PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Spar Tournament: March 2009

Polo
03-15-2009, 12:26 AM
It's almost time for the monthly spar tournament. Who will be this months champion of the blade?

The tournament is held every month to determine who is the best sparrer on Classic. The winner recieves a statue in the GC Studios, a special guild tag, a championship belt and 10 tickets. In addition to this they recieve the 2 greatest prizes on Graal: the glory of being a champion, and the pride of knowing they beat everyone else to get there. ^^

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 01:52 AM
is this the first time you ever post that? in the past...4 years?

BlackSolider
03-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Ikari won.

Not sure who awoke him from his slumber, but he came, he saw, and he conquered.

Hell he beat thor by 3 hp. Now thats impressive.

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 02:10 AM
i can beat thor too!

Polo
03-15-2009, 02:29 AM
After a smorgasbord of tears, bloodshed and broken bones, the monthly spar tournament is now over. Here's a full run down of all the results.

Qualifying Rounds

Night's Qualifying Rounds

2k vs. *Myself - 2k won by 3hp.
Squirt vs. Shannon - Squirt won by 4hp.
Shannon vs. [email protected] - [email protected] won by 5hp.
Ikari vs. Marvel - Ikari won by 3 hp.

Luda's Qualifying Rounds

Crono vs. Cody - Crono won by 3hp.
Cody vs. Xaphan - Cody won by 1hp.
*Myself vs. Thor - Myself won by 4hp.
Frostbite vs. Midi - Frostbite won by 1 hp.

Mystic's Qualifying Rounds

Ares vs. Shannon - Ares won by 2hp.
Hero vs. Laura - Hero won by 2hp.
Xaphan vs. Jade - Xaphan won by 3hp.
Door vs. Jade - Door won by 3hp.

Death's Qualifying Rounds

Gemini vs. Rufus - Gemini won by 1hp.
Skyzer vs. Rufus - Skyzer won by 1hp.
Rufus vs. Shannon - Rufus won by 4hp.
Thor vs. Sam - Thor won by 2hp.

First Round Elimination

Crono vs. 2k - Crono won by 4hp.
Ares vs. Gemini - Gemini won by 1hp.
Squirt vs. Hero - Squirt won by 4hp.
Cody vs. Skyzer - Skyzer won by 2hp.
[email protected] vs. Rufus - Rufus won by 2hp.
*Myself vs. Xaphan - *Myself won by 1hp.
Ikari vs. Frostbite - Ikari won by 4hp.
Door vs. Thor - Thor won by 2hp.

Quarterfinals

Gemini vs. Crono - Gemini won by 1hp.
Squirt vs. Skyzer - Skyzer won by 1hp.
Rufus vs. *Myself - *Myself won by 4hp.
Ikari vs. Thor - Ikari won by 3hp.

Semifinals

Gemini vs. Skyzer - Skyzer won by 1hp.
*Myself vs. Ikari - Ikari won by 2hp.

Final

Skyzer vs. Ikari - Ikari won by 4hp.

So there we have it. Ikari Darkmane is the new monthly spar champion, recieving a statue of his likeness in the GC Studios, championship belt and 10 GC tickets for his efforts. Skyzer recieves 5 tickets for battling his way to the finals.

The monthly spar tournament is held on the second saturday of every month, making the next one the 11th April 2009. See you then for more bloodshed. ^^

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 03:09 PM
that huge post was not rly needed cause we all knew it!

StrykerTFFD
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
^^

I had just eaten breakfast. Thanks.

Rufus
03-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Storm is it not possible for other members of staff, y'know like Night the GC Administrator, to post threads regarding their patch? Having you acting like the sudden voice of Classic just makes you look pretty desperate, especially under the current conditions.

Aside from that though..
Death's Qualifying Rounds

Gemini vs. Rufus - Gemini won by 1hp.
Skyzer vs. Rufus - Skyzer won by 1hp.
Rufus vs. Shannon - Rufus won by 4hp.
Thor vs. Sam - Thor won by 2hp.

I hate wall huggers !pissed!

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Storm is it not possible for other members of staff, y'know like Night the GC Administrator, to post threads regarding their patch? Having you acting like the sudden voice of Classic just makes you look pretty desperate, especially under the current conditions.

just like that mass he made about the mass being fixed 5 mins after stefan already massed. btw thx stefan

MysticX2X
03-15-2009, 04:28 PM

When was the last time Night even posted on these forums?

And the Manager is supposed to be the one briefing the whole server rofl. He's been doing his job now so I don't know what the big deal is. Yes, I know because of the pressure on him atm.

Just finding a neutral standpoint + don't want yet another thread to turn into a bash Storm.

Rufus
03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
When was the last time Night even posted on these forums?

When was the last time Storm posted prior to this influx of making threads?

And the Manager is supposed to be the one briefing the whole server rofl. He's been doing his job now so I don't know what the big deal is. Yes, I know because of the pressure on him atm.

Just finding a neutral standpoint + don't want yet another thread to turn into a bash Storm.

No, it's contrived and embarrassing how much he is trying to scream out, "Look at me guys, I'm doing work!" when it's not him that's actually doing the work. I am getting bored of seeing threads made just by Storm and the reasoning behind it, there's an entire staff team there.

Ares
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
i enjoyed this, i'd like to see individual results of the monthly spar tournament posted here more often..

weeway
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
It dosent really matter who posts it...
aslong as it's here :)

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 08:57 PM
It dosent really matter who posts it...
aslong as it's here :)

yes its matter

MysticX2X
03-16-2009, 03:53 AM
Well you guys were bashing him for being inactive.(Including myself) Now that he is active, you are bashing him for that.

Trying to find some logic here.

BlackSolider
03-16-2009, 04:10 AM
They believe he's only being active to save himself. After the inquisition is done, he'll revert to the old storm. Thats what I believe they believe.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 04:19 AM
They believe he's only being active to save himself. After the inquisition is done, he'll revert to the old storm. Thats what I believe they believe.

he will

Oni
03-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Mystic is right about bashing Master Storm even when he's actually active.

Its just kinda strange how everyone gets the idea were getting a new manager, and Master Storm is suddenly actively posting, is aware of whats going on in Classic, and is actually attempting to be a manager.

Im glad someones doing the job, but I wonder how long this "act" will go on for. If it goes on for years from now that will be tight, and there will be no need for a new manager.

I dont want to bash master storm for doing his job now, but I totally view him differently now.
For the past years hes been preaching about how he cares for the server and all that, but never did much. Now hes close to being fired and hes atempting to be a manager?

Totally different side to storm I never saw, a shady individual.

pluto
03-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Mystic is right about bashing Master Storm even when he's actually active.

Its just kinda strange how everyone gets the idea were getting a new manager, and Master Storm is suddenly actively posting, is aware of whats going on in Classic, and is actually attempting to be a manager.

Im glad someones doing the job, but I wonder how long this "act" will go on for. If it goes on for years from now that will be tight, and there will be no need for a new manager.

I dont want to bash master storm for doing his job now, but I totally view him differently now.
For the past years hes been preaching about how he cares for the server and all that, but never did much. Now hes close to being fired and hes atempting to be a manager?

Totally different side to storm I never saw, a shady individual.
what happens when he goes back to his old ways

Mark Sir Link
03-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Well you guys were bashing him for being inactive.(Including myself) Now that he is active, you are bashing him for that.

Trying to find some logic here.

that's a short sighted look at the argument presented;

Storm has done this several times over the past 4 years and it's always post a little more, be on a little more, mass a little more, talk a little more, vanish.

He shattered any trust he had with the playerbase by doing this several times, so the players have every right to be cynical until he can regain that trust.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 05:41 AM
what happens when he goes back to his old ways

another 4 years...to ...pass....on

BlackSolider
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Dude if half of us are playing graal four years from now...

well then we're just pathetic.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Dude if half of us are playing graal four years from now...

well then we're just pathetic.

people playing graal are pathetic!

but its dam fun and im adicted

BlackSolider
03-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Classic is fun?

TESTRETIS
03-17-2009, 03:14 AM
There's nothing worse than a hypocrite and/or a backstabber. It's a shame to see that someone fills both of these roles.