PDA

View Full Version : Help on Bro's quest.

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Hi I'm at classic and I need help with the first quest, the brothers quest.

I'm stuck at this ugly base where some red/blue boxes dont let me through.

Here's a pic:

I'm the red dot, I need to reach the green dot.

plz help :(

Elizabeth
01-07-2009, 03:27 AM
ezpz

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 03:34 AM
I cant move the red block at all :(

Elizabeth
01-07-2009, 03:44 AM
you have to keep walking into it until you push it

Pimmeh
01-07-2009, 04:22 AM
I cant move the red block at all :(

:noob:

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 04:30 AM
:noob:

I'm new okay?=P

oh, and ORLY?

CABAL49
01-07-2009, 04:37 AM
This thread just made my day, which is almost over.

CharlieM
01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
I don't get it why did nat get sent to jail

MysticX2X
01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
The 3rd set of blocks from the bottom (the one red and two blue blocks). Push the red to the side and grab the 2 blue blocks out of your way.

Edit: Oh Nvm, you got it but you have to bomb a wall in that cell i think.

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Ok, I'm done with the blue/red blocks part.

Now I'm stuck here with some sort of grey blocks... how do I move em or something?:S

EDIT: nvm found out lol

Rufus
01-07-2009, 04:55 AM
The quest doesn't actually tell you, but you need to break every one of the gray statues that you see in that picture you just posted. You use them later against the boss.

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 04:59 AM
thx rufus

what about this part?

Rufus
01-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Go back in the watered room (up one level, then left a level) and bomb the wall bottom right near a chest. That is the biggest problem people have when doing the quest, because it's pretty hard to see.

Luda
01-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't get it why did nat get sent to jail

Part of the quest, you get sent to the Graal Castle prison.

MysticX2X
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Tatsumi, your team is slacking, bro.

CharlieM
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
why would you be sent to a jail though you might freak people out make them think there jailed and then bahm leave

DutchGuy
01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
this topic proves how much tatsumi is not needed on classic, and infact needs to be replaced as soon as possible, as he cannot assign a FAQ team that comes online, nor himself.
it also proves that this server is no longer needed in graals future.

Rufus
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, incase you didn't know Tatsumi was fired like 2 weeks ago :asleep:

DutchGuy
01-07-2009, 09:14 PM
with tatsumi being fired classic is back on track
now we need to bring back 200 online people a day
ghost mode
free game.
100 quests

Nataxo
01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok, I killed the big rock dude with... stones? from the guards I killed.

He's "dead" now what should I do?x_x nothing seems to happen.

kia345
01-08-2009, 01:12 AM
this topic proves how much tatsumi is not needed on classic, and infact needs to be replaced as soon as possible, as he cannot assign a FAQ team that comes online, nor himself.
it also proves that this server is no longer needed in graals future.

I don't know his history, but honestly, this thread proves nothing. Nataxo is just a pain and can't spend 2 minutes to figure something out on her own.

WhiteDragon
01-08-2009, 02:18 AM

Hey guys, incase you didn't know, Tatsumi is still FAQ Admin. :asleep:

He was abusing both on Classic and cross-server, so Bell intervened and temporarily removed him (lack of a Manager for a month), e-mailing Storm to make a final decision. He e-mails back the next day.

About a week later Storm comes on and says that Tatsumi probably doesn't care since he didn't hear anything from him, and then leaves.

About another week later, Tatsumi talks to Bell and gets readded, because Storm wasn't anywhere to be seen.

So, basically, Tatsumi is still FAQ Admin.

Welcome to the Classic Management.

Nabru
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
'I'm around more than you think.' - Master Storm

Elizabeth
01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
olawd

DutchGuy
01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't know his history, but honestly, this thread proves nothing. Nataxo is just a pain and can't spend 2 minutes to figure something out on her own.

it proves everything..

it proves that nataxo took the hard time to discover what classic is.

CharlieM
01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I tried playing but gave up the game pissed me off

Nataxo
01-08-2009, 11:27 PM
ejem.

back to topic: The Boss is dead. now what?

Luda
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
'I'm around more than you think.' - Master Storm
hahaha ":)"

Rufus
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
ejem.

back to topic: The Boss is dead. now what?

Eh, I'll give you this one saying as it has no direction once you've killed him and in normal games such as Zelda, it usually does auto direct you to the next part. You need to leave that room and go back inside of the castle. Once you're in the castle head to the throne room which is straight up north. When you've spoken to the King talk to his pal and be on your way.

Luda
01-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I was gonna say go back to your jail cell and pick up the gnome but that's a totally different quest.

Rufus
01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I was gonna say go back to your jail cell and pick up the gnome but that's a totally different quest.

Ya don't think the next quest is going to be easier or any different, you're going straight into another jail cell. Wow I didn't notice how bad that is.

WhiteDragon
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Ya don't think the next quest is going to be easier or any different, you're going straight into another jail cell. Wow I didn't notice how bad that is.
A constant theme in GTA was being sent to a jail cell. I think Thor was just basing it off of that.

Rufus
01-08-2009, 11:42 PM
A constant theme in GTA was being sent to a jail cell. I think Thor was just basing it off of that.

Uhh? I can't remember a single jail cell other than like one, and you didn't get placed inside of it. Hardly a constant theme.

Nataxo
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
cool!

Aww, I'm in jail again -.-

Though this time the door was easily opened. The drunk gnome in the other cell wanted to talk to me. thats just ew.

omfg. Stefan, you just didnt do this:

Some NPC named Mog came towards me and is just pulling me like if he wants to have it with me... Classic is wierd.

CharlieM
01-09-2009, 01:04 AM
(...) Zelda(...)

This post made me just get out my n64 and start playing zelda again

Elizabeth
01-09-2009, 01:10 AM
i'm pretty sure that classic has FAQs. they're there for a reason.

Nataxo
01-09-2009, 02:29 AM
I only saw Polo. Wich is the most polite manager I've ever meet.

Luda
01-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Hey may be polite, but he sure doesn't do any work.

MysticX2X
01-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I think he was given back the position. I was talking to him like 4-5 days ago when he told me he was given back his FAQ Admin position. I didnt know what he meant until now.

Elizabeth
01-09-2009, 03:15 AM
I only saw Polo. Wich is the most polite manager I've ever meet.

a manager is ALL positions.. ask him :\

Nataxo
01-09-2009, 03:17 AM
a manager is ALL positions.. ask him :\

I did. =P

And siriously. Who made the npcs of the jail of Graal City?!?! who-ever did it is a perv.

Bell
01-09-2009, 04:48 AM
I did. =P

And siriously. Who made the npcs of the jail of Graal City?!?! who-ever did it is a perv.

They're just based off some of the old Classic Graalians, pay it no mind. You might say it became a series of inside jokes.

Nataxo
01-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Ok...

CharlieM
01-09-2009, 02:39 PM
In other words Bell or a friend made them to lol at peoples reactions.

Tyhm
02-01-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm hopeful that there will be more quests placed Between these two someday...'cuz Sardon's is hardcore impossible with the way things lag...'course, it was hardcore impossible in my day too, but that was just because you needed all your hearts to fight your way to the first key, die, use half your hearts getting to the locked door...
eventually get to the boss battle...
Now you use all your artificially-inflated hearts getting to the room with the statue and the blocks that shoot rockballs at you, and die instantly because the rockballs hit you whether you dodge or not. -_-

DustyPorViva
02-01-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm hopeful that there will be more quests placed Between these two someday...'cuz Sardon's is hardcore impossible with the way things lag...'course, it was hardcore impossible in my day too, but that was just because you needed all your hearts to fight your way to the first key, die, use half your hearts getting to the locked door...
eventually get to the boss battle...
Now you use all your artificially-inflated hearts getting to the room with the statue and the blocks that shoot rockballs at you, and die instantly because the rockballs hit you whether you dodge or not. -_-
Dude, Thor has beaten that quest HUNDREDS of times on freshly started trial accounts. It's totally possible.

Tyhm
02-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Good for Thor. I keep waking up dead.

DustyPorViva
02-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Good for Thor. I keep waking up dead.
Exactly :P

Tyhm
02-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Exactly :P

Indeed.

It's a fine Optional High-Level Quest, but an anvilicious "Welcome to Graal" quest. Unless the admins are Trying to send the message that anyone as bad at the game as I am are not welcome, in which case it's a fine way to sort out the good players from the bad. :-P

LordSquirt
02-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I did the quest with a group together. Through teamwork, dedication, and running for our lives we succeeded.

Tyhm
02-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Which is also totally valid, but only on a server with a constant inflow of newbies to run the quest with you...:-P

Nataxo
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I did these quests totally alone.... Well, I have to thx the people who helped me on this thread and Polo <3

Remonq
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
you did that quest alone???
jesus....

Tyhm
02-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I'm still trying to kill the boss. Unlike Zelda bosses, where they hit you, you hide, figure out their pattern, etc, it's a true "classic" boss - ridiculously hard unless you happen to already know its weakness. I guess bonking it with the slowly-regenerating pots makes it vulnerable to the Knife of Fiends? 'cept I always manage to miss him with it, then I need to break open all the pots to get my MP back up, then I die and have to fight through a million zillion lizardons again. :-P

gravator
02-16-2009, 06:50 PM
I just made him reflect his shots off the door and kept away from him by running around the room like a chicken with it's head cut off. :D

But yea, that was pretty rough on me when i first went through it, unless you know what your doing you NEED friends to finish.

Tyhm
02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Like I keep saying, it's just fine for a later-on quest, when the player has access to multiple weapons and healing items, etc; but for the second quest on the server, it's Nintendo-Hard. It's Eggplant-Wizard hard to be exact.

DustyPorViva
02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
It's not, 'oh man this boss is hard' hard, it's more like... 'wtf the baddies are jumping all around the level and I can't hit them, yet they're piling on me and killing me in a couple of hits' hard. It's not a fun kind of hard, it's buggy, frustrating and nerve-plucking hard.

Tyhm
02-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Yup. And FORCING players to beat it as the second quest before they're allowed to explore the map (without getting frozen and PKed by Sardon's Whosit) is unconscionable. It's exactly the sort of quest that you should See early on (well, when the "lag" issues are resolved, by which I mean "when they fix the baddies so instead of using move's useless Wall Detect they use an easy wall-detect algorythm before moving, Then move) and barely escape from with a secondary objective (I honestly thought I was done when I got the knife!), get a chance to see how bad the rest of the quest is, then come back at the end of the game and easily blow past Everything.

DustyPorViva
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Ya I was always against the forcing quests. Really turned me off when everytime I logged onto Classic they were warping me from the world and forcing me to do some isolated quest. It's an online game, they should focus the world on exploration and community first, with optional quests scattered around. Never force them to do anything. I especially like the one where if you step into the mine, you can't walk back out and you have to do a crappy HUGE push/pull-block quest.

Tyhm
02-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah; in hindsight there really wasn't anything wrong with the theory of giving the players the option to skip to the end of quests at Tule Village. "You can start here, we'll give you Newbie Saint and you can play through the quests, or you can jump to the end of any of the quests - or all of the quests - but you won't get Newbie Saint and we'll flag your account accordingly." I tried to make Every Quest a bragging rights reward - "Look at me, I got the bird! Look at me, I got magic!" - when most people weren't interested in the Bragging Rights aspect.

Of course, later in the game when we got the ability to make multiple "skins" of the same weapons, it never occurred to me to give people who beat the quest access to the Good skins and people who skipped it the most basic version possible...

kia345
02-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't know what all the grief is, I thoroughly enjoyed this quest, and it was refreshing burst of nostalgia for me that classic-graal gameplay hasn't completely vanished under the tides of Zodiac, Era, and UN.

Tyhm
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
kia, depending on when you did the quest, you may have only had to contend with clientside baddies. We had to go against lagtastic double-health serverside baddies and sliding blades that kill you for being ADJACENT to the kill-range. It was bad enough Thor had to watch me die a bunch of times to fix Most things; I only made it through because the Shootball sliding-statue room (which normally would kill me on schedule whether I got hit by the shootballs or not) was malfunctioning.

At some point I should see about getting RC just to fix stuff....

kia345
02-17-2009, 12:53 AM
kia, depending on when you did the quest, you may have only had to contend with clientside baddies. We had to go against lagtastic double-health serverside baddies and sliding blades that kill you for being ADJACENT to the kill-range. It was bad enough Thor had to watch me die a bunch of times to fix Most things; I only made it through because the Shootball sliding-statue room (which normally would kill me on schedule whether I got hit by the shootballs or not) was malfunctioning.

At some point I should see about getting RC just to fix stuff....

I did it when it was "released" and advertised, several weeks before Nat posted this thread

Tyhm
02-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah; when it was new it worked, now it's a bit sketchier.