PDA

View Full Version : Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator!

pooper200000
03-12-2009, 03:21 AM
3:28 EST 03/08/09

Stefan the lead coder of Cyberjoueurs (http://www.cyberjoueurs.com/) (The parent company of Graal Online, and many Iphone applications) posted an application for a news administrator position (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1472371&postcount=1).

The application consisted of five questions, the first of which was,"What is your Graal account name?" This writer chooses to answer the question as pooper200000, more commonly known as Supernanny.

The second question was if the applicant possess gold, and this question must be answered with a resounding,"Yes!"

All of the questions to this point seemed to be almost general Graal application questions, until the third question came about. The question stated,"What is your past experience?" and provided additional detail asking for only relevant experience such as the creation of news, and updates on graal.net (http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Main_Page))

The best way to state this is that the experience of this writer is over enough for the position. Writing experience can be considered many numerous activities, and therefore writers have as much and as little experience as they need. This native English speaking writer's experience consists of adding news for the Zone server, as well as updating miscellaneous articles for the Zone server.

The fourth question stated in the application was one of the most important.
"What would you like to do if given the position?" My best answer would be that I would attempt to visit all of the classic servers, as well as to visit servers under development. An example of a story this writer would put in the news would be for the server dev graal_PuppetMaster. The server recently had an open release, and it turned out to not be exactly what some people were expecting. However, the advertising of this server on Graal.net (http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Main_Page), may have helped the process of pointing developer's to servers in need of assistance.

In addition to posting news, this writer would utilize experience with from being the Zone FAQ chief to work on creating comprehensive new articles, and also this writer would work on expanding some of the current articles. One of the aims of this writer would be adding pictures to the news for particular servers as well as adding information for Graal users with an interest in Graal.

This writer's contribution's would not be limited to only their ability to take screen shots (http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Screenshot). This writer could also use their grammatical prowess and recently installed spell checker. Combined with the above and below proposed services by this writer and also combined with the duties of such a position as the News Administrator position, this writer would be able to handle the duties of a News Administrator.

The last question is a question of clarity, "what makes this applicant unique and better than all the other applicants?" This writer's skills gained through experience from being a staff member on the Zone gold server (http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Worlds), as well as this writer's interpersonal, and intrapersonal skills make the writer an ideal candidate for the position of News Administrator.

Other unique qualities that really make this applicant stand out is the applicant's friendly and positive attitude and intuitive nature. This applicant is able to control their emotions when writing. This writer is in no way perfect with grammar, but this user's hard work and dedication are shown in all aspects of their work. All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team, especially to the Graal News team.
-Written by Supernanny (Pooper200000)

Rufus
03-12-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't get it?

pig132
03-12-2009, 03:26 AM
i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator

pooper200000
03-12-2009, 03:28 AM
I don't get it?

I'm trying to give a more unique application. ^^

i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator

As stated with Stefan's post.

Title: Hiring: News admin

A lot of fun stuff and updates are happening on Graal servers but not a lot of news are added to graal.net (and the serverlist news). For improving that situation it would be good to have some dedicated staff who talk to server staff to being news to graal.net. This is mainly a helper position and will eventually get global level 1 (RC) to be able to talk to staff. The person who is managing this should be someone who comes along nicely with the staff on servers.

Admin is short for administrator.

pig132
03-12-2009, 03:33 AM
i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***

pooper200000
03-12-2009, 03:35 AM
i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***

How does this position have a use? This position has a use by allowing for the graal.net news to be updated more frequently, as some servers do not add their updates to graal.net.

I am applying for the News Administrator position.

thesmoothcriminal
03-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Trying to hard mate

Matt
03-12-2009, 04:03 AM
This is a very unique application, good job. Sounds like you understand the job your applying for, and would be quite good at it. ^^

Unpredlctable
03-12-2009, 04:15 AM
do not confuse pretension with uniqueness

MiniOne
03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.

Clockwork
03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Hell no...in a really nice way.>_<

You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.

>>valuable asset to any Graal team

no.

Dan
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I vote for Supernanny, I guess!

Jesper
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I vote for Supernanny, I guess!

I agree !

Crono
03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Seeing as how these applications are public I assume we're allowed to express our feelings within the rules, with mine being:

Oh god no.

All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team

Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Crimson2005
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
No, can't even mod properly.

Ravenblade1979
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.

Otherwise I would vote for pooper for this job.

Frankie
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.

Ravenblade1979
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.

When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."

Frankie
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."
Huh? I meant give him a break from all these negative posts about the way he did his application.

Dan
03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.

This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.

Elizabeth
03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
no.

Darlene159
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM

This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.I agree.
It is interesting, and well put together. Sort of like an article would be. I like it.

Nataxo
03-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.

Yes, this is a real application. I wouldn't object to other's using it as an example, as the format some of the other applicants take make the applications seem quite dry and boring. One my differences that set me apart from the other applicants is that I like to "spice" things up a little and have fun to a degree! ^^

Hell no...in a really nice way.>_<
You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.

I'd like to just address this and move on with it. I invite any of you (Not trying to single Clockwork out in this instance) who have a problem with my moderation to forum PM me if there is a specific post which you are referring to. I won't ask others to reply for me, but some users have messaged me about their post and I've worked with them.

I try to be reasonable with how I do my job, but my job is to enforce the forum rules. I love suggestions, because if there is a problem with how I am doing my job it gives me insight on how other's feel I do my position.

Your insight allows for me to improve and do a better job in the future. I'm not perfect as I said within my application referring to my grammar, but I can work to improve on anything. We all make mistakes, but the goal is to improve and learn from our mistakes so in the future we don't make the same mistake again.

I like referring to the common analogy,"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Please understand that I'll explain my reasoning to you, but there are some posts that I will not restore.

I agree, my writing isn't always the best. I find entertaining challenge in working to constantly improve my writing and I enjoy shifting my style of writing. I get tired following the same format of communication, and I like to keep things interesting!

The act of keeping the method in which I speak interesting allows for players to to be interested in reading when I speak. If we stick to the same dry format, players are bound to lose interest.

I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.

I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

Rufus
03-13-2009, 01:55 AM
If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

What happens after that?

Nataxo
03-13-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 02:07 AM
What happens after that?
you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 02:11 AM
ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,

If you want to message me some of the specific problems feel free to let me know. I'm unsure if you are resentful of the way I acted at times on Zone, because as the Zone Police it is sometimes necessary to act quickly. At those times, I am not able to reason with you in those instances because it is a time to act, not a time to talk. Part of being the police is that I need to boss people around if there is a problem, usually bossing around those who are the problem so they are aware of their error and will not make it again.

What happens after that?

I'll review the post in question to double check my work and I may ask you for explanation if your post is extremely unclear and if it could be editted to be appropriate. Unless there is an explanation I never really thought of, I'll leave your post deleted. I try not to delete posts to begin with unless I'm sure they should be deleted.

I'll admit I make errors, as I've stated twice within this thread. The trick is to improve and to make no mistakes, or at a minimum less mistakes in the future. I'm not trying to say mistakes are okay, but we all make them and the best opportunity I can find out of a mistake is to learn from the mistake so the mistake will not happen in the future.

I will say I've toned back on my moderation in the past week, an example of which would be that I've tried to relax on the deletion of posts as spam or off topic.

you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored

My job isn't to argue with you if you feel I am in error. I will explain my reasoning and will attempt to clarify with you. After a point if you just make responses that have no value to the argument at all and you are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, I choose to stop responding. I do have superiors for a reason, and I would encourage you if you feel I am not adequately responding to your needs to continue on to speak with either Sam or Darlene.

Imperialistic
03-13-2009, 02:16 AM
The only thing I really question you about is that, 99% of the time, you are on Zone. I highly doubt you even know much about each server, I know if you get the job you can go to each server and see whats going on, but it is always good to have some sort of background on servers right?

kia345
03-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Jumping on the bandwagon of letting our opinions fly, I'll be honest: This application isn't that bad.

Because a majority of the other ones suck too, just for different reasons.

Elizabeth
03-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Jumping on the bandwagon of letting our opinions fly, I'll be honest: This application isn't that bad.

Because a majority of the other ones suck too, just for different reasons.

well it was definately more creative than the other ones, and it actually looks like there was some work put into it, but from his performances as moderator on the forums, i don't think he's suitable for the position.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 02:29 AM
The only thing I really question you about is that, 99 percent of the time, you are on Zone. I highly doubt you even know much about each server, I know if you get the job you can go to each server and see whats going on, but it is always good to have some sort of background on servers right?

I forgot to mention it at the time, but I have experience playing other servers. I've played Graal Kingdoms, Era, and Maloria (For a very short time a long time ago). I've tried playing Zodiac, but lost interest as the server does not appeal to me personally. I've also temporarily managed an under development server for a friend (Jothegreat5555), if that qualifies as experience.

Just because I am unaware of all the servers and their back rounds does not mean I am unable to develop an opinion about the server and to provide news updates for each. Part of the position would be to visit each server and to ask the staff members what some of the recent updates were so I would be able to create news articles.

well it was definately more creative than the other ones, and it actually looks like there was some work put into it, but from his performances as moderator on the forums, i don't think he's suitable for the position.

Once again, if you have suggetions for improvement, as you obviously view me negatively for my moderation, feel free to forum PM me the problem. Discussing deleted posts is not a topic for this thread, and is in violation of the rules.

Nataxo
03-13-2009, 02:30 AM
though I must say, at firsts when I just became ET you where friendly and helpful to me.

Imperialistic
03-13-2009, 02:33 AM
I forgot to mention it at the time, but I have experience playing other servers. I've played Graal Kingdoms, Era, and Maloria (For a very short time a long time ago). I've tried playing Zodiac, but lost interest as the server does not appeal to me personally. I've also temporarily managed an under development server for a friend (Jothegreat5555), if that qualifies as experience.

Just because I am unaware of all the servers and their back rounds does not mean I am unable to develop an opinion about the server and to provide news updates for each. Part of the position would be to visit each server and to ask the staff members what some of the recent updates were so I would be able to create news articles.

As I've already stated, please forum PM me if you have problems with specific posts I have moderated. I do not want to discuss deleted posts in an open forum, in direct violation of the rules.

Once again, if you have suggetions for improvement, as you obviously view me negatively for my moderation, feel free to forum PM me the problem. Discussing deleted posts is not a topic for this thread, and is in violation of the rules.

No offense, the last thing I want to read is an opinion, It would be great if we could have facts.

And another thing maybe the players could have good information too, Graal News doesn't revolve around the staff of the servers.

jkool666
03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Firstly I'd like to say your application is GENIUS. Applying for a news position and posting an application like that? Genius. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot or jealous.

Secondly I'd like to say Supernanny is extremely mature in all aspects of Graal staff that he is apart of. Working with him over the years I can say:
-He is extremely trustworthy with "power" and wouldn't abuse it
-When he agrees to do something for you, you don't need to concern yourself whether it will be done right or not.

But unfortunately, finally I must say, aren't you a little busy to be picking up another Graal occupation?

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 02:35 AM
No offense, the last thing I want to read is an opinion, It would be great if we could have facts.

Of course I would keep my opinions to a minimum, but as I view it, a large part of the position is posting information about the server. As some servers may have content that is interesting, I would surely develop an opinion about that server. My opinion can also be based upon facts and will reflect the facts in my writing. However, my opinion would not interfere negatively with my writing news. I'll try to provide facts though, thank you for the suggestion! :)

And another thing maybe the players could have good information too, Graal News doesn't revolve around the staff of the servers.

I disagree with you on the second part of your post. All staff create news, and therefore Graal news does in turn revolve around the staff of the servers. I am unsure what you mean by good information.

Firstly I'd like to say your application is GENIUS. Applying for a news position and posting an application like that? Genius. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot or jealous.

Secondly I'd like to say Supernanny is extremely mature in all aspects of Graal staff that he is apart of. Working with him over the years I can say:
-He is extremely trustworthy with "power" and wouldn't abuse it
-When he agrees to do somethingfor you, you don't need to concern yourself whether it will be done right or not.

But unfortunately, finally I must say, aren't you a little busy to be picking up another Graal occupation?

Thank you for the kind words.

I am busy with all of my positions, but I do not feel my involvement in another position would keep me from doing my current jobs. If anything, my involvement in such a position could further my knowledge, and in furthering my knowledge I may be able to do my current jobs better.

I would be able to do my current jobs better, because of an increased knowledge of problems within the Graal community. I would inevitably find out about those problems from my exposure to each server. In finding out the problems, I would find the fix to the said problems.

kia345
03-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Creative isn't always good, unless you're generally a creative, fun person. You're not, so this just made you look stupid.

Imperialistic
03-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Overall, It is an interesting application, I like your responses, I just think your experince with Classic and Hosted and even Dev servers are minimum

Elizabeth
03-13-2009, 02:46 AM
As I've already stated, please forum PM me if you have problems with specific posts I have moderated. I do not want to discuss deleted posts in an open forum, in direct violation of the rules.

omg i already did.. i even said it in that post :|

Imperialistic
03-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Of course I would keep my opinions to a minimum, but as I view it, a large part of the position is posting information about the server. As some servers may have content that is interesting, I would surely develop an opinion about that server. My opinion can also be based upon facts and will reflect the facts in my writing. However, my opinion would not interfere negatively with my writing news. I'll try to provide facts though, thank you for the suggestion! :)

I disagree with you on the second part of your post. All staff create news, and therefore Graal news does in turn revolve around the staff of the servers. I am unsure what you mean by good information.

Thank you for the kind words.

I am busy with all of my positions, but I do not feel my involvement in another position would keep me from doing my current jobs. If anything, my involvement in such a position could further my knowledge, and in furthering my knowledge I may be able to do my current jobs better.

I would be able to do my current jobs better, because of an increased knowledge of problems within the Graal community. I would inevitably find out about those problems from my exposure to each server. In finding out the problems, I would find the fix to the said problems.

Well apparently you're all about opinions, I'm pretty sure the community has plenty of them..

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Creative isn't always good, unless you're generally a creative, fun person. You're not, so this just made you look stupid.

Creative isn't always good, but it can provide interest in a post. I can't guarantee I will always have an interesting take on information, but I can certainly try to keep the news interesting to encourage players to read the news.

Overall, It is an interesting application, I like your responses, I just think your experience with Classic and Hosted and even Dev servers are minimum

I really don't believe my experience with the classic, hosted, and under development servers being at your minimum level will interfere with my ability to the job. It would give me a fresh take on everything and I may then notice more factual information to add to the news in addition to the updates added by staff members. An example could be if you stare at a wall with three pictures on it, you may obsess over one picture being crooked. I could notice a detail within the picture you had not already noticed.

omg i already did.. i even said it in that post :|

I would ask you to please message me again, as the message must have been quite some time ago for me to no longer have it.

Well apparently you're all about opinions, I'm pretty sure the community has plenty of them..

I am all about opinions. Opinions would be developed from information within the news, and almost everyone has an opinion on some information. The involvement of my unintentional forming of an opinion would not hinder my efforts to create unbiased articles.

Rufus
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
It's so dorky and not in a "haha that's clever" way, just in a "I feel as though my existence has been insulted" way. I didn't understand what the opening post was supposed to be at first, because it reads like something I would expect from a 11 year old trying to be a smartass.

Here's a few reasons why I don't think you should get the position:
As mentioned, your writing is all over the place. You don't seem to have any quirkiness to your text and I found what you posted really uncomfortable to read for more reasons than one. It's almost as though you're trying too hard, linking keywords as though we don't know what they mean when they're pretty basic. It's condescending and as stated earlier by someone else, pretentious.
You're a gossip and a trouble maker. While these 'qualities' may be great to have for a tabloid newspaper journalist, they certainly aren't appropriate for a game company. You have spread chat logs of administrators to several people I know and deliberately spread rumors about people. This is immature childsplay, but apparently this kind of sleaze is noteworthy to you.
You're a social chameleon and tell the administrators of the game what they want to hear. I feel as though this would make for awfully boring news and would bring about nothing we haven't already got.
While you may have the ability to change your colors for the administrators of the game, you are lacking when it comes to associating with the players. This is very much evident in your excessive moderation of the forums and your responses to forum pm's when inquiring or complaining. I feel as this job will heavily rely upon social interaction at a player level, but if you want to act like you've above players and the moral compass for Graal then you can never truly associate with us.

Elizabeth
03-13-2009, 03:06 AM
I would ask you to please message me again, as the message must have been quite some time ago for me to no longer have it.

.........we had a whole conversation on it

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 03:06 AM
It's so dorky and not in a "haha that's clever" way, just in a "I feel as though my existence has been insulted" way. I didn't understand what the opening post was supposed to be at first, because it reads like something I would expect from a 11 year old trying to be a smartass.

Here's a few reasons why I don't think you should get the position:
As mentioned, your writing is all over the place. You don't seem to have any quirkiness to your text and I found what you posted really uncomfortable to read for more reasons than one. It's almost as though you're trying too hard, linking keywords as though we don't know what they mean when they're pretty basic. It's condescending and as stated earlier by someone else, pretentious.
You're a gossip and a trouble maker. While these 'qualities' may be great to have for a tabloid newspaper journalist, they certainly aren't appropriate for a game company. You have spread chat logs of administrators to several people I know and deliberately spread rumors about people. This is immature childsplay, but apparently this kind of sleaze is noteworthy to you.
You're a social chameleon and tell the administrators of the game what they want to hear. I feel as though this would make for awfully boring news and would bring about nothing we haven't already got.
While you may have the ability to change your colors for the administrators of the game, you are lacking when it comes to associating with the players. This is very much evident in your excessive moderation of the forums and your responses to forum pm's when inquiring or complaining. I feel as this job will heavily rely upon social interaction at a player level, but if you want to act like you've above players and the moral compass for Graal then you can never truly associate with us.

I linked to words, as providing links can often times allow for players who may not be posting on the forums to understand some of the abbreviations we use.

I disagree with your statements of being a gossip and trouble maker. While I am unsure what exactly you mean by spread, I will admit to having shared chat logs. As is part of my position on Zone, I feel it necessary to share chat logs with my superiors when they request the history. I have also chosen to give information from history to players, as I often will copy information from the history of one player to send to another in instances of similiar information.

I do not recall deliberately spreading rumors, as a rumor could be one of many things. If you are saying I speak good of others, this is true. I am respectful of all people.

As far as your comments go about me being a social chameleon, I adapt to speak with each person in a manner that is favorable to them.

For example if someone doesn't like to talk about cheese, I won't bring up cheese, but instead may bring up their favorite (Once again, I am English. Not their favourite to me) food. I call this being sociable and it allows me to better interact with players and staff as a whole.

I am able to associate with players, but it is at times necessary with my moderation to act. I'm not above the players, I am exactly the opposite. I am below the players.

As I have told some of the Zone staff, becoming a staff member does not make you better than everyone else. It only makes you lower, because you must work to do a good job and must make wise decisions.

Acting as a staff member, when players lack the ability to act only alienates one from the players. As I've already responded, and as you have stated, I have a "chameleon personality" and this personality would allow for me to interact better with the players to be at a level only slightly lower than them.

Rufus
03-13-2009, 03:20 AM
I linked to words, as providing links can often times allow for players who may not be posting on the forums to understand some of the abbreviations we use.

The words you have highlighted are not abbreviations, they're pretty basic terms. You highlighted them as though people don't know what a "screenshot" or what a "server" is? What kind of people do you think the players are? They're not idiots, so what you posted was very condescending.

I disagree with your statements of being a gossip and trouble maker. While I am unsure what exactly you mean by spread, I will admit to having shared chat logs. As is part of my position on Zone, I feel it necessary to share chat logs with my superiors when they request the history.

I do not recall deliberately spreading rumors, as a rumor could be one of many things.

To be fair this is a load of rubbish and completely different to what you said in a private message to me a few months ago when I brought it up. According to the rules and for the purpose of this application discussion I can always pull up some logs if you give me permission? I can't see that happening though for some reason. Neither myself nor Crono are staff on Zone, we don't need to know what certain staff are saying or doing, you really shouldn't be telling us, and we're not the only people to receive such content.

As far as your comments go about me being a social chameleon, I adapt to speak with each person in a manner that is favorable to them.

For example if someone doesn't like to talk about cheese, I won't bring up cheese, but instead may bring up their favorite food. I call this being sociable and it allows me to better interact with players and staff as a whole.

You've basically just agreed with what I said yet the example you gave pretty much has nothing to do with it.

I am able to associate with players, but it is at times necessary with my moderation to act. I'm not above the players, I am exactly the opposite.

You're not, and it is pretty evident by how much they ostracize you.

I am below the players.

I know, but that's not what you think you are.

As I have told some of the Zone staff, becoming a staff member does not make you better than everyone else. It only makes you lower, because you must work to do a good job and must make wise decisions.

Here we have a prime example of you saying something to score points with administrators. This isn't a Miss World contest. Instead of responding with what I've said with blatant lies and one-liners that might make you look good, why don't you try responding with the actual truth and reality here? Staff are never below players and if you treat responsibility as a negative then why are you even applying? It's a really immature mindset.

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 03:26 AM
what is a server?
My job isn't to argue with you if you feel I am in error. I will explain my reasoning and will attempt to clarify with you. After a point if you just make responses that have no value to the argument at all and you are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, I choose to stop responding. I do have superiors for a reason, and I would encourage you if you feel I am not adequately responding to your needs to continue on to speak with either Sam or Darlene.
I didn't say it was your job. It's still a **** move, bro.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 03:38 AM
The words you have highlighted are not abbreviations, they're pretty basic terms. You highlighted them as though people don't know what a "screenshot" or what a "server" is? What kind of people do you think the players are? They're not idiots, so what you posted was very condescending.

I am posting what you consider basic terms. To some users, especially those new to the forums and Graal in general, they may not be familiar with those terms.

To be fair this is a load of rubbish and completely different to what you said in a private message to me a few months ago when I brought it up. I can always bring up logs if you give me permission according to the rules, but I can't see that happening for some reason. Neither myself nor Crono are staff on Zone, we don't need to know what certain staff are saying or doing.

I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously. You seem intent on slandering me as an individual and I will not give you further "ammunition" to attack me on. My goal is not to promote conflict, my goal is gather news and get along with those on the servers I visit.

I do not remember this being completely different from a few months ago. All I remember was you insulting me repeatedly for information that must have been shared to you previously anyway. It seems quite hypocritical to debate such a point. You then also continued to attack my via forum PMs when the chat in game was not enough for you, as I refused to engage in the conflict.

You've basically just agreed with what I said yet the example you gave pretty much has nothing to do with it.
My example had everything to do with it. I try to individualize myself to each person, as a method to prevent conflict, and to be personable. If someone does not like to speak of a specific topic, I would not repeatedly bring it up just to agitate them. Instead I would bring up another topic, such as their favorite food, that they would rather speak about. I promote conversation and interaction within reason.

You're not, and it is pretty evident by how much they ostracize you.

I disagree, as I am able to get along with the same players who apparently ostracize me completely fine in game.

I know, but that's not what you think you are.

How do you know what I think I am? You admit that I use that example, and I use the example because it is what I think I am. Perhaps you are mistaken in your reasoning, but I am sure I know what I think I am.

Here we have a prime example of you saying something to score points with administrators. This isn't a Miss World contest. Instead of responding with what I've said with blatant lies and one-liners that might make you look good, why don't you try responding with the actual truth and reality here? Staff are never below players and if you treat responsibility as a negative then why are you even applying? It's a really immature mindset.

I am not aiming to "score points" with the administrators. I know it isn't a Miss World contest, but it is how I feel about the issue. If you disagree, that is fine, but my those are my opinions. I'm not trying to look good, I say what I think. The actual truth and relatity here is that staff members are set apart from the players by their additional rights. Being set apart does not make one better, it only alienates them from those who will object to their performing their job.

I don't treat responsibility as negative. I simply stated that being staff does not make you above the players, that it sets you below the players. It sets you below the players, and it is necessary to give additional effort on the staff's part to work with the players. Apparently it is an immature mindset, but I look as staff being a hard position, and I don't look at it negatively.

I don't look at something for its negativity. I look first for that which is good. Afterward if it is necessary, as may be shown in releasing a product on a server, I address the flaws.

what is a server?

I would recommend reading my post and the links provided Unpredlctable, if you don't know what a server is.

If you disagree with the way I act in response to arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps you should do as I suggested and forum PM Darlene or Sam? I didn't say it was my job, I was stating that it isn't my job to argue with you for the sake of arguing over nothing.

Rufus
03-13-2009, 03:42 AM
I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously.

Point proven.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Point proven.

I would like to provide this as an example. If this was an issue of moderation, I would cease to reply and would defer to Darlene or Sam to act.

I sometimes drop these issues because the issue becomes he says this, and I say that. I then leave it to Darlene or Sam to act, as they are able to act and review an issue.

At this point it isn't arguing, it is just someone stating their belief and me replying with my own belief.

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 03:49 AM
I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously.

Point proven.
:noob:
I would recommend reading my post and the links provided Unpredlctable, if you don't know what a server is.
what is a screen shotte
If you disagree with the way I act in response to arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps you should do as I suggested and forum PM Darlene or Sam? I didn't say it was my job, I was stating that it isn't my job to argue with you for the sake of arguing over nothing.
PMing Darlene or Sam will get about as much done as... well, as talking to you, actually. You keep on saying that I'm "arguing for the sake of arguing" when in reality, what's happening is you're being to stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

And I know that you it wasn't your job, that's why I said it. Holy ****.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 03:55 AM
what is a screen shotte

PMing Darlene or Sam will get about as much done as... well, as talking to you, actually.

I would again suggest reading the links within the application.

Perhaps PMing Darlene or Sam will get as much done as speaking to me, as they have the same understanding as I do?

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 03:58 AM
what is a graal
Perhaps PMing Darlene or Sam will get as much done as speaking to me, as they have the same understanding as I do?
hahahaha

Crono
03-13-2009, 04:12 AM
what is a server?

You just proved Rufus' point that you cannot associate well with the players. Dalton was clearly joking, any of us could have identified it.

DarkRenji
03-13-2009, 04:22 AM
no because your account name is pooper

i kid i kid

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 04:24 AM
You just proved Rufus' point that you cannot associate well with the players. Dalton was clearly joking, any of us could have identified it.

I can associate meaning get along with. I chose to ignore his Dalton's sarcasm because it is not beneficial to this application. Dalton is only asking questions he knows the answer to because he wants to be a smart alex and Dalton also wants to support Rufus' point.

You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

Crono
03-13-2009, 04:38 AM
You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

How did I prove your point at all? You're even worse ingame so I don't know if your ingame character is supposed to be redeeming or something.

Matt
03-13-2009, 05:05 AM

If you were hired for this position, you'll be required obviously to be involved 'in-game' to fulfill such duties/assignments. There is no difference when your talking about working for a company (even if it is Graal). The way you represent yourself does matter, in-game, or on these forums. Seems as if you have an 'alter-ego'.

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 05:11 AM
So then you're two faced? NICE.

Clockwork
03-13-2009, 06:45 AM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47691&d=1236919540

MiniOne
03-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm going to agree with jkool (Jesse), your maturity is a obvious stand out, as well as your ability to form understandable sentences which many other players don't seem to possess the ability to do. I also enjoy talking to you both on forums and ingame so I'm all for you getting this job, though I believe Nat seems to be more experienced in this particular field.

Your Application was unique and in ways a work of art, and I personally think you'd do a great job :) Therefore I believe you deserve the job.

pooper200000
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
How did I prove your point at all? You're even worse ingame so I don't know if your ingame character is supposed to be redeeming or something.

Interacting on the forums is much different from interacting in the game. As a member of the forums, I find myself speaking less frequently on the forums than I would if I were in game. Perhaps that can clear that up.

If you were hired for this position, you'll be required obviously to be involved 'in-game' to fulfill such duties/assignments. There is no difference when your talking about working for a company (even if it is Graal). The way you represent yourself does matter, in-game, or on these forums. Seems as if you have an 'alter-ego'.

You could say I have an alter-ego, but I would consider it more that I try to be personal when speaking to others. I represent myself the same on the forums as I do in game, but I change how I interact with others in an effort to be more personable.

Communicating in the game can often times be different that communicating on the forums or communicating via PMs. This is how I would consider myself different.

So then you're two faced? NICE.

As I've already admitted, I try to be personal. If being personal is two faced, I am guilty as charged.

I find that being personal is an excellent trait because it allows for one to interact with others while also drawing one's own opinions.

Elizabeth
03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
smart alex

wut

ur doin it rong, bein harassd isn't favorable 2 me

i enjoyed reading this thread.
you've been contradicting yourself the whole time, 'pooper200000'.

thesmoothcriminal
03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Too many roles. Give it to someone who has no other responsibilities

Elizabeth
03-13-2009, 03:13 PM

give it to clockwork or chompy because i always get them confused

Unpredlctable
03-13-2009, 07:20 PM
As I've already admitted, I try to be personal. If being personal is two faced, I am guilty as charged.

I find that being personal is an excellent trait because it allows for one to interact with others while also drawing one's own opinions.
There's a huge difference between being two-faced and being "personal". There's being an all-around honestly nice guy and then there's changing how you act in every situation so you appeal better to each individual person. First time you randomly PMed on Graal, you sounded like a ****ing telemarketer, pal. Felt like I was being surveyed for chrissakes.

Crono
03-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Interacting on the forums is much different from interacting in the game. As a member of the forums, I find myself speaking less frequently on the forums than I would if I were in game. Perhaps that can clear that up.

We don't need someone who has multiple personalities (along with a number of other problems such as two faced, snitch, etc) to be our News Admin. We need someone consistent and trustworthy who can bring something real to the position.

pooper200000
03-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Wouldn't it be better to give a position to someone who already has responsibilities? It proves they are capable of handling such a responsibility.

wut

ur doin it rong, bein harassd isn't favorable 2 me

i enjoyed reading this thread.
you've been contradicting yourself the whole time, 'pooper200000'.

I haven't been contradicting myself. I've been answering those who object to me being given the position and respond to their concerns.

There's a huge difference between being two-faced and being "personal". There's being an all-around honestly nice guy and then there's changing how you act in every situation so you appeal better to each individual person. First time you randomly PMed on Graal, you sounded like a ****ing telemarketer, pal. Felt like I was being surveyed for chrissakes.

There is a difference between being two-faced and being personal. Being two faced would be to speak with a person and then to act completely against them. I am personal in that I will speak with one person, but I will not tell them what I think of another person unless that person would not mind. I am careful with my words and I try to avoid offending anyone.

I think my messaging you on Graal portrays my interest in interacting with others. I remember finding amusement from some of your posts on the forums and I really learned a lot of information from you.

I remember specifically stating when speaking with you that I enjoy finding out everyone else's opinions. This shows my consistency in wondering what is going on with other servers and it proves my curiosity as to what is happening on a global scale.

I also asked you in those messages if Unholy Nation had updated recently. I also learned about your back round from playing on Classic and that you left classic because nothing was really happening.

You may have felt like I was a telemarketer, but I learned from you and your experience. I was capable of interacting with you, and you seemed capable of interacting with me.

We don't need someone who has multiple personalities (along with a number of other problems such as two faced, snitch, etc) to be our News Admin. We need someone consistent and trustworthy who can bring something real to the position.

I don't have multiple personalities, I'm personal. I admit I am a snitch. If there is a staff member who proves to me on a consistent basis they are not able to perform the duties because of instances such as abuse, I of course report them. I think that shows dedication because I'm able to put aside personal bias and act appropriately.

I bring something real to the position. I bring an application that is unique from the other applications. I think my application was a breath of fresh air because it didn't follow the same dry format.

The application proves I understand when one format of communication does not work and that I am versatile in my communication. My versatility proves I am able to attract others to read something even if they may have the misconception that it is the "same old same old."

I bring to the table my experience as a Zone staff member, and the trust and consistency I have earned on Zone. As Jesse said, I'm mature and trustworthy with power. Jesse has been around for Zone on ages and if I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be GP.

Dan has managed Zone and has given me the privilege of being the Zone GP. Dan was at first unsure in his decision for me to be GP in part due to abuse of previous staff members, but over time I proved my ability to perform the position.

As is shown, the Zone staff know I am responsible with my rights. My past history on Zone with staff members abusing on me shows I am reluctant to abuse those same rights.

I am also consistent in my responsibility and often interact with the players of Zone through all of my roles. I rarely run into problems and I'm a generally cheery and perky person. At times I do have to act serious and am able to do this easily.

The real traits I bring to the position are:

Not abusing power and acting responsibly with the power I am given.
Enthusiasm to do a great job and versatility to improve to most standards!
Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
Solidity in my interactions with others and an interest in learning.

Those skills prove I am capable of handling the position of being a news administrator. Abuse wouldn't be a problem with me, and I'm enthusiastic, and energetic for the position! I'm versatile and that is a necessity to adapt to keep interest in reading the news.

I have maturity I have gained from being a staff member on Graal, and I am solid in my interactions with others. Coupled with my interest in learning, it shows I am willing to put in hard work to do an excellent job.

LordSquirt
03-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Wouldn't it be better to give a position to someone who already has responsibilities? It proves they are capable of handling such a responsibility.

That's not always true. People who have more than one responsibility usually tend to focus on one while forgetting the others. I noticed that this is pretty frequent among staff players who have more than one job on a server. I tend to like it more if a person focuses on ONE job instead of many.

thesmoothcriminal
03-14-2009, 01:21 AM

O no you didnt just do that

Crono
03-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Being two faced would be to speak with a person and then to act completely against them.

Which is exactly what you've done in the past.

I enjoy finding out everyone else's opinions.

You do it so you can gossip about it to other people.

I admit I am a snitch.

Players don't need to have a News Admin that's a snitch and two-faced. That's an awful combination, and your tendency to enjoy gossiping doesn't help either.

I bring something real to the position. I bring an application that is unique from the other applications. I think my application was a breath of fresh air because it didn't follow the same dry format.

Ok you didn't understand my point at all. Let's just say that "real" is one of the last words you should ever use to describe yourself.

The application proves I understand when one format of communication does not work and that I am versatile in my communication. My versatility proves I am able to attract others to read something even if they may have the misconception that it is the "same old same old."

Your application was a horrible read, says this writer.

I bring to the table my experience as a Zone staff member, and the trust and consistency I have earned on Zone. As Jesse said, I'm mature and trustworthy with power. Jesse has been around for Zone on ages and if I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be GP.

Snitches aren't trustworthy, and you're not consistent (a reference to your personality which you've already admitted changes between the next person you must suck up to).

You're GP on Zone because you've been there for a long time. You constantly tried to get on every staff member's good side, and this is how you ultimately became a FAQ. There was no real competition either, everyone else that was even remotely competent was already an ET.

Dan has managed Zone and has given me the privilege of being the Zone GP. Dan was at first unsure in his decision for me to be GP in part due to abuse of previous staff members, but over time I proved my ability to perform the position.

Did you also prove your ability to talk behind his back? Because that's all you did when you gossiped to Rufus and myself, and I'm sure you did it back to him about us.

Dan knows what I'm talking about. Trust me.

At times I do have to act serious and am able to do this easily.

The real traits I bring to the position are:

LOL

pooper200000
03-14-2009, 02:15 AM
That's not always true. People who have more than one responsibility usually tend to focus on one while forgetting the others. I noticed that this is pretty frequent among staff players who have more than one job on a server. I tend to like it more if a person focuses on ONE job instead of many.

It isn't always true, I agree. It is usually a problem with server to server jobs, and I'm assuming your experience is with Era and from developing. Some people aren't able to handle multiple positions, but there are some who are able to. The trick with having multiple jobs is to spread your time evenly and not to take on too many jobs.

I'm capable of handling another position, and I don't believe I would be over extending myself by taking on this job if I am given the opportunity. I am careful when I commit myself and I don't commit beyond my means.

Which is exactly what you've done in the past.

You do it so you can gossip about it to other people.

Players don't need to have a News Admin that's a snitch and two-faced. That's an awful combination, and your tendency to enjoy gossiping doesn't help either.
Players need someone able to do the job, and someone who is able to voice their opinions. If there is someone not doing their job, I have no problems to contact me superiors. As I've stated, I'm not two-faced, I'm personal.

I don't enjoy gossiping, I don't even participate in gossiping. Perhaps you are referring to the messages Rufus sent me. I've already said, Rufus' interest more times than not seems to be to promote negativity and to attack me. I of course choose not to listen or speak with someone who treats me so poorly.
Ok you didn't understand my point at all. Let's just say that "real" is one of the last words you should ever use to describe yourself.
I'm real. I'm honest. If there is a problem, I'll admit it. I don't see what is so confusing about this.
Your application was a horrible read, says this writer/
This writer says that the application was unique from the other applications. This application provided a large amount of variety not shown in other applications.

Snitches aren't trustworthy, and you're not consistent (a reference to your personality which you've already admitted changes between the next person you must suck up to).

Snitches are trustworthy. A snitch is someone who will report someone for not doing their job. I am personable, thank you for noticing! I don't suck up, unless sucking up is to state my opinions. If I have an opinion and you are against it so be it. My opinion won't hinder my ability to make just decisions.

You're GP on Zone because you've been there for a long time. You constantly tried to get on every staff member's good side, and this is how you ultimately became a FAQ. There was no real competition either, everyone else that was even remotely competent was already an ET.
Yes, I have been on Zone for a long time. I've been consistently online and active. I do try to get on everyone's good side, and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.

There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team.

Did you also prove your ability to talk behind his back? Because that's all you did when you gossiped to Rufus and myself, and I'm sure you did it back to him about us.

Dan knows what I'm talking about. Trust me.

Dan knows I have had a problem for quite some time with how he manages. This does not mean we can not get along and that we can not work together. I didn't gossip to yourself and Rufus, I stated my opinions when you confronted me about it.

If you are defining talking behinds someone's back as to tell the said person you have a problem with what they are doing and to consistently tell others the same thing, that is not a problem. That is admitting there is a problem.

You and Rufus seem to draw far off conclusions for just about everything, and I rarely seeing you having any type of positive outlook. You extenuate the negative, and it is quite tiring to those of us who enjoy looking for a shred of good.

Clockwork
03-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Facts are you're arguing with players about how good YOU think YOU think you are for the job, then if you get it, expect to simply ask them (alot of these people are developers) for news and expect an answer.

"...and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.
There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team."

No, I was there. You were simply popular, at least at the time. A couple months before it had happened you were also showing off speed-hacks for zone.

edit: Made a funny picture thing! :D! http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47727&d=1237004265

Imperialistic
03-14-2009, 05:13 AM

Scratch Graal and insert Zone.

Fixed it for you Supernanny:

Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Zone.

thesmoothcriminal
03-14-2009, 06:47 AM
For this job you NEED to be liked if your going to get people to talk to you.

Its obvious that your not popular among some.

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Just pointing out everyone's most likely been 'two faced' in a point in their lives. Anyway I believe Clockwork (Aeko) would do a great job :D
It seems that people dislike you and this may make obtaining information about certain servers more difficult.

xXziroXx
03-14-2009, 12:21 PM
While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

pooper200000
03-14-2009, 02:36 PM
"...and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.
There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team."

No, I was there. You were simply popular, at least at the time. A couple months before it had happened you were also showing off speed-hacks for zone.

I don't think you were involved enough that you knew who some of the candidates were Clockwork.

My account password was given out and I've gone through all the processes. That was years ago. I changed my password and my account is now computer locked. We all make mistakes.

For this job you NEED to be liked if your going to get people to talk to you.

Its obvious that your not popular among some.

You don't need to be liked to do this position. You just have to be able to collect news. Regardless, I believe I am liked, but I feel there are many who also dislike me in part due to my moderation.

It seems that people dislike you and this may make obtaining information about certain servers more difficult.

Some people may dislike me, but I can still obtain information. It just shows that some people may hold grudges against me for things I must have done in the past that somehow hurt them. I can't help that some of these people hold personal grudges and feel the need to attack me for them. What I can do is persevere and work hard to prove I am capable of performing at such a position.

While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

I can't speak for any personality change. I don't manipulate people and I'm sorry you feel I may have done that. I strongly disagree with your statement that I would do more harm than good. While it can be disputed because of the lack of specifics as to what rights the news admin will be given, I feel there is little to abuse. If I had an interest in abusing or causing negative harm to the community, I would no longer be a part of the community.

I've stated throughout this thread all of the qualities that make me a great candidate. The whole point of this position is to update news for many servers such as the classic servers. I consider myself able to do this.

Elizabeth
03-14-2009, 03:17 PM

i don't even know why he was given the moderator position. first, we all know that he's two-faced, as a lot of us have been saying in this thread. next, he makes a rule against abbreviations. he then gets hired, there's an uproar, and he's been deleting posts unfairly.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
How many servers have you played Supernanny?

Clockwork
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Same could be said about you though, I have noticed a huge personality change in you ever since you've joined maloria (or perhaps you were just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

Crono
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't enjoy gossiping, I don't even participate in gossiping. Perhaps you are referring to the messages Rufus sent me. I've already said, Rufus' interest more times than not seems to be to promote negativity and to attack me. I of course choose not to listen or speak with someone who treats me so poorly.

Yes you do enjoy it. You used to always AIM me years ago about the most random stuff that's going on and would always ask me for my opinion on it. Last year or so you were constantly gossiping about Dan and talking behind his back while working for him on Zone. I'm sure you turned around and did the same against us to Dan as well and don't try to deny it because Rufus and I both have the chat logs to prove it.

I'm real. I'm honest. If there is a problem, I'll admit it. I don't see what is so confusing about this.

You're nothing but a fake. Your personalities are fake, most of what you say is fake (because it's been twisted to favor whoever you're speaking to), and everything about you screams "fake".

This writer says that the application was unique from the other applications. This application provided a large amount of variety not shown in other applications.

This writer doesn't care for unique, this writer prefers quality originality in favor of unique. This writer believes pooper200000's writing was not creaitive at all but rather cliche and what this writer expected to see from this forum.

Snitches are trustworthy. A snitch is someone who will report someone for not doing their job. I am personable, thank you for noticing! I don't suck up, unless sucking up is to state my opinions. If I have an opinion and you are against it so be it. My opinion won't hinder my ability to make just decisions.

HOW CAN A SNITCH BE TRUSTWORTHY LOL, think about what you said again as I don't think you know what a snitch is.

You constantly sucked up to Huwajux and myself, never leaving our sides in 2005. You were actually becomming quite annoying as you were constantly "on us". If Huwa still posted he could probably vouch for my point.

I didn't gossip to yourself and Rufus, I stated my opinions when you confronted me about it.

If you are defining talking behinds someone's back as to tell the said person you have a problem with what they are doing and to consistently tell others the same thing, that is not a problem. That is admitting there is a problem.

You and Rufus seem to draw far off conclusions for just about everything, and I rarely seeing you having any type of positive outlook. You extenuate the negative, and it is quite tiring to those of us who enjoy looking for a shred of good.

You've always gossiped to me, and don't act like your interaction with Rufus and myself is the first time you've spoken to me. I've known you way before Bomy Island was around and I know how you are.

All you did was talk to Rufus and I about how much you weren't happy with Dan and pretended to side with us. Then on the other hand you would do the same for Dan. It's not surprising really as you've always been this way.

Give some examples of Rufus and myself drawing "far off conclusions for just about everything". Really, do it. Just because we're realistic and tell it like it is doesn't mean we try to be negative. It means we're honest, a concept you have yet to grasp.

(or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

Exactly.

Ravenblade1979
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I have to admit that I have seen this side of Supernanny. He can be quite 2 faced at times but that still shouldn't stop him from getting this job if they hire him.

@SN: Remember I have seen this side of you when you got let go a few times from zone. You were bashing the higher staff pretty bad so don't pretend your a saint. Your far from it. Still hope you get the job tho.

Deeek
03-14-2009, 07:33 PM
You don't need to be liked to do this position. You just have to be able to collect news. Regardless, I believe I am liked, but I feel there are many who also dislike me in part due to my moderation.

Some people may dislike me, but I can still obtain information.

I've stated throughout this thread all of the qualities that make me a great candidate. The whole point of this position is to update news for many servers such as the classic servers. I consider myself able to do this.
You're missing the point, man. Your qualifications for this position are considerable, yeah. So what? Anyone and their dog can report news. If you're going to be disliked then people who dislike you aren't going to do what you want - that is, read your news. That makes you useless.
From what I've read in this thread, I seriously hope you don't get this position.

Imperialistic
03-14-2009, 11:18 PM
LOLWTF

snitches = trustworthy?

Snitch = betrayer, source, sneak, rip off, leak.

xXziroXx
03-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Same could be said about you though, I have noticed a huge personality change in you ever since you've joined maloria (or perhaps you were just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

This thread isn't about you, nor me, and if anything, I've learnt how to see things from more perspectives then just one.

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 11:30 PM
SN has a lot of good points, though seems to be disliked because of his position as moderator. Correct?

Imperialistic
03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
MiniOne, maybe you should start from Page 1 of 6, and start reading them..

If you imply that it is because of his moderator position you have problems.

pooper200000
03-15-2009, 12:31 AM
i don't even know why he was given the moderator position. first, we all know that he's two-faced, as a lot of us have been saying in this thread. next, he makes a rule against abbreviations. he then gets hired, there's an uproar, and he's been deleting posts unfairly.
If you have problems with my moderation forum PM me. You always say I make a rule against abbreviation, however I made a rule and it was removed. Darlene initially approved all of those rules, but it was only after you all made an uproar it was removed. It was made because some users were using abbreviations to attack others while some users were acting usually abbreviations for logical purposes. Basically, I had a basis for my actions.

How many servers have you played Supernanny?

I've played Era, Sands of Glory (If that counts), GK, Zone, Symphonia, Esteria. Those would be servers I know I have at least 50 hours if not more on. Servers I've just tried would be Zodiac, Classic, Valikorlia, Unholy Nation, and Maloria.

You guys seem to think my whole goal in life is to manipulate others. This is not true. You make it sound like I say to myself,"Hmmm. Who shall I manipulate today? Oh I'll manipulate that guy! He seems stupid!" That is entirely not the case, and those of you who know me from working with me on Zone actually know me. I don't think any of you who have interacted with me on a non daily basis outside of Zone know me well enough to judge me. That is because I would consider know being to interact with and see me on a day to day basis.

Yes you do enjoy it. You used to always AIM me years ago about the most random stuff that's going on and would always ask me for my opinion on it. Last year or so you were constantly gossiping about Dan and talking behind his back while working for him on Zone. I'm sure you turned around and did the same against us to Dan as well and don't try to deny it because Rufus and I both have the chat logs to prove it.
So you admit that I was interested in what was going on? That I would ask for other people I respected for their opinions?

I didn't gossip about Dan or talk behind his back. Dan knows I have had problems with his management style. You are Rufus are both capable of creating chat logs. I wouldn't past Rufus to make even more rude and insulting remarks past the remarks he has already made.

You're nothing but a fake. Your personalities are fake, most of what you say is fake (because it's been twisted to favor whoever you're speaking to), and everything about you screams "fake".

I disagree. I'm an honest person and people who have actually interacted with me know that.

This writer doesn't care for unique, this writer prefers quality originality in favor of unique. This writer believes pooper200000's writing was not creaitive at all but rather cliche and what this writer expected to see from this forum.

I think this is what it all comes down to. No one will ever be good enough to meet your or Rufus' standards. This is why interesting projects such as Bomy Island will never be completed. The projects can be done right, but they will never meet up to your and Rufus' standards. You are both so focused on having perfection that can't always be achieved. You choose to focus on the problems in everything created instead of providing any positive interest in such a topic.

HOW CAN A SNITCH BE TRUSTWORTHY LOL, think about what you said again as I don't think you know what a snitch is.

Perhaps you can explain exactly what a snitch is since I obviously seem to have the wrong impression?

You constantly sucked up to Huwajux and myself, never leaving our sides in 2005. You were actually becomming quite annoying as you were constantly "on us". If Huwa still posted he could probably vouch for my point.

I disagree. I never did leave your sides. I didn't suck up, I asked questions; I stated my opinions. I may have been annoying but I learned from you. Your post proves I am consistent and persistent in doing what I think is right. This only further proves my capability for such a position.

You've always gossiped to me, and don't act like your interaction with Rufus and myself is the first time you've spoken to me. I've known you way before Bomy Island was around and I know how you are.

No, my interactions with Rufus and yourself aren't the first time I've spoken with either of you. However my interactions are not broad as you also seem to portray them to be. You thought you knew me from before Bomy Island, but you were too focused on doing things I disagreed with. I disagreed because I didn't think such topics were acceptable, such as abuse as a Zone ET. Therefore, you don't know me like you make it out to be.

All you did was talk to Rufus and I about how much you weren't happy with Dan and pretended to side with us. Then on the other hand you would do the same for Dan. It's not surprising really as you've always been this way.

No, it wasn't all I did. I focused on developing for Zone debug. I worked as a FAQ on Zone. I constantly hosted events. You make it out like I did nothing, but all I did was state my opinions when asked. You really don't know me at all, because we never got along. Don't act like there isn't a history that you created between us because of your dislike of my curiosity.

Give some examples of Rufus and myself drawing "far off conclusions for just about everything". Really, do it. Just because we're realistic and tell it like it is doesn't mean we try to be negative. It means we're honest, a concept you have yet to grasp.

I don't feel the need to point out and give attention to negativity. I will point out that I am having an extreme amount of difficult finding any positive posts made by Rufus. You call Rufus a realist, but surely a realist would understand the impact they have had.

I have to admit that I have seen this side of Supernanny. He can be quite 2 faced at times but that still shouldn't stop him from getting this job if they hire him.

While I don't want to delve into this, you saw me that way because I had a problem with you. I didn't agree with how you carried out your position and I wasn't afraid to tell Dan, or anyone for that matter, that I didn't like how you were performing your duties.

@SN: Remember I have seen this side of you when you got let go a few times from zone. You were bashing the higher staff pretty bad so don't pretend your a saint. Your far from it. Still hope you get the job tho.
Yes, all the times I was let go. Lets go through this time.
I was angry when I was removed as ET over my spring break, as I had e-mailed Dan about my vacation months in advance.

Raven you know it as well as I, I am not afraid to tell someone if I have a problem with them. I did tell you problems that I deduced with my analysis. I'm not a saint, I would totally agree.

You're missing the point, man. Your qualifications for this position are considerable, yeah. So what? Anyone and their dog can report news. If you're going to be disliked then people who dislike you aren't going to do what you want - that is, read your news. That makes you useless.
From what I've read in this thread, I seriously hope you don't get this position.

People who have problems with me have addressed their problems, but just as they have addressed their problems, I believe those same people would read the news. Those people would look for errors they would not find, because I do a good job.

If people didn't care or think I don't have the potential to be able to perform the position, they would have stated their point once and would have left it at that. Those viewing the applications could then take their points into consideration. However some people find it necessary to continually reply and they continually reply because they know that there is another side, the correct side, that I am presenting. If it isn't because they know I'm providing the correct analysis, why would it be necessary for anyone to remake their points multiple times?

Ah I would like to point this out as well. You seem to have the impression that if you are disliked people will not read the news. Would the same hold true for this application? It currently has the most views of any of the applications (883) and if people didn't like me, why would they find it necessary to view and reply to the posts in this thread? Even if people don't like me, it is apparent that they care if I have the position because they have viewed this thread.

The reason I believe this thread got as many views as it did is because it is a good application and has gained attention. Even those who criticize me say that I created a good application. The other reason I got my application is because there are those who dislike me and have stated there reasons for why they believe I shouldn't be given the position. I've replied and responded to these complaints, as I believe many of them have a false basis on which they were made.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 01:16 AM
The reason I believe this thread got as many views as it did is because it is a good application and has gained attention.

I'm not taking a side here, but you can't be that naive. People have viewed this thread for the same reason I have: it keeps showing up as having new posts.

I do not believe that it matters who writes the news, so long as it written in a way I like. On client, I do not know who writes the news. On the news pages on the wiki, I do not know who writes the news. The only to know who writes the news is to go in to the page's history, and if I care that much, then I'm just an immature idiot.

This "News Administrator" is just a fluff position. No extra authority is granted, aside from the possibility that the person gets a global RC with the amazing power of chatting. It's grunt work that anybody with the right subscription could do, but doesn't really want to do. I believe that the only reason people have applied for the position is because they want to have an official title, because that's the only thing separating those people from any regular person adding news.

In short: all this fit throwing and arguing is over nothing, really. It doesn't matter who writes the news, because (1) the news doesn't depend on who's writing it, and (2) you'll never see the persons name unless you go looking for it. How many people actually read the news, anyways? I know I don't.

pooper200000
03-15-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm not taking a side here, but you can't be that naive. People have viewed this thread for the same reason I have: it keeps showing up as having new posts.

I'd like to point out more to this post. I'm not being naive, however I'm ignoring that obvious reason. Of course people will view the thread that shows first, but people continued to view it when it was not the thread on top. The reasons this thread kept getting posted in was because people had something to say about it. The reason the thread was viewed was because it was posted in. It is circular logic.

I do not believe that it matters who writes the news, so long as it written in a way I like. On client, I do not know who writes the news. On the news pages on the wiki, I do not know who writes the news. The only to know who writes the news is to go in to the page's history, and if I care that much, then I'm just an immature idiot.

It is good to have one consistent person who has the title.

This "News Administrator" is just a fluff position. No extra authority is granted, aside from the possibility that the person gets a global RC with the amazing power of chatting. It's grunt work that anybody with the right subscription could do, but doesn't really want to do. I believe that the only reason people have applied for the position is because they want to have an official title, because that's the only thing separating those people from any regular person adding news/

I think that you pose a good question. If this is a helper position will this person be granted additional rights?
I'd rather see someone who lacks rights so they aren't able to abuse rights.

In short: all this fit throwing and arguing is over nothing, really. It doesn't matter who writes the news, because (1) the news doesn't depend on who's writing it, and (2) you'll never see the persons name unless you go looking for it. How many people actually read the news, anyways? I know I don't.

The news does depend who is writing it. Some people have different perspectives, and some news may be more interesting because of the writer's style. The person's name does not matter.

I know I read the news because I like to know what is going on with Graal. I've always had an interest in what is going on globally and I think it would be good if this helper position was hired. Hiring the helper position might help to get more news posted for some servers.

Imperialistic
03-15-2009, 02:43 AM
You think you are god of grawl. zomglol

Elizabeth
03-15-2009, 03:03 AM
If you have problems with my moderation forum PM me. You always say I make a rule against abbreviation, however I made a rule and it was removed. Darlene initially approved all of those rules, but it was only after you all made an uproar it was removed. It was made because some users were using abbreviations to attack others while some users were acting usually abbreviations for logical purposes. Basically, I had a basis for my actions.

actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.

Darlene159
03-15-2009, 03:21 AM
actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.

Dan
03-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Come on, people! Someone here is trying to help Graal and bring up some more news... if you do not like this person, okay, so what? But why make it so hard for him that he has to defend himself every single minute? We should respect people who are trying to help, nobody is making an application in public to turn it into a discussion like this.

Unpredlctable
03-15-2009, 03:35 AM
if you don't know what QFT means then you need to get off of the internet

Deeek
03-15-2009, 04:11 AM
People who have problems with me have addressed their problems
Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...

but just as they have addressed their problems, I believe those same people would read the news.
I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.
Those people would look for errors they would not find, because I do a good job.
Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.

If people didn't care or think I don't have the potential to be able to perform the position, they would have stated their point once and would have left it at that. Those viewing the applications could then take their points into consideration. However some people find it necessary to continually reply and they continually reply because they know that there is another side, the correct side, that I am presenting.
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping

If it isn't because they know I'm providing the correct analysis, why would it be necessary for anyone to remake their points multiple times?
Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary

Ah I would like to point this out as well. You seem to have the impression that if you are disliked people will not read the news. Would the same hold true for this application?This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
It currently has the most views of any of the applications (883) and if people didn't like me, why would they find it necessary to view and reply to the posts in this thread? Even if people don't like me, it is apparent that they care if I have the position because they have viewed this thread.

This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.

kia345
03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.

I'm pretty sure that quote for truth is all that it means on forums

I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.

Wow what

At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions

Everyone has pretty good intentions, that doesn't mean it's not stupid.

Elizabeth
03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)

i have never seen 'qft' used for anything other than 'quoted for truth'.

Deeek
03-15-2009, 04:16 AM

Wow, really? So basically this rule was invented out of ignorance?

Hey, let's make a new rule: "Ban everything that Supernanny doesn't know about because he is ignorant and ignorance is not cool :("

Frankie
03-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Why is QFT singled out? There are plenty of other acronyms used that can be interpreted in different and inappropriate ways.

MiniOne
03-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Most of you are blowing this way out of proportion, if you have a problem with how he moderates complain to Darlene or him through a forum pm.
Also I believe the abbreviation rule should only apply to certain abbreviations which could have a double meaning or contain inappropriate content but ones such as brb, afk, gtg, ttul and so on should be fine since they simply mean be right back, away from keyboard, got to go and talk to you later.

thesmoothcriminal
03-15-2009, 05:50 AM
So let me get this straight, this guy (and some of you) want to decide what people can and cannot abbreviate? If people want to abbreviate who cares, get a life.

@pooper

If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.

Also your whole application is very pretenious

It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.

TESTRETIS
03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Debating if I should laugh, cry, or just quit Graal already.

Matt
03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Therefore you have to BE LIKED.

Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.

thesmoothcriminal
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.

Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).

MiniOne
03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Though I disagree with the ideal candidate part, I could agree that it may be hard balancing all the responsibilities.

pooper200000
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.

Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...

Yes, I've listened to the problems and I've addressed them. These are things I'm taking into consideration that I'm going to work on since these seem to be problems.

I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.

When you login, you will see the news.

Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.
So we all make mistakes?

I am not being arrogant. I am saying that I won't mess up because I care about this.

Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping

I'm not assuming everyone else here is stupid. Only you seem to think that.

Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary
This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - People will say what they want, but they read this thread. Those same people will most likely read the news.

This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.

I have been here for a while. This thread has had considerable of activity.
The majority of the posts are responses to my explanations.

You can take my word. Lets look at my moderation comments. I've said that if you have a problem with what I'm doing to forum PM me. I replied to their comments when they made them. I haven't gone on for days as I'm sure some of them would have liked, but I follow through with my word and commitments. Try looking at the Zone staff who have posted. They know I'm reliable and consistent and if I say I'm going to do something, I do it.

If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.

You don't have to be liked to do the job. It helps, but you don't have to be liked. You do have to get staff to cooperate and be willing to help.

It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.

My role right now isn't more than enough for me otherwise I wouldn't have applied.

Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).

Others might have an easier time gathering news, but they may not have as much success in writing the news. My other responsibilities only help me by giving me continued experience to allow me to improve in the news administrator position.

Ravenblade1979
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
@SN: I wasn't just talking about your directed negativity at me or Dan. There was some towards jesse too.

Otherwise SN actually is responsible in his duties on zone and does do them well and I have had no problem with him as a moderator. Although me and him have a semi-dislike relationship he would still do a good job.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 06:01 PM
The news does depend who is writing it. Some people have different perspectives, and some news may be more interesting because of the writer's style. The person's name does not matter.
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.

If you get the job, all you're meant to do is condense a server's news down to a paragraph and take a screenshot, because most people aren't going to give more than a passing glance before double-clicking the server they play on. If UN gets a new spar arena, you say that UN got a new spar arena. The importance of originality is little to none, and it's a huge waste of time.

Rufus
03-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.

If you get the job, all you're meant to do is condense a server's news down to a paragraph and take a screenshot, because most people aren't going to give more than a passing glance before double-clicking the server they play on. If UN gets a new spar arena, you say that UN got a new spar arena. The importance of originality is little to none, and it's a huge waste of time.
News needs to be entertaining and informative though, especially on a game. I agree it needs some level of consistency however.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
News needs to be entertaining and informative though, especially on a game. I agree it needs some level of consistency however.

The news appearing on the Login server needs to be short and concise. Originality and entertainment are best saved for reviews and advertisements. If this application is any indication of what's to be expected for news articles, then I think that it's a huge waste of time.

News articles are best kept like this:

Unholy Nation: CS

http://graal.net/images/7/73/Un1.png

Unholy Nation is in the middle of a long-term developmental projects. We're going to be releasing some small term activities for the players to interact with while it's being worked on. Come on and check them out:

http://graal.net/images/9/97/Un2.png

We'll be hosting a level competition that will go hand-in-hand with the "re-stock" of the hat shop. Come around to get details.
"CS" - CS is an old gun game customized to UN is brought back with new levels, arenas and style of game play. Check it out north of Town Center in the Auction house's old building
Swear filter is now toggle-able. It was a controversial subject, and if you don't mind seeing the swears you can toggle it on or off accordingly.
Seaport is the long term dev project that was never finished. We plan on finishing it soon for release, it will incorporate a new quest for you all to play though. We're going to take a different approach, however.

Though, considering I don't ever read the news on Graal, my opinion may be skewed.

Rufus
03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
The news appearing on the Login server needs to be short and concise. Originality and entertainment are best saved for reviews and advertisements. If this application is any indication of what's to be expected for news articles, then I think that it's a huge waste of time.

News articles are best kept like this:

Though, considering I don't ever read the news on Graal, my opinion may be skewed.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll18/rufuslol/thumbnail.png

kia345
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM

Then news need to be appealing and almost artistic. The point of the news is to draw attention to the server. A bland, cut and paste overview of some update isn't going to draw in crowds.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Then news need to be appealing and almost artistic. The point of the news is to draw attention to the server. A bland, cut and paste overview of some update isn't going to draw in crowds.

News on a client that you have download isn't going to draw in crowds, either. Instead of focusing on news, why not focus on reviews, advertisements, testimonials, etc?

kia345
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM
News on a client that you have download isn't going to draw in crowds, either. Instead of focusing on news, why not focus on reviews, advertisements, testimonials, etc?

While I could baselessly point out that that's probably what the News position is going to dribble down too, I'm going to go back to your post, which you quoted from the news: That was an advertisement.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
While I could baselessly point out that that's probably what the News position is going to dribble down too, I'm going to go back to your post, which you quoted from the news: That was an advertisement.

It's not what it should 'dribble down' to. I watch CNN Morning for the news, and I watch Countdown with Keith Olberman for the commentary. It's best if the two are separated.

kia345
03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
It's not what it should 'dribble down' to. I watch CNN Morning for the news, and I watch Countdown with Keith Olberman for the commentary. It's best if the two are separated.

Do you really think Graal's news will be comparable with CNN?

LoneAngelIbesu
03-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Do you really think Graal's news will be comparable with CNN?

I'm not going through this whole analogy argument again.

kia345
03-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Then quit using analogies that don't fit in with the situation.

James
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Epic fail. Your posts make me feel like I'm retarded.

Switch
03-15-2009, 11:18 PM
My turn!

Supernanny sucks. Why?

He makes no sense at all when conversing with him.
He never helps where he should be able to help when you have a problem.
I honestly hate his guts.
He should go dig a hole, jump in, and rot there forever.
If you hire him I will find where you live and take the liberty of beating the living poop out of your asparagus brain.

Note to reader: All of the above reason are in the opposite superlative.

Deeek
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
So, which would you pick: CNN, or FOX?

Christ, guys, it's really not that hard. Are you going to sit and listen to a crazed hobo give you the news?
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.
Basically just a reiteration of what I said before, and twisted around a bit. Personally I think you're insane for making rules against acronyms. They're a common part of the English language. Hell, I used a couple in this post! Just because you don't know what one is or might be frightened of it doesn't mean you should make a rule against it. I certainly won't expect any in your news!

Crono
03-16-2009, 12:58 AM
So you admit that I was interested in what was going on? That I would ask for other people I respected for their opinions?

For the purpose of gossiping; yes.

You are Rufus are both capable of creating chat logs.

Why would I need to ever create chat logs? I'm one of the most trustworthy players on this game, I've been randomly given level 4 RC on multiple servers.

I disagree. I'm an honest person and people who have actually interacted with me know that.

But you just said that you alter your personality depending on the person. That is not being honest.

I think this is what it all comes down to. No one will ever be good enough to meet your or Rufus' standards. This is why interesting projects such as Bomy Island will never be completed. The projects can be done right, but they will never meet up to your and Rufus' standards. You are both so focused on having perfection that can't always be achieved. You choose to focus on the problems in everything created instead of providing any positive interest in such a topic.

How is this relevant at all to this discussion? Either way I'm not too realistic, I'm just honest with the opinions I express. I don't need to sugar coat things that I say so I can get things my way, I don't alter my personality to get on the other person's better side, and I don't suck up. But as I said, this is irrelevant to your News Admin position.

Perhaps you can explain exactly what a snitch is since I obviously seem to have the wrong impression?

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1474566&postcount=84

I disagree. I never did leave your sides. I didn't suck up, I asked questions; I stated my opinions. I may have been annoying but I learned from you. Your post proves I am consistent and persistent in doing what I think is right. This only further proves my capability for such a position.

You always sucked up and you're two faced. I can easily pull proof as my Graal folders date back to 2004 so don't tempt me. I still have my PM's and my MSN (Rufus, Dan) is always logged.

You thought you knew me from before Bomy Island, but you were too focused on doing things I disagreed with. I disagreed because I didn't think such topics were acceptable, such as abuse as a Zone ET.

Hah, and yet you never once confronted me about anything negative. Instead you constantly tried to suck up to me, showering me with compliments and always trying to tell me your latest gossip. Way to prove my point champ.

Don't act like there isn't a history that you created between us because of your dislike of my curiosity.

You took my post too literally and skipped my point on purpose. I never openly disliked you until last year. Ever year before we did indeed "get along".

I don't feel the need to point out and give attention to negativity. I will point out that I am having an extreme amount of difficult finding any positive posts made by Rufus. You call Rufus a realist, but surely a realist would understand the impact they have had.

You can't prove Rufus and I draw "far off conclusions for just about everything" because you were wrong. In the end this also irrelevant to this discussion.

This writer sees that there seems to be a significant number of people who disagree with you becomming News Admin, this writer rests his case.

Switch
03-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Big post that I "lawled" at
Forum drama; oh my Jesus!
I haven't really seen much of that from SN, except for the sucking up part. He does that quite well.

Actually, I was listening to the radio today with my dad (didn't realize my iPod was off until I remembered, "I don't have weird guys talking on my iPod!") and there was a guy delivering the news very strangely.
There's proof it's not all the same.
And also, not all news crew give their news the same, albeit similar.

LoneAngelIbesu
03-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Actually, I was listening to the radio today with my dad (didn't realize my iPod was off until I remembered, "I don't have weird guys talking on my iPod!") and there was a guy delivering the news very strangely.
There's proof it's not all the same.
And also, not all news crew give their news the same, albeit similar.

This is why I said news articles, not radio shows or TV commentaries. More than one person works for Associated Press, but you'd never know if they didn't write their names on the articles!

The whole point is that if you're looking for somebody to write news, then hire anybody with good grammar and people skills. If you're looking for somebody to advertise for you, then hire the guy that makes you laugh.

It's not a hard decision, and it's certainly not as important as a lot of you people are making it out to be. If you're investing all your hopes for a better Graal in the news that you only see once you've already bought a subscription, then man, you need rethink your investment strategy.

pooper200000
03-16-2009, 03:08 AM

I think it would be good to focus on mainly the news but to spend time on the others as well. The news can really encompass quite a bit.

Epic fail. Your posts make me feel like I'm retarded.

Want to expand on why?

Basically just a reiteration of what I said before, and twisted around a bit. Personally I think you're insane for making rules against acronyms. They're a common part of the English language. Hell, I used a couple in this post! Just because you don't know what one is or might be frightened of it doesn't mean you should make a rule against it. I certainly won't expect any in your news!
Well lots of people would say I'm a bit crazy :p You may think I'm insane, but it was understandable at the time. The problem wasn't that I didn't know acronyms, it was that forum users also didn't and took some things as harassment.

For the purpose of gossiping; yes.

I was interested because I like to know what is going on. You make it sound like I've been some 14 year old girl who spends all my time spamming about what is going on in Graal, and that I tell everyone in sight.

I have much better things to do with my time. I just like to know what is going on, and my interest in what is going on goes no farther than what it is, interest. I don't gossip.

Why would I need to ever create chat logs? I'm one of the most trustworthy players on this game, I've been randomly given level 4 RC on multiple servers.
I don't know why you would do create logs, I just know you are capable of creating chat logs. Anyone can get level 4 RC on multiple servers. If you call it trust, than obviously I must have some degree of trust as I've gotten a level 4 RC on two servers after logging online.

For someone who builds their responses around trust, you sure don't seem to know me well enough to know that I am trusted as well.

But you just said that you alter your personality depending on the person. That is not being honest.

I said I am personal. Being personal is being honest. As I've said before, if one person doesn't like to talk about cheese but instead likes to talk about tomatoes, I then talk about tomatoes. That is being honest. It is respecting other's beliefs. If you want to call it something else and spin a name off on it as you just did, fine.

I choose to focus on more positive aspects in people than to bring out tiny details that only a few seem to see while many do not. I apologize for being an optimist!

How is this relevant at all to this discussion? Either way I'm not too realistic, I'm just honest with the opinions I express. I don't need to sugar coat things that I say so I can get things my way, I don't alter my personality to get on the other person's better side, and I don't suck up. But as I said, this is irrelevant to your News Admin position.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1474566&postcount=84

This is entirely relevant to the discussion because you are negative and your negative outlook could lead to your posts in this thread. Because your negative outlook clouds your judgment I would take it to mean you can not be taken seriously upon any of your comments made within this thread.

I guess I am a snitch. Guilty as charged. I've betrayed others. If they don't do their job and abuse their rights; I tell an administrator. I guess if you do what is right that means you are a snitch.

You always sucked up and you're two faced. I can easily pull proof as my Graal folders date back to 2004 so don't tempt me. I still have my PM's and my MSN (Rufus, Dan) is always logged.

I don't know what you mean by suck up. If you mean to respect my superior's opinions, the answer is whole heartedly yes. I respect my superiors and everyone else's opinions.

Hah, and yet you never once confronted me about anything negative. Instead you constantly tried to suck up to me, showering me with compliments and always trying to tell me your latest gossip. Way to prove my point champ.

Yes, I did confront you. I told you I had a problem with what you were doing, but apparently you did not listen or were AFK all 3 times even though you said you were there.

I didn't try to suck up to you, and I praised you for things I thought you did well. I asked you for your opinions on events happening within Graal, but I did not gossip. I didn't go find every person and their mother to tell them what you said. I told no one what I said to you, and I told no one what you said to me.

You took my post too literally and skipped my point on purpose. I never openly disliked you until last year. Ever year before we did indeed "get along".

So who is the fake here? The one who admits there was a problem from the beginning, me? Or the one who wouldn't admit it until last year, you? Perhaps you are the one who is fake. You seemed to openly dislike me far sooner than just last year. We didn't get along. Your past history with me has little to do with this thread.

You can't prove Rufus and I draw "far off conclusions for just about everything" because you were wrong. In the end this also irrelevant to this discussion.

Yes, you and Rufus drawing far off conclusions for everything is relevant to the discussion. Your far off conclusions are also drawn in this thread.

This writer sees that there seems to be a significant number of people who disagree with you becomming News Admin, this writer rests his case.

So by rest your case do you mean you will stop responding to this thread? Or do you just mean that you rest your case with that post?

Elizabeth
03-16-2009, 03:21 AM
I was interested because I like to know what is going on. You make it sound like I've been some 14 year old girl who spends all my time spamming about what is going on in Graal, and that I tell everyone in sight.

hmmm well you kind of did go through a phase where you told everyone you were a 14 year old girl..

kia345
03-16-2009, 03:55 AM
some words

I have been following this thread from page one, and reading all of your replies to people, I feel I could have been better convinced of someone's maturity and dependability by logging on UN and participating in mass messages for several hours.

While gauging myself in the septum

TESTRETIS
03-16-2009, 08:45 AM
hmmm well you kind of did go through a phase where you told everyone you were a 14 year old girl..

Emily Tannare, anyone?

Unpredlctable
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Want to expand on why?
There isn't any need to. The reasons have already been elaborated on to hell and back but you keep regurgitating the same bull**** over and over to convince everyone that no, you're really just a swell guy.

Ravenblade1979
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok people its obvious that there's lots who have problems with him but when it comes to his work he's pretty dedicated to it.

Deeek
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok people its obvious that there's lots who have problems with him but when it comes to his work he's pretty dedicated to it.
Hey, Stalin was a pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. Didn't make him a very good person, though

pooper200000
03-17-2009, 03:05 AM

Yes, I did go through a phase two years ago. I like to have fun just as much as anyone else, and I found entertainment in joking about that. We all make mistakes.

I have been following this thread from page one, and reading all of your replies to people, I feel I could have been better convinced of someone's maturity and dependability by logging on UN and participating in mass messages for several hours.

While gauging myself in the septum

Do you want to explain why you feel this way?

There isn't any need to. The reasons have already been elaborated on to hell and back but you keep regurgitating the same bull**** over and over to convince everyone that no, you're really just a swell guy.
I'm not repeating bull. I'm repeating how I feel and I am consistent in how I feel. Swell is an interesting choice of words, but I'm just trying to convince everyone that I'm capable of handling the position, as that has been disputed within this thread.

Hey, Stalin was a pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. Didn't make him a very good person, though

Mahatma Ghandi was pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. He was already a good person.

Elizabeth
03-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Mahatma Ghandi was pretty dedicated to his work too ya know. He was already a good person.
Gandhi was basically a saint. There's a good and bad side to everything.

Pimmeh
03-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Ghandi was basically a saint. There's a good and bad side to everything.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1206/759088242_c56f0ad3f5_m.jpg

Srsly

Imperialistic
03-17-2009, 04:49 AM

Are you talking Mahatma Gandhi, the major political and spiritual leader of India in the early 1920's?

If you are going to refer to someone as though you pose as him, at least spell his name right.

thesmoothcriminal
03-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Are you talking Mahatma Gandhi, the major political and spiritual leader of India in the early 1920's?

If you are going to refer to someone as though you pose as him, at least spell his name right.

nothing better to with your time hey

MiniOne
03-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Superman was a great hero, did that make him good?

Elizabeth
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM

it'd help if he existed

pooper200000
03-18-2009, 02:36 AM

Yes, that is who I meant. I got his first name right. I just always feel like there should be an extra h in there. :p

Switch
03-18-2009, 04:31 AM
My turn!

Supernanny sucks. Why?

He makes no sense at all when conversing with him.
He never helps where he should be able to help when you have a problem.
I honestly hate his guts.
He should go dig a hole, jump in, and rot there forever.
If you hire him I will find where you live and take the liberty of beating the living poop out of your asparagus brain.

Note to reader: All of the above reason are in the opposite superlative.
[email protected]
How do we know you aren't either?

Elizabeth
03-18-2009, 04:35 AM
How do we know you aren't either?

how do we know you're a 14 year old boy?

kia345
03-18-2009, 04:41 AM

Superboy-Prime was a jerk, idk wtf you're talking about

Switch
03-18-2009, 04:45 AM
how do we know you're a 14 year old boy?

I'm not, yet.

TESTRETIS
03-18-2009, 05:44 AM
I don't even think Supernanny is even worth this much attention, you guys are starting to do him a favor now..

MiniOne
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Yea I had no idea what my superman comment had to do with anything either.
Supernanny is a good candidate, he writes with a good sense of grammar and punctuation, he can mix things up and allow them to be more interesting as he has done with his application and in many ways is more mature then some of the other candidates. His style of writing is superb and his a great candidate for this job, though I think stefan has already decided who's going to be Wiki News Administrator.