PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse is Hiring All Positions!

Novice
01-16-2009, 11:16 PM
That's right folks, N-Pulse is hiring all positions!
But this is not a normal job offer. You will be part of the special team known as Operations Squadron, or OPs Squad for short, and they focus on N-Pulse Rebirth.

N-Pulse Rebirth will add a whole new feel to RPGing.
For example, the AP (Alignment Points) system will actually mean something. Your motivation can be good, evil, or even a mix of both with the new NPC Chat Dialogue system. You can lie to them and get what you want, or be truthful and help them out. Bonuses will come to you in this game from your motivation.
Another new feel to RPGing is the ability to not have a specific class. This means you will be able to add skill points to all ranges of the types of combat and also not stuck with the same skills all the time.
There is much more that hasn't been seen before, but I don't want to spoil it all too much.

---

We are hiring:

Development Staff
Graphics Designers (GAT) - You will need to be able to make weapons, armor, spell graphics, etc.
Level Designers (LAT) - You will need to know how to make NPCs and script them. You will also need to be able to make indoor and outdoor levels.
Programming Designers (NAT) - You must be fluent in GS2.
Special Effects (Gani)(SFX) - You will need to know how to either make Graal Animations or sounds.
Concept Design - You will need to be able to write storylines, make roughdrafts of things, etc.

Non-Development Staff
Communications (PR) - These staff will be the people who will get messages across from the OPs Squad to players and vice-versa

This job is not a laughing matter. This job should be taken seriously. There are strict rules you have to acknowlege, and that's that you can't have any other staff position on another server (other than normal ET/FAQ) and that you also can not let out any information. You will also get quite a few Gelat from completing certain tasks.

---

Please use one of the following contact methods if you'd like to be hired:

Novice (Senior Chief of OPs Squad)
MSN - [email protected]
Forum PM - Novice
In Game - Graal693871:Novice

Chang (N-Pulse Manager)
In Game - DesolateRestriction

Kez (N-Pulse Assistant Manager)
MSN - [email protected]
In Game - The_Kez:Kez Restriction

Rave_J
01-17-2009, 02:42 AM
shoot i would try out for LAT

Twinny
01-17-2009, 06:12 AM
What are these terms? Any pictures of this mysterious world?

Chompy
01-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Hmm, I have to say good luck with the hiring.

Last time I sent in an application I never got an answer back on the email I sent :o

xXziroXx
01-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Last time I sent in an application I never got an answer back on the email I sent :o

Same here, it was the one server I considered working on after Mythic went offline (6 or so months ago) and since I never got a reply I went to Kingdoms instead.

Unkownsoldier
01-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Same here.

xXziroXx
01-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Same here.

In your case I can understand quite perfectly why they wouldn't reply. :rolleyes:

Cloven
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
In your case I can understand quite perfectly why they wouldn't reply. :rolleyes:

Even so, having a trolling-boner for this guy isn't bringing any resolution to the situation.

Matt
01-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone who wanted/wants to apply, and did not receive a response back, i suggest you attempt again. Alot of hirings have been done through last week, and this week will be the same.

Novice
01-18-2009, 08:44 PM
What are these terms? Any pictures of this mysterious world?
The main idea of the terms have been put up. Pictures will come soon enough.

Hmm, I have to say good luck with the hiring.

Same here, it was the one server I considered working on after Mythic went offline (6 or so months ago) and since I never got a reply I went to Kingdoms instead.
This was during a time I was not staff. I can assure you everything sent to me is acknowleged, I'm not sure about Chang and Kez.

xXziroXx
01-18-2009, 09:07 PM
This was during a time I was not staff. I can assure you everything sent to me is acknowleged, I'm not sure about Chang and Kez.

At the time, my application was sent to some DarkReaper0 kid. Something along those ways at least.

Novice
01-18-2009, 09:11 PM
At the time, my application was sent to some DarkReaper0 kid. Something along those ways at least.

Yes that's Ice I'm pretty sure. I have no clue where he is now or if he's even still staff on N-Pulse anymore.

Matt
01-18-2009, 09:12 PM

He's no longer in the server options.

Novice
01-26-2009, 04:56 AM
We've got a sneak peak, thanks to Matt.
Check it out.

ekS7Pe7pO_8
uMpEkP0pOVw

Darlene159
01-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Check it out.
Wow, that looks really cool. Looks like you guys have been working hard. I am proud of you. :)

Twinny
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Not impressed in the slightest. How is this N-Pulse? Did you guys lose what N-Pulse is during your development?

Darlene159
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Not impressed in the slightest. How is this N-Pulse? Did you guys lose what N-Pulse is during your development?I believe it is time for N-Pulse to move on from the classic feel. It obviously isn't working. I, for one, am happy to see drastic changes. It has been needed for a long time.

The_Kez
01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Those of you discussing the Rebirth project keep in mind:

1) Events, Sparring, and Castle wars (along with the classic PK level) will all remain classic. They will not be using the new fighting system. So those who enjoy the classic fighting system will still be able to enjoy it.

2) We are doing our best to balance those who would like to see new features, and something to do (instead of just events, and idling) and people who like the classic feel of N-Pulse. The new fighting system imitates as much as possible the classic fighting feel which Graal has had since it began.

If you have any suggestions for Rebirth, feel free to message our Communications team (Matt, Geo, or Gengarz), or myself. Complaining about the way things look without offering suggestions of your own won't help us move things in a direction which you would like.

DarkReaper0
01-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Yes that's Ice I'm pretty sure. I have no clue where he is now or if he's even still staff on N-Pulse anymore.

I'm the infamous NAT Chief that vanished overnight [Ice].

I assumed my sudden disappearance from graal aside from an occasional troll on the forums sent a message that I lost interest in graal?

I hope I don't work there anymore, because that was months ago ;)
Not to make this post a rambling blog, but I don't take charity jobs on the internet seriously.

Edit: Anyone else burst out laughing when they saw 'Operations Squad'

ahhhh.......what a gimmick.

Twinny
01-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Edit: Anyone else burst out laughing when they saw 'Operations Squad'

ahhhh.......what a gimmick.

Yeah..... same crap new title.

Kamaeru
01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Aside from Unholy Nation, Graal now has no servers that even elude to the fun gameplay that they originated with.

And I'm pretty sure nobody has ever cared to play Unholy Nation for its raw classic gameplay. It's pretty much the only server that really needs to be changed.

All of this bull makes me want to go and make a simple classic graal server with high production values. If you think about it, it would take next to no programming skill, and the end product would own the living fecal matter out of all the servers of present. Plus, since it would hardly have any players--it would actually be a reasonable idea to make an extremely small overworld with this classic theme.

Focus on quests and things that A Link to the Past was designed for... then you have an amazing Graal server. Unless you have the skill to program Graal2001 yourself. Then you should have a mighty product on your hand.

Dumdumdidi
01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Well Npulse is npulse because it is has the best event system.
I hope Rebirth Staff wont forget that as well :)

Elizabeth
01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
i'd try out for LAT but i want to give everyone else a fair chance

LordSquirt
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
N-Pulse one of my favorite servers back in the day. To me it looks like they are going in the right direction and seems like they are focusing things that made N-Pulse, N-Pulse. However, they are also improving it to attract more players on going on the server. At this rate who knows maybe I'll even start hopping on NP from time to time.

Good job to both Chang + Kez

Rufus
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Who is doing your level work?

thesmoothcriminal
01-28-2009, 05:41 AM
Check it out.

ekS7Pe7pO_8
uMpEkP0pOVw

Screw what those others think. This is a good move for n-pulse.

New tileset wouldnt go astray

WarLord2004
01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
All i hear is complain about a lookalike of zodiac... ect and the server system..ect

Where is the complain of the GFX?

I mean comon i believe Graphics Team Don't get as much respect as they should...

Anyways just to spice a few things up not only would the sword/staff would rule these lands of N-Pulse Rebirth but we are working on a very complicated PET System which plays a role in a big part of N-Pulse Rebirth...

Which means they would be helpers in your battle or questing....
Firstly these pets are not just easy to get they need to be breeded from EGG to BIRTH TO ADULT..... also every once in a while the pet system in the near future would be updated so you pets can do some quest and gain some exp..ect and GET new skills..

Besides a couple of videos...ect i shall post some screen shots of the graphics team work.....I'll do so in the next few days..

Novice
02-01-2009, 07:03 AM
We've made a website, thanks to Matt who got the host.
http://www.npulse-rebirth.com/
and the forums
http://www.npulse-rebirthc.com/ (http://www.npulse-rebirth.com/forums/)

SymphoniaPrince
02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Hmm...do your thing Chang.
I'm sure it'll be awesome,
especially with your awesome
gang skills that are almost as good
as mine! Lol....

-Fly

Novice
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Just an update:
The OPs Squad has been renamed to Operations
We need a lot more help with Concept Design, Scripting, and Special Effects.
Please try not to ask about a job with other positions, because we have enough of each for now.

Stromstedt
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't see how changing the name of a staff position will assist in getting things done any quicker. I don't really believe in redoing all of Graal's aspects to make it different.. If you want to change how Graal is, why don't you learn how to program and make your own game??

Seriously, this OPs/Operations Squadron is a huge joke and every time I see someone with this tag on, I want to laugh to myself. Half of the people on N-Pulse don't like Zodiac, and I think that this will actually work in the opposite direction that the upper staff on N-Pulse think will happen.

I love N-Pulse, but why mimic something that a successful server has done? Yes, it might look better than Zodiac, but all this will do is attract a lot of the very people that people on N-Pulse hate Zodiac for. The videos look nice, but the concepts are totally not even in the same ballpark.

WanDaMan
02-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Lovely videos!1

Motherat
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone who wanted/wants to apply, and did not receive a response back, i suggest you attempt again. Alot of hirings have been done through last week, and this week will be the same.

I guess I'll be the protector GP.

DesolateRestriction
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't see how changing the name of a staff position will assist in getting things done any quicker. I don't really believe in redoing all of Graal's aspects to make it different.. If you want to change how Graal is, why don't you learn how to program and make your own game??

Seriously, this OPs/Operations Squadron is a huge joke and every time I see someone with this tag on, I want to laugh to myself. Half of the people on N-Pulse don't like Zodiac, and I think that this will actually work in the opposite direction that the upper staff on N-Pulse think will happen.

I love N-Pulse, but why mimic something that a successful server has done? Yes, it might look better than Zodiac, but all this will do is attract a lot of the very people that people on N-Pulse hate Zodiac for. The videos look nice, but the concepts are totally not even in the same ballpark.

I believe this was a thread regarding available staff positions on N-Pulse and some information about project Rebirth. Not "omg I'm going to whine and troll about how I don't like a new staff department on N-Pulse even though my knowledge of it is very limited bawww."

Lurk moar, troll elsewhere.

Novice
03-06-2009, 04:42 AM
I believe this was a thread regarding available staff positions on N-Pulse and some information about project Rebirth. Not "omg I'm going to whine and troll about how I don't like a new staff department on N-Pulse even though my knowledge of it is very limited bawww."

Lurk moar, troll elsewhere.
Exactly.

Also, seems we don't have the dev server anymore, but we're still working on parts of the project on the main server, and hiring all positions.

Novice
03-21-2009, 11:37 PM
We've got our Debug server back, so more things should be done now.
We also updated our forum/site. Check it out: http://www.npulse-rebirth.com/

Imperialistic
03-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Who is doing your level work?

zeldie90, AcidTelvecho, Andy182, SlikRick, and I.

Novice
04-02-2009, 01:00 AM
If there are any scripters willing to help it would be greatly appreciated!
Also, please do not email to [email protected] anymore (you can still use MSN for it, though), but instead use [email protected]

devilsknite1
04-02-2009, 01:59 AM
If there are any scripters willing to help it would be greatly appreciated!
Also, please do not email to [email protected] anymore (you can still use MSN for it, though), but instead use [email protected]

psst
You told me you had plenty of programmers
Why are they all on UN? :oo:

Matt
04-02-2009, 05:10 AM
psst

I'm sure you getting fired and bringing your inactive friend with you to UN is the reason.

Anyways, there are other positions hiring so to find out which ones are just hop on and read the login news menu or visit our forums.

Novice
04-03-2009, 01:44 AM
psst

I believe I had said that we had a few programmers, not that we had plenty like Bill Gate's $100 bills.

xnervNATx
04-03-2009, 03:16 AM
why would you apply for npulse, ****ty server , zodiac WANNABE!!!

Chompy
04-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Go away. :noob:

The_Blue_Cracka
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM

It's hard to tell if this is a joke.

N-Pulse was around before even Unholy Nation was classic. Besides, everyone knows Zodiac is only a Graal Kingdoms wannabe.

xnervNATx
04-03-2009, 07:06 PM
It's hard to tell if this is a joke.

N-Pulse was around before even Unholy Nation was classic. Besides, everyone knows Zodiac is only a Graal Kingdoms wannabe.

npulse having this huge update will end up like delteria. plus we all know staff there are all corrupt. zodiac is a gk wannabe indeed, but zodiac is afree version of gk , and has way more players than gk.

Switch
04-05-2009, 07:27 AM
npulse having this huge update will end up like delteria. plus we all know staff there are all corrupt. zodiac is a gk wannabe indeed, but zodiac is afree version of gk , and has way more players than gk.

Not gonna lie, but dude you shouldn't judge because of what other servers have done.
That's like saying all 3D MMORPG Fantasy games are wannabe's of WoW just because it has more players. I doubt WoW was made back when the first 3D MMORPG Fantasy game was made.

Honestly, I think this is a good thing for NP. It was my first non-Gold server, and was great then, but died out. This sounds like it may be a large step in the right direction.

Imperialistic
04-05-2009, 07:33 AM

You make yourself sound like an idiot. So you're basically saying any server that wants to become RPG is a Zodiac "wannabe"?

That's like saying UN is a Classic "wannabe".

You should really stop making yourself look like a fool.

GillespieTAG
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Well, servers that are similar can be good. Can creates healthy competition.

There seems to be some highlighted differences in N-Pulse's take on an RPG server.

"Classic" servers are boring, imo. And from N-Pulses player count, a lot of others don't either.

Switch
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
You make yourself sound like an idiot. So you're basically saying any server that wants to become RPG is a Zodiac "wannabe"?

Actually, UN would be a Classic wannabe because UN has more players :asleep:

devilsknite1
04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Well, servers that are similar can be good. Can creates healthy competition.

There seems to be some highlighted differences in N-Pulse's take on an RPG server.

"Classic" servers are boring, imo. And from N-Pulses player count, a lot of others don't either.

Servers that are similar bring boredom to Graal. Say I was playing something far away from classic, such as Era, then I had the sudden urge to bash my S key and have an obnoxious noise come out of it. Wait, I can't! Why? Because all the servers have the same goal. Now, what N-Pulse is doing is smart. They are trying to make what the players are interested right now. It's not Classic anymore, that was so 2001.

For those who think this is dumb, just be glad they aren't turning into every other player world now. Modern.

Cloven
04-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Similarities are healthy and unavoidable. What ultimately matters is execution and goals.

Server clones are bad, on a side note, and it is important to distinguish between the two in any regard.

devilsknite1
04-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Well, if there are 6 of the same goal-based servers on the Classic Tab, what else is there to do?

Cloven
04-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Well, if there are 6 of the same goal-based servers on the Classic Tab, what else is there to do?

My previous post inferred that the goals of servers should be unique in some regard. Perhaps you misunderstood..

GillespieTAG
04-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Similarities are healthy and unavoidable. What ultimately matters is execution and goals.

Server clones are bad, on a side note, and it is important to distinguish between the two in any regard.I agree. Need to bring your own ideas and innovations but doesn't mean you can't have a leveling system and stats.

Matt
04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Agreed, well said. Most people don't understand that, which is why a lot of servers get called 'Clones' or 'Wannabees'. I can assure you guys, N-Pulse is bringing it's own creations, ideas, and uniqueness to the table.

Imperialistic
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM

This is what I just said.

DarkReaper0
04-08-2009, 12:09 AM

Go away hun, the adults who actually know what's going on are busy having a serious discussion.

xnervNATx
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Go away hun, the adults who actually know what's going on are busy having a serious discussion.

i was giving my opinion , your not the one that will restrict me from posting here kid

Switch
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
This is what I just said.
Orly?
Look what I said compared to you.

I gave reason ;) No point just SAYING that.

I agree. Need to bring your own ideas and innovations but doesn't mean you can't have a leveling system and stats.
Which all (unless they're veeeeery different) RPGs have.

Agreed, well said. Most people don't understand that, which is why a lot of servers get called 'Clones' or 'Wannabees'. I can assure you guys, N-Pulse is bringing it's own creations, ideas, and uniqueness to the table.
Actually, a lot of servers get called clones and wannabes because they try to do almost exactly what Era does, which different guns and levels and maybe jobs.
But good you're trying to get your own style.

i was giving my opinion , your not the one that will restrict me from posting here kid
It's different to give your opinion and know what's happening than to just say some random stuff because of its looks.

Crono
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
You people need to stop giving Zodiac such a good name by saying xyz is a "Zodiac clone".

npulse having this huge update will end up like delteria

Delteria isn't finished at all. What it has now is just a preview.

Cloven
04-08-2009, 09:36 PM
You people need to stop giving Zodiac such a good name by saying xyz is a "Zodiac clone".

Delteria isn't finished at all. What it has now is just a preview.

At this point I wouldn't even call what Delteria looks like a preview, as it was more or less deliberate sabotage from an inherently asinine staff member who was dealt with swiftly for his indiscretions. :D

What we have on Delteria Dev, on the other hand, is just sexy. Granted, the wait has been overly long, but anybody who has been privileged enough to see it knows that it's worth it.

Rufus
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
What we have on Delteria Dev, on the other hand, is just sexy. Granted, the wait has been overly long, but anybody who has been privileged enough to see it knows that it's worth it.

Little off topic here, but I heard it's nearly done?

Cloven
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Little off topic here, but I heard it's nearly done?

Comparatively speaking that's probably true. I realize that answer is rather ambiguous, but there are still things that need completed before we can safely re-release and have it be playable and enjoyed. Chances are I will be attempting to hire some help for this, though I don't see any reason why we should not be able to have a summer release provided things stay on course and I acquire a bit of assistance, mainly with some of the scripting that is currently needed (much of it is remedial, though there are a few things of greater importance).

On a side note, sorry to have unintentionally hijacked this thread for the moment.

DarkReaper0
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
It's different to give your opinion and know what's happening than to just say some random stuff because of its looks.

Which is why I responded like I would to an ingorant child.

Don't take this the wrong way though, ignorance is not knowing something, not an insult.

Switch
04-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Which is why I responded like I would to an ingorant child.

Don't take this the wrong way though, ignorance is not knowing something, not an insult.

Which is why I cleared it up for her (I think?), or she (still, I think?) would still be in the dark saying "I ARNT DUM IK WUTZ HAPNIN"

Imperialistic
04-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Back to the topic please? Matt/Novice, is their any info on that you're willing to release to the public, such as how 'unique' it's going to be and such?

Matt
04-10-2009, 05:15 AM
This thread will be closed soon, but a new thread containing a few new screenies to show whats done, a few short descriptions of what exactly you can expect, progress updates and more !

Darlene159
04-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Closed at thread creators request