PDA

View Full Version : Application: Aimee

Aimee
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Introduction
Simple, and straight to the point. I'm Aimee, I mostly interact on Unholy Nation and Zodiac. However, I always find the time to visit other servers to interact with their players and get a taste of how other servers operate and commit themselves to Graal. My main server would have to be Zodiac. I am very commited to online communities such as Graal, and would like to make it a professional career in the future. I have learnt a lot from player GraalOnline in the last previous years.
I love meeting new, different and unique people and Graal is a great way of doing this as everyone is unique in their own way shape and form.

I have previously taken upon the position as GP on Unholy Nation, however I am no longer a GP on Unholy Nation. I am currently a GP on Zodiac and it has been a great experience working on both of these great servers.

Previous Experience

Unholy Nation

Graal Police (GP) - Assisting, interacting, controlling and monitoring players.

Temporary Events Team (Events Team) - Entertaining and interacting with players.

Graphics Team (GAT) - Improving the graphics around the forum.

Zodiac
Graal Police (GP) - Assisting, interacting, controlling and monitoring players.

Habbo Hotel
Moderator - This position is similar to a GP. Dealing with players.

Hobba - This position is also similar to a GP. Dealing with players.

Other Servers..

Rudora
Endora
Enigma
Metropolis

Why choose me?

I am a very unique person, who comes as a full package, batteries included! Due to my previous experience, I feel that I have the talent and abilities to fulfill a position of this nature. I have dealt with many players with many different problems - So this position would be very natural to me as i've been in positions similar to this previously.

I interact with a lot of players. I am a very relaxed and chilled individual who is always ready for a challenge. I thrive to complete my challenges and take upon new challenges.

Five words that would describe me would be:
Honest, Hard-Working, Loyal, Friendly, Positive.

I have various skills and qualities that will be very beneficial for GraalOnline if a position of this nature was taken upon by myself.

As far as I know, there is currently no PWA located in the same time zone as myself, or in the United Kingdom. I feel that it would be a bonus to have different timezone PWAs recruited as there would be some sort of around the clock service and assistance for players, rather than having them wait for a reply to their tickets and problems.

Education, Work, Dedication
I am no longer in education - I am currently employeed, however my hours are flexible as I am Team Leader for a bank here in the United Kingdom. I would be able to dedicate the majority of my spare time to Graal, as I currently do already. I currently work Monday to Friday, 9AM to 5PM, however some days I finish earlier than my contracted hours.

I currently have two qualifications that are highly recognised here in the United Kingdom, these are RSA Level 1 and Level 2. I am currently under going my RSA Level 3. This is in word processing and editting.

What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?
I feel that there are a lot of young players who participate in the day-to-day playing of GraalOnline. These young players are forever seeing unacceptable language and actions from the older generation of players and this is unacceptable.

A system should be put in to place to ensure that younger players are immune from seeing content which they should not see, such as mentioned before, unacceptable language. Racism is a big issue as far as i'm concerned on quite a number of servers, and younger players learn from others and this can become a habit.

I feel that players should have the ability to enable a swearing filter in-game, this swearing filter would change the swear words to appear as asterics '****'.

Players letting others borrow items is a big issue also - and should be made clear that if players let other players borrow an item, they do so at they're own risk. This can cause quite a lot of hassle, however I feel that it is in our best interests to ensure that players are made aware of such things.

Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.
As mentioned before - I have a lot of experience to be proud of. Judgement is a big issue when being a staff member, as judgement is what you think is the best solution to the problem and I always use my judgement to help solve problems.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or visit me on Zodiac.

Thanks.

Felix_Xenophobe
03-07-2008, 09:15 PM
'ACCEPTE

DustyPorViva
03-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, you come with batteries? Not often does that occur. Where do they get inserted?

Aimee
03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Bwahaha! Wouldn't you like to know?! Haha. I'm a full package ;]

Switch
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Aimee4PWA
She's shown she's worthy

Aimee
03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Ha, Switch. You've always made me smile. Thanks for the thumbs up! :)

Switch
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Ha, Switch. You've always made me smile. Thanks for the thumbs up! :)

Yea but seriously I didn't even have to look at the app for that, I just posted xD After looking at the app I wanna say "Aimee4PWAx5"

xXziroXx
03-08-2008, 06:18 AM
I can't say I know Aimee, but, this application is given an Approved sticker by me! :)

DustyPorViva
03-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Hmm, I can't say I agree on your ideas of 'immunity to harsh enviroments', mainly because it's impossible and annoying to try to do so. I do think if it's ever reported, then it should be dealt with... but I don't think we need a 'system' to do the work, IE a censorship thing. You can't censor people, I find it annoying when people try to censor because it just leads to others avoiding the censor and odd problems with normal words being censored. This is the internet, you're never going to be able to censor people, and harsh environments aren't exactly rare.

Though... if it is done on the clientside and people can enable it themselves and not actually censor the person when they talk, this may discourage avoiding the filter since you're not actually censoring the person. I doubt it though, because the stuff you really want to censor will be slurred at others... and people will purposely avoid the filter just so they know the other person can see it.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Personally I think that if it was done clientside, it wouldn't be such a problem. If people are excessive swearing, they are reported anyway, so if they avoid the censor then they're going to be reported anyway aswell.

Those who are swearing at another player would not be able to identify if the player who they are swearing at has the censor on, therefore it wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

But I can see your point, and fully understand where you are coming from. I really appreciate your view.

Banditz
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Aimee for PWA, she seems like a really nice person and can deal with people well.
Good luck.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Banditz! Thanks for the thumbs up - Very much appreciated. I do try my best at all times. Thanks once again :)

Ravenblade1979
03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I hope you get it Aimee. You sould like you know what your doing.

About the swearing thing. I can agree to a point (example: you lock someone on zone they spend the next 20 minutes swearing at you etc) but people generally should have freedom to express themself. However, the racism thing needs to stop.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd like to think that I know what i'm doing :p I do try!

Yeah, Racism is very excessive everywhere, it really does annoy me to see so much racism going on - Hence why I brought up this solution. It's the type of solution where there are advantages and disadvantages to it.

But thanks for the thumbs up, Raven! :)

Tigairius
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Racism is very excessive everywhere, it really does annoy me to see so much racism going on - Hence why I brought up this solution. It's the type of solution where there are advantages and disadvantages to it.

I don't think racism is as big of a deal that you're making it. It doesn't seem like it's something that should be focused on, however; I have worked with you several times before and you're a good GP. You have the experience in a GP aspect to be a good playerworld administrator. I do support Aimee for PWA.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
It really is Tig. I remember GPing every single day, and always having many players come off with racial comments and slurs. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It's something that I would really like to work on though, trying to at least decrease the amount of racism going on.

I really enjoyed working with you Tig, you were an inspiration to me if I must say, and thanks for the support! :)

Darlene159
03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't think racism is as big of a deal that you're making it. It doesn't seem like it's something that should be focused on, Actually, racism and extreme foul language is really bad on certain servers (or was). It really depends on the staff. Some care, and some dont. It is a big deal in the areas where it is ignored by staff on the server. I'm not going to play on a server where I have to see that garbage. Just saying...

Tigairius
03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Actually, racism and extreme foul language is really bad on certain servers (or was). It really depends on the staff. Some care, and some dont. It is a big deal in the areas where it is ignored by staff on the server. I'm not going to play on a server where I have to see that garbage. Just saying...

I agree, rules should certainly be enforced. Racism and foul language is a big deal, but not so much on a global-scale (they are just words, after all). It should be more left up to the local staff members to enforce such rules. If they're not enforced, then perhaps the playerworld administration should notify that playerworld that they need to start enforcing more rules.

Darlene159
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
(they are just words, after all).:(
They may just be words to you, but words cut like a knife to some people. They should not have to be subjected to it on a game they pay to play, especially. I have seen horrible racism being ignored more than once by staff, and horrible language as well. I can see excusing minor cursing, but what I have seen ignored is way beyond minor, and if people are punished, it is laughable. The punishments should be severe for people who repeat this kind of behavior.

I think, in general, it may not be a serious problem, but I do believe that in cases where you have playerworlds that have a big problem with this, the pwa should step in and let the staff, and players know that this behavior wont be tolerated.

xAzerothx
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
If someone insults you on a game you shouldn't take it personally.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I totally agree with what Darlene is saying, i've seen the exact same and it's just unacceptable. However, you all do have a point in some way shape or form.

Anyway, it's nice to hear other peoples views and opinions.

DustyPorViva
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
The whole 'it's just words' thing is no excuse, really. Racism and such should never be allowed, or tolerated.
I just don't think you'll ever be able to censor it... so why try? Just enforce the rules for language and such.

Bell
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Language censors are available to any server that wishes to use them. Most servers that have used them have found them to be more trouble than help. They actually just become a new method of fun for those who get their entertainment through the use of foul language or racial slurs.

The PWA does speak to the local administration when we receive complaints about rules against racism and foul language not being enforced but its still up to them to enforce it. For the most part it becomes an issue on servers as who is to enforce it since not all servers have enough GP's to cover at all times. Naturally players tend to get worse when they know that nobody is there to watch.

Ravenblade1979
03-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Of course players get worse. Its fun for them to do it so they will. Maybe a detterant should be put in place to stop this. Like 1st offence (racism stuff here) and 2 day ban, 2nd offense 1 week ban, 3rd offense 2 month ban.

just something to really slow it down.

Bell
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
There is already a system in place for that. Its still up to the local servers to enforce it. The current local ban system has a 14 day ban for severe vulgarity or racism. These ban times were set up after polling the servers to find out what their standard times were that they usually used for punishment.

They are however just a guideline to help standardize some of the usual problems that servers come across. Most servers will start with a jail time then increase the punishment as offenses increase. There is also a 30 day ban for multiple jailings and in extreme cases the 10 year "hacking" ban is used to bar them completely from the server. When its used though, the server should specify in the comments as to exactly why they are using this ban.

The PWA try, whenever possible, to not interfere with what the local management. We are not here to tell them how to run their servers as long as they make a reasonable attempt to follow the Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Aimee comes from a GP background so I do understand why her focus would tend to be on a rules enforcement side. It is extememly helpful to have had that type of experience but it definitely isn't the only focus of a PWA.

cbk1994
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
On Utopia I had a filter that didn't actually filter, just logged when words were detected, so that staff could investigate any claims.

Aimee
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
On Utopia I had a filter that didn't actually filter, just logged when words were detected, so that staff could investigate any claims.

Hmm, I remember Unholy Nation having this, and so did Zodiac. It wasn't the best to be honest. It was abused quite a lot and flooded RC, as when users found out that staff were notified on RC they took advantage of it.

But I guess if logs were logged in a file, that could work.

DustyPorViva
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
If I ever ran a server I'd probably log all chat and have it for reference in case anyone ever claimed someone had been harassing them or such.

Tigairius
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
If I ever ran a server I'd probably log all chat and have it for reference in case anyone ever claimed someone had been harassing them or such.

I disagree with that, I think everyone is entitled to some sort of privacy.

DustyPorViva
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Not online, at least on a game ran by someone else. Only I would have access to the logs, and only referenced when reported.
Do people still feel they have privacy online? I figured everyone has found out already, whether it's a game, AIM, MSN, a website, e-mail... you never know who could be reading your stuff.

cbk1994
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM

I kept a clientside array of the last 5 chats, and then if swearing was detected, would send the last 5, and the next 5 after the swearing.

Did not report to RC though, would be far too much spam.

Twinny
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
and so did Zodiac

Things have changed...my filter just said like, "maybe you shouldn't use <insert bad word>" when you tried to type it. It was a quick and temporary solution to widespread racism that actually lasted a while. Doubt it's there now.

My last method involved being able to add a filter to abusive players. Basically, you were free to say whatever unless you've been found to be extremely harassing/abusive in which case you got this wicked filter added. It didn't let you say much and it had an auto-timer to it.

DustyPorViva
03-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey, that sounds good, Twinny. I'd probably add it, however, so that anyone who harasses/breaks the rules with language gets muted. Not being allowed to chat at all for so much time.

TSAdmin
03-10-2008, 03:56 AM
In regard to that "they're just words" post:
I think racism is worse than foul language. Foul language can be used to a point where people don't find it detrimental or aimed at their race or background, and it tends to just fizzle out of peoples interest. On the other hand, racism targets those points, and is highly unacceptable when the words being used are meant to single out a person, or persons, in particular, and should definitely be filtered. As far as I'm concerned, racism should be filtered, no questions, but a filter for swear words should be up to a playerworld to take action on. Even here, on the forums, while the words '****' (F word) and '****' (C word for vagina) are censored, the words 'pissed' and 'ass / arse' aren't, which is acceptable in my opinion, while all racism is censored.

The problem with filters on a server is that with the number pad and symbols, aside from the letters making up the filtered word, there's always going to be ways to imply/replicate the word originally censored. I could put a word as simple as "duck" and given that it fit in with a conversation I was having, it would be obvious I meant the F word, and no one is about to censor the word 'duck'.

Exhausted
03-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Aimee + PWA = bad idea, possibly.
I've seen her corrupt her powers just as a GP, I've seen her get staff on Zodiac and UN add tons of items to her, seen her harass her 'friends'.

I can only imagine what should would do with the power she's gotten her friends corrupt for her...

Twinny
03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
The only issue I've had with Aimee involved those pm message codes in UN when they were just realized by the general public. I used a few and was jailed. Apparently it was the easiest solution as message codes confused the poor UNers :(. I figured it was the easiest and she never actually sought a method to resolve the problem that didn't result in screwing people over.

Soon as Nas got on, I got out and was able to 'fix' the problem in 3 seconds and was promptly released with apologies. Now when you try to use message codes on UN, you get the message saying they are not allowed! Inbuilt chat filter! Simple! Lack of discussion with her peers :(

Other than that, I haven't heard any real bad things about Aimee.

Aimee
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I've seen her corrupt her powers just as a GP, I've seen her get staff on Zodiac and UN add tons of items to her, seen her harass her 'friends'.

I can only imagine what should would do with the power she's gotten her friends corrupt for her...

Right, so let me get this straight.. I'm corrupt, and i've had items added to me on Zodiac and UN? Prove this and i'll give you a pat on the back. I don't re-call being corrupt at any stage. I don't re-call getting others to add items to be on Zodiac or UN. I however, will admit to having items given to me - However, they were not asked for, and the majority of them were for testing if I can remember correctly. If you have heard any of this from someone else, then perhaps you should re-think your 'sufficent' resources. They don't seem to know what they're talking about. All I can say is that I have not ever been corrupt, harrassed anyone or forced anyone to give me anything. It's basically my word against yours.

I have never harrassed any of my friends, I value my friends greatly. Nor would I ever think twice about becoming corrupt at all, I value this game very much and would hate to jepopardise any of my chances of being successful and succeeding.

The only issue I've had with Aimee involved those pm message codes in UN when they were just realized by the general public. I used a few and was jailed. Apparently it was the easiest solution as message codes confused the poor UNers :(. I figured it was the easiest and she never actually sought a method to resolve the problem that didn't result in screwing people over.

Soon as Nas got on, I got out and was able to 'fix' the problem in 3 seconds and was promptly released with apologies. Now when you try to use message codes on UN, you get the message saying they are not allowed! Inbuilt chat filter! Simple! Lack of discussion with her peers :(

Other than that, I haven't heard any real bad things about Aimee.

Twinny, I do apologise - I take full responsibility for that. I'm not sure if I have apologised to you about this before, so I will take the time to do so now. Sorry. ^^

Banditz
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM

Yeah thats why some servers offerd her a job... And yeah give proof or dont post whats not ture.

cbk1994
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
No, of course you have never abused.

No one ever thinks they themselves are corrupt ...

DustyPorViva
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm terribly corrupt.

Switch
03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
No, of course you have never abused.

No one ever thinks they themselves are corrupt ...

Except she doesn't.

Clockwork
03-11-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't know Aimee, though the only thing I could possibly say is I don't like your grammar and spelling! :( Recall is a word without the dash, and jepopardise is spelled jeopardize. The same goes for apologised, which is spelled apologized. I may have missed some, only read that last post.

Ravenblade1979
03-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Spelling and grammar should have nothing to do with getting this job.

Clockwork
03-11-2008, 03:36 AM
I know, I was just stating those. :)

cbk1994
03-11-2008, 04:18 AM
Spelling and grammar should have nothing to do with getting this job.

You'd think that ...

However, if you make mistakes on a real application, they just throw your application away.

It's best to put as much effort into an application as possible to show how interested you are. To me it sounds like English may not be her first language, if that's the case, that's totally different.

Aimee
03-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't know Aimee, though the only thing I could possibly say is I don't like your grammar and spelling! :( Recall is a word without the dash, and jepopardise is spelled jeopardize. The same goes for apologised, which is spelled apologized. I may have missed some, only read that last post.

Considering that I am from the United Kingdom, we spell apologised, apologised and jeopardise, jeopardise.

Not with a z!

:)

Gaelic is actually my first language, but if anyone knew any better and knew that I was from the United Kingdom they would see that we spell some words differently from those in the United States and Canada.

Twinny
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Considering that I am from the United Kingdom, we spell apologised, apologised and jeopardise, jeopardise.

No doubt he'd go insane over, "colour".

I never worry. Americans have managed to butcher the stuff they stole from England. Spelling, the already ****house imperial system....they're horrible!

A billion is a million million: not a thousand billion. That's why there are fewer billionairs outside of America but they're probably more important than anamerican one. They also had to change a gallon to be special.

Miles.....ugh...

zokemon
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate it when people complain about the standards of other countries that us residents have no control over. Miles, inches, feet, yards, gallons, pounds and all the other units of measurement were decided waaaaay long before any of us were born.

If your gonna complain, please keep it about current events and important things. Feel free to complain about our idiot for a president all you want.

Twinny
03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
If your gonna complain, please keep it about current events and important things. Feel free to complain about our idiot for a president all you want.

You guys had your chance but you failed :p

zokemon
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
You guys had your chance but you failed :p

Don't you know how our voting system works? The people don't actually vote for the president. The democracy is really just an illusion.

But back to the application, yes spelling is something you really should focus on for an application but when you are online dealing with people from all over the world, a few miss-spelled words here and there while on the job is not that big of a deal. You should definitely spell check and grammar check your application before submitting it though. I did about 20 times before I submitted my Graal 3D one.

DustyPorViva
03-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I have one word for all of this... thru.

Codein
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I have one word for all of this... thru.

Very tru.

Darklux
03-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Gaelic is actually my first language, but if anyone knew any better and knew that I was from the United Kingdom they would see that we spell some words differently from those in the United States and Canada.

Minority Languages are awesome, I made an larger essay about welsh once ;)

DustyPorViva
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh, and don't forget the spelling of Stefan and Unixmad... their grammar and spelling is terrible, so I'm sure there is some leeway for a few mispelled words here and there.

Aimee
03-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Lets just not get in to an argument about such a little thing. We all make some sort of spelling mistake once in a while.

Let's put the spelling differences to one side and forget about it.

@DarkLux - Cool. I don't speak Gaelic any more though. My mum is from Southern Ireland and my dad is from Northern Ireland. However, we live in Northern Ireland now.

I speak English now. Gaelic is just a distant memory fading away, really, lol.

Vima
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Thumbs up for Aimee :)

Aimee
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Ah! SK, I always did admire you. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Twinny
03-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh, and don't forget the spelling of Stefan and Unixmad... their grammar and spelling is terrible, so I'm sure there is some leeway for a few mispelled words here and there.

Stefan speaks German/French mainly while Unixmad speaks French..and possibly other stuff. They get alot of leeway :p

Tigairius
03-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Stefan speaks German/French mainly while Unixmad speaks French..and possibly other stuff. They get alot of leeway :p

I think they both speak English quite well for having other languages.

Clockwork
03-12-2008, 12:11 AM
"colour"
-twitches-

cbk1994
03-12-2008, 02:17 AM
hmmmmm may be
I think they both speak English quite well for having other languages.
Yes, I definitely agree, especially Stefan.

Bell
03-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Ok people, time to move past this. The European english came before the american english. We all know our forefathers were trying to differentiate themselves from their birth countries so arguing colour vs color is totally unimportant.

I have a great respect for those that can speak multiple languages even close to fluently but this is derailing Aimee's application so could we get back on track.

Pimmeh
03-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Wohoo! I got Bells respect! (I can speak english quite well, I think :) SPEAK, not necessarily type!)
On topic:
Erm... Aimee for PWA?

Aimee
03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
On topic:
Erm... Aimee for PWA?

You reckon?

Vima
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I think Aimee has a really good application.
Aimee can handle all situations. For Example: I remember when I used to work for UN, she was one of the few staff who never got into arguments.
She always did her job very well.
Aimee would make a great PWA!

Aimee
03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks for your support SK. It is appreciated. I tend not to get in to arguments. I prefer to solve issues and problems maturely. I always try to work to the best of my ability in all job roles.

You were a great person to work with, whilst carrying out our project and whilst you were a LAT at Unholy Nation.

MysticalDragon
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Nice application Indeed Aimee. Seems like your a very motivated individual that would help change and maintain our community in a positive aspect. I hope you get selected to be apart of the Playerworld Administration Team, as you have defently deserved it. We need more people/players like you with a kind, caring, sensitive heart.

Imperialistic
03-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Isn't this Aimee's application?
Why is there a discussion about rascism.. =/

Aimee
03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Nice application Indeed Aimee. Seems like your a very motivated individual that would help change and maintain our community in a positive aspect. I hope you get selected to be apart of the Playerworld Administration Team, as you have defently deserved it. We need more people/players like you with a kind, caring, sensitive heart.

Thanks for the positive feedback MD.

Isn't this Aimee's application?
Why is there a discussion about rascism.. =/

The replies about racism were about the 'What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?' question in the application.

@Rufus: Not in this world i'm not!

Imperialistic
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes, some of them were.. then it started into a debate.

Aimee
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, then the debate started to derail the main purpose of this thread. So let's just not get back in to that :p

Mafukie
04-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Pools Closed