PDA

View Full Version : John?

BigBear3
12-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Where are you? :confused:

Arch_Angel
12-16-2008, 12:21 AM
He's been working a lot lately IRL.. He usually gets on later in the night (12-1 AM, EST)

cyan3
12-16-2008, 01:56 AM
He was online yesterday.

Tigairius
12-16-2008, 01:58 AM
He was out of town for a week or so and now he is studying for finals.

BigBear3
12-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Mmk

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
cool.

Obs311
12-17-2008, 06:13 AM
And my finals finished today.

I'm back guys. :)

BTW, war this Sunday in the afternoon, try to be on at a decent, early time.

Dustari vs. RS

cyan3
12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
And my finals finished today.

I'm back guys. :)

BTW, war this Sunday in the afternoon, try to be on at a decent, early time.

Dustari vs. RS

Could I join in on the fun? :D

CABAL49
12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Could I join in on the fun? :D

I too would like to aid Dustari in their assault on RS.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-18-2008, 01:31 AM
War or battle?
I always thought war was defined as beginning when two parties are officially hostile against one another, planning battles or attacks.
And a battle would be the actual attacks occurring.
I could understand if there's a series of attacks (various events) going on in one day. Or if the whole war was settled in a single battle.
But the war has to at least have begun now if the attacks are planned, right? Unless of course you're still not knowing of things IC, and something suddenly occurs on the day of battle/war.

Anyways, not here to nitpick... just curious as to how wars on GK are being done nowadays.

kia345
12-18-2008, 01:37 AM
War or battle?
I always thought war was defined as beginning when two parties are officially hostile against one another, planning battles or attacks.
And a battle would be the actual attacks occurring.
I could understand if there's a series of attacks (various events) going on in one day. Or if the whole war was settled in a single battle.
But the war has to at least have begun now if the attacks are planned, right? Unless of course you're still not knowing of things IC, and something suddenly occurs on the day of battle/war.

Anyways, not here to nitpick... just curious as to how wars on GK are being done nowadays.

Me and Pat are in Dustari, and our hate of Steppin' Sun is transferred over to Dustari as part of that. Like a gift package.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Me and Pat are in Dustari, and our hate of Steppin' Sun is transferred over to Dustari as part of that. Like a gift package.

You skipped all my current questions just to answer the question we all knew I was going to ask afterward!
You exploited my predictability while disregarding my frustration! !pissed!

kia345
12-18-2008, 02:03 AM
I always thought war was defined as beginning when two parties are officially hostile against one another

ok yeah

Googi
12-18-2008, 03:17 AM
War or battle?

Two kingdoms are at war when one or both declare war.

Zanza_P2P
12-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Not really a war if 2 other kingdoms want to join in on the murder of Rising Sun (may apply in real life but in pixels not so much). And John knows it.

This "war" is full of fail

May as well just be a giant battle royale.

kia345
12-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Not really a war if 2 other kingdoms want to join in on the murder of Rising Sun (may apply in real life but in pixels not so much). And John knows it.

Wars are more fun when everyone gets involved

CABAL49
12-18-2008, 07:25 AM

This "war" is full of fail

May as well just be a giant battle royale.

The war is still between Dustari and RS, Felix and I just want to help our friends. I won't be representing Zormite unless Zormite actually enters the battle.

Zanza_P2P
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Wars are more fun when everyone gets involved

Even so, It will be fun for those not in RS only. John started this war for "fun" but where is the fun in being ganged on by 3 different kingdoms? Bear in mind im no longer in RS, Im not trying to help them I just find all of this very stupid that everyone wants to join in against 1 kingdom.

The war is still between Dustari and RS, Felix and I just want to help our friends. I won't be representing Zormite unless Zormite actually enters the battle.

Your still a part of Zorm. Im sure other Zorm members other than you and Felix want to join in too along with CP. No way to get around the fact that your representing Zorm even if you say your not. In a war you are always representing your kingdom even if your helping another. Say your in a different war and you turn on whoever your helping, think they are going to be mad at you alone or Zorm in general for being traitors?

Hatred89
12-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Alright so unless you are in Dustari or Rising Sun please don't intrude this war. Dustari and Rising Sun has been planning this war for about a month and I don't want this turning into organized chaos where every kingdom shows up. Unless your invited by John or I then don't say you are wanting to help because we never asked.
If you are looking for "fun" then simply just ask your kingdom to create a war with another kingdom if thats what your craving because that is what John and I did.

Nature2
12-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I hope the war on sunday will be on Samurai Island or Dustaro Island!

if anyone is interupting the Roleplaying btw RS and Dustari he will be pilloried.

If an other Kingdom want to join or help rs or dustari its ok, but no normal pkers!

Its RP so other kingdoms must change the the deplo to enimie or allie!

Craigus
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
What sort of servertime is the estimated start time?

Rufus
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Someone should record this and stick it onto YouTube or something. I'd like to see it, but don't really feel like being warped when I die of starvation or being left behind through observer mode.

BigBear3
12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
but no normal pkers!

What's that mean?

Rufus
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
What's that mean?

I would assume he means you're not allowed to just go and PK everyone as an individual and is setting down a requirement so everyone is in character. While I don't see how people taking it upon themselves to fight in wars that don't involve them is OOC, from experience I've had myself in guild wars people are just annoying when they suddenly decide to crusade and interrupt.

kia345
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Alright so unless you are in Dustari or Rising Sun please don't intrude this war. Dustari and Rising Sun has been planning this war for about a month and I don't want this turning into organized chaos where every kingdom shows up. Unless your invited by John or I then don't say you are wanting to help because we never asked.
If you are looking for "fun" then simply just ask your kingdom to create a war with another kingdom if thats what your craving because that is what John and I did.

boohoo other kingdoms don't like rising sun

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Two kingdoms are at war when one or both declare war.

Thanks, pretty much what I thought.
That helps me rephrase my question to "If the war is said to be on Sunday, does that mean it hasn't been declared yet? And it's intended to end that same day?"
Does that mean if the two kingdoms see eachother around town right now, they won't start fighting? And after Sunday, they'll go back to the same- no more battles?

CABAL49
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
There are two reasons I want to enter this war: First, I could forgive myself if my Pojo got hurt. Second reason is that I slept though every war Zormite ever had with Samurai.

Zanza_P2P
12-18-2008, 11:56 PM
There are two reasons I want to enter this war: First, I could forgive myself if my Pojo got hurt. Second reason is that I slept though every war Zormite ever had with Samurai.

So uh tell me, When were these "wars" All I remember are attempts to start war by placing signs in front of buildings that took what? 5 mins to get rid of? oh and Pat's "LOL JAPANOPHILES LOL"

And Ive been with RS/Sam/KJ for years off and on due to quitting graal and such not once did I see anything come from Zorm unless it was during the times I had left graal.

On another note its time for me to start feeling the hate again as I left Dustari and rejoined Rising Sun.

CABAL49
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
So uh tell me, When were these "wars" All I remember are attempts to start war by placing signs in front of buildings that took what? 5 mins to get rid of? oh and Pat's "LOL JAPANOPHILES LOL"

And Ive been with RS/Sam/KJ for years off and on due to quitting graal and such not once did I see anything come from Zorm unless it was during the times I had left graal.

I used to be in Samurai, it is the reason why I continue to use the name Oda Nobunaga. But as for actual dates I can't give you any cause my memory is fuzzy. Uri might remember better but we fought under Wren. I think Googi led a conflict against them but I can't say for sure, I quit playing then.

kia345
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
I remember CP and Samurai jumping into our (Zormite's) 'wars' with Forest, and Dustari getting involved with it was our reason for backing off. Since when have we had stupid "do not get involved" rules? Don't try to defend it with "RP", if anything, people randomly running in improves the RP-value.

Hatred89
12-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't mind if Zormite attends honestly since Zormite and Dustari are now allied. Its to be expected for you to help now. I am just saying if *cough* CP wants to help Dustari too just make it official and ask John for an alliance along with Zormite. That way its official who are enemy is. Also add Rising Sun as an Enemy. I just don't want there to be chaos during the war. I don't want it to turn into some free for all instead of what it is meant to be. I don't think thats a big request.

kia345
12-19-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't think thats a big request.

It doesn't have to be official, if someone doesn't like you, they're entitled to the opportunity to attack you. That's how we've been doing it.

BigBear3
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
It doesn't have to be official, if someone doesn't like you, they're entitled to the opportunity to attack you. That's how we've been doing it.

You shouldn't have to tell somebody if you intend to attack them. You should be able to run into Samurai and say "I don't like Hatred", bring an army, and have a good time. There should not be any rules of engagement.

Felix_Xenophobe
12-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Why do I have to lolrp in a war..?

lolrping is for lsrs

Mousymee
12-19-2008, 05:07 AM
lsrs like napkin

Googi
12-19-2008, 05:21 AM
I think Googi led a conflict against them but I can't say for sure, I quit playing then.

Not me. Comrade Matthew declared war on Samurai.

Felix_Xenophobe
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
lsrs like napkin

lolrp

Gothika
12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
rules of engagement

About that.. what will it be? I hope it's not going to be done through "battle ground mode"

BigBear3
12-19-2008, 11:30 PM
about that.. What will it be? I hope it's not going to be done through "battle ground mode"

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shrimps
12-19-2008, 11:34 PM
If you're not Dustari or RS you'd be better off not even showing up. Maroku said if there's too many people non RS or Dustari pking he'll just cancel the war and idle in testbed.nw.

CharlieM
12-19-2008, 11:48 PM
They could still have the war...Couldn't they?

kia345
12-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, Maroku is just pretending to be a much loved GM. Everything works fine without him.

Stephen
12-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Not me. Comrade Matthew declared war on Samurai.
What ever came of that?

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Why do I have to lolrp in a war..?

lolrping is for lsrs

In an ideal battle setting, as long as you don't "anti-RP", it should be fine that you don't want to RP. (anti-RP would be saying things that are obviously OOC like "LOL GET THE LOW LVL NUBS FIRST"
Other than that, anything you do would be considered IC, and thus RPing, by default. If you go around doing the good ole fashion Graal-hump on everyone, then I'm afraid that would have to be written into kingdom history.

AS FOR PEOPLE QUESTIONING PIRATES RPING

PIRATES CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT AND GET AWAY WITH IT

Well, maybe not necessarily, but they can surely interfere in a battle WITHOUT being allied or at war with either kingdom.
Why is this possible?
Because pirates don't have to play by the rules.
Because pirates have their own goal.
If the pain of one kingdom will somehow benefit the cause of pirates, then they should interfere.
If a kingdom is taking over the world and, as a result, compromising pirate freedom, then pirates should definitely interfere (oh wait... didn't something like this happen...? lol)

There should be a clear IC reason stated though. (make one up)
It's fine if OOC the reason is "pirates just wanted to have fun battling", but that doesn't really work IC seeing as how DEATH plays a big part in wars. And most people prefer to... live.

You shouldn't have to tell somebody if you intend to attack them.

For an unpopulated game like Graal, you do have to tell somebody if you're going to attack a kingdom. What's the point if noone is there?
You sure as hell don't win.

If you want to play like that, go play one of the bigger MMO's where you can have a kingdom war 24/7... nub.

Felix_Xenophobe
12-20-2008, 11:12 AM
RS members can do whatever they want too. they are fkn ninjas

kia345
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
If you want to play like that, go play one of the bigger MMO's where you can have a kingdom war 24/7... nub.

his pc can't handle them ohohoh