PDA

View Full Version : Reading buddyaccounts.txt

Crow
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, I tried to read buddyaccounts.txt clientside, since I want to highlight your buddies in my new nickname system, and it doesn't work. Or at least a simple loadLines() won't do it. If it's possible, could somebody tell me how? If it's not, I think there should be a special function added to the shared function pack maybe :)

xXziroXx
08-23-2008, 08:28 PM
TServerPlayer.isbuddy - boolean

:confused:

LoneAngelIbesu
08-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Why not do something like this?
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
for(temp.i: allplayers) {
if(temp.i.isbuddy) {
temp.out.add(temp.i);
}
}
}

>:[ Ziro beat me to it.

Crow
08-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Ahh, I didn't know that one. Thanks to you two guys. Gotta wait a bit, I already repped somebody today :p

xXziroXx
08-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Ahh, I didn't know that one. Thanks to you two guys. Gotta wait a bit, I already repped somebody today :p

There's also:

TServerPlayer.isignored
TServerPlayer.isadmin

:)

Crow
08-23-2008, 09:41 PM
There's also:

TServerPlayer.isignored
TServerPlayer.isadmin

:)

Yea, I know, I checked afterwards, hehe.

cbk1994
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Please make a different system for it ... my Era "buddies" aren't necessarily on my buddies list, and I'd rather they not be.

Crow
08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Please make a different system for it ... my Era "buddies" aren't necessarily on my buddies list, and I'd rather they not be.

Naw, just makes it complicated. I will add an option to disable the buddy highlight though.

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Naw, just makes it complicated. I will add an option to disable the buddy highlight though.

There's a difference between extra work and complicated.

There used to be a system where you just double clicked a player and added them as a buddy, and you could see their name. I would like to see something like this, rather than going by playerlist buddies >_<

Rufus
08-24-2008, 05:57 AM
There used to be a system where you just double clicked a player and added them as a buddy, and you could see their name. I would like to see something like this, rather than going by playerlist buddies >_<

How would you remove them from your buddies?

LoneAngelIbesu
08-24-2008, 06:19 AM
The account would probably be in some array. Perhaps double-clicking them again would remove them from the array?

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 06:35 AM

I don't recall how it used to work, but I would assume a list in the options window which allows you to click & remove them.

Before, the buddy system was the only way for you to see someone's name (keep in mind, this system lasted about 4 days before it was removed). Both players had to agree to be buddies, but that isn't necessary for this.

Demisis_P2P
08-24-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't recall how it used to work, but I would assume a list in the options window which allows you to click & remove them.

Before, the buddy system was the only way for you to see someone's name (keep in mind, this system lasted about 4 days before it was removed). Both players had to agree to be buddies, but that isn't necessary for this.

It lasted 4 day because it was frigging annoying as hell.

Just add them to your normal buddy list and turn off 'Show buddies from other servers' if you don't want to see them when you're not playing Era.

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 08:18 AM

Just add them to your normal buddy list and turn off 'Show buddies from other servers' if you don't want to see them when you're not playing Era.

No, because I want to see when others are on.

There is no excuse for being lazy here. This isn't overly-complicated.

Crow
08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
It is complicated, when being a player. Why have two buddy lists? That's not even necessary.

Skyld
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Didn't even last that long, it was an experiment for a day or two.

xXziroXx
08-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Why have two buddy lists? That's not even necessary.

Agreed. Chris, just use the buddy list the way it's supposed to be used. You say you don't want to see your "Era buddies" on it? Well, bohoo, you gotta lose some in order to win some.

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 05:23 PM
It is complicated, when being a player. Why have two buddy lists? That's not even necessary.
Then make an option to choose one of the methods. You're just being lazy, there is no excuse for it. If you are really that lazy, I'll script it x_x
Agreed. Chris, just use the buddy list the way it's supposed to be used. You say you don't want to see your "Era buddies" on it? Well, bohoo, you gotta lose some in order to win some.

I disagree. That's just being completely lazy.

xXziroXx
08-24-2008, 05:28 PM
There's a difference between being lazy and reinventing the wheel. :oo:

Kristi
08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I disagree. That's just being completely lazy.
Stop acting like your opinions are facts (because they would be false facts). There is no reason for him to not do it the way he is doing it.

08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Didn't even last that long, it was an experiment for a day or two.

I think it was less than a day tbh o-o

i liked it though =D

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
There's a difference between being lazy and reinventing the wheel. :oo:
That's not reinventing the wheel. Era has, for example, a custom movement system. Why? Because the normal movement system isn't good enough. They "reinvented the wheel" to create a better experience. The same thing can be done here.
Stop acting like your opinions are facts (because they would be false facts). There is no reason for him to not do it the way he is doing it.

I'm a player, and it's important to try to please the players in any way plausible. You want to try to create the best experience possible for a player, and if players complain, you should try to fix what they are complaining about. This wouldn't even damage anything, as you could have an option such as "use custom buddy system". Everyone is happy.

Crow
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
You can't compare the buddy list to the movement system. Theres nothing you can do better. It's a textfile with accounts, you can add and remove whoever you want.

cbk1994
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
You can't compare the buddy list to the movement system. Theres nothing you can do better. It's a textfile with accounts, you can add and remove whoever you want.

You can't add/remove through the text file anymore, but anyway, they could be separate (global list/Era list).

Crow
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
You can't add/remove through the text file anymore, but anyway, they could be separate (global list/Era list).

I'm pretty sure I still can.

cbk1994
08-25-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I still can.

Hasn't worked for me since v5. If you remove/add accounts, this list is reverted back to your normal list when you log on. Happens on both Windows and Mac for me.

xXziroXx
08-25-2008, 01:35 AM
You can't since v5, the buddy list is stored in Graal's database, and your "local" list is refreshed when you logon. While you're at start screen, the buddy list of all your stored accounts is downloaded and merged into one, and as soon as you login, it removes the data from all accounts but the one you logged in with.

LoneAngelIbesu
08-25-2008, 01:41 AM
You can't since v5, the buddy list is stored in Graal's database, and your "local" list is refreshed when you logon. While you're at start screen, the buddy list of all your stored accounts is downloaded and merged into one, and as soon as you login, it removes the data from all accounts but the one you logged in with.

Is that what the "Load buddy list from server" option is for? Would unchecking that disable it?

xXziroXx
08-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Is that what the "Load buddy list from server" option is for? Would unchecking that disable it?

Indeed it would.

Crow
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Explains quite some things. I always have it unchecked :]

Rufus
08-25-2008, 03:25 PM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79588

Crono
08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Wish Graal would delete multiple entries of the same account.