i'd like to see something going on, it's been two days and i really can't wait for progress much longer ^_^

qft

cyan3
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
As of now, I'd like to see something going on, it's been two days and I really can't wait for progress much longer ^_^

I've been visiting a few servers and most of them are not interested in the news. Hopefully I'll have some news posted today.

MysticX2X
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I do play Era, every now and then and have read some articles, though you think someone dying because they got hit by a car is pointless to have in a news article then why would they do it in real life? Is it pointless there too?

Nataxo should get gold, otherwise it would be unfair towards other members of the community.

No, because this isn't the real world.

The idea of having some articles in an NPC newspaper was a nice concept. The actual content was boring.

It's the idea of people who are not greatly acknowledged for posting news that weren't hired. I've seen a ton of edits/posts by Pimmeh on the wiki before, which were actually nice ones.

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure grammatical has two m's, not one, well in the English language at least.

gramatical can be spelled in two ways.
google it.

I'd also point out the lack of capitals.
okay, answer this.
does my lack of capital use change the word or phrase that i'm spelling out completely?

do people in real life have endless lives, where when they die they're warped to a hospital bed, and are revived?

Tigairius
03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
gramatical can be spelled in two ways.
google it.

No it can't lol.

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
No it can't lol.

RLY???
because when i was typing up my reply, when i said 'gramatical' the first time, i googled it because i was unsure of the spelling. it didn't correct me, so i used it.

Tigairius
03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
RLY???
because when i was typing up my reply, when i said 'gramatical' the first time, i googled it because i was unsure of the spelling. it didn't correct me, so i used it.

Pro tip: Just because you can google something doesn't make it fact.

And wow, this thread is totally derailed lol.

doyouskate
03-25-2009, 08:37 PM
rly???
Because when i was typing up my reply, when i said 'gramatical' the first time, i googled it because i was unsure of the spelling. It didn't correct me, so i used it.

:(

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Pro tip: Just because you can google something doesn't make it fact.

yes, i realize now.

you guys were right.

Unpredlctable
03-25-2009, 08:46 PM
wow finally admits it jesus christ

Elizabeth
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
wow finally admits it jesus christ

jeez sorry for trusting google :rolleyes:

cyan3
03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I've been having slow progress searching for news. Mainly because almost every UC server I've visited today have had immature none-dev staff members killing me with staff tools degrading my interest in the server.

Tigairius
03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I've been having slow progress searching for news. Mainly because almost every UC server I've visited today have had immature none-dev staff members killing me with staff tools degrading my interest in the server.

I'd suggest sticking around the classic servers anyways.

cyan3
03-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I'd suggest sticking around the classic servers anyways.

Good idea, classics servers have a better opportunity for news articles and the staff are more professional.

Rufus
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Good idea, classics servers have a better opportunity for news articles and the staff are more professional.
I think a start would be finding out when the Classic servers host their tournaments. I know there's tons of people who like taking part in them and not always know when they are. It's interesting to see the results too, and I've posted a couple for Classic now and again.

salesman
03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Congrats to both of you, especially Nataxo.
English may not be your first language, but I'm sure you'll gather great news.

cyan3
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I think a start would be finding out when the Classic servers host their tournaments. I know there's tons of people who like taking part in them and not always know when they are. It's interesting to see the results too, and I've posted a couple for Classic now and again.

I know Classic has monthly spars on the second Saturday of each month but I'll have to do some research for the other classic servers.

fragman85
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
RLY???

I laughed about her lieing irl so bad.

So first you claim that you can spell "grammatical" in two ways and tell everybody to use google, because you know Graal is full of lazy people?

And if you googled "gramatical" and it worked, how do you know that you can spell it in two ways?

lol, just had to add that.

Btw. you really made me laugh a lot, lol

Elizabeth
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
I laughed about her lieing irl so bad.

So first you claim that you can spell "grammatical" in two ways and tell everybody to use google, because you know Graal is full of lazy people?

And if you googled "gramatical" and it worked, how do you know that you can spell it in two ways?

lol, just had to add that.

Btw. you really made me laugh a lot, lol

...because i googled it both ways, and then used the version with one m?

xXziroXx
03-26-2009, 04:49 PM
...because i googled it both ways, and then used the version with one m?

When you Google words, Google "define:insertwordhere" to get a definition of it.

Vima
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM

What about Hosted Tab servers?

cyan3
03-26-2009, 05:45 PM
What about Hosted Tab servers?

I'll write news for respectable servers with professional staff members that are committed to the development and growth of the server.

zephirot
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
RLY???

HAHAHA u suk

Elizabeth
03-26-2009, 07:34 PM
When you Google words, Google "define:insertwordhere" to get a definition of it.

i'll do that next time :)

salesman
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
i'll do that next time :)

I wouldn't --

Definitions of gramatical on the Web:

Grammar is the field of linguistics that covers the rules governing the use of any given natural language. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramatical

Andre2006
03-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Congratulations guys, I was a bit late but still <3

Sam
03-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Belated congrats to you. It's a good choice! I wish you all the best and have a thick skin. There are always people who knows everything better and can do the job much better than you... ;)

Unpredlctable
03-26-2009, 11:35 PM
There are always people who knows everything better and can do the job much better than you... ;)
Yep, there sure are.

MiniOne
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes actually people get revived in hospital beds all the time.

Elizabeth
03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Yes actually people get revived in hospital beds all the time.

ohhh, right. right after they're shot down and dead, and are warped back to the hospital.

Pimmeh
03-27-2009, 09:13 PM
ohhh, right. right after they're shot down and dead, and are warped back to the hospital.

What would you want? An ambulance picking you up and rushing you to the hospital? That would just waste time...

The reason I posted here was to point everyone to http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/News. The new news item that Felix posted looks excellent. Congratulations :)

Elizabeth
03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
What would you want? An ambulance picking you up and rushing you to the hospital? That would just waste time..

i'm implying that people don't have endless lives in real life.

Pimmeh
03-27-2009, 09:20 PM

"Keep him stable!"
"We're losing him!"
*Grabs defibrillator*
"CLEAR"
*Tzhoomp*
"He's back, lets get him in the hospital, people."

And remember, its still a video game.

Elizabeth
03-27-2009, 09:29 PM
"Keep him stable!"
"We're losing him!"
*Grabs defibrillator*
"CLEAR"
*Tzhoomp*
"He's back, lets get him in the hospital, people."

And remember, its still a video game.

..what?

Pimmeh
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
..what?

That would be what goes on in an ambulance ^_^

zephirot
03-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Oh wow. ****ing wow.

bioboi
03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats, you both should do a great job, don't forget to check on us on Maloria!

cyan3
03-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Congrats, you both should do a great job, don't forget to check on us on Maloria!

Check out the news.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/News/2009/March

Darlene159
03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Check out the news.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/News/2009/MarchVery nicely done.

Admins
03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Looks quite nice :)
Small problem though, images cannot not contain "-" (minus) because the news-generator website scripts cannot handle them. So someone needs to change the name and re-upload them before the news can be added to the serverlist and website.

Matt
03-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I agree, very well done. ^^

salesman
03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
That drummer in the Era picture is a stud :cool:

Nataxo
03-29-2009, 07:57 PM

I <3 his skin color

Elizabeth
03-30-2009, 01:14 AM

idk, he looks fat to me.

:)

Angelu
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Would be good to have the same news on the Graal Online Mainpage.
People who see graal for the first time knows nothing about the wiki.
If they see the images and news maybe they think about start playing.

The best would be if you make a new design for the Mainpage with a better concept which doesnt look like a zylom flashgame page :O

cyan3
04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Would be good to have the same news on the Graal Online Mainpage.
People who see graal for the first time knows nothing about the wiki.
If they see the images and news maybe they think about start playing.

The best would be if you make a new design for the Mainpage with a better concept which doesnt look like a zylom flashgame page :O

graalonline.com has news pages for Graal Kingdoms, Zone, and Playerworld news.

http://www.graalonline.com/kingdoms/news

http://www.graalonline.com/zone/news

http://www.graalonline.com/playerworlds/news

kia345
04-01-2009, 02:29 PM

[email protected] Zormite island update referencing the items Bjorn mentioned "in the coming weeks" + the Zormite shirts Bjorn immediately broke.

Angelu
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM

never saw the news button under games ^^

cyan3
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
never saw the news button under games ^^

I didn't count games because the graal skills news has not been updated for a long time.

Pimmeh
04-14-2009, 06:55 AM
So what is being worked on right now? I rarely see any news, nor any wiki developments, and I have been looking around for a few days now.
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Special:RecentChanges
Its kinda blank...

Shadow5596321
04-14-2009, 07:35 AM
So what is being worked on right now? I rarely see any news, nor any wiki developments, and I have been looking around for a few days now.
Its kinda blank...Hardly anything exciting comes up on Graal. Most of it is kept in a little secret box.

cyan3
04-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Its kinda blank...

2 news article were posted on the 12th and Nataxo is currently writing and article about the new classic card game.

Banditz
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I see alot more news now with the News Admin. Nice job Felix. ;)