PDA

View Full Version : What would attract you to Valikorlia?

WarriorCam
06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I am just wondering, what would attract some of you, the Graal players who don't play our server, to our server? My goal is to keep Valikorlia a strict roleplaying server, so please don't bother suggesting we drop that element of it because that is one thing that is not being dropped. I am also of the belief that keeping an active playerbase interested in roleplaying happy is more important than keeping a large playerbase that doesn't roleplay as much. Quality over quantity.

Anyways, yeah. If you have any suggestions, comments, ideas, let me know. If you're not quite sure what our server is all about, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to explain the chaos that is Val.

cbk1994
06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't know anything about Valikorlia ... maybe advertise it a bit, write some news, etc?

Crono
06-26-2008, 10:08 AM
A lot of current "Valikorlians" aren't really even Valikorlians at heart. They claim they don't want a level up/"battle" system because it ruins roleplaying and whatnot, but what they don't realize is that when Valikorlia was revived in 2002, that's exactly what it had. It had a level up system and it had a way to hit other players (even though pking was illegal).

In 2003 Val was at it's prime, constantly battling with Era for second place on the playerlist, sometimes even grabbing first. It had a great level up system, first of it's kind on any playerworld in it's time, it had a nice and original gui, and it still had some RPing. Some may say that Val2003 killed RPing because everyone was either a newb or too busy leveling up, but honestly it wasn't really even that bad.

The current generation of players (on Val of course) are mostly midbies who probably started playing Valikorlia in 2004. They wouldn't understand how important it is to actually draw players to the server even if very little of the players are actually willing to RP. The problem in 2003 was that RPing wasn't really heavily encouraged or enforced. I blame this on the overworld. When Val got rid of the overworld and introduced the worldmap (2004), RP began to pick up again. I know that the level-up system was removed when the worldmap was introduced but I do truly believe the worldmap played a bigger role in encouraging RPing than the removal of the level-up system.

In my opinion (obviously) Val needs to re-introduce the level up system and introduce some kind of battle system to give the server the RPG element it needs. Valikorlia is not and never was supposed to be purely text based. New players are not a bad thing, if Val increased it's active playerbase by 40-50 players and only 15 of them RP it's still more RP activity which should be welcomed.

Soala
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Val of today is just awesome.
But most of players are just getting on graal to kill
Which has more effect on Zone and Era, they just love to kill
The actual players love to RP, which is nice ok, but you should have both
Leveling system back AND RP
Look on GK, we can do lot of things, and we can also RP in our kingdoms
I must agree this is probably not the same type of RP
There was a period where I was playing Valikorlia.
But seriously, Val got such nice graphisms and systems, but it would be wonderful if it could become like GK.

Because, even if you like to RP, there is nothing else to do than RP and Idle all day there.

Pimmeh
06-26-2008, 12:40 PM
A lot of current "Valikorlians" aren't really even Valikorlians at heart. They claim they don't want a level up/"battle" system because it ruins roleplaying and whatnot, but what they don't realize is that when Valikorlia was revived in 2002, that's exactly what it had. It had a level up system and it had a way to hit other players (even though pking was illegal).

In 2003 Val was at it's prime, constantly battling with Era for second place on the playerlist, sometimes even grabbing first. It had a great level up system, first of it's kind on any playerworld in it's time, it had a nice and original gui, and it still had some RPing. Some may say that Val2003 killed RPing because everyone was either a newb or too busy leveling up, but honestly it wasn't really even that bad.

The current generation of players (on Val of course) are mostly midbies who probably started playing Valikorlia in 2004. They wouldn't understand how important it is to actually draw players to the server even if very little of the players are actually willing to RP. The problem in 2003 was that RPing wasn't really heavily encouraged or enforced. I blame this on the overworld. When Val got rid of the overworld and introduced the worldmap (2004), RP began to pick up again. I know that the level-up system was removed when the worldmap was introduced but I do truly believe the worldmap played a bigger role in encouraging RPing than the removal of the level-up system.

In my opinion (obviously) Val needs to re-introduce the level up system and introduce some kind of battle system to give the server the RPG element it needs. Valikorlia is not and never was supposed to be purely text based. New players are not a bad thing, if Val increased it's active playerbase by 40-50 players and only 15 of them RP it's still more RP activity which should be welcomed.

Yes.
Omake, if you want to attract older players back go Valikorlia, I agree with Crono.

Also, I have never had the feeling that you could get things approved easily, and even the small things need full approval.

Accesability, playability, challenges
Those things are generally what I look for in a game, and when I started playing Valikorlia (2002, right after it launched) it had me hooked up. I RPed more then I leveled, although I think I was the only one who did so, and had lots of fun with the larger RP's that involved nations, army drills and whatnot.
Nowadays I miss that about Valikorlia, and that is why I have stopped playing.

Rufus
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
A decent PVP system.

Twinny
06-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Main problem with Val is that I never really know how to start. I could never find any guides or anything and the players were too afraid to break character to help you (that or they just don't care). You need a friend to get you started seemingly....

Clockwork
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm really a big roleplayer in yahoo IM's lol.

I don't like to do it player by player. The few times I've went on there asking to rp in pm's I've always gotten asked why and no one would do it. xD

Imperialistic
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Maybe making it a optional RP server... a whole another side to Val would be awesome.

xAzerothx
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
PvP.

cbk1994
06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I think most Graalians just don't like roleplaying ... this is obvious on GK as well.

me: ahoy there
you: yo wats up

Tigairius
06-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I see very few Valikorlian oldbies around anymore. When I log on I instantly remember how wonderful it was back 00-03. Before Clash got manager (no offense, Clash) I loved Valikorlia. What would bring me back to Valikorlia? Asca Dagnir, or similar. I know many people are against this, but I am a true Valikorlian, and I want to see the old kingdoms back. The Valikorlia that exists now is not the Valikorlia that I knew and once appreciated it.

Kristi
06-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Attractive 18+ females

DustyPorViva
06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I haven't played Val in a long time, but assuming from Crono's post, the whole system revolves around roleplaying? Roleplaying is fine, a system built ONLY on roleplaying is not. You can't rely on players to make their own game, you have to give them stuff to do as well. Just don't forget about RP, keep enforcing it, and it shouldn't go away.

I agree with Crono, if I remember rightly, Val had a pretty cool RPG system.

Switch
06-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't played Val in a long time, but assuming from Crono's post, the whole system revolves around roleplaying?

Actually, there is no real "system" of it...

Pimmeh
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I see very few Valikorlian oldbies around anymore. When I log on I instantly remember how wonderful it was back 00-03. Before Clash got manager (no offense, Clash) I loved Valikorlia. What would bring me back to Valikorlia? Asca Dagnir, or similar. I know many people are against this, but I am a true Valikorlian, and I want to see the old kingdoms back. The Valikorlia that exists now is not the Valikorlia that I knew and once appreciated it.

Thank you!
I miss the whole bunch of nations too. The idea of being part of something is wonderful!

DustyPorViva
06-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Actually, there is no real "system" of it...
Which is what I mean. You just can't throw up levels and then tell people to wing it. There are plenty, plenty of roleplaying games out there, but at the same time they offer content.

Galdor
06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
new super awesome graphics would make me give it a try I guess, and cool background sound effects for the levels to help giving a feel of a place.

Rufus
06-27-2008, 02:21 AM
new super awesome graphics would make me give it a try I guess, and cool background sound effects for the levels to help giving a feel of a place.

Go log onto Valikorlia, you might get a pleasant surprise :p

xAzerothx
06-27-2008, 02:44 AM
Valikorlia is beautiful, it doesn't need new graphics. I just don't like pretending to fight someone.

Xterminator
06-27-2008, 04:00 AM
Lol like WoW when you level up with the gold effects too. Would be cool though if you bring back the leveling system to have that aswell :P

Crono
06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
What would bring me back to Valikorlia? Asca Dagnir, or similar. I know many people are against this, but I am a true Valikorlian, and I want to see the old kingdoms back. The Valikorlia that exists now is not the Valikorlia that I knew and once appreciated it.

To be fair time has moved on in the RP world, but that doesn't mean the old Valikorlian gameplay we all loved should have changed, though.

The current generation of players (from what I've heard) are all strictly against a level up/battle system...but they're not being true Valikorlians if they take such a stance

They already have this. Valikorlia has (and has always had for as long as I've played it(no i dont rp xD)) nice heads/bodies and recently updated levels to use a new tileset. I think it's just a matter of the right LAT putting it together.

WarriorCam
07-02-2008, 04:49 AM
I've been aware that Val needs a PVP/economy system for some time, actually. The problem isn't that I don't know it needs it (believe me, I know) the problem is finding someone who's willing (and able) to make it.

The current generation is NOT entirely against a PVP/economy system. Most are against a level-up system, true, and I don't plan on making one to be honest, though there will be progression of sorts. Many players are actually accepting of a combat and economic system, though there are always a few who don't like the idea and think I'm trying to turn the server into Zodiac and annihilate all roleplaying (which I would never do).

Crono
07-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Most are against a level-up system, true, and I don't plan on making one to be honest, though there will be progression of sorts.

:mad:

DarkRenji
07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Not haveing to wait 3 weeks for my weapons to be uploaded : (.

Vima
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
It seems so confusing. How does the server work?
Do I need to like PM a staff to register or something like that? I don't understand.
It seems so hard. It's not newbie friendly.

Pimmeh
07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
It seems so confusing. How does the server work?
Do I need to like PM a staff to register or something like that? I don't understand.
It seems so hard. It's not newbie friendly.

This

Darklux
07-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Well real roleplay is impossible without access control... Only look at graal kingdoms or the so called role play servers of a big common mmorpg.

Crono
07-02-2008, 11:47 PM
This

Was never a problem, Val was successful before and it's RP system is more or less the same.

Pimmeh
07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Was never a problem, Val was successful before and it's RP system is more or less the same.

I am disagreeing with you here.
I have often experienced newbies who just got yelled at for RPing like rubbish.
Hell, even I yelled at them from time to time.
"GTFO!!!"
So yeah... Maybe a starting guide?

DarkIceX
07-03-2008, 02:53 PM

You don't know how much I agree with this post. Whenever I log on Valikorlia now, I wonder why it just can't be the same as it was then :[

Over 2 years, I spent hours on Valikorlia during that time - I'm not sure why I quit after..

P.S: Alkaria was the best.

Crono
07-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I am disagreeing with you here.
I have often experienced newbies who just got yelled at for RPing like rubbish.
Hell, even I yelled at them from time to time.
"GTFO!!!"
So yeah... Maybe a starting guide?

How can you disagree with facts? Val had a ton of players in 02-04 and it's RP system was more or less the same as it is today.

P.S: Alkaria was the best.

*cough*nawtsees*cough*

DarkIceX
07-04-2008, 02:02 AM
*cough*nawtsees*cough*

You're just jealous we owned you!!!!
:D

Crono
07-04-2008, 06:35 AM
You're just jealous we owned you!!!!
:D

Asca till I die. Even if we had really fruity elves! :pluffy:

WarriorCam
07-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Keep in mind we want to attract new players as well as old players back without sacrificing our current playerbase. A lot of them don't want to see old nations come back, even some of the older players would rather create new things. Yeah, old Val seems great in memories, rose colored glasses and all that, but I am hesitant to bring back too many old nations. It just seems like too much time has passed, and that they've been dead for 4+ years and should remain buried. That isn't to say you won't ever see any old nations pop up (just last year there was a bit of a revival of Athedia) but if they do it has to be in a way that makes sense.

Cassy
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
(oops, lol.. haven't posted in a while and now remember why :P)

As far as audience goes, part of the argument is whether or not to change its niche, which can further be reduced to the ideals of text-based adventures over graphical presentations of self. Some players have a natural affinity towards reading, to feed on stimuli for the imagination; others require the adrenal rush for life-or-death reflexes, pushing them to their furthest limits.

For me, I've always felt inclined towards roleplaying and naturally found interest in Valikorlia (and Kharlia, for that matter). Then, upon curiousity of other roleplaying options, I decided to act on exploring the worlds of Era and Maloria, each with their different amount of doses and enjoying every single part of it. Eventually came complete detachment from Valikorlia itself. When trying to come back, this very thought of why and how this change of dynamics took place crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

Starting in black and white, text can only describe settings and takes into effort to capture the moment into words. It would be impossible to make a photographically recreate a setting into another's head, especially if it isn't something the recipient can relate to. Visible actions can do wonders with concepts of the imagination, lasting a lifetime and ironically forming stories of their own.

For that to happen, however, takes time and development-- there is no sense of instant gratification without having to deal with the associated red tape and bureaucracies (queue the nuances between working on a server and playing one). In other words, the level of interactivity and depth of text-based gameplay is unmatched.

Also to take into consideration is the type of players attracted within; look at each server we have today and you can ask someone to make stereotypical impression of each. Most of the roleplaying mindset cringe at reluctance of cooperation, or at the extreme the thought of their characters thoughtlessly hacked-and-slashed away, despite existing roleplaying controls.

Should a hardcoded gameplay system be placed to quench various levels in their hierarchy of needs, the addition of players always tend to throw in the end-all wrench known as balance. And, of course, we all know how that goes.

To accomplish such an equilibrium to integrate and satisfy both literary and graphical audiences would be a feat in itself but at the same time will be a server definately worth trying.

Valikorlia ('00-'04)
Dawn Skylark Xanthica (Valikorlia)
Reiya Twilight Rubeus (Empyria)

Era ('03-'07)
<insert lots of randomness>

Kingdoms ('03-'07)
<some stuff here, too>

Maloria ('05-'07)
Acacia Hesperides (Nayfle)

Oh, and before that.. Classic all the way!
-Cassy (TAW)

jorollychu
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
if my account worked there and someone would reset it for me so i could enable the gani weapons

WarriorCam
08-03-2008, 09:22 AM
That's certainly the plan, Cassy.

I'd encourage anyone interested in Valikorlia's development to check out my blog. (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=3925)

excaliber7388
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Only reason I don't play is because it's a roleplaying server.

Oni
08-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Ok, i've seen some pretty corrupt staff teams and been abused by retarted staff before. But Valikorlia beats it all hands down.

It all started with me and my friend silverice just wandering into this server that we never even thought of going to, because RPING? thats pretty *** but we went to try it out anyways.

We go there and IMMEDIATELY get labled as trolls because we just talk normally and dont use OOC (DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT) and dont talk in character or some sht. OK so were labled as trolls and immediately random ass people from EVERYWERE just start warping us around, jailing us, and all kinds of corrupt sht!
!pissed!!pissed!
Ok most of the times people deserved to be jailed or banned or w/e and maybe THAT time we deserved a punishment because we were just being jerks. But then heres were the corruption starts.
!pissed!!pissed!

Me and my friend silverice actually start trying to rp now. And i meen being nice rp, we go around journey into some badly created forrest with nasty gfx everywere and here we go, round 1, we start rping.

We sit down because some text battle is happening and THESE ARE THE EXACT WORDS WE SAY! NO EDITING OF ANY SORT.

"Hey brother lets sit here and spy on the battle" "Ok"

Then suddenly some person goes on staff tag,(BECAUSE 90 PERCENT OF THE SERVER IS STAFF) and says EXACTLY ---> (Can I abuse them please? I just love it when troll noobs come in disrupting RP) after that he warps us on a few trees, warps us into blackness, throws us into ooc 1,000 times and from here on CONSTANTLY were being harrased by players that have staff ppowers.

Sorry but its to much for me to say, soo much corrupt im not even joking around or making it bigger then it is, stuff like this happened literally 6-10 times.

Ok youd think there would be some high staff there to say "ok enough is enough guys stop pickin on the noobs" but there isnt?!
NO ONE ANSWERS THEIR RC! NEVER. NOT ONCE. EVEN THE MANAGER AND CO MANAGER WTFS ?!?!!??!
!pissed!!pissed!
I can tell you many more storys just pm me or somethin but literally i cant beleive i didnt get this sht on cam, when i get UNBANNED (Banned because I was in character trying to rally townspeople to overthrow the king. BUT RP'ing it!) im filming this, ive been jailed literally 3254254 times, i dont even kno by who.

Pretty much your [email protected]##$ because everyone is a staff, everyone is corrupt, everyone is a stiff poindexter tight wad, and you have no one NO ONE to back you up because no one answers their RC.

!pissed!!pissed!!pissed!

Inverness
08-28-2008, 05:53 AM
A person is only allowed to RP on Val if their IQ meets the minimum requirement.

It would also be nice if you posted account names instead of "some person."

I also take people more seriously when they use proper grammar and spelling. So if you have serious issues about Valikorlia that you want to bring up I suggest you raise the quality of your posts a bit.

And you were jailed by Levowitz, account Troku.

8/27/08 10:58 PM EST) Jailed for thirty minutes
spammed the text in a rp non stop. After warning him, he put me on ignore.
--Levowitz

8/27/08 11:04 PM EST) Jailed for thirty minutes
Spammed an rp in the same fashion as silverice, even after warnings.
--Levowitz

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Good to see Val staff can still keep the tradition of getting uppity when someone doesn't instantly catch on what goes on there.

Pimmeh
08-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Vals staff isnt corrupt. Its mostly idiots acting like idiots that are used to Era or UN in spammingness.
Val has a standard, yes it does, deal with it or be sent to Viking Jail :)

Oni
08-28-2008, 06:35 AM
what about the other 4 jailinings? and i dont care if you dont take people with my grammar seriouslys
its about valikorlia and all there corrupt staff
u guys didnt give us a chance, you dont warn us unless this is a warning

( GTFO OFF VAL )

you guys gave me and silverice the worst graal time ever
congrats

Inverness
08-28-2008, 06:35 AM
We don't apologize of having standards that are higher than other playerworlds.
what about the other 4 jailinings? and i dont care if you dont take people with my grammar seriouslysThen I guess I won't take you seriously either.
its about valikorlia and all there corrupt staffI've seen hackers call staff corrupt when they're banned.
u guys didnt give us a chance, you dont warn us unless this is a warningIf you want a warning don't put staff on ignore.
you guys gave me and silverice the worst graal time ever
congratsThanks.

I'm sure you'll find a different playerworld more suitable for you, one that doesn't expect you to have proper grammar and spelling.

WarriorCam
08-28-2008, 06:40 AM
RPING? thats pretty *** but we went to try it out anyways.

Any legitimacy your post would have had was pretty much just destroyed when you called the very core of the server "***".

I check my RC from time to time. There's a reason my AIM is in my profile, because I respond there more frequently. I am already asking on RC who is responsible for doing this.

Oni
08-28-2008, 06:42 AM
what kind of poindexter atacks someones grammar when they should be talking about the real subject the fact VALIKORLIA IS HORRIBLY CORRUPT.
YES ANYONE WILL HATE ON GP's or ADMINS or anyone who bans them, and usualy the players getting banned or jailed deserve it.

me and my friend didnt do anythign wrong? im not even joking around or lieing or anything we seriously tried to rp a zillion times and ended up getting banned for it?

did we not fit the STORY LINE OR SOMETHIN?!

CAM, ME AND SILVER LOVED THE SERVER wtF?! we actually dropped our other servers and got into it, then we get treated like sht, and STILL come back, until we finally jsut get VIKING BANNED
Seriously, we were just tryin to have fun and you guys just killd it.

p.s. ew why would i aim you dats nasty

WarriorCam
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM
what kind of poindexter atacks someones grammar when they should be talking about the real subject the fact VALIKORLIA IS HORRIBLY CORRUPT.
YES ANYONE WILL HATE ON GP's or ADMINS or anyone who bans them, and usualy the players getting banned or jailed deserve it.

me and my friend didnt do anythign wrong? im not even joking around or lieing or anything we seriously tried to rp a zillion times and ended up getting banned for it?

did we not fit the STORY LINE OR SOMETHIN?!

Look. I understand your trouble, I really do. We try to make the staff more friendly towards new players who don't quite grasp the idea of the server at first glance but it's hard. We are trying. I understand that if we want to get more new players we have to treat them with respect rather than as pests.

If you could tell me who was abusing you in "that poorly made forest" (as well as which forest it was) I would be grateful.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM
I check my RC from time to time. There's a reason my AIM is in my profile, because I respond there more frequently. I am already asking on RC who is responsible for doing this.

Sounds like a more professional way of dealing with a complaint rather than ignoring everything while establishing your e-dominance.

Oni
08-28-2008, 06:53 AM
the names are all funky i cant remember honestly
the reson why i even started this post is because i resently got an
odin death metal viking ban for ABSOLUTELY no reson

whats wrong with trying to get into the story? i didnt peek in any rooms or anything
you saw me following with the crowd, i was the green guy. I sat there for 30 minutes waiting for the count or w/e. And SUDDENLY my friend gets put in ooc, HES on ::sits::.
Then he gets furious like any human would because its a real far walk to get to that castle, and yes its REALLY hard to find it if youve only been there once.
So he gets viking banned i dunnon why, then I get mad and say this

"YOU BASTARDS WHY DID YOU BAN MY FRIEND"
but this wasnt in a pm or anything this was in a bracketed ( ) ooc thing.
OK yea i called the staff in general a "Bastard" but was that really worth a viking ban for me 2? Is that why im banned? sorry no RC even told me how long or who banned me.

WarriorCam
08-28-2008, 06:58 AM
omakeyce: hey
omakeyce: how come silverice is not in jail
omakeyce: but oni is still
omakeyce: and how long were they jailed?
Levowitz (GP): They both logged out
Levowitz: silverice logged back on and i unjailed him when i saw him.
omakeyce: okay
omakeyce: they are both out now then
Levowitz: Yes.
omakeyce: I just wish
omakeyce: instead of jailing newbs
omakeyce: or warping them for not following rules
omakeyce: you would explain the rules to them
Levowitz: Kinda hard when their name turns maroon.
omakeyce: and try to help them become part of the server
Levowitz: Y'know.
omakeyce: ?
Levowitz: when they put you on ignore.
omakeyce: yeah
Levowitz: :cookie:
omakeyce: I mean
omakeyce: /summon
omakeyce: to someplace else
Levowitz: I'm not entirely convinced these guys want to learn.
omakeyce: I think they do
omakeyce: they have been RPing
omakeyce: I have seen them legitimately rping
omakeyce: and even if they don't
Levowitz: So did that one troll guy
Levowitz: but he was, ironically, trolling us.
omakeyce: we should treat all players with the same level of respect and courtesy
omakeyce: and if they're trolling us, so what
omakeyce: it doesn't hurt us any
Levowitz: And when they refuse to follow the rules?
Levowitz: i suppose i should just let them interrupt any and every rp they want to, then?
omakeyce: if you've explained things to them?
omakeyce: then go ahead and jail them
Levowitz: once more
omakeyce: No Levo
Levowitz: MAROON NAMES.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:00 AM
This is a more professional way of dealing with a situation.
Props to WarriorCam. I gave you some rep for my rp for the day.

Oni
08-28-2008, 07:03 AM
DO WORK WARRIORCAM
DO WORK

yayayayaya NICE! See thats what im talkin about.
Im pretty sure more of your staff need that though.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I have no doubt Oni did something dumb on the server because its Oni, but I also have no doubt someone abused Oni because Oni was doing something dumb.

WarriorCam
08-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I know. Unfortunately the problem is deep rooted with Val. If someone comes to the server and doesn't immediately know how to RP and they try anyways, it's usually assumed they're trolling. It has happened in the past though, so I can't say I really blame them, but I try to keep the staff in line.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Well now if only you could do away with the elitist douchebag oneliners from Inversness about any complaints that happen.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Excuse me for having standards.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Couldn't that substanial IQ go to better means of dealing with the situation rather than fully expressing yourself as a douche, comeplete with the oneliners, with nothing really getting done in the progress.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Couldn't that substanial IQ go to better means of dealing with the situation rather than fully expressing yourself as a douche, comeplete with the oneliners, with nothing really getting done in the progress.If someone wants to come to me with a problem then they need to do it with proper grammar and spelling or I will not take them seriously. This has always been my policy, if you don't like it go to someone else with your problems, like Omake.

However if you can communicate like a civilized person I am there if you need me.

Troku
08-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Okay. It took me a while to figure out that I didn't have to put my email in, unlike on Graal. So, here I am.

Silverice and Oni have been here for two or three days. Each day they've barged into an RP, spammed it with things like "wtf" or "1337" while passing off some semblance of trying to learn to roleplay. We come to today and Omake is hosting an event where three new counts are to be chosen for new counties -- in come the brothers (oni, Silverice) spamming to their hearts content. Silverice went so far as to sit down in the middle of the room and go afk with "/brb setting up new music" over the period of twenty minutes I'd warned these guys about five times and OOCed them both two or three time. (OOCing someone consists of marking their account as ooc, which sends them to a level in which people idle oocly. They are completely capable of leaving at any time by either typing "/ooc" or "unstick me.") However they'd always return and continue to block out text in the small room in which we had to wait for our turns to be interviewed.

Eventually they both put me on ignore, and at that point I jailed them both for thirty minutes. They are not victims in this matter.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Okay. It took me a while to figure out that I didn't have to put my email in, unlike on Graal. So, here I am.You don't have to actually put in your email on Graal if you don't have a Graal###### account.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:26 AM
If someone wants to come to me with a problem then they need to do it with proper grammar and spelling or I will not take them seriously. This has always been my policy, if you don't like it go to someone else with your problems, like Omake.

Doesnt sound like a very professional way of dealing with potential problems with your staff.Be a douche after all the facts are laid down.

Troku
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Okay. It took me a while to figure out that I didn't have to put my email in, unlike on Graal. So, here I am.

Silverice and Oni have been here for two or three days. Each day they've barged into an RP, spammed it with things like "wtf" or "1337" while passing off some semblance of trying to learn to roleplay. We come to today and Omake is hosting an event where three new counts are to be chosen for new counties -- in come the brothers (oni, Silverice) spamming to their hearts content. Silverice went so far as to sit down in the middle of the room and go afk with "/brb setting up new music" over the period of twenty minutes I'd warned these guys about five times and OOCed them both two or three time. (OOCing someone consists of marking their account as ooc, which sends them to a level in which people idle oocly. They are completely capable of leaving at any time by either typing "/ooc" or "unstick me.") However they'd always return and continue to block out text in the small room in which we had to wait for our turns to be interviewed.

Eventually they both put me on ignore, and at that point I jailed them both for thirty minutes. They are not victims in this matter.

Quoted because it was eaten up at the bottom of the page.

Also,

Captain Kavanagh: the a-team is the best ****ing show ever hands down along with seinfeld
Captain Kavanagh: the a-team is the best ****ing show ever hands down along with seinfeld!!!!
Captain Kavanagh: lolololo

Hardly seems like trying to roleplay.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Doesnt sound like a very professional way of dealing with potential problems with your staff.Be a douche after all the facts are laid down.I'm the NPC Admin, my job is to script, not to deal with other people's issues beyond my own team.

However, I still offer my help to those people who are civilized.

Edit: I suppose I should make an automatic chat logging function to log chat to your client. I'll even include an MD5 hash in the file so the authenticity can be verified by myself.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm the NPC Admin, my job is to script, not to deal with other people's issues beyond my own team.

However, I still offer my help to those people who are civilized.

Edit: I suppose I should make an automatic chat logging function to log chat to your client. I'll even include an MD5 hash in the file so the authenticity can be verified by myself.

Well if this isn't your job, then why give us the one liners?

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Well if this isn't your job, then why give us the one liners?Because on the Graal forums I'm allowed to.

Edit:
Also, because he was whining about Valikorlia, and I happen to work there.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Because on the Graal forums I'm allowed to.

Sure gives a good image to the server you represent? no?

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Sure gives a good image to the server you represent? no?I'm not here to represent the server, I don't even RP.

Do I need to put a disclaimer in my signature now?

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
with all the elist one liners you were throwing around here you would think you're trying to defend Val from idiots. so Yeah, I tie those comments assoicated with val.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:45 AM
with all the elist one liners you were throwing around here you would think you're trying to defend Val from idiots. so Yeah, I tie those comments assoicated with val.If you want to tie my actions to Val even though I made it clear that I'm not representing Val that oh well, I don't really care.

Have fun on Graal's other RP servers.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Well maybe then you should let the real people to deal with this deal with things instead of you dropping douchebag comments about how he retarded is, because thats sure what they want from you. Grow up.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Well maybe then you should let the real people to deal with this deal with things instead of you dropping douchebag comments about how he retarded is, because thats sure what they want from you. Grow up.I don't remember calling him a retard, but I do remember saying that I wouldn't take him seriously if he didn't use proper spelling and grammar.

If you don't want me to respond in the manner that I wish don't post on the forum.

Oni
08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
re:troku-
nice cause i never put you on ignore nor went afk
so someones lieing

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
re:troku-
nice cause i never put you on ignore nor went afk
so someones lieingI was told Silverice put him on ignore. Don't know about you. But I think I'd believe Levo unless he wants to correct himself.

Troku
08-28-2008, 07:56 AM
No, they both did. Oni eventually took me off shortly after being jailed, however.

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't remember calling him a retard, but I do remember saying that I wouldn't take him seriously if he didn't use proper spelling and grammar.

If you don't want me to respond in the manner that I wish don't post on the forum.

with being an admin comes drawing out the legit facts from people who dont use proper grammar and spelling.

Inverness
08-28-2008, 07:58 AM
It is possible to to identify by script if you have someone ignored, I don't have to log that too do I?
with being an admin comes drawing out the legit facts from people who dont use proper grammar and spelling.That is not my job, as I said.

Oni
08-28-2008, 08:00 AM
no i dont put anyone on ignore unless your mystic

DarkCloud_PK
08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
It is possible to to identify by script if you have someone ignored, I don't have to log that too do I?
That is not my job, as I said.

then dont come here and act like it is with your one line posts about how retarded they are etc and that their complaint is null

Inverness
08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
then dont come here and act like it is with your one line posts about how retarded they are etc and that their complaint is nullYou know I'm not going to do anything just because you tell me to.

It may not be my job but I still offer help to those who need it, provided I'm not busy with work. And if they talk with proper grammar and spelling of course. Lets not go in circles, we've already taken up enough space in this thread.

If you want to continue reprimanding me my AIM SN is in my signature.

CaptainDax
08-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey I used to pay Val

It would attract me more if you had more girls(Or guys RPing girls) dancing naked and also they cyber me whenever I ask nicely

DrakilorP2P
08-28-2008, 01:04 PM
That reminds me. Do Valikorlia have any of those creepy persons who only play their shadow-halfdragon-vampire-werewolf-moonshadowentity alter egos?

Rufus
08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Hahaha wow.

Crono
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
That reminds me. Do Valikorlia have any of those creepy persons who only play their shadow-halfdragon-vampire-werewolf-moonshadowentity alter egos?

That's everyone nowadays.

Hey I used to pay Val

You still play Val...

farte6
08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
It having some sort of gameplay.

Spark910
08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I logged onto Val the other day, and here is what was unattractive to me:
- I was just put in a random level (potentially from being shown around as PWA ages ago) is there supposed to be an introduction?
- 9/10 doorways don't link to an inside level
- those inside levels that did exist looked as if they didn't have any purpose
- I saw 1 player in 30minutes of walking around

WarriorCam
08-29-2008, 01:56 AM
This is an old thread, and most of these issues are already being covered.

And yeah, some people don't like that we have a lot of buildings with no inside levels. I don't mind it too much, as a lot of the buildings simply don't need insides and are made solely to represent in-character population. I am thinking, Spark, you were probably in the capital city, which is actually being entirely redone right now.

Inverness
08-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Silverice just got banned on Valikorlia for using racist terms. Have a nice day.

And I'm still waiting for that AIM message.

kia345
08-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Silverice just got banned on Valikorlia for using racist terms. Have a nice day.

Can I RP a racist?

WarriorCam
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Against one of our fake races like drow or elves, yeah sure...

But if you call the manager the N-word when he warns you to stop spamming obscenities you're going to be banned.

Nataxo
08-29-2008, 03:13 AM
what about more adventures/quests?=P

AND HAVING A NICK JONAS PLAYING THE GUITAR WILL SOO ATTRACT ME TO VALIKORLIA

Switch
08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
what about more adventures/quests?=P

AND HAVING A NICK JONAS PLAYING THE GUITAR WILL SOO ATTRACT ME TO VALIKORLIA

It's RP (T2P [text to player]), not an actual RPG.

JONAS BROTHERS SUCK.

Nataxo
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
It's RP (T2P [text to player]), not an actual RPG.

JONAS BROTHERS SUCK.

ah.

and YOU SUCK >:o

Shadow5596321
09-01-2008, 05:06 PM
JONAS SISTERS SUCK.*cough*

draygin
09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Val has some nice graphics and decent levels the potential is there for it to be a popular server.

The problem is that to RP in Val you basically have a glorified chatroom. I think most people play Graal want to play a game and not just chat. There doesn't seem to be any kind of balance between chat RP and actual gaming. Having some monsters and dungeons and stuff like that would be good. (In reasonable amounts.) However I'm completely against any form of a leveling system as it really makes it harder for newer players to dive right into the RP due to level disparity between players.

For such a hardcore RP server I have to say I was sorely dissappointed with the quality of the RP.

I saw people licking each other, quoting lines from LoTR, some people with bushes talking about having a threesome and one guy who kept going on about how he wishes he could poison some one with mercury and then went into great detail about how it would look. For a charater wanting to do that he sure was vocal about it. (The last part was technically RP.) There where other odd things but those where the main things I saw IC.

Then there was the mass messages that where beyond terrible. Talking about how Jack Black was a homosexual and linking a bunch of youtube clips and stuff.

I don't know maybe my time spend in Neverwinter Nights raised my standards to a level that's to high for Graal.

xXziroXx
09-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know maybe my time spend in Neverwinter Nights raised my standards to a level that's to high for Graal.

NWN had awesome RP, I miss that :cry:

Crono
09-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Val will never become the server it used to be until the current generation of staff and players change their attitudes. These midbies now considered oldbies don't want Val to be the success it used to be, probably because they started playing Val (hell even Graal) while it sucked thus not expecting nor wanting anything out of it.

They all have this anti-social ****ing annoying mood about everything and it's pretty depressing as pre-flood Valikorlia was a fun server to play.

Donark
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
not getting jailed for saying "hi" would be nice.

Exhausted
05-29-2009, 07:36 AM
not getting jailed for saying "hi" would be nice.

Oh God, THIS.

Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've been jailed for enjoying the server without disrupting anything. I remember when two of my friends invited me to Valikorlia to look at their sword ganis and whatnot, and by the time i got on, they were jailed for just running around using random ganis to try them out.

And I always go on there to try to talk to someone and I got jailed once for going over someone's player...

Then the GPs/Management never respond until someone flames Val over the forums.

Valikorlia is like the PWA's blind spot.

Sinkler
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I think Valikorlia has a lot of phenomenal levels/graphics and can improve upon a better adventure system. I vote a Role-Playing Adventure type system. Picking Classes, Professions, etc.

This will also keep the RPing aspect on Valikorlia and add a little more spice to the stew.

Elk
06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Val could own Zodiac in terms of content, if it was used properly towards a different target which it isnt now, RPing is rare hence the low playercount (40)
But!

in the point of view of the players, they don't want more players, they like having their small community and rp world :)!

Crono
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
in the point of view of the players, they don't want more players, they like having their small community and rp world :)!

Funny, because the old Valikorlians from around 5 years back enjoyed large playercounts where a healthy majority RPed.

fa12
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
The last time I logged on the current RPs ignored me when I wanted to learn magic with me my Drow...they could have at least responded with a yes or no but they simply ignored me.

LoneAngelIbesu
06-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Given that staff can't change how the players act towards each other or newcomers, I'm not sure that noting the level of hospitality is worth the time.

Suggestions for substantive improvements are generally what this thread was created for. Substantive improvements would be, for example, the creation of a train system.

fa12
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Well I started becoming more developed with the rping and the people but I kept getting ignored but I guess I would have to make a new thread or pm someone of whom it may concern.

Unkownsoldier
06-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I love the graphics, the music, and the overall structure of Valikorlia. The levels are beautiful and there is a visible theme. However, it is a little confusing because you need to get words approved by staff to say? There are no monster to actually role-play with. Weapons are pointless although I understand they are just for show. The server is just boring however when you don't role play.

k_killar
06-05-2009, 10:47 PM
This is why i dont play...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/k_killar/valkorianolife.png

and.. no PVP or Leveling systems make it boring. but graphics are best 2D ever

CABAL49
06-06-2009, 12:41 AM
The server is just boring however when you don't role play.

It is boring because the people act like snobs when you try to join them.

LoneAngelIbesu
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I love the graphics, the music, and the overall structure of Valikorlia. The levels are beautiful and there is a visible theme. However, it is a little confusing because you need to get words approved by staff to say? There are no monster to actually role-play with. Weapons are pointless although I understand they are just for show. The server is just boring however when you don't role play.

The large majority of things you can roleplay do not need any approval by the Roleplaying Administration. Special abilities, like being able to cast magic, do need approval, because we have had problem after problem with people making themselves too powerful. I'm sure the game wouldn't be fun if everybody could destroy the world with a single spell.

DarkReaper0
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
The large majority of things you can roleplay do not need any approval by the Roleplaying Administration. Special abilities, like being able to cast magic, do need approval, because we have had problem after problem with people making themselves too powerful. I'm sure the game wouldn't be fun if everybody could destroy the world with a single spell.

I now cast spell of the infinite, I HAVE JUST SUMMONED SEVEN NUCLEAR MISSILES.

Stuff like that, or even less realistic?

LoneAngelIbesu
06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I now cast spell of the infinite, I HAVE JUST SUMMONED SEVEN NUCLEAR MISSILES.

Stuff like that, or even less realistic?

Nuclear missiles wouldn't be allowed, period. Generally, if the spell makes you invincible or uberpowerful, it's likely to not get approved, and you're likely to be punished if you try and use it after being told not to. Summoning a comet to destroy a city is probably out of the question, too. Creating a literal tornado of fire.. well, that too.

Do you understand a bit more, now?

Luda
06-07-2009, 06:34 PM
What would attract me to Valikorlia?
Less staff harassing new comers just because they are 'newbies' on the server.

fa12
06-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Hell Yes

Rave_J
06-08-2009, 07:04 AM
hmm Val when it very first came to Classic tab that was the best
how players teach u things in nations like classes
ect u can fight everything
i miss that val

LoneAngelIbesu
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
What would attract me to Valikorlia?
Less staff harassing new comers just because they are 'newbies' on the server.

Yeah, okay, we get it. You make it seem like the entirety of the staff team is a morass of bullies, which is categorically false. Though, it doesn't really make those of us that are nice to newcomers want to be when you guys badmouth the entire staff team.

Either way, I can't change the way players act on Valikorlia any more than anybody can change the way the players act on UN.

CABAL49
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, okay, we get it. You make it seem like the entirety of the staff team is a morass of bullies, which is categorically false. Though, it doesn't really make those of us that are nice to newcomers want to be when you guys badmouth the entire staff team.

Either way, I can't change the way players act on Valikorlia any more than anybody can change the way the players act on UN.

If it was just a couple people, it wouldn't be so bad. I tired several times to get back into Valikorlia. Sulukra(sorry I butchered your name) was the most helpful person I met on the New Val, but with the lack of interaction from other players and staff it became pointless to continue. I am sorry you feel that people are just badmouthing the Val team, but these are people who tried to play and were turned down.

LoneAngelIbesu
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
If it was just a couple people, it wouldn't be so bad. I tired several times to get back into Valikorlia. Sulukra(sorry I butchered your name) was the most helpful person I met on the New Val, but with the lack of interaction from other players and staff it became pointless to continue. I am sorry you feel that people are just badmouthing the Val team, but these are people who tried to play and were turned down.

I understand that Valikorlia is not the most hospitable server. But, it's not the cesspool a few you guys are making it out to be. I log on UN and can't walk any more than a few tiles without getting killed 10 times. But, I don't call UN staff a bunch of bigots because they won't help me stay alive, and I don't call the playerbase bullies or snobs. The same goes with Zodiac.

Valikorlia a close-knit roleplaying community. Most people don't roleplay with people they don't know, mostly because those newcomers don't know how to roleplay in the first place. The fact that there's a history of people logging on to Valikorlia to be asses to us doesn't make the playerbase very willing to help out new people. That aside, if there is a genuine want to roleplay or to learn how to roleplay, then you generally won't be run out.

If you mass that the server is boring and stupid because there's no leveling or PVP, then you don't understand what a roleplaying server is, and most players will actually explain to you what it is. When you call us geeks and nerds that live in fantasyland, then I think we're well within our right to run you out of the server.

The latest event of Valikorlia's staff being bullies to new players is with Rufus and his gang. They were exploring, and I was helping them explore. I even asked them to set their status to "OOC", so that there weren't any problems. Levowitz, an overzealous GP, jailed them anyways. Yet, I doubt Rufus mentions that the co-manager, Bell, and I, as well as the rest of the staff team, chastised Levowitz for doing that. We aren't newbie-haters. We want new people. But, those people need to have a interest in roleplaying. Most of Graal thinks roleplaying is the stuff you do when you play Oblivion or WoW, not collectively writing a story (which is what Valikorlia is: a collective story).

Rufus
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
The latest event of Valikorlia's staff being bullies to new players is with Chompy and his gang. They were exploring, and I was helping them explore. I even asked them to set their status to "OOC", so that there weren't any problems. Levowitz, an overzealous GP, jailed them anyways. Yet, I doubt Chompy mentions that the co-manager, Bell, and I, as well as the rest of the staff team, chastised Levowitz for doing that. We aren't newbie-haters. We want new people. But, those people need to have a interest in roleplaying. Most of Graal thinks roleplaying is the stuff you do when you play Oblivion or WoW, not collectively writing a story (which is what Valikorlia is: a collective story).

You don't even know my name :mad:

LoneAngelIbesu
06-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Chompy/Rufus. They sound the same. :D

xnervNATx
06-16-2009, 02:42 AM
lmao chompy

maximus_asinus
06-16-2009, 02:50 AM
I cast level 2 thread necromancy

then level 5 eroticism

Sinkler
06-20-2009, 12:15 PM
The one thing about Valikorlia is that it teaches a form of professionalism (due to the fact you have to remain in character at ALL TIMES) and it teaches you to speak in the highest of quality grammar. There's been a lot of disagreement in the forums, but we have to look to the pros as well. It taught me how to speak properly and how to be a professional in certain aspects.

Vman13x
06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Boring

Hiro
06-27-2009, 03:28 AM
honestly it sounds so anal that i don't even want to try it (and is why i have never logged on)

Crono
06-27-2009, 03:33 AM
honestly it sounds so anal that i don't even want to try it (and is why i have never logged on)

And see, rather than try to say "no man it's not that bad, come here and try it!" they'd much rather say something like "good stay the **** off then". Wasn't always like this. :(

Chompy
06-27-2009, 05:14 PM
The latest event of Valikorlia's staff being bullies to new players is with Chompy and his gang. They were exploring, and I was helping them explore. I even asked them to set their status to "OOC", so that there weren't any problems. Levowitz, an overzealous GP, jailed them anyways. Yet, I doubt Chompy mentions that the co-manager, Bell, and I, as well as the rest of the staff team, chastised Levowitz for doing that. We aren't newbie-haters. We want new people. But, those people need to have a interest in roleplaying. Most of Graal thinks roleplaying is the stuff you do when you play Oblivion or WoW, not collectively writing a story (which is what Valikorlia is: a collective story).

Chompy/Rufus. They sound the same. :D

o.o

lmao chompy

yeah..

Nelm
07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
To be honest, I'd be a little more willing to try Valikorlia out if the community was a little more welcoming. Nothing like logging on to the server and having the regulars treat you like you don't have a brain because you don't know how the server works.