PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Nation- Hiring

SwimChao
03-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Development "overhaul"-

I'm looking to put together a more solid team of development to work on upcoming projects (Including the old UN RPG system).

I'm looking to hire:

x2 GAT
x2 NAT
x2 LAT

If you've got talent in any of the above, please PM me, reply to this message or see me on UN.
~Streety

xnervNATx
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
oh yaaa rpg!

Pimmeh
03-09-2009, 02:39 PM
So... Unholy Nation RPG?
Could you explain to us what this consists of? I mean, what will they do?
Editing existing levels or making new stuff from scratch?
And GATs? Medieval weapons and helmets?

MysticX2X
03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Lol, UN RPG is still being worked on? Or is this a different one aside from Manta's?

Chompy
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
The one Manta made was epic. Good luck on finding staff :]

Deas_Voice
03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
any specific area you need to know to get hired as NAT?'

SwimChao
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
So... Unholy Nation RPG?
Could you explain to us what this consists of? I mean, what will they do?
Editing existing levels or making new stuff from scratch?
And GATs? Medieval weapons and helmets?

GAT : GAT will need to be able to work with spell graphics (in the event we don't use emitters). Sprite sheets for weapons. It's undecided whether or not we'll go as full into detail as to make armor.

LAT : LAT will need to be able to construct a level off of description or self creativity. I don't expect anything out of the ordinary to pop up, since Graal already has a very fantasy-styled setting.

NAT : NAT will probably have the most involved work to do with the system-- As they usually do. Having an advanced understanding of Gs2 is probably the best qualification skill.

Lol, UN RPG is still being worked on? Or is this a different one aside from Manta's?

I had quite a talk with Bane. He's not been working on it, and has become 'un-interested' in it. I'm going to put an entire team to it and get the thing done right. So, to answer the question- It will be different from the system you've seen (but same concept). It will replace the broken RPG system on the server.

any specific area you need to know to get hired as NAT?'

Just look up in the post. Question answered! :)

LordSquirt
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Good luck with this. I always liked what Manta was doing and it's pretty sad that it was never fixed up.

NeoJenova
03-10-2009, 04:00 AM
I loved the summon spells FF7 style cinema SUMMONS!

MiniOne
03-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Good Luck :) I'll visit sometime and if I like whats happening I might offer some of my work.

thesmoothcriminal
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7816/mageuud.jpg

Do i have the job?

Elizabeth
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Do i have the job?

uhh decrease the quality and i'm sure that they'd hire you :)

Unkownsoldier
03-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Graphic-Man is here, any one need saving / decrease in wallet size? I can do both for you.

MiniOne
03-11-2009, 08:09 AM

Do i have the job?

LOL
Is that the avatar?

thesmoothcriminal
03-11-2009, 08:57 AM
LOL
Is that the avatar?

If by that you mean default head/body then yes

Unkownsoldier
03-12-2009, 01:38 AM

MiniOne
03-15-2009, 11:11 AM
watch him fire bend :D

Imperialistic
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Streety, you should let them know that UN isn't going RPG, that it is more of a quest/game type thing.. Just so people aren't like "UNz gona turn in 2 zodaic!!"

Okilian
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
What UN RPG will be (if it's similar to what we had) is basically an add on to UN. We all know there are people who enjoy role playing, so UN thought to have an area to support that.

I know people are going to say that it'll just be a rip off of Zodiac. I'm one to say that though it'll be similar, there will be things differently. Just because one server does something does not mean it's off the market for others.

A random fun fact. The original name of UN RPG was going to be UN Island. You would take a boat to the place, and it would be a different tileset and be a role play.

xXziroXx
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
What UN RPG will be (if it's similar to what we had) is basically an add on to UN. We all know there are people who enjoy role playing, so UN thought to have an area to support that.

Before you make an RPG, I suggest you learn the huge difference between RP and RPG.

Deas_Voice
03-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Before you make an RPG, I suggest you learn the huge difference between RP and RPG.

and since you know what the difference is, why don't you tell us? ;)

Switch
03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
A G!
RP is just role playing, such dressing up like a teacher while your "partner" dresses up as a schoolgirl, if you catch my drift. Valikorlia is an example of an RP server.
RPG is the whole idea of role playing in a GAME, such as that of almost all modern (not guns and bombs and cars, damn fools) games. Zodiac is an example of an RPG server.

xXziroXx
03-17-2009, 12:32 AM

RP (Role Play) = In roleplaying, participants adopt and act out the role of characters, or parts, that may have personalities, motivations, and backgrounds different from their own. Note that RP is encountered as much, if not more, in real life as in games.

RPG (Role Playing Game) = A genre in which players undertake an epic quest, building their character(s) skills and items on a mission to ultimately stop a great evil.

Singleplayer RPGs include the Final Fantasy series, Neverwinter Nights and Nintendo's Zelda, and often last over 30 hours.

thesmoothcriminal
03-17-2009, 02:59 AM
A G!

RP is just role playing, such dressing up like a teacher while your "partner" dresses up as a schoolgirl, if you catch my drift.

Hahaha

Okilian
03-17-2009, 06:08 AM

two things

1.) not staff to make anything to begin with.

2.) the idea is still there. You understood what I was talking about.

To try out for LAT, what would you want made?

SwimChao
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I assure you that I have my facts straight:

UN's RPG zone will be a re-make of the original, with a much improved system. It will not be like Zodiac, except for the bare bones that all "RPG" share.

UN's RPG will entail the following:
-Several classes for you to progress through
-Basic statistics for your character to become stronger with
-Weapons (No armor, no shields. Just weapons.)
-Turn based battling system
-Areas for you to train and progress your character through
-A dueling system where you can challenge any other RPG goer to a one on one duel, almost anywhere on Unholy Nation (Minus a few places it wouldn't be appropriate; ie: Events, Spars, etc)

We have high hopes that this little branch of Unholy Nation will appease some of the people who have been upset since it was taken down. It won't be as in depth as a full server would, it's just a "side show" sort of deal. We do however want to make it enjoyable, and if someone wants to spend their time there they rightly could- much as someone could spend their time sparring or playing events. Any questions, feel free to continue to ask.

To try out for LAT, what would you want made?
Just show me some of your best levels, you can send them to [email protected]

Edit: I'd like to add on that Unholy Nation offered this feature quite some time ago, it was removed because a Developer was going to work on it-- and didn't. If you didn't gather that from above.

Okilian
03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
UN RPG was pretty fun. It was cool the turn based. I hated random encounter, but whatever.

Angelu
03-21-2009, 12:38 PM
what is the point of mixing different genres into 1 server ?
people who like Classic will play UN and people who like RPGs will play Zodiac
iam sure you dont get more players because of a small RPG part on your Server

fragman85
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Zodiac is not turn based tho.

It's totally different from any existing Server, what are you talking about?

Angelu
03-21-2009, 01:38 PM
that has nothing to do with the system behind it
there is no reason to mix a working Classic server with a RPG one
why not start making more quests instead of a RPG part nobody needs
iam sure in 2 years evry Classic tab server is a RPG even Era

MysticX2X
03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
It's always a nice feature to do. It probably won't be a fullout rpg but something fun. No need to try and discourage it.

Rufus
03-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Unholy Nation is just one giant mess, it knows it's a mess, and it kind of boasts it. I see it as kind of a parody server, and can't really take it seriously as anything else.

Imperialistic
03-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Rufus how come you always post like you're higher than everyone else, and nothing is good enough for you.

Why would someone care to read that you think UN is a mess, maybe they want to learn on the real intent of this thread?

P.S. Who would take any game seriously?

SwimChao
03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Let's clarify: :)

If you didn't read my previous post. UN's RPG was used a long time ago. If I'm not mistaken it was before Zodiac even came out to begin with (Though, don't hold me accountable to that). Regardless, UN's RPG system will be nothing like Zodiac and will not overtake the entire server. It will be a side-quest-side-game-mini-game deal. Anyone can partake in it, but they are not obligated.

Streety, you should let them know that UN isn't going RPG, that it is more of a quest/game type thing.. Just so people aren't like "UNz gona turn in 2 zodaic!!"

That's the plan. I want it to be an in detail branch of UN that someone could do much like they could spar, or play events. UN has always been like this. We've always had multiple things that people could do to play with their time, which is in my opinion why it was more successful than N-Pulse.

Unholy Nation is just one giant mess, it knows it's a mess, and it kind of boasts it. I see it as kind of a parody server, and can't really take it seriously as anything else.

The mess we advocate is the widespread features the server has offered to entertain it's players. Not the mess past development staff had made.

And finally:

that has nothing to do with the system behind it
there is no reason to mix a working Classic server with a RPG one
why not start making more quests instead of a RPG part nobody needs
iam sure in 2 years evry Classic tab server is a RPG even Era

I'm sure that if you read the last post I made, you would understand that this feature is NOT a full scale revamp of the server. It is simply another feature that a user has available to partake in. It is nothing like Zodiac to begin with. The post also stated it will be a turn based system (Which Zodiac is not) and will be composed of the more original turn based systems (as seen in Final Fantasy, etc).

I also strongly disagree on what you said, I think there's no supporting facts for you to say that as well. Seems like something you just kind of pulled out to fit the situation.

:p

Rufus
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Rufus how come you always post like you're higher than everyone else, and nothing is good enough for you.

Why would someone care to read that you think UN is a mess, maybe they want to learn on the real intent of this thread?

P.S. Who would take any game seriously?

I don't even see where I could come across as acting higher than anyone at all, nor where I suggested any form of opinion on the RPG system that Unholy Nation is planning to implement. Not that I feel compelled to justify myself, but my response was to Angelu who highlighted the conflicting themes on the server. Unholy Nation completely lacks consistency of theme, and everyone who plays it knows and accepts this, because the content that they have on the server is solely for entertainment. People take UN for what it is, and those that are looking for something else go elsewhere. In that respect, I don't give a rats ass who reads what I posted because it was only a response to Angelu. It was not intended to be some big statement I was announcing as though nobody is aware of this.

Aside from the assumptions however, what you said is extremely ironic. With the content in your avatar, user title, and signature, to then make a post like this, I'm not sure you're trying to come across seriously either. You don't get it, that's fine, but don't project yourself onto others and claim I've posted things that I actually haven't.