PDA

View Full Version : Gun script working !!

GULTHEX
03-04-2009, 12:05 AM
DONT NAG ME ABOUT PARAMQUALS IT STILL Works

i can script

//SCRIPTED BY GULTHEX B****ES
//DONT NAG ME ABOUT PARAMQUALS
//BECAUSE IT WORKS
//#CLIENTSIDE
//up
if (playerdir=0){
this.x=playerx-1;
this.y=playery-2;
}
//left
if (playerdir=1){
this.x=playerx-2;
this.y=playery;
}
//down
if (playerdir=2){
this.x=playerx+1;
this.y=playery+2;
}
//right
if (playerdir=3){
this.x=playerx+2;
this.y=playery;
}
}

if (weaponfired){
setshootparams PARAMEQUALS;
//shoot x,y,z,angle,zangle,power,gani,ganiparams;
shoot this.x,this.y,playerz,(playerdir + 1) * pi / 2,,,bullet gani here,;
setani firing motion here,;
replaceani idle,standing still motion here;
replaceani walk,walking motion here;
freezeplayer 0.0383;
sleep 0.1;
}
if (actionprojectile) {
if(strequals(#p(index),PARAMEQUALS)) {
hurt 3;
}
}

TOLD YOU I COULD MAKE ME 1

NOW DONT TREAT ME LIKE S#1t
got that!

note post a reply if you need help with it

like where to put it lol

Tigairius
03-04-2009, 03:21 AM
ok, but you shouldn't use toweapons anymore unless you're only practicing offline.

Online this could be accomplished like so:

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onWeaponFired() {
shoot(player.x + 1.5 + vecx(player.dir), player.y + 2 + vecy(player.dir), player.z, (playerdir + 1) * pi / 2, NULL, NULL, "dg_bullet", NULL);
setani("dg_m16-fire", NULL);
freezeplayer(0.25);
}

function onActionProjectile() {
player.hearts -= 3;
}

Cheers.

Twinny
03-04-2009, 04:48 AM
gs1 is deprecated and highly inefficient: you should take the time to convert your script to GS2.

You should place the tests for player directions inside the if (weaponfired) condition otherwise each time anything happens, every single condition in the code must be tested and that is highly inefficient (ultimately, player direction should be done inside a weaponfired function). You should also use if->elseif->else otherwise each condition must be interpreted as well <- further inefficieny and it looks really poor.

//The power of nesting!
// Far more efficient then 5 conditional checks right after each other
if (weaponfired)
{
if (condition1)
{
//stuff
}
else if (condition2)
//stuff
}
else
{
//stuff
}
}

You should provide the gani you referenced.

With your attitude and attacks on forum members, you will continue to be treated like ****. You brought in a script you didn't even understand, abused members until they fixed it for you then dumped it here as if it were golden. Grow up.

Codein
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Also, you're using the assignment operator for comparisons. Instead of using '=' to compare, use '=='.

GULTHEX
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Okay I will note that.

K I just dont know much gs2

because I played graal when gs1 was the main scripting language.
And also my scripting teacher only knew gs1 so lol.

Codein
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Okay I will note that.

K I just dont know much gs2

because I played graal when gs1 was the main scripting language.
And also my scripting teacher only knew gs1 so lol.

I thought nobody taught you? :asleep:

Anyway, please make the effort to learn GS2.

Deas_Voice
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
i think there have been alot of GS1 around the newbie scripters, they learn GS1 instead of GS2 because of the level editor and the un-updated wiki.

Codein
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
i think there have been alot of GS1 around the newbie scripters, they learn GS1 instead of GS2 because of the level editor and the un-updated wiki.

I don't think that's an excuse anymore now there's the Testbed server.

cbk1994
03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Someone (Global Scripting Team???) needs to go through the most important pages on the wiki (e.g. "Serverside Functions") and just write in a description for all the commands & their parameters. I know someone else could do it, but most scripters are generally too busy. What is it that the GST does, anyway? I certainly don't see them out on servers helping people much.

Tigairius
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Someone (Global Scripting Team???) needs to go through the most important pages on the wiki (e.g. "Serverside Functions") and just write in a description for all the commands & their parameters. I know someone else could do it, but most scripters are generally too busy. What is it that the GST does, anyway? I certainly don't see them out on servers helping people much.

It's a wiki. Do it yourself.

Tolnaftate2004
03-06-2009, 12:34 AM
I certainly don't see them out on servers helping people much.

Because it's just Skyld now?

Vulgar
03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Because it's just Skyld now?
Quitter

GULTHEX
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
okay.........

your insulting me even known i posted somthing helpful to alot of people

so ummmm
lol

lol everybody hates me even when im helping people

everybody needs some help with a gun server

and im trying to learn gs2

so please stop insulting me

atleast im not begging for scripts

after my ban was over i learned

im older now i was like 10 when i posted all those old scripts

so iv tried to learn how to script better

and stop insutlting me once again

your insulting mebecause of the past

dont post on my stuff if your just gona insult me

Tolnaftate2004
03-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Quitter

I didn't quit... :(

cbk1994
03-06-2009, 03:19 AM
It's a wiki. Do it yourself.

Good idea. On top of me paying to develop their game, why don't I also update their documentation so I can continue to develop their game?

I don't have the time to go through the wiki and update all the functions. Isn't this why the GST was formed?

cyan3
03-06-2009, 10:48 AM
okay.........

your insulting me even known i posted somthing helpful to alot of people

so ummmm
lol

lol everybody hates me even when im helping people

everybody needs some help with a gun server

and im trying to learn gs2

so please stop insulting me

atleast im not begging for scripts

after my ban was over i learned

so iv tried to learn how to script better

and stop insutlting me once again

your insulting mebecause of the past

dont post on my stuff if your just gona insult me

I've looked at the last few posts and I can't see anyone insutlting you.

xXziroXx
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I didn't quit... :(

Being absent over a long period of time is what I would call indirect quitting. :rolleyes:

Tolnaftate2004
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Being absent over a long period of time is what I would call indirect quitting. :rolleyes:

I ran out of gold forever ago and asked several times for more. Until then I could not do anything except restart the skills server apparently. :\

fowlplay4
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
This thread is great, and the poll is amazing.

Good work Gulthex keep on contributing!

devilsknite1
03-07-2009, 09:50 PM

lol :rolleyes:

GULTHEX
03-09-2009, 02:06 AM

Okay thankyou

and i will

MiniOne
03-09-2009, 08:02 AM
It was a good effort.
Though I agree with the rest script with the G2 language rather then G1.

@Tig Stefan/Dan should update the wiki they made to help people who paid for their game so they could script and you should too if you get paid.

GULTHEX
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
okay back on topic

thanks for your support guys

i will work on more scripts for the code gallery

sorry for the bugs about it

ill add a better gunscript soon

fowlplay4
04-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Just update your first post!

Also take the opportunity to make something different & unique.

Like fire that propagates, FOREVER. Really it's up to your imagination.

Nataxo
04-22-2009, 12:51 AM
I ran out of gold forever ago and asked several times for more. Until then I could not do anything except restart the skills server apparently. :\

And I <3 you for helping with that :).

GULTHEX
04-22-2009, 04:46 AM
it wont let me edit it lol

cbk1994
04-22-2009, 05:51 AM
it wont let me edit it lol

Post it here, and forum PM a moderator and ask them to edit it. I'm sure they'll be happy to.

07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Way to steal my script from testbed server Gulthex. Let me tell you who really scripted this. Myself and meph, thats rights meph, from era. I asked him if he could help me with it because I knew that he had once scripted a multi functional gun system and I knew he knew how. So he helped me, and about a quarter of the way to the script, I got the hang of it and scripted the rest my self. I hate people who do this. Gulthex at least stop advertising that it's yours. It's not, and the fact that you would even say it is just sickens me. Nough said.

NightmareNight
08-01-2009, 12:02 AM

that was last year, so...you're 11 now?

cbk1994
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Way to steal my script from testbed server Gulthex. Let me tell you who really scripted this. Myself and meph, thats rights meph, from era. I asked him if he could help me with it because I knew that he had once scripted a multi functional gun system and I knew he knew how. So he helped me, and about a quarter of the way to the script, I got the hang of it and scripted the rest my self. I hate people who do this. Gulthex at least stop advertising that it's yours. It's not, and the fact that you would even say it is just sickens me. Nough said.

Not to offend you, but if I wrote this, I wouldn't be claiming any kind of credit for it.

Switch
08-01-2009, 06:02 AM
I doubt someone with your grammar could begin to make something as simple as this.

08-04-2009, 06:09 AM
this guy pisses me off to no end. Stop taking credit for scripts that arn't yours. you ***got.

fowlplay4
08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
this guy pisses me off to no end. Stop taking credit for scripts that arn't yours. you ***got.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

08-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Gulthex, chill out, you act like you Concoured the dragon slare.

Twinny
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Gulthex, chill out, you act like you Concoured the dragon slare.

It's awesome cause Gulthex never replied to anything you posted in this thread? Indeed, he hasn't replied to this thread at all since you've posted... less talking out of your arse?

Take up in PMs if you want contest ownership rather than trying to slur his character with crude insults about his alleged sexual preferences.

Finally, what the hell is, "Concoured the dragon slare"? In English, please.

CharlieM
08-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I really think pa would know better then to help someone make a GS1 script seeing as it's absolete I'm not a scripter but I can see that gulthex and jamerson need to spend more time on testbed and less time posting Gs1 and incomplete scripts

Pelikano
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I doubt someone with your grammar could begin to make something as simple as this.

Grammar doesn't mean anything. My uh brother in law doesn't speak one word English, yet he knows C++, Java and PHP.

Switch
08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Grammar doesn't mean anything. My uh brother in law doesn't speak one word English, yet he knows C++, Java and PHP.

But he can speak/write a different language, right? I'm pretty sure GULTHEX said somewhere that he does in fact speak English, so he does know how, unlike your brother in law who is probably foreign to an english speaking country (or immigrated and hasn't learned to speak english yet), to speak it. How can he "write" scripts and then **** up his entire posts?