PDA

View Full Version : Application: Veteranspy

Veteranspy
03-28-2008, 04:29 AM
1) I am Veteranspy a very cheerful worker :). I am mostly a LAT that loves to work but I do a few scripts here and there (nothing extremely big). I am mostly known on Utopia but some people know me on Era aswell. But I am also known on Zodiac. I play because I don't like doing anything else but playing Graal. It is fun more than one half the time :).

2) --servers worked for and rank on server-
Utopia -2004- Administrator,
Endora, -2004- Administrator,
Utopia -2004- Administrator,
Graal X -2005- Player Relations,
Zodiac -2007- LAT/NAT,
Utopia -2007- LAT,
Utopia -2007- LAT Admin,
Utopia -2007- Administrator,
Sorrento -2008- Administrator.
This is all I got. Dunno though if that is the correct dates for the servers. Really am not able to remember the exact times just know I worked for these servers.

3) I don't think I am better than anyone else. I just want to apply and put my foot out into the rat race of becoming a PWA. I might not be the best at anything and I might be young and I could go on and on but I am a really hard worker when I get a job anywhere. Doesn't matter whether it is in real life or in game I work my total hardest.

4) i am a current 9th grader. No, I need you to be more clear on this question, do you mean real life job or server job? You really confused me on this one. I could most likely devote like 8 hours or so to working on w/e is needed. Unless it is on weekends.

5) I think that the things about the content owning stuff needs to be changed badly. The reason is that people own it just by the content being put on their server? Why? Explain this because it makes no sense to me. It is pointless to get a backup from someone on your server and then instantly "Oh I am the owner of the content now YAY!"

6) This one time this dude was like "ban me" I didn't :) I felt good hehe. But no this one time this dude kept pestering staff. Ork banned him and I unbanned him - Ork didn't warn or jail him :(

Twinny
03-28-2008, 04:33 AM
1) I am Veteranspy a very cheerful worker :). I am mostly a LAT that loves to work but I do a few scripts here and there (nothing extremely big). I am mostly known on Utopia but some people know me on Era aswell. But I am also known on Zodiac. I play because I don't like doing anything else but playing Graal. It is fun more than one half the time :).

2) I have worked on many graal servers. I have clocked a lot of hours as an administrator on at the most 5 servers. I have been PR on 3 or 4. And I have been LATA at the most 3 or 4 times on 2 or 3 servers.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

4) i am a current 9th grader. No but I am working on getting employed. I could most likely devote like 8 hours or so to working on w/e is needed. Unless it is on weekends.

5) I think that the things about the content owning stuff needs to be changed badly.

6) This one time this dude was like "ban me" I didn't :) I felt good hehe. But no this one time this dude kept pestering staff. Ork banned him and I unbanned him - Ork didn't warn or jail him :(

You're a LAT with ban rights? This doesn't sit well with me. I also dislike the fact that this is your first post in these forums :(

Can you name any of the other servers? Classic servers > hosted > uc (uc being useless, really). Did you actually answer 3.) or did you just copy the question?

All in all, I think you should have putten alot more thought into this.

Horrified
03-28-2008, 04:54 AM
I don't understand!

You're a 9th grader no but looking for job?

Deophite18
03-28-2008, 05:03 AM
I don't understand!

You're a 9th grader no but looking for job?

I believe he is answering the questions in order without actually referring to them.
He states his education level by saying he is in 9th grade then instantly moves on to next question by saying say No (to the are you employed question) but is currently looking for a job. Confused me at first also. XD

cbk1994
03-28-2008, 05:04 AM
<3 Veteranspy, but I don't think you'd make a good PWA.

I do a few scripts here and there (nothing extremely big)
ORLY

Inverness
03-28-2008, 06:13 AM
5) I think that the things about the content owning stuff needs to be changed badly. The reason is that people own it just by the content being put on their server? Why? Explain this because it makes no sense to me.When you upload content you created to a Graal server it becomes the property of Graal. And Graal has adopted the policy that when new content is uploaded, the one who gets to determine who is allowed to use that content is the Owner of the server it was first used on.

We can't just have staff who quit a server and decide to take all their creations with them, it doesn't work that way. When you work on a server your creations become property of that server.

If a video game developer puts time and effort into a game that is released then decides to quit the company because of a dispute he can't just decide he doesn't want his content used in the game and force them to remove it.
6) This one time this dude was like "ban me" I didn't :) I felt good hehe. But no this one time this dude kept pestering staff. Ork banned him and I unbanned him - Ork didn't warn or jail him :(Why does LAT have ban?

Veteranspy
03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I have been an Administrator with ban my colleagues. I have not been lat in a very, very long time. I just do LAT and scripting work at random.

cjclark
03-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Well School Grade does matter because how much they know.But he does have an attitude problem just like Katono (his irl brother).He idlings on rc alot as well.Meaning if it came down to helping players he woulden't be there.

-James Green

cbk1994
03-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Well School Grade does matter because how much they know.But he does have an attitude problem just like Katono (his irl brother).He idlings on rc alot as well.Meaning if it came down to helping players he woulden't be there.

-James Green

Give it a break, man.

Veteranspy has no attitude, what are you talking about? Coolest kid in Graal.

TSAdmin
03-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Everytime I see that this thread is updated with new posts, when I click it to go and see that(those) new post(s), the original thread-starting post has changed - Your application... Maybe you should either add edits in new posts so we know your application has changed and what has changed, or at least have thought it all out as a whole before posting the application in the first place. :confused:

Veteranspy
04-21-2008, 12:10 AM
When you upload content you created to a Graal server it becomes the property of Graal. And Graal has adopted the policy that when new content is uploaded, the one who gets to determine who is allowed to use that content is the Owner of the server it was first used on.

We can't just have staff who quit a server and decide to take all their creations with them, it doesn't work that way. When you work on a server your creations become property of that server.

If a video game developer puts time and effort into a game that is released then decides to quit the company because of a dispute he can't just decide he doesn't want his content used in the game and force them to remove it.
Why does LAT have ban?

By the content owning stuff I mean that if you upload on a server and ask the owner for permission to use it for another server and if you get fired from said server you should at least be able to ask them to remove it and take it back to the server. And if it is uploaded on a server and is left there for a few months or even a few weeks it should become the property of the owner of that server.

-BTW delete the above post please.-

cbk1994
04-21-2008, 01:16 AM
By the content owning stuff I mean that if you upload on a server and ask the owner for permission to use it for another server and if you get fired from said server you should at least be able to ask them to remove it and take it back to the server.

I really hope you're kidding.

Utopia, delete everything you have I made. kthxbai

Darlene159
04-21-2008, 01:21 AM
By the content owning stuff I mean that if you upload on a server and ask the owner for permission to use it for another server and if you get fired from said server you should at least be able to ask them to remove it and take it back to the server. And if it is uploaded on a server and is left there for a few months or even a few weeks it should become the property of the owner of that server.

-BTW delete the above post please.-Think about what
you just said....can you even imagine what a mess Graal would be in if people were to do what you suggest?

Ravenblade1979
04-21-2008, 04:47 AM
sorry i just can't see you getting PWA.

cbk1994
04-21-2008, 05:25 AM
I sure hope not with a stance like that.

Veteranspy
04-24-2008, 04:32 AM
It means that have been UPLOADED on other servers. Not just on that one server. And I really do not remember when this became a flame contest in all seriousness.

cbk1994
04-24-2008, 05:16 AM
It means that have been UPLOADED on other servers. Not just on that one server. And I really do not remember when this became a flame contest in all seriousness.

What?

Get all my content off of Utopia, someone UPLOADED it there?

Also, main reason I don't support you as PWA is that you only have 10 posts and are not active in the community.

Katono
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
you do not need to have posts on a forum to be active towards playing Graal.. some people prefer not to be on these forums like others that have 2000 or more posts

Horrified
04-25-2008, 05:16 PM
you do not need to have posts on a forum to be active towards playing Graal.. some people prefer not to be on these forums like others that have 2000 or more posts

A lot of discussion regarding the game takes place on the forums. Being an active part of the communication center can mean a lot, really.

cbk1994
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM

The forums are very much a part of Graal, you shouldn't be a PWA unless you post at least some of the time.

Veteranspy
04-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I have been. But I have just been playing too much to even pay attention. Like I can't even tell I got new replies on here unless I need to say something important to put into the public. Thats all this is for really getting something known in the public. But also why would only 10 posts matter when I am truly a hard worker at times that I am needed. Of course in times I am not needed I am not able to do anything yet. But still the fact I do work hard should totally override the problem about my so little posts.

cbk1994
04-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I have been. But I have just been playing too much to even pay attention. Like I can't even tell I got new replies on here unless I need to say something important to put into the public. Thats all this is for really getting something known in the public. But also why would only 10 posts matter when I am truly a hard worker at times that I am needed. Of course in times I am not needed I am not able to do anything yet. But still the fact I do work hard should totally override the problem about my so little posts.

Skill of development should never overrule lack of participation in the community and lack of management skills. Two of the main reasons I've decided not to support you in this, though I hope you're still one of my best Graal buddies :)

Veteranspy
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
I am actually active here some times. I mostly send pms though... I am always on here when I am not busy playing online or playing CoD4. But as I said above I mostly only send pms over this. And I don't care how much I get flamed here. Once a friend always a friend. And once a work mate always a work mate. And you all don't seem to be grasping my point about the content owning stuff. So I really do not feel like explaining it over and over and over. So try to please understand exactly what I mean...

Katono
04-27-2008, 05:11 AM
the only PWA I see active on here is Bell.. Ibonic and Houdiniman, and Vulcan I do not see

cbk1994
04-27-2008, 05:22 AM
the only PWA I see active on here is Bell.. Ibonic and Houdiniman, and Vulcan I do not see

Houdini is on sometimes, but yes noone else usually.

This is why we want someone who is active :rolleyes:

Veteranspy
04-27-2008, 05:39 AM
I am active z.z

Katono
04-27-2008, 05:40 AM
whos to say someone that was active once cant be active later?

cbk1994
04-27-2008, 05:48 AM
I am active z.z
Not on the forums ...
whos to say someone that was active once cant be active later?

That's the problem. If, for example, Stephen, someone who posts a lot, got PWA, there is a much better chance he would keep posting on the forums then, say, someone who never posts?

Veteranspy
04-27-2008, 05:59 AM
I have been posting lately.

cbk1994
04-27-2008, 06:17 AM
I have been posting lately.

No you haven't ... you have 16 posts.

Horrified
04-27-2008, 06:28 AM
No you haven't ... you have 16 posts.

Everybody's gotta start somewhere?

cbk1994
04-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Everybody's gotta start somewhere?

I'm saying that he says he's been active the past few days -- I was trying to point out that he really hasn't outside this thread.

Aimee
04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Activity could be seen in two different ways. Posting and viewing. He could have very little posts, like myself. However, be an active viewer and know what is going on around the forum.

But I do see your point cbkbud. I only really post whenever I feel whatever I am going to post may be of a benefit or may be of importance. Although, I do view the forum a lot and perhaps Veteranspy does what I do.

cbk1994
04-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Activity could be seen in two different ways. Posting and viewing. He could have very little posts, like myself. However, be an active viewer and know what is going on around the forum.

But I do see your point cbkbud. I only really post whenever I feel whatever I am going to post may be of a benefit or may be of importance. Although, I do view the forum a lot and perhaps Veteranspy does what I do.

Perhaps, but hopefully we get someone who contributes a lot as well as just viewing.

Aimee
04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, that's true :)

Veteranspy
05-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Kinda hard to get posts whenever I can't find stuff that applies to me fully. Like seriously there is little I feel is important. And yes I "skim" through the forums. If I feel there is a point worth addressing then I will address it.

cbk1994
05-01-2008, 03:42 AM
9 of your 20 posts were in this thread, and several in the Utopia thread.

So really, you aren't that active on the forums, and you don't contribute much.

Veteranspy
05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I skim really.

cbk1994
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
I skim really.

So you don't contribute, and therefor likely would not start contributing if made PWA.

k_killar
05-03-2008, 02:56 AM
wtf u iz crazy utopia wont out in 2004 srry.

cbk1994
05-03-2008, 03:34 AM
wtf u iz crazy utopia wont out in 2004 srry.

:rolleyes:

Where have you been?

Katono
05-05-2008, 05:08 AM
I see 21 posts but w/e :)

you can not down a person for being poorly active towards a forums, not all staff are required to be active on such things, Hell I was staff for another game and the only had one part that needed to be active on the forums all other teams were only required to read up on them not "talk" to the players as their staff/player account -_-

cbk1994
05-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I see 21 posts but w/e :)

He posted again after I posted that.

you can not down a person for being poorly active towards a forums, not all staff are required to be active on such things, Hell I was staff for another game and the only had one part that needed to be active on the forums all other teams were only required to read up on them not "talk" to the players as their staff/player account -_-

It's not a 'requirement' but we of course want someone who is active. Why would we want someone who never reads what the players want, and never comments on it (I am not saying that you don't read, but I cannot truly say that you do read a lot as there is no proof to this).

In general, we'd just prefer someone active on the forums (I am speaking as if to represent the forums though I am really just stating my opinion; I won't bother going back and changing it, just know I am stating my opinion, no one else's, though I feel that others likely agree)

Veteranspy
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Most likely but I work hard and play hard. No matter what people think I will never be discouraged. You can flame me all you want but it won't make me remove my application because I really do want to put my foot in the door and at least try. Even you said it Chris. You have more opportunity being picked by applying than by sitting back and not.

cbk1994
05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
That's true, but we can also state why we don't think they would make a good PWA.

And, truthfully, the way you talk about Ork, that's very unprofessional. You haven't dealt with that situation well, so I really doubt you could deal with a larger one, or even a smaller one.

Veteranspy
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
How do you mean?

cbk1994
05-06-2008, 04:40 AM
How do you mean?

The way you're always threatening Ork about "your" content and throwing a hissy fit (just like Ork and your dear brother) when you are told to remove the stolen tileset from your server.

Seriously, you're asking to be a PWA when you have stolen things on the server you co-manage which you knew were stolen?

Katono
05-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmm consider this Chris, a Tileset is a tileset, if persay we had scripts from another server yes Id consider that stolen the tileset is there untill the person I have making a new one is free from their school, the Globals are aware of this as I have placed that in a ticket

Tigairius
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Hmm consider this Chris, a Tileset is a tileset, if persay we had scripts from another server yes Id consider that stolen the tileset is there untill the person I have making a new one is free from their school, the Globals are aware of this as I have placed that in a ticket

What's your point? No, a tileset isn't just a tileset. It is equally content belonging to the server just as much as scripts are. If you're using a tileset without permission, even if it's just a placeholder, it's still stolen. Just like you can't go in to your neighbors' garage without permission and take their lawn mower because yours is broken and you're waiting for it to get fixed.

cbk1994
05-07-2008, 02:10 AM

What kind of argument is that? A tileset takes a LOT of time and effort to make, you can't just rip it off.

What is it you want me to consider? That you have stolen images that you don't consider stolen because you will eventually remove them once your server takes off (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!) and you can get a graphic artist (ALSO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!)

Veteranspy
05-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I got a GFXer I can get. He is just always away. And also it is TRULY mine. Ork whined and whined and whined until Tony gave him a backup. He never intended for Ork to instantly take it and destroy its name. Ever since Ork stole it from Tony it has declined. And also. He has given me full rights to everything Utopia. Whether the globals like it or not he doesn't want Ork with the rights anymore period, thank you come again.

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 05:07 AM
I got a GFXer I can get. He is just always away. And also it is TRULY mine. Ork whined and whined and whined until Tony gave him a backup. He never intended for Ork to instantly take it and destroy its name. Ever since Ork stole it from Tony it has declined. And also. He has given me full rights to everything Utopia. Whether the globals like it or not he doesn't want Ork with the rights anymore period, thank you come again.

Is that even relevant to this thread?

Veteranspy
05-10-2008, 05:11 AM
it is relevant to your flamming.

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 05:29 AM
it is relevant to your flamming.

Yes, I decided to come "flamme" your thread.

I pointed out that because of your quarrel with Ork, you would make a horrible PWA. Also, I believe you've proved this yourself in this thread.

Veteranspy
05-10-2008, 05:32 AM
I have only proved how truly far you are going to try to get at my reputation.

cbk1994
05-10-2008, 06:38 AM
I have only proved how truly far you are going to try to get at my reputation.

I'm not trying to hurt your reputation; I said that you would make an extremely poor candidate as you are always picking fights. Your own posts in this thread prove this.

I'm sorry if you wanted no one to comment on your application, but you can't always get what you want.

And besides; you have little or no reputation with the majority of the people on this forum because you are nigh unknown to those who do not visit these crappy UC servers that you/Katono/Ork/everyone else tend to make. So, in theory you started out with a clear slate, and now you have brought your fight on here. That's not the first impression I would try to make.

Clockwork
05-17-2008, 04:10 AM

I haven't read through most of your thread, but judging from this post I'm guess that; Ork got a tileset, that was supposed to be temp.

The tileset artist that gave it to him cannot say "use it and delete it", once given permission and uploaded, the tileset belongs to that server, despite someone else's opinion. o_O

Not trying to stick up for Ork, he knows I don't care for him much. But, whether Tony "likes it or not" it is the servers property.

cbk1994
05-17-2008, 04:31 AM
I am now in charge of the development of Utopia, so perhaps we can see some good changes :)

Veteranspy
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Ork actually gave it up?

cbk1994
05-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Ork actually gave it up?

If you'd read the thread, you'd know he still owns it.

Sinkler
07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't think he'd be a great asset to the PWA team BECAUSE, he does have an attitude problem. He disconnected me and disprected me to numerous times on Utopia. He acts very immature at times.... Not a good PWA. But does good dev wok ;)