PDA

View Full Version : How does this new trial system work anyway?

grawlgamer
06-29-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't have a time limit, or a screen size limit, the only thing it hinders is my ability to dress, and this doesn't even work in most servers, what the hell does paying give me that being free doesn't?

cbk1994
06-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't have a time limit, or a screen size limit, the only thing it hinders is my ability to dress, and this doesn't even work in most servers, what the hell does paying give me that being free doesn't?

Should be observer mode...

grawlgamer
06-29-2008, 07:43 AM
The time limit thing doesn't even work, oh no I have to log off 5 minutes to get another 5 hours of play time, it doesn't hinder me.

Clockwork
06-29-2008, 07:47 AM
The time limit thing doesn't even work, oh no I have to log off 5 minutes to get another 5 hours of play time, it doesn't hinder me.

Why are you complaining? o.o

grawlgamer
06-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Because it makes me feel dirty, I am a perfectionist and I liked the clean no save trials from like a year ago. And the fact that it is incredibly bad for business?

TSAdmin
07-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Doesn't limiting free accounts still work, via the Server Options through the limitfreeplayers2 (or whatever) flag? Ever since V5 and Observer mode came out, it's been set to false on Era, when it used to be true. I've not set it back to true, to test it, and I'm not tempted to, in case there's a lot of pissy newbies, so I guess this is really more of a question: Does it still work?

cbk1994
07-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Doesn't limiting free accounts still work, via the Server Options through the limitfreeplayers2 (or whatever) flag? Ever since V5 and Observer mode came out, it's been set to false on Era, when it used to be true. I've not set it back to true, to test it, and I'm not tempted to, in case there's a lot of pissy newbies, so I guess this is really more of a question: Does it still work?

What DID it do?

Admins
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Some of the limitations are obvious, like limited choice of look and only 5 hours per month free playing time, then being switch to observer mode on login and from time to time. There are additional limitations on servers: only one pm per minute, no mass PMs or PMs to other servers, limited choice of classes and weapons on Zone, you cannot become staff on servers.

limitfreeplayers2 is disabling bombs, horses and projectiles for trial accounts and should not be used except there is some hacker problem or so, although I've not heard of any such attempt for years.

Btw: thanks for my spectacular aura :D

cbk1994
07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
only one pm per minute, no mass PMs or PMs to other servers

This is a good limitation, though it can be very annoying (it's why I upgraded)!

My only suggestion for that is when you try to send a Mass PM, don't have EVERYONE ON THE SERVER PM you that trials can't send mass messages ... just display a message or something.

TSAdmin
07-02-2008, 03:37 AM
This is a good limitation, though it can be very annoying (it's why I upgraded)!

My only suggestion for that is when you try to send a Mass PM, don't have EVERYONE ON THE SERVER PM you that trials can't send mass messages ... just display a message or something.

Yeah. The problem with PMs is that if I sent you a single PM that was headed
"Guild message:"
or
"Mass message:"
the bubble you get changes colour, to suite the PM type normally headed like that, even though I only sent it to you, and you alone, so that just means that a Mass message is sent singularly to one person at a time, and just prefixed with "Mass message:<returnKey>Message here", so maybe the PM system, itself, should be looked into, and then make something like a System Popup from the Graal Client alert of any error, such as Trial's not being allowed to mass.

Since it works like this, at least 1 person (Probably the NPC server, assuming the player selected from top to bottom and hit Enter) will get their Mass PM.

grawlgamer
07-04-2008, 12:15 AM
5 hours per month free playing time, then being switch to observer mode on login and from time to time.
That makes no sense, I have much more than 5 hours of free play time, sometimes I logon and have 5, sometimes 2, it seems almost like someone else is using up my time, but if I get stuck on observer mode I just log off for a minute and log back on.

TSAdmin
07-04-2008, 04:56 AM
That makes no sense, I have much more than 5 hours of free play time, sometimes I logon and have 5, sometimes 2, it seems almost like someone else is using up my time, but if I get stuck on observer mode I just log off for a minute and log back on.

I made a trial account, before the observer guest stuff (one of the old ones with an actual account name) and, personally, I've not seen +5 hours of free play per month since January. Once I used up FOUR hours in January, I've not had Free Play on it, since... So... do we ACTUALLY get 5 hours per month, or not?

Admins
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
It's measuring the online time of the last 30 days, not January, February etc.

DustyPorViva
07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
My account never renewed any freeplay time. Once my 5 hours of trial ran out that was it :/ I have been stuck in observer mode(not stuck, I still get to play ever so often) since it came out.

TSAdmin
07-05-2008, 03:10 AM
My account never renewed any freeplay time. Once my 5 hours of trial ran out that was it :/ I have been stuck in observer mode(not stuck, I still get to play ever so often) since it came out.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. These "5 hours" are not renewing every 30 days...

It's measuring the online time of the last 30 days...

Does this include time used, online, on any given P2P, per 30 days? Such as me using up the whole 5 hours of Online Play on my TSAdmin account, then getting onto my trial account, and it's time having expired?

grawlgamer
07-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Seems some people have almost no time and some people seem to have unlimited, makes no sense.

Imperialistic
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Why is there a new post every week about how the new trial system works.. =/?

Crono
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Why is there a new post every week about how the new trial system works.. =/?

Probably got nothing else to post about or something. I know I don't!

Imperialistic
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
l3l wut lozers!1

grawlgamer
07-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Because it makes no sense?

grawlgamer
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
bump

grawlgamer
07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Really Stefan, I want to know, and now I want to know how payment works too.