PDA

View Full Version : Something That's grinding my gears

PrinceOfKenshin
01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I would just like to say that the fact that no one seems to be the slightly interested in Delteria completely grinds my gears. You all have complained for years about how no one is making new stuff. And have any of you taken the time to look at their server? The graphics are amazing, simple but amazing. They have a lot of good things coming but lack the support of you all. So how about you take the time and look at it and support it. That's all i have to say thank you and good bye

Angelu
01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
There is "what" to do on Delteria ?

Rufus
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
There is a couple of different quality servers that can't find staff, it's just how Graal and the developer community is at the moment. It isn't going to just fix itself either.

Matt
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
There is a couple of different quality servers that can't find staff, it's just how Graal and the developer community is at the moment. It isn't going to just fix itself either.

Agreed.

FaLLChiLD
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
This isn't a new problem either, it's kind of retarded if I must say.

I love Sandz for what he has done and is/will do...I really feel he is the biggest part of Delteria being what is it right now

Edit:
There is "what" to do on Delteria ?
This grinds my gears more than anything. There would be more if there were more scripting help. Scripting has been the biggest problem and for you to come in here when this thread is clearly about the lack of support of graal developers for a server that would be worth playing is just ignorant. He stated the graphics are beautiful and something actually worth looking at. The world is beautiful, things people have never seen in a graal server and probably ever will see again are there.

I'm sure you're all going to be more than happy to apply when Delt is actually reaping the benefits of success/player count.

Soala
01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Delteria has cute and great graphics, and I've spent more than a day looking at them all, but well there is nothing else to do, but I still visit it sometimes.

Cloven
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I appreciate the thread Mike, though it doesn't help that all of the updates for Delteria are on our dev server. It does make it difficult for people to actually see what we've been doing, though I'm sure if more people would offer to lend a hand they'd realize that there's much more in the works than the lack of content we've left on the public server from 2007 (which I might add is severely outdated at this point). I suppose it helps that Tig, Bell, Skyld and some others all love what we're working on very much.

For anybody else who reads this and is a competent developer in an area other than level making (competent gs2-scripters specifically needed), please feel free to send me a forum PM. I will try to make it a point to create a new thread regarding Delteria in the near future so people can have a better idea of what's going on.

Also, Mike you're still welcome to sign on dev as you like.

Angelu
01-28-2009, 07:47 AM
This grinds my gears more than anything. There would be more if there were more scripting help. Scripting has been the biggest problem and for you to come in here when this thread is clearly about the lack of support of graal developers for a server that would be worth playing is just ignorant. He stated the graphics are beautiful and something actually worth looking at. The world is beautiful, things people have never seen in a graal server and probably ever will see again are there.

I'm sure you're all going to be more than happy to apply when Delt is actually reaping the benefits of success/player count.

Ehm lol ?
The Graphics are more quantity than quality
and evry Server has probs with finding Staff
so Delteria is nothing special :noob:
for me there are better Servers out there who really need Staff
ahh and nope this thread isnt clearly about the lack of developers its about that Mike said Delteria needs more attention...
if there is nothing to do on the Server so why to stay there

My idea is to add some "Gameplay" and than ask for Staffs and Players again

TheSpude_P2P
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with Angelu I think players care mostly about gameplay then graphics. And tutorials and knowing the point of the server and stuff. Delteria doesn't really make sense compared to every other server that seem to have some sort of purpose. PVPing/Pking/sparring(player killing)/events seem to play the biggest part in getting players on servers these days. I guess you could say the level design should be also pk friendly. Honestly Delteria has some weird long cluttered close styled levels. : p

02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
as much as I like delteria- it's still only a pics1.png edit

Crono
02-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Delteria's cities are the best and have been since 2002. Just a shame the same can't be said about their normal outside levels. :frown:

"Only"?

02-01-2009, 05:00 PM
yes, it looks great don't get me wrong but it's just a whole lot of pics1.png recolors. what seperates Delteria from Unholy Nation other than the tileset?

Crow
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
yes, it looks great don't get me wrong but it's just a whole lot of pics1.png recolors. what seperates Delteria from Unholy Nation other than the tileset?

You should stick to coding.

02-01-2009, 05:03 PM
from what i've seen- the only difference is the tileset. If i'm wrong I apologize, but really what else is there?

Just talked to someone and apparently there is much more to Delteria than meets the eye. Well, their dev server anyhow.

Crono
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM

Have you seen the building tiles? And why does the tileset matter so much.

You can say the same about Npulse, Classic, etc but this is what Graal really is.

xXziroXx
02-01-2009, 05:29 PM
this is what Graal really is.

Not really, the way Graal is built it encourages people to use custom tilesets rather then sticking with the original.

Rufus
02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Not really, the way Graal is built it encourages people to use custom tilesets rather then sticking with the original.

Limited tileset size and predefined reactions to the tiles are not an encouragement to deviate from the general Graal style.

Frankie
02-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Limited tileset size and predefined reactions to the tiles are not an encouragement to deviate from the general Graal style.
how is the tileset size limited?
maybe limited in 1 file, but you can have as many tileset files as you want. in fact, it's better to be that way because if you have so many tiles that you need to have different files for them, it's better organization.

Nataxo
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
I like the graphics too, and I wish I could've played it when it was active...=[

TheSpude_P2P
02-02-2009, 04:02 AM
A lesson learned! Care less about your tileset's and pay attention to more important things first!

DarkRenji
02-02-2009, 05:19 AM
If it had any kind of player count, I'd look into it..

Sage_Shadowbane
02-02-2009, 05:59 AM
How would it have any type of playercount if the place that the server is being developed is locked to staff only.. ? Either way. I will say that I am now working there and it is probably the most interesting server i've seen on Graal to date.

DustyPorViva
02-03-2009, 02:06 AM
how is the tileset size limited?
maybe limited in 1 file, but you can have as many tileset files as you want. in fact, it's better to be that way because if you have so many tiles that you need to have different files for them, it's better organization.
Without very good organization it can be very limited. Sometimes, organization isn't enough, and there just isn't enough room for all the tiles needed. It happens, rarely, but it still happens.

6Burning6Church6
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I appreciate all the positive feedback. As for the complaints that we are just a remake of pics1.png... Well I really don't know what to say other than the fact that you must not have seen any of the screen shots in the older threads showing a wider aspect of what the Overworld will look like. I'd just like to reiterate for those of you who do not know, what is public on Delteria right now is a very much outdated BETA release of just ONE city on the Overworld. For whomever commented on how the city was not pk friendly and overly cluttered, myself and the Delterian Staff Team agree with you on this point and they have in fact made it much more of a pk friendly area.

I am going to try to encourage the staff team to release a thread with a decent preview of some of what we have to offer sometime within the next few months to try and get some possible new recruits to the staff roster excited and more inclined to come and work for us sometime within the next month or two.

Any help that anybody would want to give to the server would be much appreciated, and as Cloven said you can either forum PM him for an application to any staff position, or you can register at forums.delteria.com and send a forum PM there to Tiamat (for levels), Riot (for scripting), or Sandz (for gfx) to apply directly to your department. I also take applications for any position, however, my response time will be much much slower than any of the other people mentioned and all I would do is take your application to any of the fore-mentioned administrators.

You will probably be all happy to know that progress on Delteria has been going much faster than in years passed, although we do still lack a full gs2 scripting team, so look forward to public updates sometime within the new year.

Angel_Light
02-07-2009, 12:04 PM

Why must it be non-pics1.png to be cool? Yeah it's different, but pics1.png gives the true Graal feeling in my mind. Deteria has elaborated on it and it is quite beautiful still. I think one of the major problems is a bunch of servers have drifted away from a storyline "Because it's too hard or just not fun" and have defaulted to, just actually killing each other. Some games like that are great, (I'm not allowed to name them though), but a lot of games people love, are ones that have the pk relentless thing but actually have to do it with friends to proceed to the next "stage" in game play. It grinds my gears that everyone just wants to

1. Shoot'N'Kill
2. Get points/money to buy better weapon(s)
3. Repeat

People just have to 'think different'.

Rave_J
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
lol the cave tiles
ok if u took UN that's pics1
if u seen Delt. tiles set its different
what i think they did is like N-Pulse did with the n-pulse rebirth tiles set
u draw a img then u place it there very different as i can tell cause i can lat pretty good
the building tiles are pretty confusing but u can get it done u just got to find out how they did it that's all