PDA

View Full Version : Server Move

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 12:04 AM
When the servers were located in the United States, we always had to deal with laggy brits during events. Now that the servers are in Europe and some United States players are lagging more than usual, us Americans are being kicked from events.

How is this fair? We had to put up with the way they could lag through a CTF and win instantly for years. Now all of a sudden after it's the Americans who are lagging, we need to be kicked from events?

DrakilorP2P
08-18-2008, 12:12 AM
That'll teach you not to make events that depends on low latencies.

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 12:14 AM
if this is going to continue I'd like a refund on the remaining time on both of my p2p accounts.

WhiteDragon
08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
if this is going to continue I'd like a refund on the remaining time on both of my p2p accounts.
I'm pretty sure that they don't refund for that.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I see no idea why not, if I'm going to be prevented from playing certain aspects of the game, I shouldn't be paying for them. It's not like there is an alternative server I can go to where I wouldn't lag since they decided all the servers should be in Europe.

DustyPorViva
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
So the staff kick you out because you lag?

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 01:02 AM
yes

Crono
08-18-2008, 01:02 AM
You lag yourself on purpose. It has nothing to do with the servers moving.

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 01:08 AM
if I was lagging on purpose, how would I get it to fluctuate like you claim was happening?

Crono
08-18-2008, 01:10 AM
if I was lagging on purpose, how would I get it to fluctuate like you claim was happening?

Bittorrent? I don't know, but most North Americans are smooth and you're known to host servers (I doubt your connection sucks if you're able to do that).

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I host servers on a Virtual Private Server hosted somewhere in the midwest.

I have a DSL provider that is known to be substandard.

I don't spend my time trying to figure out ways to cheat, because, frankly speaking, I would have been doing so a long time ago instead of right after the servers moved.

Crono
08-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Did you lag before the servers were moved?

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2008, 01:54 AM
no

Rufus
08-18-2008, 01:57 AM
It was fair when European players were removed before?

It's not like there is an alternative server I can go to where I wouldn't lag since they decided all the servers should be in Europe.

No they're not.

Crow
08-18-2008, 02:29 AM
It shouldn't be a problem. Era is in the USA, I'm in Germany. I'm not really lagging. Just a ping of 190ms. That's still fine I guess, although every decent CS server would get you kicked for that.

Spark910
08-18-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a DSL provider that is known to be substandard.

Then maybe this is the reason?

Twinny
08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Quit your crying.... refund because you lag.....the stupidity!

Basically: you're *****ing because now you have to deal with additional latency now the servers are not on your doorstep so you require a refund? Fail much? I see plenty of americans running around fine on servers with no major lag. I'm from Australia and I don't get issues.

If you are expierencing issues: talk to your ISP. See if there is any excessive noise on your lines, replace your filters. Try unplugging your phones and see if the line improves (faulty line/faulty filters).

Basically: why should a company reimburse your money because you have a **** connection and can't deal with a bit of lag? They provide servers where it's most viable: not on your doorstep.

As far as I can tell, the actual issue is with the event staff who decide they can kick laggy players. Perhaps the events need some retuning because graal servers should provide equal chance for all members.

High chance you just have a horrible connection.

Demisis_P2P
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Basically: you're *****ing because now you have to deal with additional latency now the servers are not on your doorstep so you require a refund? Fail much? I see plenty of americans running around fine on servers with no major lag. I'm from Australia and I don't get issues.

If you are expierencing issues: talk to your ISP. See if there is any excessive noise on your lines, replace your filters. Try unplugging your phones and see if the line improves (faulty line/faulty filters).

Basically: why should a company reimburse your money because you have a **** connection and can't deal with a bit of lag? They provide servers where it's most viable: not on your doorstep.

As far as I can tell, the actual issue is with the event staff who decide they can kick laggy players. Perhaps the events need some retuning because graal servers should provide equal chance for all members.

You play Classic without any issues?
What ISP are you with?

I have Optus cable and easily get the full 1.5MB/s when downloading torrents.
But on Classic I get hit by people that are 6-8 tiles away from me with their serverside swords, and I need to slash 6-8 tiles infront of people to hit them.

Crono
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
As far as I can tell, the actual issue is with the event staff who decide they can kick laggy players.

The issue is serverside HD on Classic.

Mark Sir Link
08-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Then maybe this is the reason?

I have an ISP that worked perfectly fine with Classic before the move happened. I shouldn't have to upgrade or pay more money to fix something just because Cyberjoueurs decided to move the servers without even determining what would have been best for the playerbase.

If I have a horrible connection, so what? I paid when my connection worked fine. Since GraalOnline took an action that put me at a severe disadvantage, they should refund my remaining time so I can be on my way

xXziroXx
08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
because Cyberjoueurs decided to move the servers without even determining what would have been best for the playerbase

It's an European game, it makes sense storing the majority of servers in Europe.

Twinny
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
If I have a horrible connection, so what? I paid when my connection worked fine. Since GraalOnline took an action that put me at a severe disadvantage, they should refund my remaining time so I can be on my way

They are still providing the service.

I don't spar on classic but if that's where the issue happens, maybe they should look into their sword system....or maybe make it 'classic' :whatever:

knightfire35
08-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I live in the US and have never been kicked from an event. I play classic all the time, and never had problems.

Nabru
08-20-2008, 11:30 PM
[email protected] trying to start drama.

This is for you Kevin, it's worth the infraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpTsXdENCns&feature=related

Mark Sir Link
08-21-2008, 12:00 AM
[email protected] trying to start drama.

This is for you Kevin, it's worth the infraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpTsXdENCns&feature=related

Hey, how nice of you.

Are you still pole jocking Rufus?

Rufus
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Are you still pole jocking Rufus?

HEY THAT'S A PRETTY ORIGINAL INSULT WHEN USED ON SOMEONE I NEVER SPEAK TO LOL GUD1! caps

Oni
08-27-2008, 07:39 AM
no actually, getting kicked from half the events really sucks
>:[

Rufus
08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
no actually, getting kicked from half the events really sucks
>:[

In your case that's down to bad GC's.

MysticX2X
08-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Getting kicked for lagging/disruption isn't all too bad.

Oni
08-28-2008, 03:23 AM
no getting kicked because I cant help the server is in paris because I baught an account while the server was in USA sucks!

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Somehow you guys have trouble while Night still chugs along on his 56K in the middle of rural Georgia.

Nabru
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Somehow you guys have trouble while Night still chugs along on his 56K in the middle of rural Georgia.

Exactly.

Crono
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM

If Night was to jump on highspeed broadband for a while and then hop back to 56k he would rip his arms off.

Mark Sir Link
08-29-2008, 08:07 PM

no one has the balls to kick their boss from events

MysticX2X
08-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Laggers mostly get kicked from CTF's. And i have seen Night get removed from a few.

Crono
08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
no one has the balls to kick their boss from events

What?

Mark Sir Link
08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Night is Game Coordinator Admin, no one is going to kick him from events

MysticX2X
08-31-2008, 03:37 AM
He's a player in events. He's been kicked before.

HarDKoRe1234
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
People complaining about lag, what?
You should have tried playing when everyone used 56k...