PDA

View Full Version : proposition to stop bunker laming

bahamutstevetff
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
i find it annoying wehn the other team likes to sit inside your bunker shooting at the door for a long time and you can neither use the b1 warp or the dropship warp, so heres my uidea, a button outside the base, which can be used once every 5 minuets? and when pressed causes a mass explosion inside your own base, killing any smart asses laming the bunker enterance.

RealDDc
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
But let the zone police be in charge over the red button of wrath and mass destruction. :D

I'd say, there would be a quite easy and clever way to solve this problem, aswell as doing more good things in one slap.

The gas grenades, should be able to thrown into bunkers, filling closed rooms, in this case the bunkers with toxic slowly over time covering the whole and there-rot the victims to death with poison. It would make the unpopular gas grenades usefull, and once again a bought item. Also it would give a against resistance versus bunker campers and make it possible to counter attack.

Liberated
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
i liked my idea better,
i think it would be good, but only if the owners of the HQ can press it, and it only affects enemys.

Ravenblade1979
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I had tried (and failed) the turret route. Would have been nice if the auto turrets worked. Anyways your best bet is to have a time limit of how long they can be on a spawn base before instant death occurs. But your best bet is to just start blasting the crap out of every enemy you can.

RevolutionJS
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I dont think Bunker laming is a problem if you want to go b1, Just walk there..
If you wanna go to Dropschip say ''unstuck me'' or go to enemy bunker

bahamutstevetff
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I dont think Bunker laming is a problem if you want to go b1, Just walk there..
If you wanna go to Dropschip say ''unstuck me'' or go to enemy bunker

what if there are many enemies around, you dont want to stand around for 30 seconds when dropship warp is their to be used.

i liked my idea better,
i think it would be good, but only if the owners of the HQ can press it, and it only affects enemys.

that was my intention when i posted the meaning, sweep fleets bunker bomb would kill storm and only sweep could press it; using this function shouldnt count as a kill to the player, but should add a death to those it kills

I had tried (and failed) the turret route. Would have been nice if the auto turrets worked. Anyways your best bet is to have a time limit of how long they can be on a spawn base before instant death occurs. But your best bet is to just start blasting the crap out of every enemy you can.

you miss the point, im not talking about base laming, im talking about standing inside the bunker and shooting at the door, so people die as soon as they enter.

Ravenblade1979
02-20-2009, 02:58 AM
you miss the point, im not talking about base laming, im talking about standing inside the bunker and shooting at the door, so people die as soon as they enter.

Ah you mean bunker laming. See different thing unless its on spawn base then its called something different. For b1 and b2 (as i'm sure b3,b4 and b5 have no bunkers) you can just as easily tell if anyone is in if a nub runs and and don't come out.

usually then i just sat above the doorway and killed anything that came out of the door. :D

RealDDc
02-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Ah you mean bunker laming.

Sure, what else? Look at his topic.

(...) See different thing unless its on spawn base then its called something different. For b1 and b2 (as i'm sure b3,b4 and b5 have no bunkers)...)

B2 dont even has a bunker either. The HQ's of each team have bunkers, aswell as base 1 has a bunker.

Base laming shouldn't be a problem anymore, with the 10 second invincibility after spawn. But bunker camping could be easily dealt with, with the adjusted gas grenades.

MiniOne
02-20-2009, 07:16 AM
THE SIMPLEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY ALLOW THE TEAM WHICH OWNS THE BUNKER TO HAVE ACCESS TO IT!!!!!!!!!

:) its as simple as that

RevolutionJS
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Its just no problem :)

Schetti
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
how about stop "defending" your friends if they bunker(HQ) lame.
KILL THEM!

RevolutionJS
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Traitor

bahamutstevetff
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
THE SIMPLEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY ALLOW THE TEAM WHICH OWNS THE BUNKER TO HAVE ACCESS TO IT!!!!!!!!!

:) its as simple as that

my idea has more of a kick to it.

muupig
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
We need a camera inside the bunker and a monitor outside.
Maybe that could help a bit.

RevolutionJS
02-20-2009, 04:57 PM
:O sounds kool

Donark
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Actually, That's a pretty cool idea.

bahamutstevetff
02-20-2009, 11:29 PM

so we can sit like ducks watching a few nubbins shoot at the doors for 10 minuets?

maybe the D-TV news guy can name and shame epic lamers!

MiniOne
02-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Your all idiots whats having a camera inside do? you'll still have players charging in..... it won't reduce laming by much having a camera.

bahamutstevetff
02-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Your all idiots whats having a camera inside do? you'll still have players charging in..... it won't reduce laming by much having a camera.

i suppose you could time your charge.

MiniOne
02-21-2009, 01:39 AM
i suppose you could time your charge.

I don't believe a lot of the zone players would do that, I think they'd just rush in since most of them are young :)
But i think denying access to bunkers for the other team is the simplest way of doing this but there's a plentiful amount of ideas streaming in, lets just hope one of these will be followed upon.

bahamutstevetff
02-21-2009, 02:11 AM
I don't believe a lot of the zone players would do that, I think they'd just rush in since most of them are young :)
But i think denying access to bunkers for the other team is the simplest way of doing this but there's a plentiful amount of ideas streaming in, lets just hope one of these will be followed upon.

so players get down to 10 hp and run to bunker?

Ravenblade1979
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM

Have you seen what they do lol

MiniOne
02-21-2009, 06:41 AM

xD some do :) haven't you seen them, they like rush in and die respawn and try again ..

Donark
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Yes it will, If you can see people laming and what weapons they're using, no one will rush in.

Ravenblade1979
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
There is one downfall I can see with the camera. Its going to lag the crap out of you because you will have a HUD to contend with. Unless they make it so you can turn it off.

RevolutionJS
02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I think its a to big script anyway.

bahamutstevetff
02-21-2009, 07:07 PM
xD some do :) haven't you seen them, they like rush in and die respawn and try again ..

i was refering to only allowing access to the user team. you would get them down to low hp and they would run to the bunker and you woulnt be able to follow them.

MagikMasterMind
02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
A day, I heard of another way to go back to dropship by saying ''unstick me''. You know your bunker is lamed? Unstick yourself, go to dropship, take out proxes, and prox the door. The enemy will surelly come out once in a while.

About the b1 warp, take a good walk?

Comon guys, aren't you tired of making some threads about laming? Thats all what we see these days! Just play smart and everything shall be ok.

RevolutionJS
02-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Tsu has spoken.

Ravenblade1979
02-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Comon guys, aren't you tired of making some threads about laming? Thats all what we see these days! Just play smart and everything shall be ok.

thats all they make threads about.

MagikMasterMind
02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I know.... They only have 1 thing in mind.

Stop the laming. And notice who's posting these threads. Most of them are part of these ''lamers''.

MiniOne
02-21-2009, 11:42 PM
xD yes most are lamers :) but i guess everyone lames now ... its just how the server is played

MiniOne
02-22-2009, 12:42 AM
I've come to the understanding that zone is a lame server and nothing we say will do anything since the majority of us (zoners) will always lame no matter what we have to say. Since none of us will take it into their own hands to stop laming. Though the simplest solution is just stop laming I don't believe a lot of the server will cooperate by stopping so we should just keep playing how the server is since we won't be seeing a big change in a instance.

MagikMasterMind
02-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Fix the laming? Easy.

Take your jetpack, go take all bases.

after a few games doing this, the other players will understand the laming won't be usefull, and they will start getting bases too. It's a mental game afterall!

MiniOne
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Fix the laming? Easy.

after a few games doing this, the other players will understand the laming won't be usefull, and they will start getting bases too. It's a mental game afterall!

Its not effective since the lamers usually have jetpacks and they tend to just take base 3 after you've taken them all...
and it doesn't do much I've attempted this plenty of times

Donark
02-22-2009, 04:35 PM
A prize every week or so should be given out to the player with the most won iricia games. Maybe that will actually cause people to play again

Ravenblade1979
02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
A prize every week or so should be given out to the player with the most won iricia games. Maybe that will actually cause people to play again

As long as it was made clear that lamers won't be included in this weekly prize. Otherwise its just going to go off of who got the most kills.

otherwise its a really simple yet good idea. An incentive to actually take and keep bases.

doyouskate
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Fix the laming? Easy.

If that worked, we wouldn't still be complaining about base laming.

Jesper
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
As long as it was made clear that lamers won't be included in this weekly prize. Otherwise its just going to go off of who got the most kills.

otherwise its a really simple yet good idea. An incentive to actually take and keep bases.

There should be a prize for the player of the week !

Maybe the player who were player of the week, gets a new special (player of the week) weapon. The player of next week, will also get that weapon, and then it will be removed by the other player of the last week. Like a switch-cup (weapon)

Good idea?

MagikMasterMind
02-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Its not effective since the lamers usually have jetpacks and they tend to just take base 3 after you've taken them all...
and it doesn't do much I've attempted this plenty of timesHave you ever tough of proxing that bases <.<?

And it does work. When I don't feel like laming, (Yes, I'm honest) I do this. And players get pissed off and they start playing the game for wins.

I remember these old days when we were all running at base 1 to protect it. That was insane.

MiniOne
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Have you ever tough of proxing that bases <.<?

And it does work. When I don't feel like laming, (Yes, I'm honest) I do this. And players get pissed off and they start playing the game for wins.

I remember these old days when we were all running at base 1 to protect it. That was insane.

Actually I've tried a load of methods you've been on when i tried taking all the bases and I would use proxies but i had under 200 zone money when i did this >.<... I'll try with proxies some time soon :)

Ravenblade1979
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Jesper your one of the ones who does lame so I don't think you would be eligable for it. The idea was for the person who "WON THE MOST IRICIA ROUNDS"(as in capturing and holding the last base to win the round and start a new one) not WHO COULD LAME THE MOST KILLS.

But that weapon idea is a good one.

Jesper
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Jesper your one of the ones who does lame so I don't think you would be eligable for it. The idea was for the person who "WON THE MOST IRICIA ROUNDS"(as in capturing and holding the last base to win the round and start a new one) not WHO COULD LAME THE MOST KILLS.

But that weapon idea is a good one.

You don't play Zone, so how you know I lame ?

Maybe in the past, not nowadays.

and my idea was not a idea for the one who wins the most ircia rounds....

Ravenblade1979
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
No yours was for player of the week. I think they have something in place for that (without the prize). What we were talking about is a prize for the person who can win the most Iricia Rounds in the week. As you can see this thread is about "proposition to stop bunker laming" and not how to increase laming even more.

MiniOne
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Well jasper you do lame and I do play zone :)

@Ravenblade good idea but wouldn't be simpler for most bases captured since statistics for that can be saved on high scores. We can have a high score for most bases captured this week and one for most bases caught out of the whole time and the person with the most captured bases captured this week should get some sort of a prize.

Flaws in this idea is when the server is dead a lot of people can just catch bases. As well as just standing there with a friend exchanging captures in bases.

Ravenblade1979
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM

@Ravenblade good idea but wouldn't be simpler for most bases captured since statistics for that can be saved on high scores. We can have a high score for most bases captured this week and one for most bases caught out of the whole time and the person with the most captured bases captured this week should get some sort of a prize.

Flaws in this idea is when the server is dead a lot of people can just catch bases. As well as just standing there with a friend exchanging captures in bases.

It would be simpler for most bases captured indeed. Now that I think of it then it would be alot easier but your right people just switch off for fun. Thats why you could do the iricia wins instead.

Could even do team points on iricia. That was its more of a incentive to capture bases. Once a week the team with the most Iricia wins will be able to use a special weapon the next week but only if they are on that team. Its not useable anywhere else in zone.

jurre24d
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM

He was talking to Raven, not about ''MiniOne''.

pico57
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Stop bunker laming in almost impossible i think
ther is too much people Who having fun on it

:rolleyes:

XD

Ravenblade1979
02-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Laming= easy kills and quick exp

there is no way laming will stop

bahamutstevetff
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Laming= easy kills and quick exp

there is no way laming will stop

actually the EXP is really slow, because the kills are usually on people its 0-2 bounty the exp is really slow.

deathmatch for exp :)

MiniOne
02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
@Ravenblade the flaw in having the team get a special gun is that people can go on either team so it wouldn't necessary stop anything. I think that Iricia should be only a planet only accessible when there are 5+ players. That way the idea for most bases captured will be more effective and less people could just log on when there are 0 players
But I what i really would like to see is just people stopping their lame styles.
(We all know this will be almost impossible.)

@Jurre I was simply confirming that what Ravenblade was saying is accurate. Since he doesn't supposedly play, I thought I'd reinforce his point since I'm a active player and do see what happens within the game.

Ravenblade1979
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
@MiniOne: Yeah I see your point about the weapon but if its for that team only then if they switch they are screwed.

MiniOne
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
I think a good idea for a team event is to get the community guilds up then allowing teams which win the most games within the week to get access to a special rifle/pistol,