PDA

View Full Version : Progress Update

MiniOne
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Could a member of the staff please post the progress on projects that Dan and Stefan have been working on?

Deas_Voice
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Could a member of the staff please post the progress on projects that Dan and Stefan have been working on?

yeah, just because Dan/Stefan does all the work on Zone?

seanthien
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
yeah, just because Dan/Stefan does all the work on Zone?

Don't be so harsh, they do most of the scripting right? Scripts are pretty much the main course of a update. Besides, we have alot of everything but scipts from what I know.

pooper200000
03-17-2009, 02:19 AM

I'll ask Dan to post what Dan is doing, but it isn't my place to reveal what Dan is working on or what his progress in his work would be. Only Dan can best judge where Dan is on his work, and if Dan wants to tell the position he is at he will do so. Dan can reveal what Stefan is doing as well if he wants, but Stefan is also scripting globally so Dan does quite a bit of the work I believe.

I would also like to remind you that some of the updates are supposed to be surprises, so it isn't as if any members of the development team would post what they are doing because that may ruin part of the surprise.

The phrase Staff-Only might explain a bit of this as well.

MiniOne
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
@Deas Well when I said 'Progress' I was more intent on finding out what new events, weapons and etc were going to be done, not really GFX.

Crow
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Don't be so harsh, they do most of the scripting right? Scripts are pretty much the main course of a update. Besides, we have alot of everything but scipts from what I know.

Yea. Unfortunately, it's being handled like that on Zone. The outcome are only half-decent graphics and mostly ****ty levels.

Ravenblade1979
03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Yea. Unfortunately, it's being handled like that on Zone. The outcome are only half-decent graphics and mostly ****ty levels.

Hey I know my iricia what ****ty lol.

Anyways when updates are ready they will generally announce it. I know it would be nice for people to hear they are working on stuff but please be assured that there is always stuff going on and being updated and tested or even made and tested on debug.

Admins
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Squads.

anubis_wing
03-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Squads.

*clap* *clap* well said.

Crono
03-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Squads.

Nice, been waiting a while for this.

seanthien
03-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Nice, been waiting a while for this.

A few years late :(

MiniOne
03-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey I know my iricia what ****ty lol.

Anyways when updates are ready they will generally announce it. I know it would be nice for people to hear they are working on stuff but please be assured that there is always stuff going on and being updated and tested or even made and tested on debug.

The only reason I made this thread was cause a large amount of players believe that no progress is being made on zone. This was to prove them wrong.

Ravenblade1979
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Its not a matter of proof. Its all a matter of when they want to release the info because something may come up where the new thing being made had to be scrapped and there goes people's hopes.

seanthien
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Its not a matter of proof. Its all a matter of when they want to release the info because something may come up where the new thing being made had to be scrapped and there goes people's hopes.

What Minione is asking is reasonable knowing zone's past update history. Zone barely had any updates at all before. It's nice to know that things are progressing well and it should be released soon or might take some more time.

MiniOne
03-19-2009, 07:17 AM
I just believe zone players should be informed about whats happening, since we have a new developer who was hired purely for zone.

pooper200000
03-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I just believe zone players should be informed about whats happening, since we have a new developer who was hired purely for zone.

New?

Shadow5596321
03-20-2009, 01:35 AM
New?Its nice to see even Zone staff clueless.

pooper200000
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Its nice to see even Zone staff clueless.

Well as far as I'm aware there have been no new developers hired. I was saying new out of my confusion at MiniOne saying Zone has a new developer just for Zone. As far as I'm aware Dan has been around quite a while. Therefore the only instance that would make sense would be if a new developer had been hired.

Shadow5596321
03-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Well as far as I'm aware there have been no new developers hired. I was saying new out of my confusion at MiniOne saying Zone has a new developer just for Zone. As far as I'm aware Dan has been around quite a while. Therefore the only instance that would make sense would be if a new developer had been hired.Confusion? More like clueless IMO.

Tell you the truth, They need more scripters who actually know what Zone needs.

seanthien
03-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Confusion? More like clueless IMO.

Tell you the truth, They need more scripters who actually know what Zone needs.

I don't see how that's clueless.

I doubt any decent scripters would want to work for something as horrible as zone.

MiniOne
03-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Well 'New' should have been changed to newest, sorry it was a typo.

Shadow5596321
03-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't see how that's clueless.

I doubt any decent scripters would want to work for something as horrible as zone.He's clueless on whose hired or not. Now go back to Combat Arms midget. :D

Dan
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Ah, we are sometimes very wrapped up in working on the new updates on Zone. As Stefan said, we are working on creating the squads and there is more in the works. Expect more soon, but we will keep it a suprise :)

bahamutstevetff
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Ah, we are sometimes very wrapped up in working on the new updates on Zone. As Stefan said, we are working on creating the squads and there is more in the works. Expect more soon, but we will keep it a suprise :)

whats the point of the poll on what you should work on first, if you just disregard it, option C is the winner. the majority of players want that update and also agree that squads will be an epic failure.
But what do i know about logic :asleep:

MiniOne
03-21-2009, 12:47 AM
whats the point of the poll on what you should work on first, if you just disregard it, option C is the winner. the majority of players want that update and also agree that squads will be an epic failure.

Squads will fail since Zone's player count sucks :)
I'd much prefer getting Zone/ Graal's playercount up before instating a system which needs playercount.

bahamutstevetff
03-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Squads will fail since Zone's player count sucks :)
I'd much prefer getting Zone/ Graal's playercount up before instating a system which needs playercount.

lol, zones playercount fails more than the dyslexic production of bitty bitty chang chang.

jkool666
03-21-2009, 04:17 AM
Did Dan create that poll? No. Regardless option A still has 9 people who voted for it. Option B is being worked on and it only has 5 votes ;P.

The majority of players want Squads and think their a great idea. Though with the current playercount now isn't the time to be releasing them.

Shadow5596321
03-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Did Dan create that poll? No. Regardless option A still has 9 people who voted for it. Option B is being worked on and it only has 5 votes ;P.

The majority of players want Squads and think their a great idea. Though with the current playercount now isn't the time to be releasing them.Did you create that poll? Yes.

Players shown what they wanted the most, Your giving them something else.

seanthien
03-21-2009, 06:57 AM

Did you create that poll? Yes.

Here's what both of you fail to see. Not all zone players participate in zone forums. That poll is as accurate as asking someone that has never eaten jello what the texture is like. Realy, if you want a real answer i'd set up a voting system somewhat like Zodiac has, though the answers could be rigged.

jkool666
03-21-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm not giving anyone anything. I'm not scripting any of the updates.

real answer i'd set up a voting system somewhat like Zodiac has, though the answers could be rigged.
Strongly agreed.

MiniOne
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Having a poll on what to do first was smart but at the same time idiotic since its obvious the majority of players would prefer a new event/system/etc rather then the balancing of guns, which if they were smarter, would have been .chosen

Shadow5596321
03-21-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not giving anyone anything. I'm not scripting any of the updates.So basically take some credit without some blame?

doyouskate
03-21-2009, 07:05 PM
So basically take some credit without some blame?

I think he meant he doesn't control what gets scripted.

seanthien
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Having a poll on what to do first was smart but at the same time idiotic since its obvious the majority of players would prefer a new event/system/etc rather then the balancing of guns, which if they were smarter, would have been .chosen

So now zone tries to do what the players want? Last I recall doing what the players wanted kept the current players and chased away others.

Do what you did in the past. Do what the players don't want first. Do what might actually attract players and give them the satisfaction of being able to dominant other players.

bahamutstevetff
03-21-2009, 09:00 PM
The majority of players want Squads and think their a great idea.

shows what you know, in game the mention of the local guild update is followed by a ripple of the word fail.

MiniOne
03-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Do what will improve the server the most dramatically first and will pay off best in the long run, then after that put in a few fun updates like squads along the way.

Shadow5596321
03-22-2009, 02:42 AM
I think he meant he doesn't control what gets scripted.From what I see what has been going on. Jesse will be the new Asst Admin of Zone soon. >.>

Deas_Voice
03-22-2009, 04:29 AM
Jesse will be the new Asst Admin of Zone soon. >.>
who will be the new ETA then? :megaeek:

seanthien
03-22-2009, 04:38 AM
From what I see what has been going on. Jesse will be the new Asst Admin of Zone soon. >.>
What's wrong with that. :confused:
who will be the new ETA then? :megaeek:

Him still, or maybe Sn or shadow imo.

Deas_Voice
03-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Him still, or maybe Sn or shadow imo.
you can't have two major staff positions :/
if Sn, who will be the new FAQ Admin? :eek:
if shadow, :megaeek: (i have nothing against shadow.)

MiniOne
03-22-2009, 06:31 AM
I've talked to both Jesse and SN about the new assistant admin, and neither of them wish to be it, they wish to share the power and maintain their current positions.

seanthien
03-22-2009, 07:09 AM
you can't have two major staff positions :/
if Sn, who will be the new FAQ Admin? :eek:
if shadow, :megaeek: (i have nothing against shadow.)
erm, ya you can o_o.
I've talked to both Jesse and SN about the new assistant admin, and neither of them wish to be it, they wish to share the power and maintain their current positions.

Sounds nice. Sean4Admind.lolol. If you're reading this, you should support me. I'll log on every month.

MiniOne
03-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Though I think they should start hiring at least one more ET and/or FAQ since the lack of staff is still noticeable.

seanthien
03-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Though I think they should start hiring at least one more ET and/or FAQ since the lack of staff is still noticeable.

I'd say hire someone not from the u.s. Hire a french person or something. Though from the experiences i've had with some of them, another side of me screams abuse. It's nice to have foreign staff though since they can talk their native language with new players from their country.

Shadow5596321
03-22-2009, 08:50 AM
What's wrong with that. :confused:Nothing is wrong, but he's saying he doesn't have a say in what gets developed. Which I highly doubt.

MiniOne
03-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't hire any foreigners since they tend to abuse and hack and etc. - Removed further discussion of bans as this is not the place on the forums - Supernanny

I'd hire Tro though :D Tro when he moves back to Scotland should be ET.

pooper200000
03-22-2009, 03:17 PM

I agree, which is why I've recently opened the FAQ hirings.

I'd say hire someone not from the u.s. Hire a french person or something. Though from the experiences i've had with some of them, another side of me screams abuse. It's nice to have foreign staff though since they can talk their native language with new players from their country.

Once again, I agree. Having a staff member able to speak other languages (Such as MagikMasterMind speaking French) helps players that speak that language. It is useless to have a FAQ who speaks only English if a majority of the players online only speak Dutch (This is just an example).

I encourage anyone interested in applying for FAQ who speak a different language to say so, as that would be something that sets you apart from the other applicants.

I wouldn't hire any foreigners since they tend to abuse and hack and etc. - Removed further discussion of bans as this is not the place on the forums - Supernanny

I disagree. That is a horrible generalization to say that all foreigners tend to abuse and hack. There are some who have made quite the name because they do, but there are also Americans (I'm assuming this is what you mean as native) who do the same exact things.

There are many trustworthy foreigners, and if you don't believe so you must not have been looking very hard.

Ravenblade1979
03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
SN and Jesse as co-asst admins on zone. Well not really going there. Will sit back and see what happens.

MiniOne
03-23-2009, 07:13 AM
I have yet to see a single player on zone not to abuse his rights. Though that goes for every player, and unfortunately the majority of foreigners do hack and etc, but there are some reliable ones such as Dan.

I can see that the FAQ position has been open, though FAQs don't have the ability to ban hackers, glitches and abuses which seems to be the latest trend on zone (hacking).

I advise you guys update your anti hack system to detect hacks better.

Shadow5596321
03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I have yet to see a single player on zone not to abuse his rights. Though that goes for every player, and unfortunately the majority of foreigners do hack and etc, but there are some reliable ones such as Dan.Dan? Reliable? Rofl@You.

I can see that the FAQ position has been open, though FAQs don't have the ability to ban hackers, glitches and abuses which seems to be the latest trend on zone (hacking)Hacking has always been a big thing on Zone. We'll suffer through this for a few more weeks then Jesse would hire some more people to deal with them from all our jusitified pleas.

I advise you guys update your anti hack system to detect hacks better.If my understanding of their current hacks is correct. That won't mean ****.

Jesper
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
FAQ should get rights to lock/kick and mute hackers or some glitchers.

RevolutionJS
03-23-2009, 09:48 PM
ET's should get FAQ rights.

Jesper
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM

FAQ only got tag and Zone Debug acces.

MiniOne
03-24-2009, 09:11 AM

ETs have all the FAQs rights, and more. Though ETs can't wear the FAQ tag, their already practically a FAQ since people will see them as staff who can help them, as they should. To be honest any player could be a FAQ, if supplied with the correct amount of knowledge, just Mass PM, anyone need help? I'd be more then glad to lend my assistance.

I agree hackers have always been about of Zone, I remember how some one lost his really high bounty to a hacker, I believe it was Jin though I'm not sure, but hackers being a part of Zone, should mean Zone Police being apart of zone.

bahamutstevetff
03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
FAQ should get rights to lock/kick and mute hackers or some glitchers.

no, think about what a
FAQ is.

seanthien
03-25-2009, 02:21 AM
To be honest any player could be a FAQ, if supplied with the correct amount of knowledge, just Mass PM, anyone need help? I'd be more then glad to lend my assistance.
Ditto, you don't have to be staff to help other players.
remember how some one lost his really high bounty to a hacker, I believe it was Jin though
AHAHA. That brings back some memories and a nice story. If you wanna know about it, ask me on msn. XD

Donark
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I feel left out I can't talk about any of this old oldbie stuff >.>

MiniOne
03-26-2009, 07:07 AM
:) Jin was funny, laming himself on DM xD
Anyone remember that?

bahamutstevetff
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
:) Jin was funny, laming himself on DM xD
Anyone remember that?

indeed, he did that a lot, and relogged so much.

MiniOne
03-26-2009, 10:52 AM
indeed, he did that a lot, and relogged so much.

Still managed to keep his bounty though, most of us would have lost it by 4k, he never got impatient.

Nataxo
03-26-2009, 02:06 PM

same, lol. they always mention oldbie stuff in every single thread.

RealDDc
03-26-2009, 03:54 PM
same, lol. they always mention oldbie stuff in every single thread.

Most of that isn't even oldbie stuff. ;)

When I left the highest bounty was about 2000-2500 tops. The newer, up to 8000 scores, are new zone achievements, managable with helicopters, invisible proximines, more aswell as unplayed planets and way less players.

RevolutionJS
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
What about hackers, Lamers, betrayers, lame weapons?

Shadow5596321
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Most of that isn't even oldbie stuff. ;)

When I left the highest bounty was about 2000-2500 tops. The newer, up to 8000 scores, are new zone achievements, managable with helicopters, invisible proximines, more aswell as unplayed planets and way less players.There's a reason why those planets are unplayed, and with less players. Its called horrible management.

seanthien
03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Still managed to keep his bounty though, most of us would have lost it by 4k, he never got impatient.
I got to help lame him, he tried to log. Failed. He had 3.2k one night (First day he logged on a while) and like whatever the bounty is on the board now the next night.
What about hackers, Lamers, betrayers, lame weapons? They were there, just not alot. Which made it FUN.

There's a reason why those planets are unplayed, and with less players. Its called horrible management.

Who would that be. Just curious who you blame for the failure.

MiniOne
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I loved hackers back then, they'd fight you without running and there wouldn't be like four hackers at a time. We didn't have a great load of lamers back then, betrayers were just part of the game :) We all forgave one another afterward.

Oldie stuff for dennis is like the b4 days :) (2004 - 2005)

Donark
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
The only thing I can remember from '06 is me rushing everyone with rippers in spar, and in iricia people only went to base 1. Two months after that I quit. don't remember why though :/. The only person I remember is FireFury cause me and him were always battling for the # 1 apripper spot.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/sportsfreakxl/donarkoldschool.png
That's what I used to look like >.> Someone tell me if they can remember me.

Shadow5596321
03-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Who would that be. Just curious who you blame for the failure.Starts with a Dan and another person who starts with a Stefan

MiniOne
03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
The only thing I can remember from '06 is me rushing everyone with rippers in spar, and in iricia people only went to base 1. Two months after that I quit. don't remember why though :/. The only person I remember is FireFury cause me and him were always battling for the # 1 apripper spot.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l286/sportsfreakxl/donarkoldschool.png
That's what I used to look like >.> Someone tell me if they can remember me.

I don't remember you but I remember FireFury :)
Good friend of mine, he was one awesome guy

seanthien
03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
The newer, up to 8000 scores, are new zone achievements, managable with helicopters How do helicopters allow you 8k bounty..? Besides, that bounty was about 2 years ago. Not sure how Jin got it in like 2 days though.

I don't remember you but I remember FireFury :)
Good friend of mine, he was one awesome guy

I might of seen that person once or twice. Iuno. I have Fury's msn. :D Though I forgot which one he is.

RealDDc
03-28-2009, 06:20 AM
How do helicopters allow you 8k bounty...)
Stupid question.

(...managable with helicopters, invisible proximines, more aswell as unplayed planets and way less players...)

seanthien
03-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Stupid question.

(...managable with helicopters, invisible proximines, more aswell as unplayed planets and way less players...)

Helicopters weren't out 2 years ago, so there's no way that could of got Jin the bounty.

Invisible proxys. Pretty sure Jin doesn't have enough kills with proxy mines to reach 8k. On top of that, when he came back and got the bounty he was dirt poor on his zone money.

Unplayed planets/less players. 2 years ago zone had a steady playercount and around that time I believe zone reached it's "peak". People played DM, G-wars and used spar quite frequently. I'd say average of about 5-20 total. Guess it depends on when you log on.

Stupid reply. You assumed that 8k bounty was received through those methods when you don't even know when/how it happened. You were clearly way off.

MiniOne
03-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Helicopter is practically industructable, but they got disabled so that's no longer a problem.

seanthien
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Helicopter is practically industructable, but they got disabled so that's no longer a problem.

They only had like 50 rockets right? After that it was hard as hell to kill people anyway.

Admins
03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
We have added the scripts and commands for squads, and are working on finishing the GUI for it now.

Donark
03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Awsome!

MiniOne
03-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the update Stefan.

@Sean: Helicopters have unlimited rockets, you fire two land the helicopter and get back in and you have another two :)
They take forever to kill with electrons, I've tried.

RevolutionJS
03-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Whers that update?

Deas_Voice
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Whers that update?

in your little zonian head, plus 10 lvls, aka Zone Debug.

RealDDc
03-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Blub
No idea why you mention some person by name there, I didn't.

Before I left zone for a few years the highest bountys where around 2000-2500 (end of 2005) and there were many good and skilled players trying it over and over again to top the tops in the year(s) before that.

Bountys as you can see them in the list today that even go up to 10000, are managable since the game started to went downhill with unbalanced add-ons a dramatically cut in the playercount and alike.

And thats a fact, as usually.