PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Script

MoonAngel
04-01-2001, 03:46 PM
Remember Zelda 2 on the NES? Link's Awakening.

Well, Warren, one of the best scripter of graal that recently quit graal made a copy of the zelda game and you can throw a dagger-like thing when you're at max hp. I will upload the Gravity levels on Mithica in about 3 weeks. The script is too long for me to post here, but if you would like to have it, post a reply and ill need ur email too =P

Grey_Mage
04-01-2001, 04:26 PM
Sure can I have it? [email protected]

MoonAngel
04-01-2001, 04:58 PM
i bet almost every server will have the npc levels soon. bah.. at least Mithica will have done one good thing in its chaotic life!

grim_squeaker_x
04-01-2001, 06:58 PM
It isn't that hard to script actually, just make the player always go down (As long as the tiles under him/her are not onwall), assign the 'A' button to allow jumping, and if the player's hearts are full shoot an extra projectile.

MoonAngel
04-02-2001, 07:53 AM
.....its VERY complicated, u have to check for onwall so that the player doesnt pass through wallz and many other details like that, try scripting it

Thak2
04-02-2001, 10:47 AM
It wouldnt be as hard as it would be long to make.

TylerS36
04-02-2001, 10:47 AM
mithica couldnt script there way out of a box.

MoonAngel
04-02-2001, 01:44 PM
You're so wrong, the only reason why Mithica currently sucks, is cause Brett of Elven Land Hacked our FTP and had FUN with it. We do have proofs that he did it.

Anyways, Mithica will go Under Reconstruction Soon and we will have our own NPCServer, we have about 500 new levels and are making many other levels. It will have a totally new system. You really don't know a thing about Mithica.

grim_squeaker_x
04-02-2001, 06:28 PM
I'll script a whole gravity system thingy when I'm feeling like it, you only have to check for the ceiling and floor anyways.

game_king
04-03-2001, 04:33 PM
can i have it [email protected]

EvilPoptart
04-04-2001, 03:29 AM
hmm I'd like to see it [email protected]

MoonAngel
04-04-2001, 11:18 AM
ill post the scripts since ive made a few modifications, but i have to check with warren and psyker if they want me to post it.. if they dont, ill just give hints on how to make one yourself

04-04-2001, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't be that hard to make...

MoonAngel
04-04-2001, 12:05 PM
its hard and long to make if u dont know many things about scripting.

btw, still havent asked Warren and Psyker, should be answered tomorrow

Tyhm
04-09-2001, 06:04 AM
I made one of those in Ziegfried's....

MoonAngel
04-09-2001, 05:15 PM
oh thats right, but i havent seen urs so i guess they are both different since the one that made it has never stolen/copied other npcs.

ive removed a few things so ill post it now

MoonAngel
04-09-2001, 05:18 PM
ITS NOW TIME FOR ALL OF YOU NPC COPY-CATS TO TAKE IT TO YOUR SERVER. THIS WAS MADE ON MITHICA, FOR MITHICA SO ASDF TO YOU! =D =P Just give Warren the credits, he was NAT on Mithica until he quitted Graal. So please give him the credits! =)

//Experiment with gravity by Warren
if (playerenters) {
hide;
toweapons *Gravity;
playerx=int(playerx);
playery=int(playery);
playerdir=3;
timeout=0.05;
}
if (timeout&&isweapon) {
if (!antigravity) {
if (keydown(0)&&playersprite>=1&&playersprite<=8) playery+=0.5;
if (playerdir==0||playerdir==2) playerdir=gravdir;
if (onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwall(playerx+1.5 ,playery+3)) {
velocity=0;
playery=int(playery);
if (keydown(6)) velocity=-2;
}
else if (keydown(2)&&playersprite>=1&&playersprite<=8) playery-=0.5;
if (onwall(playerx+0.5,playery-0.1)||onwall(playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+ 1.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,playery-0.1)) velocity=0.1;
else {
if (velocity>-0.1&&velocity<=0) velocity=0.1;
if (velocity>3) velocity=3;
}
if (abs(velocity)>0) {
playery+=velocity/6;
if ((velocity>0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwall(playerx+1.5 ,playery+3)))||(velocity<0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,p layery)))) playery=int(playery);
else playery+=velocity/6;
if ((velocity>0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwall(playerx+1.5 ,playery+3)))||(velocity<0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,p layery)))) playery=int(playery);
}
velocity+=abs(velocity/4);
if (this.shot==9) {
hideimg 345;
this.shot=0;
}
if (this.shot>0) {
if (this.sd==1) this.sx-=0.75;
if (this.sd==3) this.sx+=0.75;
showimg 345,busterl2d#v(this.sd).gif,this.sx,this.sy;
if (this.sd==1) {
if (testplayer(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitplayer testplayer(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testnpc(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitnpc testnpc(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testcompu(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitcompu testcompu(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
}
if (this.sd==3) {
if (testplayer(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitplayer testplayer(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testnpc(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitnpc testnpc(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testcompu(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitcompu testcompu(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
}
this.shot++;
}
if (playersprite==11&&playerhearts==playerfullhearts) {
this.shot=1;
this.sd=playerdir;
if (this.sd==1) {
this.sx=playerx-2;
this.sy=playery+1;
}
if (this.sd==3) {
this.sx=playerx+2;
this.sy=playery+1;
}
showimg 345,busterl2d#v(this.sd).gif,this.sx,this.sy;
}
if ((keydown(0)||keydown(2))&&!(keydown(1)||keydown(3))) playersprite=0;
if (keydown(1)&&!keydown(3)) playerdir=1;
if (keydown(3)&&!keydown(1)) playerdir=3;
gravdir=playerdir;
}
timeout=0.05;
}

MoonAngel
04-09-2001, 05:19 PM
oh and to most of you, dont try to figure out how it works if u havent been scripting much ; ) just Press A to jump.

funnylinkwantsbomys
04-09-2001, 05:55 PM
weird!!

grim_squeaker_x
04-09-2001, 08:26 PM
... You could put that in a system NPc (preferably invisible), then put in that it does that stuff if (level.sidescroll==1)

kyle0654
04-10-2001, 07:58 AM
*shudders*
haven't seen too many needlessly long scripts lately...but boy could I shorten this one...

Psyker
04-10-2001, 02:20 PM
Kyle at work :D
Let's just hope nobody copies it and puts it in their server. :o

grim_squeaker_x
04-10-2001, 07:52 PM
*pictures Kyle busy with putting all the stuff into arrays etc.*

MoonAngel
04-11-2001, 03:12 AM
Psyker, of course every server will have it soon =P as long as they give credits to the lord of the smileys, Warren =D

and anyways, im helping out for those that wanted a script like that ^_^

kyle0654
04-11-2001, 08:56 AM
Actually...just looking at it I think I'd figure out how it works first (haven't even looked at it yet though, sorry) and then redo the whole thing...

HIC
04-12-2001, 07:23 AM
I made a Graal Mario type game a long time ago...i dont think it is on my comp anymore though :(

funnylinkwantsbomys
04-12-2001, 08:34 AM
thats my idea don't go there!

MoonAngel
04-12-2001, 02:48 PM
too late, it was made on Mithica 2 months ago, Mario Spar =) but now Mithica is so messed up that i didnt bother putting it back, anyways have fun with da script =)

FatherDante
04-12-2001, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't qa true gravity script have to include gravitational acceleration at a gravitational constant times the time squared? That would be a nightmare!

Cyboars
04-12-2001, 08:00 PM
Silver send me the script, i'll make a thing for our guildhouse with it. ;-)

MoonAngel
04-13-2001, 09:02 AM
lol, u couldve asked on AIM =P

MoonAngel
04-13-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
Wouldn't qa true gravity script have to include gravitational acceleration at a gravitational constant times the time squared? That would be a nightmare!

yeah it would be a real nightmare to make that lol

MoonAngel
04-20-2001, 09:01 AM
BWAHAHAH i knew it would get on many servers but i never expected it to be on G2K1 Even if everyone says Stefan made his own, its much easier to get a perfect one here ; ) and its public, so who cares? but i cant believe its on new main lol

Tyhm
04-21-2001, 12:37 PM
9.8 m/s/s, or 9.8 meters per (second squared).

Psyker
04-23-2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MoonAngel
BWAHAHAH i knew it would get on many servers but i never expected it to be on G2K1 Even if everyone says Stefan made his own, its much easier to get a perfect one here ; ) and its public, so who cares? but i cant believe its on new main lol
Wow. I gotta tell Warren about this, eh? :)

milotheman
04-23-2001, 02:49 AM
ill take it
[email protected]

superkylegod
04-28-2001, 03:59 AM
i would like to see it i made one myself and it is longer than it is hard but i would
like to cheak out yours,
thanks Sepher [email protected]
check out www.angelfire.com/games3/tantaraserver it's a new player world goin up and it looks really good
unlike the rubbish ones up just now. Stefan take note

MoonAngel
04-28-2001, 09:36 AM
check out each and every page of this topic, its somewhere in there..

MoonAngel
04-28-2001, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Psyker

Wow. I gotta tell Warren about this, eh? :)

already did tell Warren you lagging Fish Ninja!

Nelm
04-30-2001, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Psyker
Kyle at work :D
Let's just hope nobody copies it and puts it in their server. :o
Me and Trinnexx are going to make a weapon out of it...hehehhehehehe....
if (weaponfired) {
Everyone on level goes splat;
}

MoonAngel
04-30-2001, 02:49 AM
mmmkay.. that would suck... and i could give everyone the original script that has a built-in weapon if your health is at max, just like in zelda 2 when u throw a dagger when ur at max health ; )

Nelm
04-30-2001, 09:34 AM
Me and Trinexx are going to have the best NPC's....I think Trinexx could rival Tyhm, but he holds tyhm in his mind as GraalScript god....Trinexx, the boy with the 160 IQ who wastes it on GraalScript.....hehehe....he wants to make a Sentient Being in GraalScript.....now that would be cool!!

MoonAngel
04-30-2001, 02:53 PM
we have yet to see it before you can say the npcs will be the best ;)

bb2k1
05-08-2001, 01:45 PM
I like that script aside from a few things:

No jump animation, when pressing up and you hit your head or nearly hit your head
you can walk along the top. :(

bb2k1
05-08-2001, 02:11 PM
Woohoo! I just fixed it. I was playing with the onwall, found that it was okay.
Just had to replace something (I forgot) with velocity-=.5; and it was a-ok!
I then added some keydowns that counteracts the normal velocity.
It's perfect, aside from the jump animation, but I don't mind.
Oh I added it to go SPROING when you jump.

Butz
06-18-2001, 04:22 AM
I made my own side scrolling jump script...It doesn't have a built in weapon or fancy animation yet....but it works.. It's going to be used for at least one quest on an upcoming unnamed server....(Work JUST started on it)....This is cool..

CrazedMerlin
06-18-2001, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by superkylegod
i would like to see it i made one myself and it is longer than it is hard but i would
like to cheak out yours,
thanks Sepher [email protected]
check out www.angelfire.com/games3/tantaraserver it's a new player world goin up and it looks really good
unlike the rubbish ones up just now. Stefan take note
Why does everyone think that if u put some grass together and name them levels and add some predefined objects then go to flamingtext.com and make a website,
that they have a playerworld "going up"?

ownerofbabylon
06-18-2001, 01:52 PM
LOL I agree, I know of atleast 30 so called Player Worlds going up and they have 10 levels, the only script is lay heart; and they have lots of Zoras running around :D Why cant people take there time and learn first???

GexGecko
06-20-2001, 10:50 AM
A server could at least be... original. Patches all over of grass is boring... But dungeons, towns, mountain climbs, etc., with time that seems effected by real life, good ganis, that's great. I don't put many grass fields. Just like one per travel... Since it shouldn't be n00bish, it has sweet Mountain Climbing ganis, swimming underwater (YOU CAN DROWN!!! YAH!!!), rope riding, trains, mine cars... make it yourself building tools (YAAAAY, you have to get money for your furniture, unless it's like chair, dining table, etc... AND YOU CAN BE ROBBED!), areas of gravity (like... MegaMan Graal...), and so much more you can't stand it. I'll give away the first dungeon, the one you start out in, but THAT'S IT.

First, you see a sweet scene (it plays an mpeg, guess you didn't see that npc command) of you falling in, and looking around. Then you go to the room on the right, grab the crystal, and RUN to the top door. Forget the left door... that's a secret. Run up the stairs, you're being chased. When you get on top of the metallic dungeon, THE BEST megaman legends ripoff cutscene occurs:
The robot comes up to you, then, your airship pilot (Alia) comes, and you back off, jump off and land on the plane. Sweeeet.

Long post? Oh well. :cool:

[edit: It's called Flamedra, the normal section. There are 2 sections: RPG and normal. It is not n00bish, i have level making experience...]

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 12:05 PM
areas of gravity (like... MegaMan Graal...)

well.. my friend Warren and his best friend made the MegaMan Buster Gun =D it's so cool. They were going to make a gravity PW but.. they changed their minds seeing P2P =\

Mountain Climbing ganis, swimming underwater (YOU CAN DROWN!!! YAH!!!), rope riding, trains, mine cars... make it yourself building tools

mountain: climbing, already made by other PWs
swimming: and underwater stuff, TB3 made scubba diving and you have an oxigen tank and you can access sunken ships (filled with gold maybe? or deadly sharks lol)
rope riding: :confused: :confused: :confused:
trains and mine cars: already on G2K1

(YAAAAY, you have to get money for your furniture, unless it's like chair, dining table, etc... AND YOU CAN BE ROBBED!)

hey, thats actually something that would be fun =) buying stuff for ur house, i like that =D

If you really make this PW (of course you'll need NPCs Server) then i hope it will be as good as you "tried" to make it sound, those YAY sounded n00bish like you say ;);)

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 12:06 PM
but anyways that's off topic! and i never saw that my Gravity Thread was being continued, last time i check it, it had 2 pages and the last thing on it was the script x.X