PDA

View Full Version : Hrm, images question

Codein
04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Is there any way to make the top half of an image draw over the player and the bottom draw under without using separate images?

Crow
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, set an NPC to the image and dont do drawunderplayer() or drawoverplayer(). Should do what you want in most cases. Not possible with showimg() objects afaik, but I hope this will be changed.

Codein
04-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Well, set an NPC to the image and dont do drawunderplayer() or drawoverplayer(). Should do what you want in most cases. Not possible with showimg() objects afaik, but I hope this will be changed.

I think I'll use ganis for the trees instead. I'll have to learn how to put scripts in ganis though.

Crow
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Open it up with a text editor (the gani of course), then below the default head/parameter stuff put SCRIPT (yes, CAPS), then your script there, then put SCRIPTEND and thats it ;D

Codein
04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Open it up with a text editor (the gani of course), then below the default head/parameter stuff put SCRIPT (yes, CAPS), then your script there, then put SCRIPTEND and thats it ;D

That's a big help, cheers :)

Crow
04-05-2008, 01:40 PM
If you need some references, go on Zone if you didnt do that already in the past, then open up the zone_chat*.gani files in your gani folder ;)

Edit: Gani scripts also support GS2 btw, I dont know why Zone's chat ganis are still using GS1.

Admins
04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
The chat ani is zone_chat2.gani, which is using if (playerenters) so that it receives the setani parameters in params[]. We usually don't update fine working scripts :) The zone2_*_mech.ganis could also be interesting for you.

DustyPorViva
04-05-2008, 03:48 PM
You can use one image in a gani... any part of the image above the 0 y-coordinate will display over the image, and part under will display under the player.
Try messing with that.

Tigairius
04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Not possible with showimg() objects afaik, but I hope this will be changed.

Well, it is sort of possible.

changeimgvis(index, 1);

Crow
04-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Well, it is sort of possible.

changeimgvis(index, 1);

Hm. I didnt think about that. Now that you mention it, I actually never use layer 1. Interesting.

zokemon
04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
It won't show the image half way through another though. Graal images are pretty much like cards standing up vertically on a table.