PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Server

Sinkler
06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
A server where you work for like a major corporation that is player-owned and there is like a government making laws etc.. I think it would be so much better if someone made a modern server WITHOUT guns and made it virutal life like... Guns maybe for people who live in the undergrouns that is ;)

cbk1994
06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
A server where you work for like a major corporation that is player-owned and there is like a government making laws etc.. I think it would be so much better if someone made a modern server WITHOUT guns and made it virutal life like... Guns maybe for people who live in the undergrouns that is ;)

New Utopia is very similar.

Crono
06-10-2008, 07:09 PM

This is what a modern server should aim at these days, not another Era clone. Then assuming such server succeeds, there would probably be a server that merges this server's best qualities with Era's to form the next-next generation of modern servers.

Of course Graal lacks quality developers that aren't taken at the moment and is just a daydream. :[

cbk1994
06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
This is what a modern server should aim at these days, not another Era clone. Then assuming such server succeeds, there would probably be a server that merges this server's best qualities with Era's to form the next-next generation of modern servers.

Ugh, Utopia clones. That's when the servers really start to suck.

kia345
06-10-2008, 07:33 PM
A "modern" server should actually aim for a modern, real life experience. Gunning down random people is punishable by ingame laws. An ingame police force. Actual jobs to do that don't require killing.

Sure it wouldn't be a fast paced pk game like what we're used to, but it might be a nice way to pass the time.

Hell, look at Era, trying to look real. Even the Police shoot random people outside the hospital.

bscharff
06-11-2008, 02:29 AM
This summer, I'll open BlooDev again and work on something.
Maybe.

Sinkler
06-11-2008, 02:29 AM
We must live in Downtown Chicago.

TSAdmin
06-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Maybe.

No.... Please.... don't.

mYg0tHaMpStEr
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
No.... Please.... don't.

I agree.

He'd fail anyway. He'd get on and say "****! I don't have any servers to steal from and I lost all my backups! Damnit!"

Darklux
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
No.... Please.... don't.

I second this too. To create a server like this with a stable economy is something else than just cloning era what you did back then ;)

gemini2
06-14-2008, 05:06 AM
Maybe.
lol you act like people actually like you.

Mafukie
06-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Man if you want that kind of realism, you might wanna try walking outside your house. I play games to escape the harsh grind of life, why would you want to do something like that in a game?

kia345
06-15-2008, 12:13 AM
So if a game doesn't require killing, it is an emulation of real life? I'll remember that when I get back on Animal Crossing

Mafukie
06-15-2008, 12:20 AM
So if a game doesn't require killing, it is an emulation of real life? I'll remember that when I get back on Animal Crossing
please lrn 2 reed werds, plazse?????????

I was responding to OP

" A server where you work for like a major corporation that is player-owned and there is like a government making laws etc.. I think it would be so much better if someone made a modern server WITHOUT guns and made it virutal life like... Guns maybe for people who live in the undergrouns that is *wink*"

virtual life like, is kind of like emulation of real life. But I think you were just being a troll anyway since I never said anything about killing, ect.