PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Thread: Let's get down to some specifics.

Pages : [1] 2

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 07:42 AM
I know theres a bunch of these already. However, I want to ditch the general suggestions and attack the specific, smaller things people want, since I feel those have been neglected a bit, besides the ones that are specifically brought to my attention or Thor's. While these smaller things don't matter much in itself, they are more likely to be released within weeks or even days of each other, and over time, that becomes extremely significant.

Examples of this are bringing back spin attack(maximus's idea, which Thor is making) fixing the pictionary levels(I got a few requests to do that, and I like the end result), and in general, small things that people either miss and enjoyed in the past, would like to see added, or broken things that people would like to see fixed.

Examples of suggestions that are not what I'm looking for:
"BRING BACK DEFAULT HD PLS" - I've explained this already on how far this would set us back.
"BRING BACK OLD QUESTS AND NPCS!" - Which ones?
"RELEASE SOMETHING TO DO!" - Like what?

List as many as you want, just keep my request in mind.
No general requests or statements that have been played over and over like a record. I'm probably going to be attempting a lot of these after cards by myself, so huge projects will obviously take more time. I'll try to reply to every suggestion in this thread and document it somewhere.

weeway
03-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Have like bissness for the players to run :)

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Have like bissness for the players to run :)

This is what I'm talking about, for specifics.
What kind of business? Doing what? What would you earn?

weeway
03-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Like food or like a hotel and pay g

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 08:13 AM
How would the players run the business, per say?

Mark Sir Link
03-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Tyhm's Quest please

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Okay, so Tyhm's quest.
Anyone else?

Luda
03-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Some sidequests, like that guy who wanted you to retrieve his climbing shoes but remastered with old or new prizes

Remonq
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM
bring back that one pool dunk game that used to be in MoD Town

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
A business owned by players, which supplies food or something else to other players in which earns g.
Like that of Eras.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 03:28 PM
A business owned by players, which supplies food or something else to other players in which earns g.
Like that of Eras.

this is not era

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Bring back Lyndzey's pizza place.

Make saints hurtable by NPCs and whatnot just like the good old days.

My suggestion thread had a ton of suggestions regarding the chat NPC. Get someone to work on that.

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Release a command to let GC's play mp3's in GC levels and give the option of players disabling it or not.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Release a command to let GC's play mp3's in GC levels and give the option of players disabling it or not.

make a radio

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
don't make a radio, Storm will force us to listen to his ambient trance music he makes!

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Ok. I had a thread similar to this on the GC forums, and I'll just copy n paste some of the better ideas (and give credit where credit is due).

Glad:
Graalemon: The people need something to do. What's better than players exploring the mostly unused overworld for graalemon npcs that you can battle and capture. How do you capture them? With graaleballs (g-balls?) you can buy from stores. Ok so that covers occupying players and the economy...oh and of course players can battle each other with the graalemon they captured. Hell maybe you can buy rare or special graalemon with gc tickets. I think that about covers everything. Now obviously this would be extremely hard to implement and isn't super serious; but lets be honest here: if theres anyone among us who never played or watched pokemon about...well the start of the century, then you missed one of the biggest fads ever.

Kill:
For example, UN is popular not just because they have 13 quests and hundreds and hundreds of NPCs, but because it's based on the community. Without the community, there is no large playerbase, without a large playerbase comes the risk of being in a spiral of deteriorating activity on the server; thus my point being in this is that we should focus on community building developments rather than just specific player based things - e.g. the Radio system from Unholy Nation is very popular and creates a unity between their players.

Trip:
Classic- The people and my stats/time put into the server.
UN- NOT THE QUESTS! I go for consistant events and sparring.
NP- Sparring, events, competition, fresh faces.
Era- Its different. No server is like it and theres so many things i dont know about it. Im intregued by not knowing everything about this server, so many suprises and unknown factors.

Tatsumi (about UN):
Its a ****in huge servers with a bunch of different towns and stuff, its a fun RPG server, reminds people of an actual rpg videop game or adevnture game like zelda. Plus UN has CONSTANT events and tons of prizes, tons of land that they auction to players, a good hat system, sparring and pking are fun and cool there, stats still mean something.

Clel:
NPCWs, TONS OF TONS OF NPCWs to pk eachother with and use in Hardcore Spars and CTF and everything!!!! By the time we get bored of the NPCWs there'll be 5,000,000,000,000 MORE TO FIDDLE AROUND WITH AND FIND UNBEATABLE TAG TEAM STRATEGIES ECT. ECT. ECT.

Then beef up the crappy NPCWs so they can compete with the really good NPCWs to balance everything out, and then... Make some UBER quests that are so hard you gotta run through them with buddies, else all the baddies and junk will WHOOP your tail.

And do a marriage system where you and your spouse can get a house together and have Graal Babies so girls will wanna play on Classic... where the girls go, men with {LOOKING 4 GF} will follow!!! Well I guess men in general will follow... like how Laura is keeping all of the low life men who play this server around =)

And everyone needs to talk crap on one another cause then rivalries can be born and people will have a desperate desire to win events cause they don't wanna lose to their rivals!!!

Rufus:
I slightly agree with what DC said. Classic does need constant releases in order to compete with other servers and actually pull in the players. What Classic does not need however, is another set of horribly executed, horribly planned and horribly given short term releases. We do actually need continuity and quality, because without these things the releases last for 5 minutes. Look at bowling, fishing and the minigames for example, they could have been done so much better don't you think? I know for a fact they could have, but they were released with seemingly minimal effort and flopped. Why would we need more content like this? We need something that we can reuse that will still feel entertaining as the first few minutes.

I personally don't believe something like a radio station would be good for Classic either. Unholy Nation's radio station is pretty unprofessional and amature, which kind of reflects the whole server but to new people it isn't what they're after. New players don't come onto a game to listen to some players talking about in-jokes that are only really targeted towards the players of that server. I found the radio station on UN entertaining when it first came out, it was quirky, refreshing and something totally new on Graal -- this never took away how bad it was though.

Guild content is something Oni and I wanted so badly for ages. We used to talk all of the time about what could be done, but right now it just isn't viable. I don't think that planned wars or timed wars work all that well, they feel quite contrived and more like an event. I know that PKing for hours isn't exactly my idea of fun, especially when the opposing guild decides that they actually "won" the war within the first hour.. seven hours ago. I guess a start would be creating a "/rank guild" or somethning similar. With a "guild rank" players could log straight on from other servers with their guild and build their way up. I guess the points for this system could work off how many kills you do on tag, minus points for deaths, stuff like that. Later on it could interact with other systems and give points for things like fort wins, base invading, etc. There should be a huge focus on guild content because it is a big part of Classic, so I agree with you there.

Mystic:
My Ideas:

Smaller world.

Reset Economy with new actual systems. See UN.

More items

More events.

More guild attractions like what Rufus said.

I'll assume my suggestions are all self-explanatory.

Rufus:
In old Classic there used to be quite a lot of uses for gelats and there was never an economy behind it. Items such as the trident was sold for gelats at pretty high prices, and we didn't all have access to massive fundings like we do now so they were pretty hard to get. We also had upgrades to buy such as skins for the rat form and bird shot, food that healed such as burger refuge burgers, ice creams, we have boots now that are pretty high priced and the possibilities are quite high. There was a use for cutting down bushes and gaining gelats, but this wasn't a part of an economy, it was a part of the game lore. With more players you end up gaining less event wins and therefore less tickets. There does need to be a revision in the GC prizes, and the selection could do with a few more useful items, but again this doesn't require an economy like the one most people think of.

In summary:
Below are the suggestions people made. Although some are explained, others aren't. If you want me to expand on one (or more) of them, name the ones you think could work and I'll be glad (pun intended) to do so:

-Graalemon
-Radio Station
-More like UN
-NPCWs
-Marriage
-Constant Releases
-Guild Content
-Smaller World

Also I like the business idea suggested earlier in this thread. On graal2000, two restaurants opened up and people spent a lot of time there. The owners hired people to do things (bouncer, janitor, waiter, etc.) and paid them. People were able to buy food, which acted like npcs that were in your inventory (essentially our beer) and would heal you. The restaurants would also have spars, VIP lounges, and one of them had some stripper poles. All the money people paid (for whatever) went into a chest that the owner used to pay employees. Now Era also has businesses, and I have limited experience there. It's fairly similar, but the employees actually make the products (unlike Graal2000 where the items just spawned) so they are important. Those are just my experiences with businesses; I'm sure others have additional ideas.

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I actually have been suggesting a radio station with DJ's to Master Storm for a while after I noticed the popularity of UN radio. Master Storm said something like everyone can use that /play clienside bull****. That is stupid and wouldn't work. (Storm's rebuttal to my idea). I'm pretty sure Classic could find somebody to host a radio station on their own server.

In all, he told me it wouldn't work out, so I suggest the next best thing of jazzing up events with entertainment. Go blame Storm.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Rufus:
I slightly agree with what DC said. Classic does need constant releases in order to compete with other servers and actually pull in the players. What Classic does not need however, is another set of horribly executed, horribly planned and horribly given short term releases. We do actually need continuity and quality, because without these things the releases last for 5 minutes. Look at bowling, fishing and the minigames for example, they could have been done so much better don't you think? I know for a fact they could have, but they were released with seemingly minimal effort and flopped. Why would we need more content like this? We need something that we can reuse that will still feel entertaining as the first few minutes.

I personally don't believe something like a radio station would be good for Classic either. Unholy Nation's radio station is pretty unprofessional and amature, which kind of reflects the whole server but to new people it isn't what they're after. New players don't come onto a game to listen to some players talking about in-jokes that are only really targeted towards the players of that server. I found the radio station on UN entertaining when it first came out, it was quirky, refreshing and something totally new on Graal -- this never took away how bad it was though.

Guild content is something Oni and I wanted so badly for ages. We used to talk all of the time about what could be done, but right now it just isn't viable. I don't think that planned wars or timed wars work all that well, they feel quite contrived and more like an event. I know that PKing for hours isn't exactly my idea of fun, especially when the opposing guild decides that they actually "won" the war within the first hour.. seven hours ago. I guess a start would be creating a "/rank guild" or somethning similar. With a "guild rank" players could log straight on from other servers with their guild and build their way up. I guess the points for this system could work off how many kills you do on tag, minus points for deaths, stuff like that. Later on it could interact with other systems and give points for things like fort wins, base invading, etc. There should be a huge focus on guild content because it is a big part of Classic, so I agree with you there.

Man, I was so right.

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, not sure about a radio, but my suggestion for GC playing mp3's should be considered.

This is a suggestion I gave to Storm but player feedback should be good:

Ok, so if a player is shot by an arrow, you can see the arrow pierce their body (In a non gore like way), and then they fall down and die. Quick animation that should be equivalent to the time of the original death gani.

If a sword kills a player, you can see the player body swing back, their eyes close, and they fall backwards.

Bomb Explosion would send the player flying back a couple tiles.

All other instances of death could be used with the original death gani I guess.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Some sidequests, like that guy who wanted you to retrieve his climbing shoes but remastered with old or new prizes

Sidequest for dancing shoes, I think that was?

bring back that one pool dunk game that used to be in MoD Town

Yeah, good idea.

Like that of Eras.

This isn't specific, like I had asked.

Make saints hurtable by NPCs and whatnot just like the good old days.

My suggestion thread had a ton of suggestions regarding the chat NPC. Get someone to work on that.

RE: Lyndzey's Pizza Place, I think Thor showed interest in making that if she requested it, not sure if he was serious.

RE: Ran the saint thing by Thor, he said no, reason being, if saints spend their playing time not attacking players, they shouldn't be attack. So I'm overruled. Obviously if that charged, the boomerang/sword thrower dropping AP would also be changed.

I have been suggesting a lot of things to WD about the chat system, I got him to add word wrapping so there is no scroll bar for the horizontal, but hes reluctant to make it resizable. I would also like to see the ability to filter out certain channels from it(like level chat).

I'm not even sure how that would work without it being stealing music, someone would have to fill me in on how they got the UN thing going.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I guess a start would be creating a "/rank guild" or something similar. With a "guild rank" players could log straight on from other servers with their guild and build their way up. I guess the points for this system could work off how many kills you do on tag, minus points for deaths, stuff like that. Later on it could interact with other systems and give points for things like fort wins, base invading, etc.

yespls

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Ok. I had a thread similar to this on the GC forums, and I'll just copy n paste some of the better ideas (and give credit where credit is due).
Glad:
Graalemon: The people need something to do. What's better than players exploring the mostly unused overworld for graalemon npcs that you can battle and capture. How do you capture them? With graaleballs (g-balls?) you can buy from stores. Ok so that covers occupying players and the economy...oh and of course players can battle each other with the graalemon they captured. Hell maybe you can buy rare or special graalemon with gc tickets. I think that about covers everything. Now obviously this would be extremely hard to implement and isn't super serious; but lets be honest here: if theres anyone among us who never played or watched pokemon about...well the start of the century, then you missed one of the biggest fads ever.

I've been trying to get the fighting fish game project to be a more pokemon(THE GAMEBOY ONE THAT WAS ACTUALLY FUN), direction.
Only downside is that it would be a big project for me, like on the scale of cards, but its on the list.

Kill:
For example, UN is popular not just because they have 13 quests and hundreds and hundreds of NPCs, but because it's based on the community. Without the community, there is no large playerbase, without a large playerbase comes the risk of being in a spiral of deteriorating activity on the server; thus my point being in this is that we should focus on community building developments rather than just specific player based things - e.g. the Radio system from Unholy Nation is very popular and creates a unity between their players.

See above, if someone insights me on how that even works(radio), I'll give it a go.

Trip:

Classic- The people and my stats/time put into the server.
UN- NOT THE QUESTS! I go for consistant events and sparring.
NP- Sparring, events, competition, fresh faces.
Era- Its different. No server is like it and theres so many things i dont know about it. Im intregued by not knowing everything about this server, so many suprises and unknown factors.

I'm pretty sure nothing successful on Era or Zod will work here past general concepts. As for sparring, whats preventing you from doing so now besides the playercount?

Tatsumi (about UN):
Its a ****in huge servers with a bunch of different towns and stuff, its a fun RPG server, reminds people of an actual rpg videop game or adevnture game like zelda. Plus UN has CONSTANT events and tons of prizes, tons of land that they auction to players, a good hat system, sparring and pking are fun and cool there, stats still mean something.

Besides quests and a lot of annoying NPCs, the real big thing UN has over us is a community.

Clel:
NPCWs, TONS OF TONS OF NPCWs to pk eachother with and use in Hardcore Spars and CTF and everything!!!! By the time we get bored of the NPCWs there'll be 5,000,000,000,000 MORE TO FIDDLE AROUND WITH AND FIND UNBEATABLE TAG TEAM STRATEGIES ECT. ECT. ECT.

Then beef up the crappy NPCWs so they can compete with the really good NPCWs to balance everything out, and then... Make some UBER quests that are so hard you gotta run through them with buddies, else all the baddies and junk will WHOOP your tail.

And do a marriage system where you and your spouse can get a house together and have Graal Babies so girls will wanna play on Classic... where the girls go, men with {LOOKING 4 GF} will follow!!! Well I guess men in general will follow... like how Laura is keeping all of the low life men who play this server around =)

And everyone needs to talk crap on one another cause then rivalries can be born and people will have a desperate desire to win events cause they don't wanna lose to their rivals!!!

I really don't know what to make of this one besides more quests and injuring NPCWs, improve current NPCWs, a marriage system(which will probably get denied by dev), and people talking crap about each other.
Fill me in?

Rufus:

Do people actually listen to the DJ's there, I don't really know?

I would like guild content as well, however, there doesn't seem to be many active guilds besides US that play regularly, if a guild system was introduced now, I think US would have the instant advantage in it.

Mystic:
My Ideas:

Smaller world.

Reset Economy with new actual systems. See UN.

More items

More events.

More guild attractions like what Rufus said.

I'll assume my suggestions are all self-explanatory.

No specifics, but why make the world smaller? What negative effects does the 'large' OW create?
I need specifics not generalities, anyone can make those.

Rufus:
In old Classic there used to be quite a lot of uses for gelats and there was never an economy behind it. Items such as the trident was sold for gelats at pretty high prices, and we didn't all have access to massive fundings like we do now so they were pretty hard to get. We also had upgrades to buy such as skins for the rat form and bird shot, food that healed such as burger refuge burgers, ice creams, we have boots now that are pretty high priced and the possibilities are quite high. There was a use for cutting down bushes and gaining gelats, but this wasn't a part of an economy, it was a part of the game lore. With more players you end up gaining less event wins and therefore less tickets. There does need to be a revision in the GC prizes, and the selection could do with a few more useful items, but again this doesn't require an economy like the one most people think of.

Rat form skins, old food from BR, trident(if I can convice dev) are added to the list.
Isn't the economy for gralats still boned from the black gralats or was it reset?

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
@DC: I don't believe it is stealing music if you're streaming it from another location. The UN people set up their radio station so you could play music right off your computer (A different application other than graal. All they scripted on Graal was a way to submit requests and connect to the radio server).

Rufus
03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
@DC: I don't believe it is stealing music if you're streaming it from another location. The UN people set up their radio station so you could play music right off your computer (A different application other than graal. All they scripted on Graal was a way to submit requests and connect to the radio server).

To steam music to people in Germany you need to pay for a license http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree with Rufus, bowling and minigames should be rescripted to allow for a more multiplayer aspect.

Minigames should work on the same principle as system linking on the old gameboys, where if you're near a player you can 'plug in' and play a multiplayer version of a few games (like the Bones game from old Graal2001).

Bowling should be more competitive, and work like.. real bowling? It should be possible to create bowling teams, and bowling leagues. Players should be able to compete against others (whether it be 1vs1 or 4vs4), where winning or losing effects the player's overall bowling skill, and bowling record.

As for a Radio Station, that requires resources outside of Graal client. You must have software setup on a PC that'll allow for audio streaming. Then there is all sorts of legality issues regarding what music you're streaming. THEN in order to have a successful radio station, you'll have to 'hire' someone who is mature, someone who'll play music that is age appropriate, and caters to everyone's taste. If you fail to meet any of the above requirements you'll have a radio like UN's, which would be terrible.

On the subject of Graalemon, I'd much prefer to see this in the form of fighting fish, where each part of the overworld would have a different variety of fish, with different strengths and weaknesses. What I don't want to see is Classic turn into a Pokemon Safari filled with Graalemon where I would seek to "catch 'em all". Battling would be interesting though; issuing your fish different commands like "Attack", "Return","Heal", etc.

Saints need to be hittable by something. If I felt like being a prick, I could gain Saint status and run into a group of players PKing and block them/make things annoying by running around in the group. Saints are an annoyance in other ways as well (have you ever ran into level14 and wanted to sit on a bench but found all the benches were taken by Saints idling unpaused? I have).

Also bring back respawning at doors instead of the place you died.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 06:03 PM
I agree with Rufus, bowling and minigames should be rescripted to allow for a more multiplayer aspect.

Minigames should work on the same principle as system linking on the old gameboys, where if you're near a player you can 'plug in' and play a multiplayer version of a few games (like the Bones game from old Graal2001).

Bowling should be more competitive, and work like.. real bowling? It should be possible to create bowling teams, and bowling leagues. Players should be able to compete against others (whether it be 1vs1 or 4vs4), where winning or losing effects the player's overall bowling skill, and bowling record.

As for a Radio Station, that requires resources outside of Graal client. You must have software setup on a PC that'll allow for audio streaming. Then there is all sorts of legality issues regarding what music you're streaming. THEN in order to have a successful radio station, you'll have to 'hire' someone who is mature, someone who'll play music that is age appropriate, and caters to everyone's taste. If you fail to meet any of the above requirements you'll have a radio like UN's, which would be terrible.

On the subject of Graalemon, I'd much prefer to see this in the form of fighting fish, where each part of the overworld would have a different variety of fish, with different strengths and weaknesses. What I don't want to see is Classic turn into a Pokemon Safari filled with Graalemon where I would seek to "catch 'em all". Battling would be interesting though; issuing your fish different commands like "Attack", "Return","Heal", etc.

Saints need to be hittable by something. If I felt like being a prick, I could gain Saint status and run into a group of players PKing and block them/make things annoying by running around in the group. Saints are an annoyance in other ways as well (have you ever ran into level14 and wanted to sit on a bench but found all the benches were taken by Saints idling unpaused? I have).

Also bring back respawning at doors instead of the place you died.

Half of this I commented already.
I think I made a script to do the respawn thing at doors back like 2 years, but got removed for one reason or another. Added that to the list anyway.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
This is the list I complied so far that all devs have access to.
Keep in mind, I don't have the authority to authorize all of these.

-Allow saints to be damaged via NPCWs, remove boomerang/sword thrower AP drop.
-Respawn at doors/login spot like old GTA instead of where you died.
-Some sort of radio system for GC, would be UNish and complicated as far as legality.
-Rat form skins
-Old food from BR
-Trident(the purchasable one)
-Capped Gralat reset, reset all people that have ridiculous amounts down to what we want as a target.
-Fighting fish/pokemon hybrid
-Tyhms Quest
-Dunk Tank by MoD town.
-Pizza Team Pizza Place.
-"The quest where the guy needed his climbing shoes"
-Minigames revamp for multiplayer.
-More competition for bowling(leagues?).

Edit: Rufus said I removed the door respawn since it was unpopular. *shrug*

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I actually have been suggesting a radio station with DJ's to Master Storm for a while after I noticed the popularity of UN radio. Master Storm said something like everyone can use that /play clienside bull****. That is stupid and wouldn't work. (Storm's rebuttal to my idea). I'm pretty sure Classic could find somebody to host a radio station on their own server.

In all, he told me it wouldn't work out, so I suggest the next best thing of jazzing up events with entertainment. Go blame Storm.

wow **** you i suggested that idea to DC and you just stole it.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 06:24 PM
wow **** you i suggested that idea to DC and you just stole it.

a lot of people have suggested it, idc who they come from, just that thery come.

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 06:52 PM
This might not be as popular, but I'd like to see the warp ring get a complete revamp. It shouldn't warp you to a dozen locations. I'd like it much better if it worked more like the warp ring pre NPC Server (would warp you to the last 'S' you touched?). Down the road release upgrade NPCs like 'Call Spaceship' that would give more functionality and more locations to travel to.

I like this idea because a player travelling to locations by foot would up the chance that another player would encounter them. More player interaction. I liked when I warped to Sister Gertrude's orphanage and seen players coming and going, it was like the central hub of the server. New players and old players commingling inside.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
This might not be as popular, but I'd like to see the warp ring get a complete revamp. It shouldn't warp you to a dozen locations. I'd like it much better if it worked more like the warp ring pre NPC Server (would warp you to the last 'S' you touched?). Down the road release upgrade NPCs like 'Call Spaceship' that would give more functionality and more locations to travel to.

I like this idea because a player travelling to locations by foot would up the chance that another player would encounter them. More player interaction. I liked when I warped to Sister Gertrude's orphanage and seen players coming and going, it was like the central hub of the server. New players and old players commingling inside.

I doubt you'd see anywhere near the player interaction that would generate as it did before, as obviously, there are less players.
I would support a warp ring revamp tied into the release of Tyhm's quest(which would be the release of Call Spaceship, hopefully done in better form than before).

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I doubt you'd see anywhere near the player interaction that would generate as it did before, as obviously, there are less players.
I would support a warp ring revamp tied into the release of Tyhm's quest(which would be the release of Call Spaceship, hopefully done in better form than before).Probably not near as much, but how it is now, not one player warps to the Brother's house. They opt to warp to locations closer to Graal City. One location is better, it would be nice if a newbie seen atleast one person in their first 10 - 20 minutes online.

maximus_asinus
03-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Also, blocking arrows with your shield like you used to be able to! To my knowledge you can't do this anymore, which makes having a shield kind of useless if you can't use it.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Also, blocking arrows with your shield like you used to be able to! To my knowledge you can't do this anymore, which makes having a shield kind of useless if you can't use it.

Definitely adding to the list.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Probably not near as much, but how it is now, not one player warps to the Brother's house. They opt to warp to locations closer to Graal City. One location is better, it would be nice if a newbie seen atleast one person in their first 10 - 20 minutes online.

I'd rather do it when there is an option for the established players to warp elsewhere, such like call spaceship, when they have reached endgame status. Then yeah.

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Mirror shield 4 event prize. I'd totally buy that.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Mirror shield 4 event prize. I'd totally buy that.

Not an event prize, but would be easy to introduce if blocking was.

Luda
03-14-2009, 08:32 PM
-Nighty's gani that shows the shield on your back ^^
-Removing the delayed Paused button, Storm did this awhile back to reduce laming which is kind of lame itself.
-Warp Ring idea Max said
-I saw WD say this the other day, some paths in the future leading to quests blocked off with stakes that you have to hammer down.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Bow strafing.

Luda
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Would be cool to see Swamp Town look more like a swamp like the one from LTTP with shallow water that is dark green, not just tall swamp grass.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Would be cool to see Swamp Town look more like a swamp like the one from LTTP with shallow water that is dark green, not just tall swamp grass.

Pic?

Luda
03-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Pic?

Woops, I meant a mixture of Misery Mire and Swamp Palace.

EDIT:BEING ABLE TO MORPH NPCS AGAIN

Luda
03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
sry for double post but
cooperative quests

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Kull's Castle converted into something; like a guild fort.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Kull's Castle converted into something; like a guild fort.

I don't know if the dev team intends to eventually make that a quest again.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I'd like it much better if it worked more like the warp ring pre NPC Server (would warp you to the last 'S' you touched?). Down the road release upgrade NPCs like 'Call Spaceship' that would give more functionality and more locations to travel to.

The warp ring already has this function. When you die you die in a "quest level" you are warped to the last save point or 'S' you've been to last.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't know if the dev team intends to eventually make that a quest again.

I was on the Dev team. Thor says he has no plans for it.

--Sorry for double post.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
The warp ring already has this function. When you die you die in a "quest level" you are warped to the last save point or 'S' you've been to last.

That's not what he's talking about.
He means the warp ring only HAD that one save point to go to, no options to go to the bank or whatever.
Then people would use Call Spaceship, which was a reward in a much later quest to get access to more places via the space ship.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I knew what he was talking about. It has that function and more, is what I meant.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Black and White Graals, I actually wrote this a long long time ago.

One of the smaller fun aspects of Classic was the Black and White Graal's that attached themselves onto the players and gave them minor benefits such as unlimited ammo. Much like the event Flag Bearer, if the player who had the Graal died, it would release from the holder and drop for someone else to pick it up, thus the cycle continues. I would like to bring this small feature back, and some improvements to it as follows:

The mysterious Graal's will appear in a large random selection of levels, in different X and Y positions in order to make them harder to find. These levels will include both inside and overworld areas, and like the Boomerang will just be sitting there waiting to be picked up. The Graals will not appear unless the playercount is above 5, which will prevent players from taking advantage (laming) the benefits they give.

When a player has found and picked up a Graal, they will make the Glass Graal gani action, and the Graal will appear in the players inventory as *Black Graal/*White Graal. Reason for this being so the player can't remove the Graal, to be consistant with the *Glass Graal, and to just give them an overall positive feeling like they've gained a new weapon. The Graal will hover behind and stalk the player like it did previously.

The player will reap some sort of incremental benifit from the Graal they have, depending on which color it is. The Black Graal will supply it's "holder" with unlimited ammo, but while the player has it, their AP will decrease faster; The White Graal will supply it's "holder" with unlimited magic, and while the player has it their hearts will have a slow increase, raising 0.5 in a similar speed to what beds heal players at. The healing will only heal the player however, to how many hearts their AP restricts them to, and the healing will not occur if the player is paused. Like the previous, when the player has eventually died (and only when the player has died) the Graal will remain stagnant next to the player until it is picked up by it's new owner, and will delete itself from the players inventory.

Both the Black and the White Graal will have a small aesthetic change from the old Graal images, but will be consistant with the others.

While the benefits of the players having the Graal's aren't too grand, the actual main benefit is bragging rights. Showing off the fact they've got a Graal following them will occur. It's kind of like when a member of staff has a special NPC; a certain player has it, but this time you know you can get it, and can take it off the player. It's really a trivial little activity, but it will constantly keep players active as it is an on going event.

Problem Solving
- Players with 100ap will not be able to pickup the Graal, simply because they cannot die.
- If a player enters any GC level, logs off or reconnects the Graal will destroy itself and respawn in one of the random levels.

Something like that would be cool IMO.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Black and White Graals.

Pretty easy task.
On list, might not be exactly as the essay suggests though.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
What would the Black and White Graals stand for?

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
y not brown or yellow graals.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Pretty easy task.
On list, might not be exactly as the essay suggests though.

As long as they contrast each other while providing some fitting benefit to the players I'm happy either way. It is also nice to reward exploration, so they definitely need to be in random places.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Do you mean graalats or graals? Graal = Grail.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
As long as they contrast each other while providing some fitting benefit to the players I'm happy either way. It is also nice to reward exploration, so they definitely need to be in random places.

Fitting benefits with good/evil themes will be there yes.
Also have to address pausing and no pk levels.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I like Rufus's idea. These Graals would add I nice twist on PKing and exploration.

BlackSolider
03-15-2009, 01:58 AM
What happened to the 4 grails/graals (red, blue, yellow, green I think) that you had to quest for? They would open the golden gate (bros house) and you would get the golden sword there.

At least, that is what it was designed for, on graal2000 at least. The problem was...they never released the golden sword, so you did those quests for nothing >:O

On the subject though, you could easily have 6-7 different graals that could be dropped/picked up 24/7, each with pros and cons. Would be pretty sweet.

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 02:14 AM
I like Rufus's idea. These Graals would add I nice twist on PKing and exploration.

exploring is a good idea tbh

ff7chocoboknight2
03-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Have you looked in the pool in the room before the Gnome throne room? The Graals are still in the new story.

Remonq
03-15-2009, 07:04 AM
man skyzer just owned you

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 03:06 PM
man skyzer just owned you

how? i already knew that graal had a purpose

DarkCloud_PK
03-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Any more suggestions? Please don't derail this one guys.

maximus_asinus
03-16-2009, 01:11 AM
this one is sort of personal preference, but could we inforce the bomb/arrow cap? Currently we cannot get more than 99 arrows/bombs by ourselves, but with another player's help you can go over the cap by having them transfer their arrows/bombs.

also, fix the heart display for when you get hit (the number of hearts remaining appearing over your head) so it looks like it should (what you see Offline when you take damage).

I'm tired, if you don't understand what I mean, then wait for my repost tomorrow.

Oni
03-16-2009, 01:26 AM
get creative and make new stuff ffs

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 01:49 AM
this one is sort of personal preference, but could we inforce the bomb/arrow cap? Currently we cannot get more than 99 arrows/bombs by ourselves, but with another player's help you can go over the cap by having them transfer their arrows/bombs.

Easy fix, and just did it myself.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 01:54 AM
get creative and make new stuff ffs

What kind of new stuff do you want to see?

Oni
03-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Why would you fix that? You guys need to make like quivers(quivers i think?) and bomb bags so we can eventually hold up to 999 with the max one. There needs to be more then one bomb and arrow type.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Why would you fix that?
There's a cap for a reason.

You guys need to make like quivers(quivers i think?) and bomb bags so we can eventually hold up to 999 with the max one.

I don't know about 999 but I'll add it to the list.

There needs to be more then one bomb and arrow type.

For what?

Rufus
03-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Why would you fix that? You guys need to make like quivers(quivers i think?) and bomb bags so we can eventually hold up to 999 with the max one. There needs to be more then one bomb and arrow type.

We used to have these things :p

Luda
03-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Could have something like Magic Fairy Fountains from Zelda that you have to find throughout the overworld (WITH NO HINTS even though someone will make a guide for it) which gives you bomb upgrades,quiver upgrades, could also shorten the magic meter and get magic upgrades oh and make a wallet that you can upgrade too.

Oni
03-16-2009, 02:30 AM
For what?

Who doesnt want multi-shot or super bomb

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Who doesnt want multi-shot or super bomb

Those used the same ammo as bows and bombs.

Oni
03-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Those used the same ammo as bows and bombs.

???

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 02:47 AM
???

Superbomb used bombs as ammo.
Superbow(multishot) used arrows for ammo.
No need for different ammo types.

Rufus
03-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Superbomb used bombs as ammo.
Superbow(multishot) used arrows for ammo.
No need for different ammo types.

You know what he means.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 03:21 AM
You know what he means.

To release the NPCWs?
Need quests.

Rufus
03-16-2009, 03:26 AM
To release the NPCWs?
Need quests.

Auto Bow was purchased in Chaotica?

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 04:02 AM
I don't know if the dev team plans to introduce the charging system that GTA's bow had though.

Oni
03-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Forget GTA

the staff need to stop releasing halfassed old ****
get creative

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 05:29 AM
The GTA *Bow system was pretty decent for the different projectile types.
You want new creative stuff instead of old halfassed stuff yet are asking for old halfassed NPCWs like superbow/autobow??

Rufus
03-16-2009, 05:41 AM
The GTA *Bow system was pretty decent for the different projectile types.
You want new creative stuff instead of old halfassed stuff yet are asking for old halfassed NPCWs like superbow/autobow??

No. He's presenting ideas that he would like to see which coincidently existed in the older Classic; he wasn't around to actually see the Auto Bow. I can imagine from his impression of previous content being brought back that he wouldn't like it in it's old state so I doubt that's what he is suggesting, just something with the same concept behind it. An improved Auto Bow if you like, but from his posts I gather he's just generally rooting for some NPC upgrades as we've had the same deal for a while now.

Luda
03-16-2009, 05:43 AM
Could have multi shot shoot top and bottom arrows diagonally and the middle on straight.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 05:48 AM
No. He's presenting ideas that he would like to see which coincidently existed in the older Classic; he wasn't around to actually see the Auto Bow. I can imagine from his impression of previous content being brought back that he wouldn't like it in it's old state so I doubt that's what he is suggesting, just something with the same concept behind it. An improved Auto Bow if you like, but from his posts I gather he's just generally rooting for some NPC upgrades as we've had the same deal for a while now.

Well, thats more of a general request that falls under "more quests/npcws/etc pls"

im trying to get specific requests, i think everyone knows what the general is.

Oni
Wow DC seriously, stop being a smart ***, I obviously did not know about the old bow, and that wasn't the point anyways. It's a sudgestion that I know alot of people would like.

Anyways the bottom line is, I want my Classic staff team to be creative. Come up with ideas never even thought of. Release new content that isn't just good, but looks good. Classic is obviously not doing well and doesn't have much to lose, why not try new things, and move away from the old stuff, and work on creating a new classic. Not just a bootleg redo of GTA.

I don't want to make fun of you DC but redoing **** isnt going to cut it, for example the Card game. It's an old game that doesn't appeal to very many people, the graphics/art is old stuff that most newer people (me) have no idea what they are, and its just flat out old. Yes you redid it and spent alot of time on it, but really you guys shouldnt be wasting your time on revisions that arent going to work out anyways.
Your not going to go ALLL out with the cards (like powerups, effects, more detailed game altogether) so why bother with that stuff.

But new ideas like guild systems, and other obvious things, are stuff that will impact the server imediately and WONT fail.

It's obvious what will fail and what wont, are me and a few others the only people with this common sense?

Rat skins, Trident, food from BR? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Isn't it obvious that those type of items are not necessary and will only be enjoyed for a few moments?
Isn't it obvious? wtf

Rufus
Instead of charging the bow up, I would like to see a strafing brought in which charges up a greater speed of projectile if it is held for long enough. Obviously this has been done in the past and removed, but I still would like to see it as it was never actually released.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Instead of charging the bow up, I would like to see a strafing brought in which charges up a greater speed of projectile if it is held for long enough. Obviously this has been done in the past and removed, but I still would like to see it as it was never actually released.

ya id like the bow to shoot faster if you hold it. nice one

Luda
03-16-2009, 05:50 AM
hey! FOR THE 90TH TIME, LET'S USE ZELDA GAMES FOR REFRENCES

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Wow DC seriously, stop being a smart ***, I obviously did not know about the old bow, and that wasn't the point anyways. It's a sudgestion that I know alot of people would like.

Anyways the bottom line is, I want my Classic staff team to be creative. Come up with ideas never even thought of. Release new content that isn't just good, but looks good. Classic is obviously not doing well and doesn't have much to lose, why not try new things, and move away from the old stuff, and work on creating a new classic. Not just a bootleg redo of GTA.

I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm trying to figure out the specific thing you are requesting here.

I know there needs to be originality. But thats just a vague request. This thread is for the specifics.

WhiteDragon
03-16-2009, 05:52 AM
hey! For the 90th time, let's use zelda games for refrences

+1

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Adding different bow and projectile NPCs to the list.

Rufus
03-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Adding different bow and projectile NPCs to the list.

Bow strafing and projectile charging too plx.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Bow strafing and projectile charging too plx.

I still want to see if someone has a backup of Ibo's pretty much done version.

Luda
03-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I still want to see if someone has a backup of Ibo's pretty much done version.

Nighty does

Also, have a gani for when you retrieve an item out of a treasure it shows the item and you lift it up and a brief description pops up

Rufus
03-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Also, have a gani for when you retrieve an item out of a treasure it shows the item and you lift it up and a brief description pops up

Night has a gani for that too. I also want this added to the fishing rod, so it shows a visual representation of what you caught, and a sign message coming up with the cheesy messages it gives when you catch something. Text representation is lame.

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Nighty does

Hm, that's actually a really good idea.
Adding it to the list.

Edit: and rufus's idea

pig132
03-16-2009, 08:40 AM
oh man you guys are at it again....?

will these threads in this sub-forum ever stop?

Nightmareangel
03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Nighty does

I have the gani but I do not have the scripts. I also made a gani for the latter idea like a year or 2 back har har. Still have it.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 03:58 PM

i dont think anyone here asked you to come post negative message here. Will you ever STOP?

DarkCloud_PK
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM

Get the hell out of my thread you worthless piece of trash.

Shadow87
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I dont know if these have been said before, im just going to say them because i havnt said anything yet!

-Could bring back Geovanies for certain events/fun memories
-Make graal city restauraunt a PK level for hopes of the outside and inside becoming a big community PK zone once again.
-Pretty much anything tyhm did you should try and recreate or bring back since its still better than the majority of stuff that has come out since he has left.
-An event level specifically for different types of LMS, you design the level to have random npc drops and wall launchers to launch arrows/nukes/fireblast ect. Also a bomb dropper, that could be fun for players.
-Could create or publicize the staff HQs that there are to players just to bring back some staff/player unity. Ex: For the GP hq have a level for graal historys most wanted/crime causing players *cough* DC...
-Could revamp the nimda game tower level, make getting those top scores a bit more interesting. Maybe even make a new arcade game level house, get rid of the game system, put those game in arcade systems with a statue house behind it, maybe even have a short, minor list of prizes
-Create a quest that involves locating certain items/people to be able to proceed, like a large mini quest for instance. Go find the man hearding the sheep ----> Find the running mail man! (Stolen from zelda)
-Aquarium level for fighting fish public battles or even a place for people to put an old fighting fish so that they could go catch another one!
-Fasion show level, if thats still not around you could actually readd that to its original location since thats where GC studios is now.
-Create a mountain quest involving adventuring through the main island mountains and eventually having to defeat a nice big mountain troll. Hey could like have the silly hobbits head on his belt buckle, give us a reason to have to kill him or something.
-Harhar, make the graals part of graal again.

I think thats it...thanks.

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
@tatsumi

i agree when you say to makegraalcity restaurant pk level .

ff7chocoboknight2
03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Firstly, Auto-Bow sucked. Just wanted to throw that out there.

All of the bow upgrades are made (Fireball, Nuke Shot) same with bombs. I sure as heck don't want my Q-Menu to over flow with NPCws for PKing.

I think it should be easier to get to Nimda. The Game Tower and some other stuff there are still useful.

Revamp Warp Text.

pig132
03-16-2009, 09:16 PM
man u guys get so mad haha

xnervNATx
03-17-2009, 01:04 AM
man u guys get so mad haha

ya....so mad.....*madness*

BlackSolider
03-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Don't get mad, get the hell outa this thread if you aren't gonna contribute.

Nimda is too hard to get too, but unless new minigames came out, I doubt many ppl would visit it.

xnervNATx
03-17-2009, 03:58 AM

Nimda is too hard to get too, but unless new minigames came out, I doubt many ppl would visit it.

who is going there anyway

Luda
03-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Ooohh, even though we just had the GC studios move thing..we should of had the Card House, Studios and Public CTF on Nimda because wasn't Nimda's main purpose to be a minigaming island? Could just put a warp ring there and for people first getting there, could have a traveler horse NPC that takes you to the ferry quickly like that one that used to bring you to Chaotica port.

xnervNATx
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Ooohh, even though we just had the GC studios move thing..we should of had the Card House, Studios and Public CTF on Nimda because wasn't Nimda's main purpose to be a minigaming island? Could just put a warp ring there and for people first getting there, could have a traveler horse NPC that takes you to the ferry quickly like that one that used to bring you to Chaotica port.

that a good dam idea

Shadow87
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Nimda would actually serve a more useful purpose if it was a gaming island and not just home to ....ratform lelelelelel!

ff7chocoboknight2
03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
That's close to what I was going for. An easier way to get to Nimda would be a great idea, as would moving minigame material to Nimda to keep it organized.

MysticX2X
03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Why did they make a boat that appears every 20-30 minutes and disable you from swimming? Like somebody has the patience for that.

Remonq
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
more importantly, i don't see why they "disabled" swimming when they have no apparent plans to release the zorbi ring

Crimson2005
03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
more importantly, i don't see why they "disabled" swimming when they have no apparent plans to release the zorbi ring

I already suggested to Storm disabling the drowning until there was something released like the zorbi ring. He replied with "I'll think about it" and not heard much since.

Rufus
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I already suggested to Storm disabling the drowning until there was something released like the zorbi ring. He replied with "I'll think about it" and not heard much since.

That's kind of a stupid suggestion. The drowning is there to make a Zorbi ring useful. You'll feel a much greater sense of achievement being able to swim normally if it is restricted, then getting a way of overcoming that restriction in a later on release. If swimming is accessible for all straight away, the process would be added solely for players to do the quest and that is a stupid way of doing things. It's like Rat Form, areas for rats to visit should have been put in place way before the quest was brought out. Now if holes are brought in after the Rat Form has been out for a while, they're just adding them to give a release a purpose, when it should have had one on release. It would be alright for new players, but a really inappropriate way of doing things.

Remonq
03-17-2009, 10:46 PM
i still like the concept of ratholes tho. it sounds fun

MysticX2X
03-17-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't find a problem with dev adding in rat holes if that was a plan at all. If anything, that would make the rat form worth using.....

Rufus
03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't find a problem with dev adding in rat holes if that was a plan at all. If anything, that would make the rat form worth using.....

Did I say that rat holes were a bad idea anywhere in my post? In fact I don't think it has ever been suggested properly, and knowing these staff, probably not even thought about. I made rat holes with Dusty a while back and we spread them in a lot of places, making secret areas for exploration and adding back old insides we couldn't fit in logically. They're not on Classic though, just like a lot of things I've made with people for Classic, but that's not my fault. You seem to be missing the actual point in what I posted however, the rat form thing was just an example.

xnervNATx
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Did I say that rat holes were a bad idea anywhere in my post? In fact I don't think it has ever been suggested properly, and knowing these staff, probably not even thought about. I made rat holes with Dusty a while back and we spread them in a lot of places, making secret areas for exploration and adding back old insides we couldn't fit in logically. They're not on Classic though, just like a lot of things I've made with people for Classic, but that's not my fault. You seem to be missing the actual point in what I posted however, the rat form thing was just an example.

nice ratholes

Rufus
03-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Suggestion
Severely reduce the amount of stock that is dropped from bushes and pots. I'm talking next to nothing.
Make the ammo that you receive via events and events levels become temporary stock (or a different kind of stock) only to be used in events. Currently you just have to step into an event and you've got full ammunition.
MP should be removed from bushes and be placed under pots, if placed anywhere at all.

What is the point?
Currently there is no actual use for any of the things that the shops sell. If you're going to try and drain money from players on a constant basis, the amount of stock that you can get from bushes and pots.
Removing the amount of hearts that drop makes food items such as Burger Refuge Burgers and Beers actually useful.
Removing the amount of gelat makes job activities actually work doing. Tiny quests that you could get paid for and chests with money inside rewarding for exploration is rendered useless when you can gain the same amount by throwing your Boomerang around Chris Killem's garden.
Limiting the amount of stock types per object types makes for variation. I hate how I can get everything I'll ever need out of a single bush.

Polo
03-18-2009, 03:18 AM
In no particular order, here's some feedback on some of the ideas given so far...

Black and White Graals... Something like that would be cool IMO.
As some of you will have seen, these are now under constuction and will be released once complete. The white Graal will slowly increase the players health whilst they hold it. The black Graal will either speed up AP regeneration or provide unlimited ammo, or both. In keeping with the themes of good and evil, the White Graal will only respawn in good or holy locations such as the church alter and Angel Clan; the Black Graal will spawn in evil locations such as the Devil Clan place and places with lava. I'm also considering adding a Golden Graal which increases prosperity by improving the rewards you get from bushes (or rather, those without the Graal would find they get less).

Here's some specifics on how I currently think the final system will work:

When a player logs off or dies, the Graal will respawn near their body if there are players nearby, or in a random good/evil location if they were alone.
Players can hold more than one Graal, and will get the benefits of each one they hold.
A player will not be able to pick up a Graal which they have just dropped until either a nother player has picked it up in between, or a small amount of time (eg: 10 seconds) has passed. This is to prevent one player hogging the Graal without having to fight for it.
A player can pick the Graal up when they have 100AP, and their AP can also increase to 100 whilst holding the Graal; however, the godmode ability granted from having 100AP will be disabled whilst carrying a Graal.
Players will be able to keep their Graals whilst in GC levels, but all effects from the Graal, and even their visual appearance will be disabled during this time. Players will not lose Graals if they die inside a GC level, but will lose them if they disconnect. When leaving the GC levels, the Graals will be returned to the player exactly as before.

make a radio
As mentioned by others in this thread, I don't think we have the resources to pull off an official radio station to a decent enough standard to make it worthwhile. There's the whole questionable legality of streaming music without a broadcasting license to consider as well. If I thought we could pull this off successfully, I'd be open to the idea.

I've been trying to get the fighting fish game project to be a more pokemon...
Massokre was working on Fighting Fish recently, though I haven't caught him on for a while to know if these are still progressing. I may pick up the project myself if it has stalled. The Fish were player controlled and featured jumps and dashing attacks for movement, attacking and defense. Obviously this style of gameplay is a complete departure from the turn based battling suggested in Graalemon, so we could potentially go for a system that allows both (ie: turn-based or real-time fish fighting).

And do a marriage system where you and your spouse can get a house together and have Graal Babies so girls will wanna play on Classic...
We used to have marriages, but I was personally never that keen on the idea. I recall that Massokre added a stat to the profiles to signal who you were married to, and I removed it from the staff options with an angry comment stating how 'this was Classic and not UN'. I'm not really sure if it's the direction Classic should be moving in...

You guys need to make like quivers(quivers i think?) and bomb bags so we can eventually hold up to 999 with the max one. There needs to be more then one bomb and arrow type.
I didn't like the quivers and bomb bags, they just seemed like an unnecessary way to restrict the player to me. Certainly 999 bombs and arrows is far too much ammo to be carrying around. There are no issues at all putting the extra bomb and bow types in though. In fact, some of these are already completed (eg: Jolt Bombs) and have just been waiting around for a place to be released.

Fasion show level, if thats still not around you could actually readd that to its original location since thats where GC studios is now.
Some of the outfits people came up with for the fashion show events were pretty disturbing. Those were definitely some fun times. Consider this approved.

I'd like to see both Pizza Team and Burger Refuge eventually turned into player run businesses. I do have a whole plan for businesses and economy in mind, involving everything from farming and trading resources (such as fish and vegetables for pizza toppind and wood or coal to heat the stoves) right up to combining those resources into ammo or sellable products. ^^

Rufus
03-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Players will be able to keep their Graals whilst in GC levels, but all effects from the Graal, and even their visual appearance will be disabled during this time. Players will not lose Graals if they die inside a GC level, but will lose them if they disconnect. When leaving the GC levels, the Graals will be returned to the player exactly as before.

Just thought, this is going to mess up events that are not hosted in the GC levels.

Polo
03-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Just thought, this is going to mess up events that are not hosted in the GC levels.
I was thinking that this may occur whilst typing the response above. We'll need to have some way for GC's to remove all Graals from participants; hopefully such an approach wont be abused. ^^

BlackSolider
03-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Hopefully we can make levels for all events to avoid problems. I made a few levels for the events I invented, but obviously we still have a ways to go.

Rufus
03-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Hopefully we can make levels for all events to avoid problems. I made a few levels for the events I invented, but obviously we still have a ways to go.

Yeah I hope that can happen too, even if they're placed in people's houses and the GC can control them it would still be more useful.

DarkCloud_PK
03-18-2009, 03:38 AM
make a graal advantage disabling droppable.
then if the gc so chooses, they can have the graals be used within events.

Polo
03-18-2009, 03:45 AM
make a graal advantage disabling droppable.
then if the gc so chooses, they can have the graals be used within events.
This seems like the best solution (you beat me to the post on it). ^^

xnervNATx
03-18-2009, 05:00 AM
bring back pizza team now or die!

Luda
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Would be cooler if fighting fish wasn't player controlled, and with rufus's suggestion about the gralats..you could bet them on the fish fights.

Kill
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Rat holes are a good idea, they'll make people actually want to explore and make use of the giant overworld we currently have.

I agree that we need to limit the way we get things such as ammo... One example is the MoD fort, I can just go there and transfer 99 arrows/bombs to people... Also infinite ammo in events (as Rufus mentioned) can be changed to be used as different types of stock perhaps.

Nightmareangel
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Massokre was working on Fighting Fish recently, though I haven't caught him on for a while to know if these are still progressing. I may pick up the project myself if it has stalled. The Fish were player controlled and featured jumps and dashing attacks for movement, attacking and defense. Obviously this style of gameplay is a complete departure from the turn based battling suggested in Graalemon, so we could potentially go for a system that allows both (ie: turn-based or real-time fish fighting).

I had a whole big text document awhile back with plans I made for fighting fish when I was pushing to head up the project. I had a detailed turn-based battle system, ability system, ability equipping system, evolutionary fork paths, etc. worked out. I wish I could find it as I liked what I proposed.

BlackSolider
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
*cough* copy pokemon red (or gold) *cough*

Shadow87
03-18-2009, 05:22 PM
The name graalemon copies it enough gladius =P

BlackSolider
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Orly?

Rufus
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Hide names under bushes.

BlackSolider
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
And rocks.

xnervNATx
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM
And rocks.

you are hiding under a bush but people can see you !

Luda
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
If Ventrue cliff is removed along with guild gates, add Geovanies to it's original locations with the half gray rock circles there again.

xnervNATx
03-18-2009, 09:35 PM
If Ventrue cliff is removed along with guild gates, add Geovanies to it's original locations with the half gray rock circles there again.

ya!

Luda
03-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Got this idea from Ben, he made a coin toss when ur idle for an amount of time. When people go idle they could have do little gani's after awhile like in other games..
examples:stretching or a little bubble coming out of ur nose to show that ur resting with the zZzZ bubble too.

Bell
03-19-2009, 02:29 AM
you are hiding under a bush but people can see you !

Would be fun to get a bunch of people hiding neatly under bushes then ambush passers by. Might make a few newblets wet their pixelated pants though.

MysticX2X
03-19-2009, 02:33 AM
I suggested this to Storm, but I doubt he'll consider it anytime soon.

When talking to npc characters, you should make it like a side scroller where you see an expanded version of yours and the npc characters head facing each other sideways with some random background and then have the text appear word by word like old school 2d games.

Luda
03-19-2009, 02:52 AM
I suggested this to Storm, but I doubt he'll consider it anytime soon.

When talking to npc characters, you should make it like a side scroller where you see an expanded version of yours and the npc characters head facing each other sideways with some random background and then have the text appear word by word like old school 2d games.

For some reason, this doesn't fit Classic to me.. plus the enlarged guys would look all choppy and crap

BlackSolider
03-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Sneak bush attacks! Reminds me of CoD: World at War.

MysticX2X
03-19-2009, 03:04 AM
For some reason, this doesn't fit Classic to me.. plus the enlarged guys would look all choppy and crap

I dunno. It was an idea and it wouldn't look terrible to have them slightly enlarged.

xnervNATx
03-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Would be fun to get a bunch of people hiding neatly under bushes then ambush passers by. Might make a few newblets wet their pixelated pants though.

i would do that too , ambushing noob isfun

DarkCloud_PK
03-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Adding bush name thing.
I fixed infinite ammo, once its removed or you leave the level with it, your b/a drop back to what they used to be. I'll explore disabling transfers while being in a level with IA.

xnervNATx
03-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Adding bush name thing.
I fixed infinite ammo, once its removed or you leave the level with it, your b/a drop back to what they used to be. I'll explore disabling transfers while being in a level with IA.

was that needed. the ammo thing.

Luda
03-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I dunno. It was an idea and it wouldn't look terrible to have them slightly enlarged.

all choppy and crap

DarkCloud_PK
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Added the bush thing to the list and took a couple shots at it myself at 3AM to not much success, it looks as if by all the commented out code, that I havent been the first one to not be able to figure it out. Oh well, always can test it more when im not dead tired.

MysticX2X
03-21-2009, 12:31 AM
I think it's bugged. I cannot see my name nor anyone's name after they hid under something.

DarkCloud_PK
03-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Thor added it in, if its bugged I'll take a look if he's busy.

Rufus
03-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Shouldn't be able to open someone's profile via right clicking when they're under a bush.

MysticX2X
03-21-2009, 03:45 PM
It was fixed last night so I guess Thor read it before.

xnervNATx
03-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Shouldn't be able to open someone's profile via right clicking when they're under a bush.

well ask whoever bugged it . i think we were not able to do that before

DarkCloud_PK
03-22-2009, 12:10 AM
you can open anyones profile as long as it isn't disabled in an event or other area.
never has been with bushes on here.

DutchGuy
03-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Classic needs a totally new community. Ban all current no-lifers, and promote classic free of charge to a new community.
Make sure they don't know what Classic use to be like. This will save you the ongoing drama.

Pimmeh
03-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Classic needs a totally new community. Ban all current no-lifers, and promote classic free of charge to a new community.
Make sure they don't know what Classic use to be like. This will save you the ongoing drama.

That makes no sense...

sweetbruz
03-24-2009, 08:20 AM

And what should we do about the Jews, mein Fuhrer?

Luda
03-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I always knew SirMike was a Nazi...

DarkCloud_PK
03-24-2009, 09:41 AM
*sigh*

Any more non trolling suggestions on things they want added or improved on classic? I'm still taking them to the Dev Team and pushing them as much I can.
Will most likely be working on them myself with Thor's team after Night finishes ganis for cards so we can get this thing going.

Kill
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I still don't see the shortcuts for sparring.

DarkCloud_PK
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm trying to get it into the SN update.

Kill
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
ty.

BlackSolider
03-25-2009, 05:46 PM
What if we update all the major spar arenas to the 'exo system'?

Or we could just get rid of most of the small arenas. The small rooms, like the ones in zols, are never used outside of the monthly.

weeway
03-27-2009, 07:16 AM
My supercool idea

we should have a super event day where all events that havent been hosted in over say 6 months get hosted (might wanna make it a week in that case) it will get the events known and boost the playercount and in that time mabye releace some new NPCs and stuff

Luda
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
If they haven't been hosted in 6 months then why would anyone play it. Stupid.

weeway
03-27-2009, 04:26 PM
People only play CTF and sumo so some events that havent been hosted would be good

xnervNATx
03-27-2009, 04:45 PM
maybe they are not hosted because they ****

BlackSolider
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
We have several dozen events that we can actually host.

The problem is, we have less than half a dozen events that enough people will actually join.

The low playercount certainly doesn't help. The fact that tickets are worthless doesn't help. The poor HDs dont help. The lagging/leaving games doesn't help.

All in all, GCs can only host about 6 events because people don't join other events for a variety of reasons.

fragman85
03-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I am new on Classic, but what I've seen is that property is useless on Classic.. x_X

Like Gralats, Tickets, etc. All USELESS, I think that's the main problem.

On Era it's about having the best guns.
On Zodiac about having the most level 60s and the best swords.
On UN it's about having the most Event-Items.
On Classic it's about... about what?

BlackSolider
03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Ctf.

Kamaeru
03-27-2009, 08:32 PM
There used to be a massive amount of useful items to collect on the server in the not so distant past.

The idea is having items that are literally useful instead of having a number or rarity attached to them.. like the hookshot to get across a certain spot or an item that allows you to finish a certain quest.

This gives the player a sense of real accomplishment in an item that every player can enjoy equally.

Unfortunately, there are very few of these items for the player to collect now. What's even worse is that some items are implemented with no strategy whatsoever as to what trials the player must go through to collect it, what areas it will now allow the player to access, and what sort of quest the item will allow the player to complete.

I call it stagnation. We have a game that at one point was a complete (or near it) game for players to enjoy whether or not that had done it before, played Zelda before, or were looking for other types of experiences. Now, we have a clean slate. There is a big game that still needs to be developed here.

If you think about it this way... it's actually good news for a person like me!
I think proper implementation of interactive elements on Classic could very well garner more players--because who in their right mind can resist a good Zelda romp?
(It is a much more appealing idea to me, personally, than whatever the new top-selling game from EA is on the Xbox 360, for example.)

Zelda is a much better concept for a game than any other one out there. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. So why must this game be failing?

If Classic were carefully made into a good game from the bad game that it is, I find it very hard to believe that people will play it less than they do now.
Unfortunately, many people are pessimistic about that idea.

xnervNATx
03-27-2009, 10:34 PM
having me with 680 tickets show how slow classic has been

MysticX2X
03-27-2009, 11:02 PM
We have several dozen events that we can actually host.

I have a hard time believing that.

jacob_bald6225
03-28-2009, 12:17 AM
I have a hard time believing that.

If we had proper GCs we'd have an infinite number of events to be hosted.

xnervNATx
03-28-2009, 12:56 AM

so true

Rufus
03-28-2009, 12:57 AM

No, we wouldn't.

jacob_bald6225
03-28-2009, 01:05 AM
No, we wouldn't.

Yes we would, events aren't about fully scripted levels it is about having enough creativity to turn preset levels and tools in to games. The GC team only seems to want to host fully scripted levels like in the GC studios which limits their creativity in hosting events.

Rufus
03-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Yes we would, events aren't about fully scripted levels it is about having enough creativity to turn preset levels and tools in to games. The GC team only seems to want to host fully scripted levels like in the GC studios which limits their creativity in hosting events.

Events are only as good as the community that wants to participate in them. You can't even get 8 players for a basic spar tournament these days, never mind some makeshift random event in some abandoned and pointless playerhouse.

MysticX2X
03-28-2009, 02:24 AM

That is not true at all. All our GC's try their best to host events, but Classic events are old, and nobody seems to enjoy them anymore.

Nobody seems to realize Classic's events are outdated. We have had on average 1-2 new events added per year (not counting new levels to current events). New events/events system is really what Classic needs. Reducing ticket count surely will not get many people playing events again, that much for sure.

I'm anticipating some stupid reply as that the tool gives GC's an abundant amount of resources to host events. It really doesn't.

BlackSolider
03-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Events are only as good as the community that wants to participate in them. You can't even get 8 players for a basic spar tournament these days, never mind some makeshift random event in some abandoned and pointless playerhouse.

Well said.

If only 5/20 people are joining events (20 being playercount, inflated by rcs,) then the options a GC has to host is really, really limited. Also recall that the reward for winning events, tickets, are essentially useless right now.

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Back when we had a better playercount GCs still seldom hosted outside of a variety of events.

That's honestly what killed it, no plot or strategy, just aimless hosting of popular events. I've been saying this for a long time but I see too much "requests" and event cancellation. Rufus is right but it doesn't help if the GCs themselves are killing the community's will to participate. Even if I were to spring back into active hosting I got hell to work with - dead server, HD bs, plus a nerf on event participation, time to put the gloves on and get to work.

BlackSolider
03-28-2009, 08:54 AM
To most people, whats more fun? Fortbuilder, sumo, and ctf, or musical chairs, infection, and horse race?

Now obviously the later can be fun as well, but usually not as fun to the majority of people. Otherwise they would join them more often. At least thats what I see.

GCs need to host a balance of "popular" events and "nonpopular" events, but right now its tough with the aforementioned problems.

jorollychu
03-28-2009, 09:40 AM
horse race sucks maybe if the horses werent retarded and more like mario kart we'd care

xnervNATx
03-28-2009, 03:09 PM
horse race sucks maybe if the horses werent retarded and more like mario kart we'd care

horse race is good , the horse are not retarded , its the person that control them.

fragman85
03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok.

From what I've seen people that play Classic, want that everybody got the same chances to win.

Like in a Spar they want after someone wins/loses that the only one he can blame is himself. (I know there's always lag... ^^)

I don't know if people would like such items, but I thought a little about some items that could be sold for a lot (depending on how much tickets people got these days):

-Stealth - "Get Invisible for 2 Minutes, a cooldown of 10 Minutes, you can't PK while stealthed also this is not useable in Events."

I know this may sound "Zodiac-Like" (Maloria-Like actually), but isn't it fun to follow 3-4 people listening to them talking about stuff without them knowing?

-Guild-Chat-Spy - Be able to Listen to the Chat of a Guild for a period of time, large cooldown.

I don't know if Classic people will like this, :o

I've got a lot of other ideas, I am just not sure how people on Classic think, please tell me what you think about those two ideas, just as examples.

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
GCs need to know how to use unpopular events to their advantage. 90% of the time when I host the event is not popular, but everything still clicks.

BlackSolider
03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
@ frag

They just made changes where nicknames no longer appear under bushes, so in essence thats 'low tech' stealth npcs.

We don't have guild wars right now, so a chat spy would be sort of pointless at this time. Not bad though.

MysticX2X
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
GCs need to know how to use unpopular events to their advantage. 90% of the time when I host the event is not popular, but everything still clicks.

It is not the deal with GC's hosting a variety of events. In fact, all of them try to. You seem to think everything is possible with a "right GC" despite the several externalities.

You have your head too far up your you know what.

Also, tickets are not 99 percent of the problem. **** I wont even say it's more than half of the problem with events right now. As Gladius has said, the toggable HD's is one, and our lack of new events is well another but nobody seems to agree.

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
It is not the deal with GC's hosting a variety of events. In fact, all of them try to. You seem to think everything is possible with a "right GC" despite the several externalities.

You have your head too far up your you know what.

You say they "try to" but state hosting a variety of events isn't a problem, in that case why are they "trying" they should be "doing". I've already demonstrated it's possible tons of times, how is my head too far up my *blank*?

BlackSolider
03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
@ mystic.

I think the events we have are solid enough (hell they've worked for 4 years) and slowly a few are added. Most don't get hosted enough to be "old" or "worn out" (obviously a few do.)

Rufus, and a few others, have talked about remaking several of our events. I think he was fixing up fortbuilder (new blocks), but I don't know what became of that project.

Clel has recently added his events with a larger access room as well, so we do have some new events. I made levels recently for 3 of my events, and was working on another. DC, rufus, jade, and myself each contributed to the KoM large event. So it's not like new events aren't being made now adays. True, we could use some more, but then again, if people aren't joining events (or logging on at all,) no amount of new events will help.

I see what you're saying though. Requests usually range from: ctf, fortbuilder, sumo, pictionary, babord lms, allstar. Not a very long list. Perhaps some new events could throw some fun back into classic, rather than "same old events day after day".

MysticX2X
03-28-2009, 09:02 PM
You say they "try to" but state hosting a variety of events isn't a problem, in that case why are they "trying" they should be "doing". I've already demonstrated it's possible tons of times, how is my head too far up my *blank*?

When I have said trying to, that meant an attempt. Most weren't successful because people simply don't enjoy events like those anymore, or people just don't have patience anymore when they are introduced to other servers with a much more flexible events system. You're just someone like Tatsumi who believes everything in the world can be done with a "proper GC" when that isn't the case at all.You failed at hosting old events or your quick mock-up events so I have no clue where you are getting at.

Gladius, I do realize there are constantly new additions to events. However, I also pointed out that renovations of events doesn't necessarily count as a new event. I have yet to see Clel release his events or even post on the GC boards of new events he released. Our event system right now is plain and boring, though that's what everyone wants it to be to remain "Classic".

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
When I have said trying to, that meant an attempt.

I took it as attempt but fail, moreover how are they attempting but failing to host a variety of events when variety of events ain't a problem.

Most weren't successful because people simply don't enjoy events like those anymore, or people just don't have patience anymore when they are introduced to other servers with a much more flexible events system.

Yeah that does play a factor, I'll let you have that, but that shouldn't skewer you out of hosting a variety of events.

You're just someone like Tatsumi who believes everything in the world can be done with a "proper GC" when that isn't the case at all.You failed at hosting old events or your quick mock-up events so I have no clue where you are getting at.

That's not what I think, but since I "seem to think" it or whatever I'll let it go. On the other hand my old-school events and mock-up events worked pretty well. They surely failed in your eyes though, which is fine, everyone has rights to their opinion.

Gladius, I do realize there are constantly new additions to events. However, I also pointed out that renovations of events doesn't necessarily count as a new event. I have yet to see Clel release his events or even post on the GC boards of new events he released. Our event system right now is plain and boring, though that's what everyone wants it to be to remain "Classic".

From my standpoint you've seen the levels, so I thought you'd just know you can use those levels at your own dismay, or would atleast ask me level names so you could possibly make use of the levels. I'm completely fine with GCs using the levels, and I'll post on the boards that they're released to make them more inviting I guess.

fragman85
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Era does get as much new events as Classic.

And yet everybody plays Events, why is that?

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Era has tons of content aside from events, so players can get settled in. As a GC LAT though I'm stuck to events, I can't make content for players outside of events else I would be.

Rufus
03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Era has tons of content aside from events, so players can get settled in. As a GC LAT though I'm stuck to events, I can't make content for players outside of events else I would be.

Apply for (or move to) dev then?

Cetellic
03-28-2009, 10:47 PM
LAT was the job I really wanted, I applied for LAT numerous times before I became GC. And I applied to LAT twice after being GC. After that I just assumed I'd never get it, (I barely even got hired on GC from my understanding).

I did get testing rights on xiahou, which have been upgraded a bit, and I am GC LAT now though a sloppy scripter, so I don't think I'd be becoming a dev anytime soon and will make the best out of what I got.

xnervNATx
03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
LAT was the job I really wanted, I applied for LAT numerous times before I became GC. And I applied to LAT twice after being GC. After that I just assumed I'd never get it, (I barely even got hired on GC from my understanding).

I did get testing rights on xiahou, which have been upgraded a bit, and I am GC LAT now though a sloppy scripter, so I don't think I'd be becoming a dev anytime soon and will make the best out of what I got.

if you want to be a dev ask thoror wd , sloppy scripter , but event are fun lol

MysticX2X
03-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I took it as attempt but fail, moreover how are they attempting but failing to host a variety of events when variety of events ain't a problem.
I say that because the GC team does try to host a variety of events at times. However, I said hosting a variety isn't the problem because you are saying the current GC's are incapable of hosting those events when they really aren't. The events you may refer to are old, and not up with newer age events in which other servers have already shined upon the graal community.

Yeah that does play a factor, I'll let you have that, but that shouldn't skewer you out of hosting a variety of events.
Those are reasons as to why players don't join your idea of a "variety of events".

[quoteThat's not what I think, but since I "seem to think" it or whatever I'll let it go. On the other hand my old-school events and mock-up events worked pretty well. They surely failed in your eyes though, which is fine, everyone has rights to their opinion.[/quote]
I'm not sure about old school events but I usually don't see player participation high in any events, including yours. You can't call a 2-4 player participated old event a successful one.

What I am getting at is that you shouldn't down the current GC team because it partly isn't their fault for why players dont participate. The curriculum of events is getting old and boring on Classic, and players don't see need to play while there are other servers which offer more aesthetics in their events.

Rufus
03-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Nobody seems to realize Classic's events are outdated. We have had on average 1-2 new events added per year (not counting new levels to current events). New events/events system is really what Classic needs. Reducing ticket count surely will not get many people playing events again, that much for sure.

Gladius, I do realize there are constantly new additions to events. However, I also pointed out that renovations of events doesn't necessarily count as a new event.

..while there are other servers which offer more aesthetics in their events.

:confused:

MysticX2X
03-29-2009, 12:16 AM
I meant other servers have more functional events than Classic development wise to make them look better.

Cetellic
03-29-2009, 01:22 AM
I say that because the GC team does try to host a variety of events at times. However, I said hosting a variety isn't the problem because you are saying the current GC's are incapable of hosting those events when they really aren't.The events you may refer to are old, and not up with newer age events in which other servers have already shined upon the graal community.

I never said anything about your abilities or if your capable or not, I said it doesnt happen often. Looking at your line up when you jumped on tag earlier Request+Fortbuilder+CTF, I didn't see the attempt. Recently though I have seen you host Musical Chairs which gets a thumbs up simply because I stopped and wondered "who hosts Musical Chairs these days?"

I'm referring to no specific events at all really, I'm just saying spice things up a bit and try not to be the same old thing. If other GCs are whoring the heck out of an event shy away from it, pickup some other events you dont see too often or be creative and come up with somethin you think would be fun (even if it's not that original).

Those are reasons as to why players don't join your idea of a "variety of events".

That's coo, but it won't stop me from going out the circle of normally hosted events. I still get players and finish my events.

I'm not sure about old school events but I usually don't see player participation high in any events, including yours. You can't call a 2-4 player participated old event a successful one.

That's cause you're changing the definition of 'successful'. An event can be successful with one player, if it only takes one player to play it. Half the problem is you're switching terms around to mean things which limit down what you can do as a GC - by that logic you Drunken Stupor and Steps Elimination can never be hosted successfully because they can never have more then 4 players, and thus GCs should never host those events. It's a destructive way of thinking.

What I am getting at is that you shouldn't down the current GC team because it partly isn't their fault for why players dont participate. The curriculum of events is getting old and boring on Classic, and players don't see need to play while there are other servers which offer more aesthetics in their events.

You say the curriculum of events is getting old and boring on Classic, but act as if the GCs are not responsible for that. Night really doesn't limit GCs at all as to what they can host, what style they must use when hosting, ect. ect.

MysticX2X
03-29-2009, 04:21 AM
I never said anything about your abilities or if your capable or not, I said it doesnt happen often. Looking at your line up when you jumped on tag earlier Request+Fortbuilder+CTF, I didn't see the attempt. Recently though I have seen you host Musical Chairs which gets a thumbs up simply because I stopped and wondered "who hosts Musical Chairs these days?"
I attempted a "Make Your Spar" a few days ago and only had 1 person wanting to play (Despite 8-10 ventrues doing their monthly spar tournament. Prolly bad timing). I host musical chairs once in a while to get out of the trend, but then again, that event is really boring if pk isn't on. Maybe it's not in my overall trend to host the unpopular events, but then again, they have reason to be unpopular.

I'm referring to no specific events at all really, I'm just saying spice things up a bit and try not to be the same old thing. If other GCs are whoring the heck out of an event shy away from it, pickup some other events you dont see too often or be creative and come up with somethin you think would be fun (even if it's not that original).
No one simply finds enjoyment from altercations of current events, nor is that innovative, nor do people find the patience for an original event with extensive customary rules.

That's cause you're changing the definition of 'successful'. An event can be successful with one player, if it only takes one player to play it. Half the problem is you're switching terms around to mean things which limit down what you can do as a GC - by that logic you Drunken Stupor and Steps Elimination can never be hosted successfully because they can never have more then 4 players, and thus GCs should never host those events. It's a destructive way of thinking.
Well, not in the sense of limited player events. I was specifically referring to events such as spar tournies, or LMS' of all kinds. A 4 player event on a 30+ server just makes player participation sad, and yet there are so many wanting to apply for GC :rolleyes:.

And Drunken Stupor doesn't require a 4 playercount cap. It can go up to 6+ players if there is demand.

You say the curriculum of events is getting old and boring on Classic, but act as if the GCs are not responsible for that. Night really doesn't limit GCs at all as to what they can host, what style they must use when hosting, ect. ect.
But Night doesn't provide up to date resources.

Cetellic
03-29-2009, 05:21 AM
I attempted a "Make Your Spar" a few days ago and only had 1 person wanting to play (Despite 8-10 ventrues doing their monthly spar tournament. Prolly bad timing). I host musical chairs once in a while to get out of the trend, but then again, that event is really boring if pk isn't on. Maybe it's not in my overall trend to host the unpopular events, but then again, they have reason to be unpopular.

Yeah if they're doing their monthly you expect them to play, you gotta be smart about it if you want to get anywhere.

No one simply finds enjoyment from altercations of current events, nor is that innovative, nor do people find the patience for an original event with extensive customary rules.

I get players, I finish events, and mine are altercations-innotive-and sometimes have extensive customary rules... so where are you at?

Well, not in the sense of limited player events. I was specifically referring to events such as spar tournies, or LMS' of all kinds. A 4 player event on a 30+ server just makes player participation sad, and yet there are so many wanting to apply for GC :rolleyes:.

I've seen Drunken Stupor hosted on a 45 playercount, must've been a pretty BIG mistake, I'm pretty sure that GC got a good talking to by Night over that major crisis! :rolleyes:

And Drunken Stupor doesn't require a 4 playercount cap. It can go up to 6+ players if there is demand.

Standard Drunken Stupor is four max, take it or leave it.

But Night doesn't provide up to date resources.

It doesnt take up to date resources so no johns.

Seriously this isn't even worth it - yeah that's right, I'm about to start making complaints that this isn't challenging enough, if you're not going to be level headed about it atleast put up a fight, otherwise I don't see the point.

BlackSolider
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Both of you shush. GCs are free to host what they want, how they want to. If a GC wants to host an "off-brand" event (different than an event out of the main circle) when he has a right to, though he shouldn't expect the amount of players to be all that great (not saying it can't be.)

If a GC doesn't want to host "off-brand" events that much, he doesn't have to. Should a GC try and switch it up? Definitely. GCs need to find a balance between "main stream" (ctf, fortbuilder, sumo,etc.,) "outside the main circle" (infection, horse race, pk fest, etc.,) and "off-brand" (bush wars, predator and prey, kill the GC, etc.) Obviously the majority of players are going to join "main stream" events more consistently than "off-brand", but a GC has every right to try and host them nonetheless.

Oh and ps: hosting a 4 player event (drunken stupor) on a 45 playercount is disgusting. People barely have a reason to log on right now, and even less of a reason to join events. Try and host events that get as many people as possible who want to play. With that being said, don't try to force events that need X number on a shaky playercount. Currently I find that many events I have to wait for 5 minutes or so to fill the final spot. What happened to the good old days when you'd get 12 pms for a 8 man spar tournament :(

Kill
03-29-2009, 01:07 PM
hosting a 4 player event (drunken stupor) on a 45 playercount is disgusting.
Couldn't agree more.
I think I know who you're talking about who does this, he is not a GC for the right reasons; only for his personal reasons, which is disgusting in itself.

MysticX2X
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Well clel, my make your spar was an example. It was a 43 player count with only a few willing people busy. That is what I am talking about. As to the altercations point, I haven't seen those fly too well. Are you trying to say that we don't need new events because our current resources are already fine despite people now calling Classic events boring? I hope you're seriously acting stupid because having the same stuff forever and ever just won't make event participation go up. Up to date resources is a must for most servers. Other servers are heavily upgrading their events with a higher caliber, yet Classic remains the same for the past god knows how many years in their events. It's not evens only though.

Gladius, the problem is the players don't join the events that aren't hosted much. I guess you can figure out why they aren't hosted much.

Cetellic
03-29-2009, 05:11 PM
People barely have a reason to log on right now, and even less of a reason to join events. Try and host events that get as many people as possible who want to play.

Yeah... you don't know what you're talking about... I dont know why you even bothered.

Are you trying to say that we don't need new events because our current resources are already fine despite people now calling Classic events boring?

*facepalm* I'm officially done here folks, good day.

MysticX2X
03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
lmao....I'm sorry that that's the way you come off. You just think that everything is possible on Current Classic to get it back and popping. I'm not sure where you think you could be the savior when every Active GC is trying to get player participation high again.

Quit the talk and take a try and host sometime. That'll shoot you straight

BlackSolider
03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah... you don't know what you're talking about... I dont know why you even bothered.

Rofl. Your arrogance is really something. If there are 40 people on (however unlikely,) a GC should host an event to get as many people involved as possible, like an LMS event. Hosting an LMS event lets everyone willing join, and thus people aren't left out.

Say you host allstar with 40 people online. Realistically you're only going to summon 8 people (since you'd have to get exactly 16 people to make it work well otherwise,) and thus possibly leave some people out. So while a dozen people or so are off having fun (maybe,) another dozen people or so are sitting on the overworld doing nothing. At that point, what compels them to stay on the server? Right now, very little.

All I'm saying is that you host to your playercount. If the playercount is shaky, don't try to host an 8 player event, because right now we're only getting 5-6 people usually. If the playercount is solid, host a 10-12 person event. If the playercount is high, host an event that lets everyone play. It's pretty lame when you're sitting on the overworld while all your friends are in an event you wanted to join but couldn't.

Anyways feel free to explain yourself if you find it worth your oh-so-valuable time.

Shadow87
03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Although that is true Gladius, sometimes you want to leave some people out, because if you are a GOOD GC , then you plan on hosting again, and again, atleast 5 times until your going to go off tag. So when you host one event, and people get left out, they know to wait for the next one, and be even faster to send in than they were the last time!

Sure throw in an all server LMS or a 32 man allstar, if you can, but you don't want to get packed out events every time, imagine the lag.

Now a days it would be nice to host to player count though considering we dont have a big one to often. But you GC guys also need to up your game a bit to, you may not have a big player count all the time, but i remember when i was GC we still didnt have that great of player count, and sometimes we had it real low, but there were some of us always hosting, 10 people on, Ok, am going to host a strain of events in studio A!! Or GC will take turns, you guys dont do this anymore, Ive really noticed that the bond the GC team used to have just went away and is no longer there.

Cetellic
03-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Hmm

Gladius in your first post you state GCs are free to host what they want and how they want... you'd agree that what I'm saying is legal, though you may not see how it helps. Now your side of the picture I don't agree with, and it may be legal, but I have analyzed it to the point where I know of it's advantages/disadvantages, if I wanted to host the popular events I could do it and make the best of it, you're only one side of the picture though you don't even know where to begin when it comes to hosting unpopulars or creative mockups... the statement that "hosting Drunken Stupor on a 45 playercount is disgusting" tells the tale, it is disgusting if you're planning to host Drunken Stupor in the same fashion as a mainstream, but how you use mainstreams is only one of many styles? So I can't help but ask why are we being one dimensional?

The funny part was you said GCs can go off-brand but they shouldn't have to if they don't want to. It's like saying GCs can be helpful but they shouldn't have to if they do want to...

As for your second post Tats sums it up nicely.

Mystic, Classic doesn't need up to date resources means something completely different to me, which is a revamp, or a remake. Not getting that doesn't mean we're doomed to stay the same - You sit here and listen to me talk about being creative, doing different things, and then completely disregard it, like I threw everything I said out the window when I made the statement...

Your "less talk more rock" attitude is good and all, but I've been hosting this week with good results, so the rock part is taken care of...

BlackSolider
03-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I've seen a few GCs take turns hosting. Not as often as it could happen, but it does occur.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Like I've said before, a GC's job is to host fun, enjoyable, and fair events for everyone who wants to play. Personally, I don't find drunken stupor or many other off-brand events that much fun; certainly not as fun as a good ctf or lms. Therefor, as a GC, I tend to host the events I find more fun than the ones I don't find to be fun.

Judging from your posts, you sometimes find off-brand fun. Thus, by my logic above, you see no problem with hosting them. So whats the issue? Apparently GCs host events they, or the people online (requests,) find to be fun. If a GC finds off-brand events to be fun, he'll host them. If a GC finds off-brand events to not be fun, he won't host them. Should this stop GCs from hosting certain events at all? Definitely not.

Just because I don't find off-brand events that fun, doesn't mean I won't host them. Pictionary isn't hosted that often, and personally I really don't like playing nor hosting it. But I've hosted it before. I could go into more examples, but I think you get the point.

GCs host what they find to be fun. Should they still host events they might not find to be fun? Sure, if they can get the people to join. I feel that GCs shouldn't try to force unpopular events to the people, so I don't host them that much. I try to host a variety of events, but only those that I feel I can consistently get people for. If other GCs want to try to host other events, then they can do so.

MysticX2X
03-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Mystic, Classic doesn't need up to date resources means something completely different to me, which is a revamp, or a remake. Not getting that doesn't mean we're doomed to stay the same - You sit here and listen to me talk about being creative, doing different things, and then completely disregard it, like I threw everything I said out the window when I made the statement...

Your "less talk more rock" attitude is good and all, but I've been hosting this week with good results, so the rock part is taken care of...
I am not going to take "we have enough resources" fora an answer. The GC tool is bland, and the only nice update to it in the past few months was the return of freezetag.

Our events are un-updated. Our hosting style is un-updated and old. Other servers outshine this and we can barely attract any players from other servers who have been used to seeing events in a flash.

Renovations, altercations, and all that is nice. But that is not my idea of innovative updates.

Shadow87
03-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Just because the GC might not have fun with the event, does not mean the player will not have fun with it. You have to host everything, and that means everything. From the top of the list to the bottom of the list, either through requests or your own choice. It just what being a GC comes with.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 04:05 AM
If only a minority of players will have fun with the event (much less join,) why should a GC host a "bottom of the list" event rather than a "top of the list" event that, presumably, more people will enjoy?

MysticX2X
03-30-2009, 04:05 AM
There is very limited real events with levels and explanation. Most other events you may be referring to are GC created from the past and not very well documented to later GC's.

You don't have to host every event possible. It'd be nice for variety, but most people just don't play those events (and when i mean that, i mean 0 people), which has been the case not to host the events you'd want to imagine.

Shadow87
03-30-2009, 04:07 AM
I dont accept that, i feel if you had 4 active players, people actually looking at their screen, and you hosted something in studio A involving 4 players, that you could get 4. I just dont see anyone try to host those events, just assuming here and there.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 05:36 AM
Like I said, I don't find playing nor hosting 4 player events fun, so I won't host them. If you can find me a good reason to motivate me to host a 4 player event, then I might consider hosting them. Maybe. Possibly. Who knows. Good luck.

MysticX2X
03-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Sorry, Gladius, but I cannot agree with you on that. 4 player events are nice. Maybe not for larger events such as a spar tourney or a ctf, but for lms' of any sort, it is a nice out. Including Drunken Stupor and BQ.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
If a GC finds off-brand events to be fun, he'll host them.

Ok then. If you find them fun, then host them. I won't.

Luda
03-30-2009, 09:11 AM
clouds around big map please
http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/images/lttpOverworld.gif

Cetellic
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Overhosting an event will kill it, in the same light as retelling the same joke over and over will murder it. An overhost of good-popular-events will kill that group of events which even further deteriorates the bad-unpopular-events. It can go no where positive, soon people will get sick of those "good" events and only want "really good" events, we lose some options. Of course this happens more rapidly if you're getting a large number of players for each good event for obvious reasons.

If you don't host certain events cause you fear you won't get the players, or you just always wanna host the better events/what people request, it's a bad call; you limit yourself + lose control, now they're expecting **** to be given to them and will boycott or just not join at all when you don't give em what they want. This indirectly (whether it's intended or not) forces GCs to stick with the popular events, else we just won't be providing service.

Now you can do whatever, obviously there's no rules on what events you host, so ya there's no point in trying to force anyone to do anything. Just don't get pissy when you get called on your mishaps.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Rofl mishaps. If you honestly think that hosting unpopular events just for the sake of "keep control" or "not limiting yourself" is being a good GC, well then you've got a very, very different job description than I do. Being a good GC is about hosting fun events for the people; so if people don't find an event to be fun, I don't see why it should be hosted.

If certain events don't get players, its because people don't like them. Why force something down their throats? "Im gonna host this event even though you don't like it, just to stay in control!". Please. Being a GC is about satisfying the masses, not doing things to "keep control." This isn't a dictatorship.

DutchGuy
03-30-2009, 04:23 PM
well with thor and master storm aka fidel castro / chavez in control, this whole server is about dictatorship.

Shadow87
03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Gladius, they may not be fun for you, but they are fun for others, if someone requests it, and you asked for requests, are you still not going to host it?

Sometimes you have to suck it up and host it for the players, a lot of players believe it or not, like 4 player events, why do we have them if they dont get hosted anyway eh?

DarkCloud_PK
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
This thread was about suggestions, not internal GC affairs and GC dilemma.

Even if we find some magical event that is more fun than CTF, that does not fix the deep root of the problem with GC right now, which is the stagnant useless prizes and ever inflating ticket count. Without tickets having worth, there is not a whole lot of incentive other than the event itself to play the event, there is no more economy driving events. While other methods of competition are in the works for GC events. The main problem that needs to be focused on is making tickets worth something again besides a number to collect. When that is established, players will participate in a wider range of events instead of choosing to idle if CTF is not hosted.

If you can't find any players to play another other than CTF, don't host, CTF should not be being hosted as much as it is anyway, it ruins the long term fun of the event and further inflates tickets. Unless there is a good reason to do it, such as entertaining an abnormaly large player count, etc, CTF should not be over hosted. If people don't want to play anything other than CTF, don't host, it isn't an obligation to host CTF all the time, if people know its either xxx or nothing, and GCs can't be pressured into hosting CTF, perhaps your turnout will increase in other events.

Also there's nothing wrong with events with 3-4 players in there either.
A lot of studio A events I and many others enjoy.

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
@ tats

If I asked for requests, and something like druken stupor or musical chairs was the winner, I'd host it. I never said I'd flat out not host a "low tier" event or a "4 player ever"; I simply said I'd host something funner, imo, if given the choice.

Say if there was a tie between druken stupor and, for example, babord survivor, I'd host babord survivor for a number of reasons. More players involved, funner to watch, less work from myself, funner to play, etc.

As for your "why are they there if they don't get hosted" thought: its not that these events don't get hosted; they just don't get hosted with the regularity as other events. Example: some items in a grocery store are going to always be bought, and other items are going to only be bought from time to time by a small minority. So why are the other items there? To keep everyone remotely happy (hey look, we have something for everyone!) Drunken stupor is there to be hosted from time to time when the situation is right. It isn't there to be hosted 3 times a day because it has limitations. A minority of players will want it, and thus once in a while their thirst will be quenched, pun intended.

As for DC's comments, I rarely host ctf anymore tbh. When I ask for requests, I usually throw in a line like "out of the box" or "underhosted" events, though about half the ppl will still pm me ctf. So I ignore them and host something else, only to find a few ppl who pmed me not join (presumably b/c they don't like the underhosted event. and by underhosted I'm not talking musical chairs. more like infection or sumo allstar.) I try to host ctf only with a playercount above 25, thus the odds of getting 8 people and a few standbys are fairly good.

Cetellic
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm lets see

"If you honestly think that hosting unpopular events just fir the sake of 'keeping control' or 'not limiting yourself'", hmm I have no real choice but to give you the title of "troll". 'Just' for the sake of keeping control? Like control is disposable and we don't even need it?!... yet

What happened to the good old days when you'd get 12 pms for a 8 man spar tournament :(

Yes Gladius, those old days where the GCs actually gave a hoot about such a worthless factor as control. Peppering in a small or unpopular to get away from the mainbranch of events a "cool down", yeah the mere idea of using those events is the same as jamming it down their throats, because those horrible events are not fun in even the slightest.

And I still have miles of explaining to do, like why control is important for authority figures like GCs, how you can use control without being a dictator, and finally how having options A+B+C is better then just having option A (limitations)... as usual presenting information to a troll would be a waste. I'm more interested in taking up the offer of making tickets worthwhile again...

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Clel, you're a control freak. You want the right to pick anyone you wish when captaining ctf. You want the right to host any event, any time. You want the right to place your self-made npcs into your events to "spice things up". You want the right to make events in your test level.

Look duda, I flow with the people. If people like events A and B more than event C, then GCs should adjust their hosting to host A and B more than C. Now, no where did I ever say a GC should just host A and/or never host C. So kindly, do throw out the idea of "then just having option A" from your posts because it is simply not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, (this example is from my personal preference at this point,) that if I had a choice between a blonde, a brunette, and a red head, I'd (taking personality out of it) go for the blonds and brunettes. I simply don't like red hair that much. I don't get anything out of it. So, if you were setting me up on a blind date, I'd really prefer it if you didn't set me up with a red head. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to going out with a red head, it just wouldn't be my first choice.

Look clel, control is not something GCs have to have in abundance. You go with the flow. You go with what works. If the opposing team isn't letting you run the ball, by golley, don't run the ball that much! If you keep losing at blackjack, by golley, find another game to play! If the majority of the players don't like a particular event, by golley, don't host it that much! Learn to adjust dude. Yes, keeping your options open is important so you don't limit yourself too much. But if certain options aren't as good as the others, you don't use them!

Only hosting option A means you're too thick headed. Hosting A B and C even though C isn't popular is just ignorant. Hosting A and B more than C, if C isn't as popular, makes perfect sense. The people make the rules on graal, not the staff. It's called social norms. People know what they like and what they don't like. Why not adjust your hosting style to their wants and needs? Because you want control? Because you want to keep your options open and not limit yourself? Common dude. I'm not saying to only host 3 events. You host what people will join most of the time. Yes, host C events from time to time, but not because you have to. Host events because either you want to, or the people want it. That's all I'm saying dude. And if that makes me a "troll", then I'll take it as a compliment.

Mark Sir Link
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM

Even if we find some magical event that is more fun than CTF, that does not fix the deep root of the problem with GC right now, which is the stagnant useless prizes and ever inflating ticket count. Without tickets having worth, there is not a whole lot of incentive other than the event itself to play the event, there is no more economy driving events. While other methods of competition are in the works for GC events. The main problem that needs to be focused on is making tickets worth something again besides a number to collect. When that is established, players will participate in a wider range of events instead of choosing to idle if CTF is not hosted.

If you can't find any players to play another other than CTF, don't host, CTF should not be being hosted as much as it is anyway, it ruins the long term fun of the event and further inflates tickets. Unless there is a good reason to do it, such as entertaining an abnormaly large player count, etc, CTF should not be over hosted. If people don't want to play anything other than CTF, don't host, it isn't an obligation to host CTF all the time, if people know its either xxx or nothing, and GCs can't be pressured into hosting CTF, perhaps your turnout will increase in other events.

people had hundreds of tickets pre NPC server, how is this magically a problem now?

Perhaps readd the statue auction?

Kill
03-30-2009, 08:35 PM
if I had a choice between a blonde, a brunette, and a red head, I'd (taking personality out of it) go for the blonds and brunettes.
Nice analogy. I'd do the same.

Shadow87
03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Im sorry gladius but I have to go with clel on this. Some how over the time you have been GC your mind has been warped on how you should host. You are still just thinking about yourself in terms of hosting and nothing else.

You should remember the old days, when GCs hosted everything in almost a day, that could still happen if the effort was put in, but no one puts in the effort. GC needs to get their bond back with each other, it used to be more like a family guild, now you all usually argue, or never communicate. Just because the event isn't as fun gladius as others, does not mean you do not host it, please understand that. We have events getting dust on them because no GC wants to host them, and i'm actually going to go ahead and contradict myself according to the first sentence i have in this post, but sometimes you have to go and say screw requests, im going to go host CoD and people will play it, im telling you people will play it. But you probably dont even know what CoD is which also could be a problem.

You need to suck it up man, stop fighting with clel, and start hosting more, more of everything, you really dont have any variety , not alot of GCs do now. None of you host nearly enough either, you all need to step up your game biiiiiiiig time.

Cetellic
03-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Gladius seems butthurt (everyone's been saying it lately so why not) over the whole "troll" thing online so to clear up your confusion here's the definition I came to when I used it -

'you make points that are easily shot-down, you're not much of a threat you're just a problem that lingers, you're not arguing points that are meaningful and overrule mine, you don't even know what you're talking about most of the time - you're just saying stuff to "put up an argument" and they must be good because Clel will try to correct you rather then say "you're too dumb to get it" and walk away.'

You took it rather emotionally though, look at that big response... and you open with with "Clel, you're a control freak". Then three paragraphs of "OMG!!! IS THIS WHY I WAS CALLED A TROLL? WELL HERE'S MY STANCE ON IT!!", give it up... I started skimming after the girl bit cause I knew what you were doing... I dont even have to fight your points cause you didn't think before using em... with all the information that's been told your whole post pretty much has been raped by previous ones... that's why telling troll's information is a waste cause they don't use it.

Shadow87
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Alright alright , I think its either time for a new thread for this subject or travel back to the GC forums for this one guys.

Cetellic
03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
yeah it is starting to get ***, dont we have more important matters to discuss?

BlackSolider
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Rofl clel takes things in such a wrong direction, its not even funny. GPS please. Any and all comments I made about the "troll" thing online were very, very sarcastic. Trollsaurus? Rofl dude, common.

Anyways, from what I've gathered, you are a control freak. Its not even an attack either. Thats not a bad thing. You didn't even deny any one of those allegations, though I ponder you didn't deem it worthy of your time. Too busy scripting events, ey? No matter.

It's clear clel, that we have different perspectives on how to host. I've given my reasons why I do what I do, and you've given your reasons why you do what you do. Clearly we both believe we are correct, because it is only natural. Like I've said, I see the value in hosting a variety of events, just not to the extent that you suggest. If you don't agree with my logic, then don't do it my way. I'm not trying to covert you to A+BmoreoftenthanCism. Trying to do so would be A)impossible and B)unwise. GCs have the freedom to host how they want to. Tis why each GC has flavor; a personality. We're not a bunch of robots who summon people and do things step 1 to step 10 until the event is over. Hell nah. We each do things in our own little way, within the context of the overall rules. That's the beauty of being a GC. You can add a twist or a spin to things. You can do it your way (just like BK.)

I don't host C events as much because A and B events are much more popular. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I won't host C events (which tats seems to keep missing somehow.) You can sit in your chair and believe you "shot-down" or even "raped" my points, but lets be realistic here: you can't defeat someone's point by saying something that is opposite to it. They are your opinions. If I say "well C events aren't that fun to the majority so I don't host em", you can't say "well they might be fun to a few people so you got to host em" and think you won. Nah fool. It doesn't work that way. Those are opinions. You need facts to prove someone wrong. If you had somehow got evidence that the majority of players actually loved C events and wanted them hosted more than A events, then you would have raped my argument completely. But you didn't.

Look duda. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I see the value of hosting a variety of events. I just don't believe all events need to be hosted as often as others. Pretty simple concept. If you don't follow my logic, then so be it. But you can't prove me wrong dude. I mean, seriously, the day that the majority likes the current musical chairs more than the current ctf sumo is the day hell freezes over. So quit acting like you won, because, really, you haven't.

I've been told to stop posting on this argument because its making the GCs look bad. Fine. But I'll leave it at this. I'll host A+B events more than C events for the reasons I've already stated. You'll host A+B+C events for reasons you already stated. So, why can't we just leave it at that? Neither of us can prove the other wrong because neither of us are wrong. It's just a different style of hosting. Both logics make sense. The logic of only hosting A events doesn't make sense, which is why it is wrong. Is one of our logics better than the other? Well thats up for the individuals to decide. Those that like C events, such as tats, will side with you. Those that like A+B events more than C events will side with me. Does it mean people won't join yours or my events? Hell nah. They just won't see as many C events when I host.

Ya see dawg, you host how you want to host, and I'll host how I want to host. It's how things are done, and its how things will continue to go. If you want to host C events more than I do, go for it. I have nothing against C events being hosted (at the right playercounts.) As long as events are being hosted on a regular basis, things should be all good, no matter if they are A, B, C, Q, or Z events.

Well, I've rambled enough. Hopefully you can see the merits of both sides clel. If not, well then don't get mad, get hosting those C events you control freak ;)

MysticX2X
03-30-2009, 11:57 PM

Tickets aren't the deep problem here in all honesty. As Kevin said, a statue auction would of been a good thing as well. I suggested it to Night (while he told me it was a feature before), a very long time ago and nothing still has been done.

CTF is our most popular event. Of course it is going to be the most hosted. Overhosted? I think not though. Lack of a modern events system is what kills our events.

I take it you haven't ready any of my points to Clel at all. It's okay though since Clel appears to be on the same boat as you.

Cetellic
03-31-2009, 12:08 AM
@ Gladius - ummm... apparently you're really really hurt and you really really need to settle down a bit... it's not that serious...

@ Mystic - modern events system won't save the world, but it'd be a positive change. Upgrading should be something on the side

MysticX2X
03-31-2009, 12:52 AM
It should be a priority actually. You believe the problem with GC now lies within the GC team and tickets, when the GC team isn't even the case and the tickets are playing a minor role. If other servers already have a higher tech events system, why do they want to play Classic events which run slow and take a very long time and aren't even aware of most event rules?

You seem to ignore the big picture here but you haven't played other servers so I realize where your ignorance comes from.

Cetellic
03-31-2009, 12:54 AM
I've been to NPulse, Era, and UN, I've played events from those servers, their systems aren't that much of a difference.

maximus_asinus
03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't know what happened, or why you're all bickering. Gladius is right, when there are 40 people online, you should be hosting an event that'll involve everyone. Not everyone is going to wait around for a half hour incase there is a second or third event hosted. There is very little to do when you're not in an event, which is made even worse when half of the people you're normally 'hanging' with are offtag and in an event.

Really the GC team needs to write a guideline to determine what events should be hosted when X amount of players are online. A GC hosting only what they want is selfish, think of the players first.

maximus_asinus
03-31-2009, 01:02 AM
It should be a priority actually. You believe the problem with GC now lies within the GC team and tickets, when the GC team isn't even the case and the tickets are playing a minor role. If other servers already have a higher tech events system, why do they want to play Classic events which run slow and take a very long time and aren't even aware of most event rules?

You seem to ignore the big picture here but you haven't played other servers so I realize where your ignorance comes from.I've discussed this with Nighty, and he has no plans on updating this archaic system. Things like summoning should have been phased out as soon as we got the NPC server. We have the technology, why aren't we utilizing it?

BlackSolider
03-31-2009, 02:33 AM
It seems clel is so overcome by the flood of knowledge I released that he is mistaking his own pain for someone else's. Nonetheless, the only thing I really know from other servers that we could use is on Era where you click the message to join events. No more server summons, no more "i wasnt pming for event" complainers, etc. Beyond that my knowledge is shallow and pedantic, though an update could be useful.

Cetellic
03-31-2009, 02:40 AM
You rinse repeat as usual... look back at some posts of mine, your points have already been solved

BlackSolider
03-31-2009, 02:51 AM
Apparently you didn't read how you prove someone wrong with facts, not opinions. Just because my opinion isn't the same as your opinion, you don't win by stating your opinion. Nice try though clel. I'll keep repeating myself if necessary, even if you can't handle the truth (movie quote)!!!!1

Cetellic
03-31-2009, 02:55 AM
it's not opinion, it's true, if you overhost A, then A will get boring... wow Clel rocks how does he do it O.o?!

WhiteDragon
03-31-2009, 03:06 AM
Guys, please take this to PMs or the GC forums. This thread is for specific suggestions, not arguing.