PDA

View Full Version : Taurė

ReBorn_Spirit
05-08-2008, 05:19 PM
As it is written in my elvish words list...

Forest - Taurė ([great] wood(s)/forest)

I have spoken to several of the kingdom members that I could find. To my best knowledge that is, my interpretations of this word should be a much better and more original kingdom name for Forest.

I would much like to see a change of kingdom name anyways, would be more fitting as we have many changes we wish to bring around. A sort of new era for the kingdom perhaps.

theunknown
05-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Sounds like it would make sense due to the kingdom being elven after all. Although we need to make things in the kingdom look more elvish like not living in a hallow tree but more like a treehouse, it would be nice to see the kingdom name changed.

Sam
05-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Nice name, nice idea!

Darklux
05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I support this, its sad that its hard to find a cool new name for samurai ;)

ReBorn_Spirit
05-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Well a name for Samurai is another story after all.

Maxo14
05-08-2008, 11:50 PM
change the gfx's of the houses too D=

ReBorn_Spirit
05-09-2008, 07:19 AM
change the gfx's of the houses too D=

Well thats for another day to be dealt with really.

Hatred89
05-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Sorta like the name Forest but it doesn't work at all as a kingdom name I agree with that. Not to sure if I like the new name or not but I do agree it needs a new name and possibly new houses.
You could go back to the old house graphics instead of using these tree houses.

ReBorn_Spirit
05-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Sorta like the name Forest but it doesn't work at all as a kingdom name I agree with that. Not to sure if I like the new name or not but I do agree it needs a new name and possibly new houses.
You could go back to the old house graphics instead of using these tree houses.

Well being in Forest kingdom does have some effect to the idea of a name change. I'm sure some are going to like the new name, others won't. Similiar reactions happened all three times Samurai's kingdom name changed. In the end, it all didnt make much difference as everyone got used to the changes.

The "new" house image we allready have is ready and all, but it has a small gani bug, and the fact that it needs its own "official" npc according to Bjorn.. who never even plays or listens to players anymore...

Basically at this point, any change is probably going to better then it used to be.

Tigairius
05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't care much for the name, but it's certainly not bad.

cyan3
05-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Nice idea, But I think it would be weird at first becouse I know many people will still call it Forest if it were changed.

BigBear3
05-09-2008, 12:49 PM
:fro:

Call Samurai Kurenai Joukai!

ReBorn_Spirit
05-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice idea, But I think it would be weird at first becouse I know many people will still call it Forest if it were changed.

And they would still be correct, as Forest is just being translated into a different language essentially.

:fro: Call Samurai Kurenai Joukai!

Unfortunately I believe this belongs in a different thread but its still funny.

Darklux
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Btw it somehow reminds me of the name of the earth in stargate, tauri.

ReBorn_Spirit
05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Btw it somehow reminds me of the name of the earth in stargate, tauri.

That might have something to do with the similiarities in various languages when the elvish was originally created to begin with.

Just a little off topic..

Rufus
05-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Don't the sub-forums get renamed to reflect their real kingdom name? Seems a bit weird everyone changing them, but they're not being changed on the forums.

Hatred89
05-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Don't the sub-forums get renamed to reflect their real kingdom name? Seems a bit weird everyone changing them, but they're not being changed on the forums.

We are only allowed to change the "title" of the kingdom and not the "name" of the kingdom. So she is just changing the title and not the name so the tag will change and the name shown in the gui when your clicking icons will change the name of the kingdom is still Forest.
I just wanted to clear that up and my guess is the forum names might stay but thats just my guess.

ReBorn_Spirit
05-09-2008, 08:23 PM
There was precident after a good time the forum names might be updated to the new name anyways. I suppose staff just want to be sure your not going to change name on them so often, as its just means less work for them.

Admins
06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I've renamed the kingdom :)

Darklux
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Definitly a nice name!

kia345
06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Better than "Rising Sun", that's for sure.

grawlgamer
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, its like an "old language" so we can all still call it forest because it means the same, but all you "educated people" can call it like this =p. Why is everyone renaming their kingdom anyway?

xXziroXx
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I've renamed the kingdom :)

Might wanna rename the name of this subforum from Forest to Taurė as well! ;)

kia345
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, its like an "old language" so we can all still call it forest because it means the same, but all you "educated people" can call it like this =p. Why is everyone renaming their kingdom anyway?

Everyone being less than half of the kingdoms?

The two kingdoms that got renamed both got changed from something lame (Samurai? Forest?) after a leadership change.

xAzerothx
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Rising Sun sounds better then Samurai?

kia345
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Not, but Samurai was lame too.

ReBorn_Spirit
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Since I took the kingdom, I've been wanting to return it to its place among the elves for rp reasons I don't entirely have to state here in this forum. But it is nice to have a good name on the kingdom now instead of that generic.. Forest.. tag

Next the ranks get converted

Ziro_of_the_Turks
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM
GK has been around for how many years?
It seems all the kingdom names just go back to their original names. Then we all look back and talk about how stupid it was to change the name in the first place.
But if Stefan did something more official this time, unfortunately, it might just stick.

But the original kingdom names were perfectly fine.

kia345
06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
GK has been around for how many years?
It seems all the kingdom names just go back to their original names. Then we all look back and talk about how stupid it was to change the name in the first place.

Pirate Crew

Stephen
06-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure the name should be changed without a poll from the Graal Kingdoms populace. Such an important decision is one for the people!

kia345
06-06-2008, 12:09 AM
She was asking active members of Forest, and several other people for a few weeks.

Stephen
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
She was asking active members of Forest, and several other people for a few weeks.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5126/satireic9.jpg

Ziro_of_the_Turks
06-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Pirate Crew

What is your purpose in mentioning the name of a G2k1 kingdom?
You'll have to elaborate on that title in order to get any point across.

Edit: Ahh, to hell with it, I have to go somewhere now.
So here it is...
Spoiler:
Pirate Crew was a G2k1 kingdom. As implied in my first sentence, I was simply referring to the history of GK.
Also, the name change from Pirate Crew to Crescent Pirates was actually coordinated by PC's founding father.
I doubt any other name-changing was done by any kingdom's founder.
While some may disagree, this really does make a big difference- IMHO, in roleplaying, a founder of a kingdom is like a story-writer. In story-writing, the author is God for what he writes. The next leaders who come are entrusted as being story-writers and to continue with the original intent of the story, as directed by the founder (remember, this is roleplaying, NOT real-life nations, so there's no room for greed and mischief). This is where people often fail.

kia345
06-06-2008, 12:43 AM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5126/satireic9.jpg

I was under the impression you were commenting on her not making a thread about whether or not to change the name. Also, no reason to try to play the part of the cool smart guy, you fall very short of that.

ReBorn_Spirit
06-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Oh alright now kiddies break it up before I have to please. Seriously though I asked those that were actually active and were decent enough rank to even consider the name in the first place. Then I went around and asked a few people who were just common members of forest and found what they thought of it.

To my knowledge after explaining what it meant, most were accepting the name. Not to mention Forest isnt a domocracy or a republic. It's infact either a dictatorship or a monarchy. Depending on how you view things that is. I personally see it as a monarchy.