PDA

View Full Version : Guild Nicknames - Delay and Filter

TSAdmin
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I've noticed that with the Guild CP update (maybe even before, but the last time I got into a Global Guild, or even VIP, it told me I had to CHOOSE a name to stick with) people are able to change their nicknames without delays - ie: Can be done once every 5 seconds if they so wished. It's not such a huge problem, but I don't think it's necessary to be so lax on delay and a player should probably wait at least 24 hours before being allowed to change their nick in a Global Guild, again.

Secondly, and most importantly, see the attached image. This player is a good example for this issue. Without delays in nick changing for his VIP tag, this is only one of the nicknames he was allowed to change it to (censored in the image). I think it should be looked into, to censor obscene words from being allowed in Guild nicks.

Dan
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I agree.

cbk1994
03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
o.o

Doesn't Era disable global guilds anyway?

Chompy
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM
o.o

Doesn't Era disable global guilds anyway?

VIP is a special guild

grawlgamer
05-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Now when you say special....

Sorry for the bump I just couldn't resist.

Tigairius
05-12-2008, 04:18 AM
I disagree with 24 hour time limit. Also, I could have sworn there was a swear filter installed on Era that I worked on for hours... What happened to it?

cbk1994
05-12-2008, 04:30 AM
I disagree with 24 hour time limit. Also, I could have sworn there was a swear filter installed on Era that I worked on for hours... What happened to it?

Players complained, no doubt.

Tigairius
05-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Players complained, no doubt.

Who cares? Houdini told them to use it, and they didn't cooperate, apparently. If the swear filter was still as it was when it was initially installed there would be no problems with people wearing 'illegal' names because it filtered nicknames as well. There is a reason that it was installed: because the players couldn't handle themselves, so quite honestly they can complain all they want, it shouldn't be removed. That's like some kid being let out of timeout just because he asks, what kind of punishment is that?

grawlgamer
05-12-2008, 04:38 AM
They removed it, you can only say naughty words against a certain thing, not someone.

Twinny
05-12-2008, 04:39 AM

I made one from Zodiac and they took it out. Apparently it's all good to be an abusive homophobe on classic servers :(

Tigairius
05-12-2008, 04:41 AM
They removed it, you can only say naughty words against a certain thing, not someone.
There's no filter for intentions, so we can only guess what are most likely the intentions, especially on Era.

I made one from Zodiac and they took it out. Apparently it's all good to be an abusive homophobe on classic servers :(

Yeah, it would seem that way with the way the staff act.

cbk1994
05-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Who cares? Houdini told them to use it, and they didn't cooperate, apparently. If the swear filter was still as it was when it was initially installed there would be no problems with people wearing 'illegal' names because it filtered nicknames as well. There is a reason that it was installed: because the players couldn't handle themselves, so quite honestly they can complain all they want, it shouldn't be removed. That's like some kid being let out of timeout just because he asks, what kind of punishment is that?

Don't get offensive, I'm with you. I always have a swear filter on servers I work on.

I was just stating that players tend to complain, and staff tend to give in. It bugged me so much on Utopia that staff would ask me to make the swear filter not apply to them. The manager was the one who started this craze. I was literally the only staff with the filter still enabled for me.

Tigairius
05-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Don't get offensive

I didn't get offensive with you, I just used your quote to make a point.

grawlgamer
05-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Personally, I'd like to see an e-tard filter against phrases such as: "u, j00, ur, r, wat, wut, wit, dat,"

TSAdmin
05-12-2008, 06:56 AM

Maybe you should check the date this thread was created against the date you, me and HoudiniMan put our heads together to come up with a similar set of Filter Rules ;o This screen capture was taken months ago, when the three of us only created the filter around 1 month or just over ago, otherwise I would have assumed you would have brought this point up when I made the thread :p The filter is still in place on Era.

At any rate, it's not like Era's filter actually fixes the problem with Guild nicknames breaking the rules to start off with.

Tigairius
05-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe you should check the date this thread was created against the date you, me and HoudiniMan put our heads together to come up with a similar set of Filter Rules ;o This screen capture was taken months ago, when the three of us only created the filter around 1 month or just over ago, otherwise I would have assumed you would have brought this point up when I made the thread :p The filter is still in place on Era.

At any rate, it's not like Era's filter actually fixes the problem with Guild nicknames breaking the rules to start off with.

I couldn't remember exactly when it was put in place, but I am pretty sure it was right around the date that this thread was made. None-the-less, all swear filters should still filter nicknames. Also, I'm stating this based on the fact that I logged on to Era and tested the filter before I made that post, and was able to say some pretty dirty things.