PDA

View Full Version : GC Prizes and Ticket Stockpiling

Polo
03-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Because a number of players have now purchased either the majority or all of the GC prizes and are just amassing large numbers of tickets, we are looking at ways to reduce the number of available tickets and give players something to work towards obtaining. One of my current ideas is to introduce a limited set of weapons as event prizes, but give them a dynamic ticket price.

For a long time we've disallowed weapons from being GC prizes (or any item that harms other players. One of the main reasons for this is that weapons are much more desirable than regular items, and would therefore carry a ticket premium (eg: 100 tickets). By making weapons so expensive it would prevent new players from obtaining them for a long time, and this would give people who have hoarded tickets and can purchase the prizes easily a large advantage over them. This is why I'm considering a dynamic pricing structure, whereby prices increase depending on the number of prizes you have bought.

Consider this example: There are 10 weapons, each with a starting price of 20 tickets. After you have purchased your first weapon, the remaining nine double in price to 40 tickets. After you buy your second one the price of the remaining eight doubles to 80 tickets, and so on. The first few items, at 20 and 40 tickets will be quite easy for newer players to obtain but the later weapons, costing a lot more, will give the ticket hoarders something to work towards. Working the maths out, the 10th item would cost 10240 tickets. A new player could easily get one or two weapons, whereas a long time ticket stockpiler will have a challenge purchasing their 6th and 7th ones.

Obviously the example above isn't ideal (10240 tickets for a GC prize is a touch expensive), but I'm interested to get some player feedback on the idea of increasing ticket prices in general (eg: each time you buy a prize, the price goes up by 10 tickets). If we do choose to go with this idea I'll need to have a good think about the numbers.

Anyway, that's the basic idea. Would you enjoy the challenge of trying to get all the prizes, or would you be put off at having to spend more than 'the other guy' to buy your next one? I'll make it clear that this is just one idea; we have a number of other things planned to help fix the ticket economy. ^^

BlackSolider
03-12-2009, 01:41 AM
1.5 would be better than 2. Then again I'm not a math major so idk.

But yes, all the gc prizes we have (outside of like 4) are completely useless and just for looks. Yes, numerous people have stockpiled excessive amounts of tickets.

Both problems need to be solved at the same time, and this idea looks pretty solid. But (as far as I read) this idea implies leaving the current tickets as is. That's great and all, but we'd have a significant group of people that could all have the same items from the start. Value starts from only a few people having it, and everyone else wanting it, and therefor working to get it (think of when xbox360 or ps3 came out, you had to go to your friends house when they got one; now everyone has one and its no big deal.)

MysticX2X
03-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Very nice concept as I've told you in a PM. If you can get the math down, it will probably be very useful in burning down tickets.

I honestly think Statue auctions or something could burn tickets down too....

kia345
03-12-2009, 01:51 AM
If prize costs are going double like that, then that clearly means there will be more events to win. That still doesn't close the gap between "1 ticket - 10000 tickets" very quickly.

So to speed up the process of gaining tickets, while still making it challenge, winning tickets consecutively doubles as well. Not necessarily "win the first event, get one ticket, win the second, get two", but make the amount double for, say, every 3-5 events you win in a row. The ticket "multiplier" ends after you lose/fail to win/participate in an event.

Polo
03-12-2009, 01:56 AM
But (as far as I read) this idea implies leaving the current tickets as is. That's great and all, but we'd have a significant group of people that could all have the same items from the start. Value starts from only a few people having it, and everyone else wanting it, and therefor working to get it.
Ideally I want it so that even the current 'super hoarders' could only buy 4 or 5 of the 10 items at the start, and to purchase the 6th it would take a significant amount of tickets on top (a few hundred). Maybe some people will start with 5 items (for example), but that doesn't mean they will each choose the same set of 5 as everyone else. This would mean there's always at least one item which their rival has but they don't, and would give them something to work towards. The 10th item would likely be so expensive as to be almost impossible to obtain, so the challenge of trying to obtian all 10 first could be seen as a competition in its own right. ^^

Rufus
03-12-2009, 01:56 AM
So the items are essentially going to be the same?

BlackSolider
03-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Touche stormo, touche.

Oni
03-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Ok Storm, after reading over your idea and thinking for a moment I have two things to say.

1. I’m glad your actually doing something, and addressing this major issue, instead of some other unnecessary assignment.

2. Your current idea seems a little extreme, and reminds me of communism. Why can’t Classic just be normal and sell items at different prices according to their worth/use? I feel like your just making a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal. Every online multiplayer game has those items that only pros, and people who work hard for them obtain, and there is always noob’s who are not able to get them. And that is the beauty of video games. Also every other Graal server with an “economy” is like this to, and they seem to not be having problems with getting new players or player count.

So what I’m saying is, just take the normal route and just make more items, and price them according to their worth. Please don’t do anything retarded.

MysticX2X
03-12-2009, 02:08 AM
The only problem I truly have with this is the idea of some items being better than others to a players perspective. Such as 4 items being the most supreme ones that the ticket hoarders won't care for the rest.

Remonq
03-12-2009, 08:47 AM
what about a ticket tech tree?

BlackSolider
03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Isn't that what storm is already suggesting?

Then again, maybe we're thinking of two different things. Do explain ranger.

xnervNATx
03-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Are they going to be the same prizes? LOL

jacob_bald6225
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM

No it's not.

Ranger's idea is better!

Like from a strategy game:

(Civ4 example):
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/techtree_original.jpg

Basically you start with a base prize... that branches into more prizes which branch into more, like a tree.

Rufus
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Basically you start with a base prize... that branches into more prizes which branch into more, like a tree.

I really like this idea, especially if it's starting off with a few base prizes.

maximus_asinus
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
@Storm: So your idea to fix inflation is to print more tickets and raise the cost of the goods? Where have I heard that idea before?

I mean honestly, under that system, a player would most likely refuse to play events worth one or two tickets, wanting something as unreasonable as 5+ tickets for a single event because prizes are so expensive. Eventually we'd be in the same exact situation, but instead of ticket hoarders having 200 - 500 tickets, they'll have 10,000+. You're just making the problem worse in the long run.

What needs to be done is a complete ticket reset, following with new prizes and other incentives to encourage ticket spending. I know a few of the more vocal 'elitist' will be upset and will cry night and day, but you're not running for Mr. Popular, you have to satisfy the majority over those few who would complain.

Crono
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't see how this is an important 'problem' just now.

Rufus
03-12-2009, 10:39 PM
The problem I have with Storm's idea is that it isn't really going to solve anything. The people who are currently at the point now where they have collected a massive amount of tickets are just collecting them. No matter what comes up, they're going to be collecting them and that's all they're going to do because they have that huge amount already.

I've already mentioned this to Night, but if you're going to do something like this then the 10 or so weapons are going to need to balance and compliment each other well, which is going to be an extremely hard thing to do on a server like Classic. If they don't balance well then some are going to have an obvious worth over others, which negates the reason for bringing out a system like this. Personally I’d rather not anxiously spend my tickets than to make a permanent decision about a prize, without knowing enough about the possible outcomes to determine which is the "best" choice for me and to put me in good standing with other players. As the prices double when you take a chance with one I can just see this frustrating players.

Like Crono said however, it isn't really a priority. Sure it should be nipped in the ass, but with a small playercount like there is now, and a small pool of people hording tickets through event wins because competition is so low, the problem is just going to keep on coming. This idea doesn't really influence any competitive streak which is really what we're missing in events these days. Oh, and other things to do outside of events.

Remonq
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM

No it's not.

Ranger's idea is better!

Like from a strategy game:

(Civ4 example):
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/techtree_original.jpg

zips got the right idea. maybe the first 2 or 3 prizes or so are ****ty prizes or something costing 10-20 tickets. once you get the first ones then it branches up to a higher tier with npcws costing something like 50-60. and then, eventually, you have a couple of super prizes costing something upwards of 150+ that are at the top tier of the "tech tree". balancing would be fairly simple i would think. trident on one extreme of the tech tree, starcon firemine at the other. idk what npcws are being talked about tho, i'd like to see a list

Polo
03-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Why canít Classic just be normal and sell items at different prices according to their worth/use?
Because people have a lot of tickets stock piled, it would take a lot of items to burn through the excess tickets unless we massively increased the prices. If we did that it would price new players out of the market. I also see Classic as an adventure server where each player can compete fairly against an opponent. The whole 'grinding' for items that make a player stronger would conflict with that.

The only problem I truly have with this is the idea of some items being better than others to a players perspective. Such as 4 items being the most supreme ones that the ticket hoarders won't care for the rest.
Night also had this concern. What I hoped is the weapons would each be different enough that none was really the best; they would each be the best in their own unique way.

what about a ticket tech tree?
I like this idea. I'm not sure how we could do it without making the higher-tier weapons too strong or the lower-tier weapons too weak though.

I mean honestly, under that system, a player would most likely refuse to play events worth one or two tickets, wanting something as unreasonable as 5+ tickets for a single event because prizes are so expensive.
I don't have any plans to award more tickets for events. You're right that we'd start chasing our own economy, and that's not a situation want to put us in.

What needs to be done is a complete ticket reset, following with new prizes and other incentives to encourage ticket spending. I know a few of the more vocal 'elitist' will be upset and will cry night and day, but you're not running for Mr. Popular, you have to satisfy the majority over those few who would complain.
I'd like to avoid a ticket reset if possible, preferring to reduce the number of stored tickets another way, so that if people are losing a lot of tickets, at least they are going towards something.

Personally Iíd rather not anxiously spend my tickets than to make a permanent decision about a prize, without knowing enough about the possible outcomes to determine which is the "best" choice for me and to put me in good standing with other players. As the prices double when you take a chance with one I can just see this frustrating players.
This is something I had considered before making the initial post. We'd need to make some kind of 'try before you buy' system if the idea is ever implemented.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far people, it's been very helpful. ^^

MysticX2X
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Who cares if the ticket hoarders will continue to accumulate their collection. The point is that there needs to be new ways to make tickets useful. This idea was based upon that anybody could get every item at a cheap price, but to get them all would be for the more pro players. It's a nice Idea, but all ideas have their own flaws.

Ticket reset would be the most plausible at the moment. And then after, introduce these new prizes, and some auctions.

GeminiP2P
03-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Release some rare GC Prize's worth 200 tickets :P

BlackSolider
03-13-2009, 03:05 AM
If you do have a ticket reset, you need to somehow compensate people for their massive losses. As laura said on classic, the problem with a reset is that you're basically telling people everything they did the last...couple months was a waste of time.

Another solution is to cut everyone's current ticket count in half, and then do one of these 'tech-tree' prize things. That way everyone will still be able to get prizes, just not as many at the start.

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 04:07 AM
If you do have a ticket reset, you need to somehow compensate people for their massive losses. As laura said on classic, the problem with a reset is that you're basically telling people everything they did the last...couple months was a waste of time.

Another solution is to cut everyone's current ticket count in half, and then do one of these 'tech-tree' prize things. That way everyone will still be able to get prizes, just not as many at the start.

ok first sentence is okay but cutting half tickets count will not fix anything. if someone had a hard time winning tickets because US or ventrue was teaming on him/her he will see his 10 tickets split in 2 and will just complaint about it. if your reseting/cutting the current people that have alot of tickets , your bringing them back right into the past so they will have to restart what they did months ago...winning tickets.

jorollychu
03-13-2009, 04:59 AM
just release the boomerang upgrades to level 5 starting at 20 tickets then 30 then 40 then 50

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 05:31 AM
just release the boomerang upgrades to level 5 starting at 20 tickets then 30 then 40 then 50

i would buy that

maximus_asinus
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't have any plans to award more tickets for events. You're right that we'd start chasing our own economy, and that's not a situation want to put us in.Ideally we wouldn't increase the number of tickets awarded, but the way I see this unfolding it like this; most of the hording players would have the first few prizes right away. Since they're the players who play most often, they'll lose interest very quickly in events if they're only making 1-2 tickets per event (who would want to play 10240 events for a single prize?). The GCs would either live with the lack of player interest, or they'd offer more incentive to play in the form of more tickets. Before long we'd be 'chasing our own economy' in the form of players wanting more tickets>GC needing more tickets to host on a consistent basis> GC ticket count increased to compensate for the amount of tickets given out>repeat.

I'd like to avoid a ticket reset if possible, preferring to reduce the number of stored tickets another way, so that if people are losing a lot of tickets, at least they are going towards something.As I've discussed with Nighty, a reset doesn't seem avoidable. I would suggest giving a chance for the player to burn through their tickets in the end by giving them access to some unreleased content (temporarily), auctioning for statues, and other things. This way a player can't complain that they lost 500 tickets, because it would be their own fault for not using them.

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Ideally we wouldn't increase the number of tickets awarded, but the way I see this unfolding it like this; most of the hording players would have the first few prizes right away. Since they're the players who play most often, they'll lose interest very quickly in events if they're only making 1-2 tickets per event (who would want to play 10240 events for a single prize?). The GCs would either live with the lack of player interest, or they'd offer more incentive to play in the form of more tickets. Before long we'd be 'chasing our own economy' in the form of players wanting more tickets>GC needing more tickets to host on a consistent basis> GC ticket count increased to compensate for the amount of tickets given out>repeat.

As I've discussed with Nighty, a reset doesn't seem avoidable. I would suggest giving a chance for the player to burn through their tickets in the end by giving them access to some unreleased content (temporarily), auctioning for statues, and other things. This way a player can't complain that they lost 500 tickets, because it would be their own fault for not using them.

i have all the prize already like most players do. what can i buy there

maximus_asinus
03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
i have all the prize already like most players do. what can i buy thereWhere in my entire post did I say you would be spending tickets on items already released?

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Where in my entire post did I say you would be spending tickets on items already released?

what unreleased npc is there to burn out my tickets like you said.

plus auctioning statue is a good idea i would TOTALLY bid on it ,

maximus_asinus
03-13-2009, 05:29 PM
what unreleased npc is there to burn out my tickets like you said.

plus auctioning statue is a good idea i would TOTALLY bid on it ,You weren't a LAT so you probably haven't seen them. There are literally dozens of unreleased weapons, such as weapon upgrades (hammer, boomerang) I think GrowlZ's birdshot might still be floating around, shovel... a few more I can't think of just yet.

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
You weren't a LAT so you probably haven't seen them. There are literally dozens of unreleased weapons, such as weapon upgrades (hammer, boomerang) I think GrowlZ's birdshot might still be floating around, shovel... a few more I can't think of just yet.

id buy the birdshot and boom upgrades. the shovel!

Cetellic
03-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Consider this example: There are 10 weapons, each with a starting price of 20 tickets. After you have purchased your first weapon, the remaining nine double in price to 40 tickets. After you buy your second one the price of the remaining eight doubles to 80 tickets, and so on. The first few items, at 20 and 40 tickets will be quite easy for newer players to obtain but the later weapons, costing a lot more, will give the ticket hoarders something to work towards. Working the maths out, the 10th item would cost 10240 tickets. A new player could easily get one or two weapons, whereas a long time ticket stockpiler will have a challenge purchasing their 6th and 7th ones.

Just make it so the price increases by 20 each time instead of doubling it, making the max 200.

I don't see the fuss over the reset business. I don't really care, if it's for the better of the server go on and do it.

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Just make it so the price increases by 20 each time instead of doubling it, making the max 200.

I don't see the fuss over the reset business. I don't really care, if it's for the better of the server go on and do it.

i dont think the main problem of classi is the economy but the playercount

MysticX2X
03-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Economy is partly what is affecting playercount. No incentives.

xnervNATx
03-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Economy is partly what is affecting playercount. No incentives.

ok so people wont log here because most players have 200tickets+?

that make no sense at all

DarkCloud_PK
03-13-2009, 10:59 PM
could just be as simple as adding a one time use npc that is worth the purchase i dont know that just popped in my head.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 12:00 AM
if that npc make mystic getting jailed for 10 days every use i will buy it for 200tixs

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Why not just limit the amount of tickets issued?

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Why not just limit the amount of tickets issued?

that a bad idea , you dont even play classic why are you posting here

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 12:59 AM
ok so people wont log here because most players have 200tickets+?

that make no sense at all

No. They don't come here because there is nothing worth buying.

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 02:06 AM
that a bad idea , you dont even play classic why are you posting here

I use to play and how is it a bad idea?

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 02:35 AM
I use to play and how is it a bad idea?

why would you limit the maximum tickets to hold?

what would it give?

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 02:41 AM
People don't come to classic because IF an event was going on, the odds are about 50/50 of it being enjoyable (made up number but not that inaccurate.) IF they managed to win (not likely unless it was a team event,) the items they could purchase (if they had enough tickets) are pretty lame and useless.

Lots of 'ifs' and variables, few desirable rewards.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Most weapons fit into the new storyline and won't be released as event prizes.

MiniOne
03-14-2009, 04:01 AM
why would you limit the maximum tickets to hold?

what would it give?

I said limit the tickets given out.

Cetellic
03-14-2009, 06:59 AM
i dont think the main problem of classi is the economy but the playercount

I don't really care. If they have a plan with GC tickets which would help things out and a reset is a nice and easy way to enable the plan, by all means go for it.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't really care. If they have a plan with GC tickets which would help things out and a reset is a nice and easy way to enable the plan, by all means go for it.

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Reset is a last resort should all else fail.
All resets seem to do is piss people off.

Cetellic
03-14-2009, 02:04 PM
That's why I'm wondering what the fuss is...

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
That's why I'm wondering what the fuss is...

i heard from kill that if there was a reset people would be more competitive in event to win the tickets.

i really dont see how that would be competitive

MysticX2X
03-14-2009, 04:02 PM
I think he meant if there were more options to spend tickets because people see everybody with 700 tickets stockpiled. Having a ticket reset would make everyone start out fresh and be more competitive in events to win the new tickets, he probably means.

I can understand why you're mad, considering you have 700 tickets, but a decision should be made that is better for the majority. A lot seem in agreeing for a ticket reset.

Storm's idea is a 50/50 chance of even working depending on which NPC's they release.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I can understand why you're mad, considering you have 700 tickets, but a decision should be made that is better for the majority. A lot seem in agreeing for a ticket reset.

Yeah, people who don't have tickets.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, people who don't have tickets.

that is somehow true lol

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
You have 700 tickets. Are you really inspired during events to go and win more tickets? Especially when you have all the prizes?

Really....do you need more tickets?

If there was a reset (hopefully you would be somehow compensated), people might be inspired to try harder in events (since they need tickets now) because (hopefully) there are some desirable prizes.

Thats the theory behind a reset. People would try harder to work for something they desire. But we'd have to have useful npcs before a reset would occur.

Rufus
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
You have 700 tickets. Are you really inspired during events to go and win more tickets? Especially when you have all the prizes?

If you're aiming for accumulating an extremely high amount of tickets and already have a super high amount compared to everyone else, there is an obvious reason to collect tickets. Plus you get to show off how "good" you are in events with the amount of tickets you've got. It was the same when spar and PK points were just accumulative.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM

If there was a reset (hopefully you would be somehow compensated), people might be inspired to try harder in events (since they need tickets now) because (hopefully) there are some desirable prizes.

Thats the theory behind a reset. People would try harder to work for something they desire. But we'd have to have useful npcs before a reset would occur.

yes i need more tickets. what if i put myself the goals to get 1000 tickets?

StrykerTFFD
03-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Leave my 1 ticket alone.

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 08:09 PM
What are you going to do with 1000 tickets.

StrykerTFFD
03-14-2009, 08:20 PM

I'd go to Disney World.

BlackSolider
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I've been 4 times.

It's built for kids. Not the oldbie graal players like yourself.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM

its called COLLECTING

ff7chocoboknight2
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I thought you guys were saving up for GC cards.

xnervNATx
03-14-2009, 10:43 PM
if cards cost tickets ill definatly buy them

DarkCloud_PK
03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
GC tickets and cards will be completely unrelated.
Unless players want to trade card currency for another players tickets, but thats between the players invovled in trading to decide.

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 01:55 AM
GC tickets and cards will be completely unrelated.
Unless players want to trade card currency for another players tickets, but thats between the players invovled in trading to decide.

here an idea

sel booster pack in the gc shop, (One booster pack cost 20 tickets - booster pack contain 5 cards randomly selected from the # cards numbers created, having a % chance to get high cards)
this could be a good idea if you plan on making new cards in the future

BlackSolider
03-15-2009, 01:59 AM
New cards will come with future versions, or so I believe.

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 02:13 AM
new cards could just be added in the list to get from booster packs.

ff7chocoboknight2
03-15-2009, 02:47 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 03:07 AM
i was thinking to ADD name to the booster pack so there is Different kind of pack maybe

3 pack with 33 card in each. they will all have the rare cards but different %

Bush's booster pack
Destiny's booster pack
Onnet booster pack.

stuff like that that are related at classic

BlackSolider
03-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Pretty clever.

Remonq
03-15-2009, 07:19 AM
i support a ticket reset

xnervNATx
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
i support a ticket reset

i dont

weeway
03-16-2009, 01:26 AM
what does a ticket reset solve? the players will just gain them back again

BlackSolider
03-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Tickets are currently useless b/c A) too many and B) useless prizes (or a person has all the prizes already). A reset, combined with some new useful prizes, will hopefully add some competitiveness back to events. Hopefully.

Remonq
03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
what we really need to find is a way to be communist with the tickets

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Tickets are currently useless b/c A) too many and B) useless prizes (or a person has all the prizes already). A reset, combined with some new useful prizes, will hopefully add some competitiveness back to events. Hopefully.

great , next up , let get it on with biased gc.

BlackSolider
03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
@ ranger.

Already working on it.

@ laura.

Bias ftw!

xnervNATx
03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
@ ranger.

Already working on it.

@ laura.

Bias ftw!

i should start to shout out name

gla*cough* sry maybe later

ff7chocoboknight2
03-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Communism: You have 2 cows and your neighbor has none. The government takes one of your cows and gives you milk. The cow is given to your neighbor.

Remonq
03-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Communism: You have 2 cows and your neighbor has none. The government takes one of your cows and gives you milk. The cow is given to your neighbor.

everyone wins!

MysticX2X
03-16-2009, 11:13 PM
To anyone who just said the people who don't have tickets are the one supporting a ticket reset, a majority here who do actually have tickets do support this.

Obviously it might not be a good idea because you will get a plethora of complaints from the obvious suspects

xnervNATx
03-17-2009, 12:57 AM
To anyone who just said the people who don't have tickets are the one supporting a ticket reset, a majority here who do actually have tickets do support this.

Obviously it might not be a good idea because you will get a plethora of complaints from the obvious suspects

talked to night and there wont be a reset soon.

MysticX2X
03-17-2009, 02:58 AM
That's because he doesn't want to make players upset. There is really no other good way to save ticket economy without going communist.

BlackSolider
03-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Whether a reset occurs or not, we could definately use some useful/desirable prizes. Then we could either reset the tickets, do something like storm suggested, or something else. But it all starts with new prizes.

MysticX2X
03-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Or prizes with any use.(Damaging) I feel that even if new prizes are released, they will have their glory for a while and we will have this same situation again. There needs to be a proposition to get tickets constantly spent.

Rufus
03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
You know back in the day when a trainer came out that let you edit your flags and a lot of people used it to edit their ticket count? How was the 'ticket crisis' solved then? Even though a lot of people were banned for it, there would have been a lot of tickets in circulation by this time.

DutchGuy
03-17-2009, 07:37 PM
noobs. Don't reset tickets. Some people did a lot of effort to get them while others just kiss-assed tix to gcs. Anyway, make some npc inside the bank where you can drop your tix against a reasonable prize. That's another way to get rid of everyone's tix, and give them money instead.

maximus_asinus
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
You know back in the day when a trainer came out that let you edit your flags and a lot of people used it to edit their ticket count? How was the 'ticket crisis' solved then? Even though a lot of people were banned for it, there would have been a lot of tickets in circulation by this time.I wasn't aware people did that.

The only ticket reset I've seen in the past was when Devas went crazy and just gave away mass amounts of tickets. I don't know too much about it, I was managing Graal2000 at the time.

Rufus
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I wasn't aware people did that.

Yeah, I remember doing it myself and having fun using the random prize lottery to get all of the prizes. I wonder what happened.

xnervNATx
03-18-2009, 05:04 AM
noobs. Don't reset tickets. Some people did a lot of effort to get them while others just kiss-assed tix to gcs. Anyway, make some npc inside the bank where you can drop your tix against a reasonable prize. That's another way to get rid of everyone's tix, and give them money instead.

reset everyone bank account and then its will be a good idea

Kill
03-18-2009, 03:05 PM
I wonder if tickets could land me some sex...

(jk)
Seriously though, I find it kind of ironic now people realise the truth about sh*tty NPCs.
I made this thread on the GC forums 2 years ago: http://gc.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=box&action=display&thread=121
Night didn't listen to me back then, look what happened geniuses.

MysticX2X
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
No....Prizes were deemed useless for a while now...

BlackSolider
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I remember that thread. Perhaps it would have helped to (slighty) avoid the current ticket-abundance situation. Perhaps not. But we should have listened!