PDA

View Full Version : How to Make Extra Money for Graal

cbk1994
06-17-2008, 11:57 PM
This plan should show exactly how Graal can make some more money, to stop all these damn limitations.

I sure wouldn't mind this, anyone else?

V7to103iAaE

No, I'm not serious ...

xAzerothx
06-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I think they have enough money its just they're greedy. I wouldn't mind a stupid pop-up that says "Upgrade now!" every few minutes...

Crono
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
I think they have enough money its just they're greedy.

Highly doubtful but blatantly pointing out how a company is doing in terms of economics on their own forum is kinda rude. I used to do it too years ago but grew up.

Rufus
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
This kind of advertising is more annoying than attractive. Annoying never really works that well.

Door
06-18-2008, 12:26 AM
This plan should show exactly how Graal can make some more money, to stop all these damn limitations.

I sure wouldn't mind this, anyone else?

GREAT IDEA PAL! Man I would pay any amount to get to experience that graceful display of beauty! This is an incredible idea, I cannot wait until this feature is enabled for subscribers.

Chompy
06-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Lmao, I remember this, was annoying as hell.. If it was there for trials I would pay to get rid of it (If I really like the game).. (xD? I wouldn't, but I bet SOMEONE would)

xAzerothx
06-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Highly doubtful but blatantly pointing out how a company is doing in terms of economics on their own forum is kinda rude. I used to do it too years ago but grew up.

You don't think they're making a crap load of cash from the gelats on Zone?

Googi
06-18-2008, 01:51 AM

Graal used to be ad-supported. It didn't work. Subscriptions and limitations on trials are necessary, but it would still be a good idea to have advertising in PM windows or something for trials.

Crono
06-18-2008, 01:52 AM

Hell no?

Googi
06-18-2008, 02:19 AM

They'd have to be selling several hundred thousand gralats on Zone just to approach the money made from renting servers.

MysticX2X
06-18-2008, 02:25 AM
They already make enough money from the useless servers using barely any space or bandwidth.

DustyPorViva
06-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't mind an advertisement on the playerlist(much like most IM services have), and some on the site(to be honest, might make it look better) and maybe sign in screen... as long as they aren't intrusive(flash) and ALL over the place.

xXziroXx
06-18-2008, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't mind an advertisement on the playerlist(much like most IM services have), and some on the site(to be honest, might make it look better) and maybe sign in screen... as long as they aren't intrusive(flash) and ALL over the place.

I'm on your buddy list.... You've made an old soul happy! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

xAzerothx
06-18-2008, 03:17 AM
They'd have to be selling several hundred thousand gralats on Zone just to approach the money made from renting servers.

I forgot about the rented servers. Those make a plenty of money. Why do they need more?

kia345
06-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Bread

Switch
06-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Aren't the Graal servers Cyberjoueur's OWN machines?

cbk1994
06-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Bread

http://www.bized.co.uk/images/bread_stats.gif

Switch
06-18-2008, 03:46 AM
http://www.bized.co.uk/images/bread_stats.gif

THIS IS UNACCOUNTED FOR!

Crono
06-18-2008, 04:00 AM
They already make enough money from the useless servers using barely any space or bandwidth.

I forgot about the rented servers. Those make a plenty of money. Why do they need more?

If you two seriously think CJ is making "enough" money you must blind, possibly stupid, or a mixture both. If CJ had the piles of cash you say they have then why do they have to resort to using players as developers on G3D? Why would they need to constantly change the trial systems to try to get people to upgrade?

If they had the money you claim they do, why is Graal the way it is today? Have some ****ing respect, if Graal was sitting on cash things would be different. To simply sit back and call them greedy as if they have more than enough is just retarded, specially without any background information.

Aren't the Graal servers Cyberjoueur's OWN machines?

I heard they're renting a place in Texas for the gameservers. Would make sense, as Europeans experience a delay with Classic's serverside hit detection (atleast I do).

Switch
06-18-2008, 04:03 AM
If you two seriously think CJ is making "enough" money you must blind, possibly stupid, or a mixture both. If CJ had the piles of cash you say they have then why do they have to resort to using players as developers on G3D? Why would they need to constantly change the trial systems to try to get people to upgrade?

If they had the money you claim they do, why is Graal the way it is today? Have some ****ing respect, if Graal was sitting on cash things would be different. To simply sit back and call them greedy as if they have more than enough is just retarded, specially without any background information.

I heard they're renting a place in Texas for the gameservers. Would make sense, as Europeans experience a delay with Classic's serverside hit detection (atleast I do).
If you read what Az said, he thinks CJ is greedy and hiding the fact that they have a lot of money.
Of course, I don't believe it, because they really don't have much of a business plan and how they're going to get from gum-on-the-sidewalk game to 5-start-hotel game.

blazeingonix
06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Hell no?

Yes.

Crow
06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I think they have enough money

Why do you think they do? What if somebody actually told you they don't?

Crono
06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes.

No they don't dude, do you even have a slight hint on how much it costs to run a company? I understand you're an avid Zone players but atleast try to use some common sense.

Door
06-18-2008, 06:43 PM
It's fairly clear to me that Cyberjoueurs does not make very much money and probably has to struggle to break even these days. It's very funny!