PDA

View Full Version : Bring back spin attack.

maximus_asinus
02-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Well not necessarily spin attack, but it is just one example of something small that existed on old Classic that would fit nicely on new Classic. It is small, and I assume relatively easy to script. You guys might not be able to release big things like quests at a speedy rate, but I'm sure you could stuff a lot of small things into Classic while we're waiting. Another example of something small is treasure maps (Ziplock was showing me his treasure maps a little while ago).

Also, are you still accepting playerhouses? I asked Thor once but his response was "are you stupid?" so I'm not quite sure if that was a yes or no.

DustyPorViva
02-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Spin attack on Graal has always sucked. I'd like it if they tailored it to the same way Zelda does, though.

As far as I know, they don't do playerhouses anymore(which is a shame, as it was one of the major charms of Graal back when).

maximus_asinus
02-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Spin attack on Graal has always sucked. I'd like it if they tailored it to the same way Zelda does, though.Yeah, I always dropped my spin attack on my opponents before spars hoping they wouldn't notice.

Anyways, they don't have to recreate spin attack to behave exactly like it did on old Classic, it might be nice to see what kind of spin (no pun intended) the new devs put on it.

maximus_asinus
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Thor forum PMed me my answer for playerhouses. Thank you.

I have another small thing to add to my list (I am not entirely sure on the difficulty on this one); the display of hearts when you get hit. It doesn't seem like it is 100% functional (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't) and it is visually displeasing.

maximus_asinus
02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh I got two more suggestions; replace GC studios with the Singles Bar (and relocate GC studios), and make it so saints can be hit by NPCs like it used to be.

EclipsedAngel
02-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Default spin just acts like a plain sword swing when it comes to players, hitting only the front of you, but it did slash all bushes around you.
So yeah it sucked. UN fixed theirs though.

maximus_asinus
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Okay I have a few suggestions I'd like to make regarding the chat system. I don't want any arguements about the system in this thread, it is strictly for suggestions on improvement.

Log interactions between players and NPCs (example; if the NPC gives you an item, display the notification inside this window as "NPC gave you 'ITEMNAME'", or if a player transfers you an item have "PLAYER has transferred X ITEMNAME")
If the chat NPC is active, disable 'toalls', and 'toguilds' from being displayed on the minimap.
Track 'toalls' from the RC (not sure if this is possible).
Make the chat window movable and/or collapsible (resizable).
Notification when a player on your Buddy List logs on or logs off.
Integration into events (example; displays a message in a game like CTF when a flag is take/dropped/scored).
If possible, make hyperlinks in the toall field clickable so you can launch the page without copy/pasting the address.
HTML needs to be disabled within the chat window. Currently you're able to post images into it that will be available to everyone online. Will definately be abused.

I'm sure I can think of other suggest, but thats all for now.

BlackSolider
02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I like the point about messages displaying when a flag is grabbed/dropped/scored. Sometimes you'd like to know whats going on two levels away from you but you can't. Maybe a message in the chat would help.

Good idea.

maximus_asinus
02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Another idea:

Have seperate tabs for toalls, toguilds, and ingame chat. Maybe the heads could be:

General - ingame chat, and NPC interactions
Toalls and toguilds are self explanatory.

DustyPorViva
02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I suggest putting the log in a window that they player can bring up whenever they choose. It'll make it convenient if they need to look back, but never intruding in any way. Much like the F2 window.

maximus_asinus
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Change the chat menu's color or decrease the transparency. Things get harder to see when the chat system is over black tiles.

Unpredlctable
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
bring back spin attack please

maximus_asinus
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
bring back spin attack pleaseDo this.

Also, maybe an alternative method should be used to display chat from players who have 'Graal#####' accounts because it is frustrating trying to figure out who is talking between them.

Rufus
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Figure I'll post my suggestions though I've already spoke to WhiteDragon.
Stretch to fit the full screen when the map isn't there.
Linebreak long chat lines, because it's annoying when the bar stretches. Sure people can spam the chat, but they could do that anway.
Change the [Indicator] to the bubble it would be represented by through the regular system and get someone to make one for ordinary chat.
Display emoticons like they do in PM's. There's a list of what they are and what text they parse on the here (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/misc.php?do=showsmilies).

Do this.

Also, maybe an alternative method should be used to display chat from players who have 'Graal#####' accounts because it is frustrating trying to figure out who is talking between them.

They just need to find the community name rather than the player, I think.

maximus_asinus
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Could someone rename this thread to something more appropriate?

Also thought of:

The ability to bold, italicize, and underline (and maybe strike through) all text displayed in the chat system (a built in system, like I select the text and with a click of the button the word is tagged for formatting, like on the forums).
Results from commands such as 'showadmins', 'showonlinetime', etc, should be displayed in the chat system.
Commands like 'sethat', 'sethead', 'warpto', etc, should not be displayed in the system at all.
I don't want to see this system take over the playerlist, but if at all possible a command to PM a person from the chat line (example; <PM ACCOUNT> Hello!</PM> would send an actual PM to the player if online.
If at all possible, staff messages should appear in toalls. Especially if the option above is possible.

Remonq
02-28-2009, 10:22 AM
i just was messing around with it for the first time, DC helped explain everything to me and i really like it the way it is. the only 2 things i would do to improve it is an option to change the opacity of it and a way to resize it, that's all

DarkCloud_PK
02-28-2009, 11:00 AM
max i only have get what you're saying because i've been drinking and am extremely tired so I'm just going to throw out this fact to see if its relevant or not.

As it is now, there is no way to inercept or read any sort of content of a PM or mass message of a player to another player. Only if you PM/Mass the NPC server, could you capture the contents of a PM or Mass. Stefan made it that way to protect privacy of PMs so they couldn't be logged etc.

WhiteDragon
03-01-2009, 08:17 AM
As it is now, there is no way to inercept or read any sort of content of a PM or mass message of a player to another player. Only if you PM/Mass the NPC server, could you capture the contents of a PM or Mass. Stefan made it that way to protect privacy of PMs so they couldn't be logged etc.
Actually, it's entirely possible, in more than one way. We'd have to get permission to do it though.

DarkCloud_PK
03-02-2009, 07:24 AM
WD, I love the chat system and how it is evolving so far.
-If there is just a way to resize it and/or move it.
-Make it linebreak long text instead of making a horizontal scrollbar.
-Make a max amount of chars that can be sent to prevent spamming from linebreaks.
-Disable certain "channels" via an options menu.(like disable toalls or level chat, all preference)

I think it would be perfect and you could make it default.

Lyndzey
03-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Bring back the search for the Black Graal!

DarkCloud_PK
03-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Lyndzey pls make request for pizza team revival.

Luda
03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Shes asked for it tons of times, theres just no one who would script it!
BTW Sup Lyndzey

MysticX2X
03-03-2009, 06:26 AM
That Chat box would be cool if it wasn't so big and surrounded by a black box, so it could be easier for team interaction in some events like how Era does their /toguild thing (Not implying to be like Era.)

Lyndzey
03-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Lyndzey pls make request for pizza team revival.

OMG forgot about that, we definitely need to bring that back. I need to find that Com#### guy again to script a new one that works with this NPC-server thing.