PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Vateril

jonnyrocks2
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Hello fellow Zormites,

Vateril will be undergoing renovations, improvements, and overall overhaul in the coming days -- So keep a eye on this space for updates in the near future! Thank you!

Update One: Started work on the bridge area.

BigBear3
07-31-2008, 02:33 AM
Hello fellow Zormites,

Vateril will be undergoing renovations, improvements, and overall overhaul in the coming days -- So keep a eye on this space for updates in the near future! Thank you!

Update One: Started work on the bridge area.

Nice. I'm there now. Inside the walls! Crappy inside levels for sure! :fro:

jonnyrocks2
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Ugh, sorry for the delay in updating, but I've had quite a bit on my plate this past week.

Removed the bridge till a better one could be made that didn't...act goofy when you tried to get on from the Vateril side.

Contemplating on what to do with the river at this time.

Inside levels are on temporary hold while I plan the insides a little more.

Thats about it at this time. ^.^

Draenin
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Zormite gets updates? This is certainly good news. Last time someone even took initiative on that, it was for Bel'la Olplyn or whatever. I'm interested in seeing what develops.

Also, you should probably do away with all the crap that was put there by Aki and Wren. (Like the pointless 'Deathbringer' NPC laying around in one of the western cities. I forget which. It's some useless sword statue sitting around in the middle of town.)

kia345
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Zormite gets updates? This is certainly good news. Last time someone even took initiative on that, it was for Bel'la Olplyn or whatever. I'm interested in seeing what develops.

Also, you should probably do away with all the crap that was put there by Aki and Wren. (Like the pointless 'Deathbringer' NPC laying around in one of the western cities. I forget which. It's some useless sword statue sitting around in the middle of town.)

Drakeero wanted to redo most of the island map, Uri's fixing that town up, and me and a friend are throwing around levels for a less sucky castle.

Draenin
08-08-2008, 12:54 AM
There's a broken warp link in the clothing shop.

... And I just got stuck under your bridge. This was something that used to happen on the original newbie isle too. Make sure that if you're making a bridge out of a dock that you remove the script that makes it save your character and blocks them from entering on the exit side unless they're crossing from a ship.

Also, one of the walls of the castle outside has a drawing problem. It looks like there's a gap in the wall, but it's just an invisible one. I would recommend copy-pasting one of the NPCs and deleting the one that has the drawing issue.

kia345
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM

The level's been fixed, just not uploaded, it'll probably get put in with the rest of the island.

Or, the clothing shop will be removed entirely, it only worked for a couple days and then Bjorn released the clothing update that broke it.

Draenin
08-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I haven't tried making clothes there yet or anything, but the NPCs seemed to be in proper working order when I checked it.

kia345
08-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Bjorn's clothing thing has the shirt automatically paired with the sleeves that go with them, so outfits are all preset. So if you tried to buy our "zormite shirt with zombie sleeves", you'd get "zormite shirt with zormite shirt sleeves". The old system just gave you the shirt and sleeves the display used.

jonnyrocks2
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM

... And I just got stuck under your bridge. This was something that used to happen on the original newbie isle too. Make sure that if you're making a bridge out of a dock that you remove the script that makes it save your character and blocks them from entering on the exit side unless they're crossing from a ship.

Also, one of the walls of the castle outside has a drawing problem. It looks like there's a gap in the wall, but it's just an invisible one. I would recommend copy-pasting one of the NPCs and deleting the one that has the drawing issue.

Yea, I already know about the bridge, but I'm dropping it temporarly until I can think of a faster, easier, and more reliable fix.

However I might be able to fix it regardless...depends if I can think of a fix to it. ^^
I'll knock off that save thing, didn't realize that the save bit was left in.

BigBear3
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Just wipe it out and remake it.

Elizabeth
08-09-2008, 07:31 PM
vateril isnt as great as i thought it would be.

jonnyrocks2
08-10-2008, 04:19 PM
vateril isnt as great as i thought it would be.

Its still in the process of being worked on, Bjorn did kind-of rush us on it... :\

BigBear3
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Its still in the process of being worked on, Bjorn did kind-of rush us on it... :\

Shouldn't have added it if it wasn't complete.

It's that bad.

Googi
08-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Bjorn's clothing thing has the shirt automatically paired with the sleeves that go with them, so outfits are all preset. So if you tried to buy our "zormite shirt with zombie sleeves", you'd get "zormite shirt with zormite shirt sleeves". The old system just gave you the shirt and sleeves the display used.

I don't think there's many cross-outfit shirt/sleeve combinations that go together well. Otherwise the staff probably would have taken advantage of the huge rehash opportunity to release shirt/sleeve recombinations as "new outfits" at some point.

BigBear3
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Woodman shirt looks really nice with the zombie sleeves.

My fav.

jonnyrocks2
08-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Shouldn't have added it if it wasn't complete.

It's that bad.

I try with the time constraints that I get, too tight of a constraint and the finish product tend to come poorly done. This is what happened with Vateril.