PDA

View Full Version : Ap.

Rufus
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
The fact that AP on Era is just another title for "COLOR OF NAME" annoys me. Since Graal first introduced AP, it has been a part of every server and the majority have kept the tradition up. The color of your name (when you've got an actual AP system in place) is a good reflection for character, and a constant given throughout Graal. If you've got 0ap people instinctively know you're more than likely going to chase them down the street for hours on ends just to get your kill fix.

The thing is that on Era there is PKing, but you seem to be forgetting what AP is actually for. If I wanted a pretty colored name, I expect to play good Samaritan for a while; if I want a name that reflects brutality personified, I'd have to keep it constant for that reflection too. It'd be pretty easy to do so I don't know why, for the sake of consistancy on Graal as a whole, this wasn't done before.

Vulcan
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
The fact that AP on Era is just another title for "COLOR OF NAME" annoys me. Since Graal first introduced AP, it has been a part of every server and the majority have kept the tradition up. The color of your name (when you've got an actual AP system in place) is a good reflection for character, and a constant given throughout Graal. If you've got 0ap people instinctively know you're more than likely going to chase them down the street for hours on ends just to get your kill fix.

The thing is that on Era there is PKing, but you seem to be forgetting what AP is actually for. If I wanted a pretty colored name, I expect to play good Samaritan for a while; if I want a name that reflects brutality personified, I'd have to keep it constant for that reflection too. It'd be pretty easy to do so I don't know why, for the sake of consistancy on Graal as a whole, this wasn't done before.

It was done before, but when Jenn made all of her fantastic revisions to Era she decided the beauty factor was more important. I'm not too sure why this hasn't been changed back since then.

cbk1994
06-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, at least you're able to change the color, vs. on GK where you have to stick with gold ...

06-28-2008, 12:31 AM
well no, this was done on Daz's Era. I could easily add the '/ap #' back, however the current AP is set for gangs... each gang with a different color.

TSAdmin
06-28-2008, 04:40 AM
well no, this was done on Daz's Era. I could easily add the '/ap #' back, however the current AP is set for gangs... each gang with a different color.

People can still do /ap #, I re-enabled that around the day Daz was booted. The only people who cannot do /ap # are people on Gang Tag, since during raids, if members of the opposite team have the same AP as the raiding team, it gets seriously confusing. This wasn't my idea, but it certainly wasn't a bad idea, so I left it.

As far as what Rufus is saying, AP changing based on such things as sparring and PKing, like on Classic, is certainly doable, but cannot be used by enabling AP in the server options, as that is based on the Classic *CHING CHING* "I SWING MY SWORD ATCHU! *CHING* system, so a custom one would need be created.

06-28-2008, 09:05 AM
oh would you like a custom ap system? =D

cbk1994
06-28-2008, 09:10 AM
On Utopia we just displayed a blue light behind allies, red behind enemies :)

Rufus
06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
oh would you like a custom ap system? =D

Ya! Perhaps 100ap shouldn't act like it does on classic servers though.
PKer's AP after kill = (PKer's Current AP/20+1)*(Killed Player's AP/20)

Crow
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Ya! Perhaps 100ap shouldn't act like it does on classic servers though.
PKer's AP after kill = (PKer's Current AP/20+1)*(Killed Player's AP/20)

That formula is interesting, where did you get that?

Rufus
06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
That formula is interesting, where did you get that?

Master Storm, who got it from Stefan when he was rescripting Classic's default systems I think.

MrAnonymous_P2P
06-29-2008, 12:30 AM
It was done before, but when Jenn made all of her fantastic revisions to Era she decided the beauty factor was more important. I'm not too sure why this hasn't been changed back since then.

First off I would like to guess this was sarcasm, as Jenn always seemed to care more about the place looking nice then it actually working :)

Next, JENN! D: