PDA

View Full Version : Switch - Application

Switch
03-04-2008, 04:41 AM
switch (n) - 1. a slender, flexible shoot, rod, etc., used esp. in whipping or disciplining.
Yes, I can be a pain in the ass, but no, that's not who I am. What I am, though, is Switch, the person noun, not the thing noun. I'm known around the Graal community as either a developer, Events Member, cool person, or, by a select few, a pain in the ass. [/pun]

When I was about 10 my friend and I were looking for some cool MMORPGs, and we saw Graal and gave it a try. He didn't like it too much, but I was... big time. I've been playing ever since that day because of the community (dieing, might I add), and for developing.

I currently have no job and I'm not expecting to get one for 1 or 2 years. With that said, the only thing getting in between me and Graal at all is school, friends, or being on a trip.

Servers, in my point of view, needs a big time change up. Some of the better servers/playerworlds never make it to hosted, usually because lack of staff. Before I get into my idea, it's necassery to understand another thing: current Hosted/Classic playerworlds. "Why do I need to know this?" Well, quite simply put, they aren't at all what they used to be, which was questing and having a fun time. Now they're just "PK PK PK! OMGROFL HE DIED ROFL PK PK PLX!" That's not why I was attracted to Graal, but because it was supposed to be about questing. Well, where's the quests!?
I think that it shouldn't be on the size of the overworld and such, like I've heard it is, or "1/2 hour playability", but the actual STORY behind the server. When I say story, I mean plot. Quality, of course, should also be considered.
So with those out of the way, non-played worlds on classic/hosted should also be removed for "spacing it up", as I call it, and to get more staff for better playerworlds.

As I've said, I've never had a real job. I've only worked with people on Graal. Places like Symphonia, Zone and Zodiac are just a few. I've seen maybe 20 come and go, meaning I worked there.

I always take different sides into consideration. I always look ahead BEFORE looking at the present. I also try to think around something. Imagine walking towards a swinging door that never stops, and neither can you. Well, I break that control and stop before the swinging door, then find a way into the doorway without getting hit. Metaphor, metaphor, what can we do without?

If you've read this far, I'm going to take a guess that you like my application. Well, not only is the application me, but also my personality. I have a personality you can't forget. Sometimes you can't love it, but sometimes you would, but it would always stay there. I can be kidsy and mess up some times, but hey, I'm human.

Thanks for at least taking the time to read this. Hope you pick someone worthy of the position.

cbk1994
03-04-2008, 05:14 AM
So with those out of the way, non-played worlds on classic/hosted should also be removed for "spacing it up", as I call it.

I agree, make room for more of the better unknown servers.

Clockwork
03-04-2008, 05:32 AM
I'd agree, but who's to decide which servers are better? Also, they pay for the server and enjoy making it, why should it bother you?

cbk1994
03-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I'd agree, but who's to decide which servers are better? Also, they pay for the server and enjoy making it, why should it bother you?

He means taking servers off of classic/hosted which don't do anything or have low player count, not completely removing the servers.

PaperMario
03-04-2008, 05:46 AM
PWA is a huge responsibility. To be honest Switch, I really don't think you're mature enough to handle PWA.

I wonder why TSAdmin hasn't applied yet..

cbk1994
03-04-2008, 05:49 AM
PWA is a huge responsibility. To be honest Switch, I really don't think you're mature enough to handle PWA.

Busy managing Era I would suppose.

TSAdmin
03-04-2008, 12:37 PM

I'm on it, babe ^^ :)

<3 Switch

MysticX2X
03-04-2008, 04:51 PM
No offense switch but i dont think you're just ready for PWA right now.

Darlene159
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Guys, Don't just say "You are not right for the job", or such.
If you have something to say, give constructive reasons for what you say.

Chompy
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, I think you should answer more of the questions from this thread: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78925

Switch
03-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, I think you should answer more of the questions from this thread: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78925

I secretly did ;)
If you read through it completely, you'd find that I did. I didn't use the exact wording, so I didn't copy, but I did answer it all.

Horrified
03-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Guys, Don't just say "You are not right for the job", or such.
If you have something to say, give constructive reasons for what you say.

No offense to you, but that is really a fine response. What if he really just isn't "that kinda guy..." in people's minds? Editting an application or re-submitting one would look sloppy anyways.

I'm not going to give any opinion on other's applications, it's stupid, I just wanted to point that out. So this was in no means at all anything against or even for Switch.

Switch
03-07-2008, 12:44 AM
No offense to you, but that is really a fine response. What if he really just isn't "that kinda guy..." in people's minds? Editting an application or re-submitting one would look sloppy anyways.

Is this using a real job application for a real job? No.
Are there any smudge marks? Didn't think so.

foxboi
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
He means taking servers off of classic/hosted which don't do anything or have low player count, not completely removing the servers.

Having a low playercount doesn't neccesarily mean that the server isn't doing anything progress-wise.

cbk1994
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Having a low playercount doesn't neccesarily mean that the server isn't doing anything progress-wise.
I never said that was what it meant, I was just clarifying what he said :cool:

BigBear3
03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, Switch applied? :rolleyes::noob:

Switch
03-17-2008, 02:59 AM
I never said that was what it meant, I was just clarifying what he said :cool:
But that wasn't what I said either... o_O
I said the playerworlds with no work being done an nothing to really do.
Oh, Switch applied? :rolleyes::noob:
No. Swltch did. not Switch. LEARN JOOR FAKTS :mad:

BigBear3
03-17-2008, 04:22 AM
As long as they were paid for who cares? What if that person decides to do work and goes "Oh I paid for this." Graal would be in trouble. Bad idea.
No. Swltch did. not Switch. LEARN JOOR FAKTS :mad:

:noob::noob::noob::noob:

BigBear3
03-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Everything Switch ever posts is easily flamebait.

xAzerothx
03-17-2008, 05:06 AM
I don't remember if I posted in this and I'm too lazy to check.

No.

Horrified
03-17-2008, 05:26 AM
I don't remember if I posted in this and I'm too lazy to check.

No.

All is well, for I have checked for you and you didn't.

xAzerothx
03-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Thank you.

cbk1994
03-17-2008, 05:30 AM

In that case, your application is an instant fail.

I sincerely hope that you do not make PWA.

Horrified
03-17-2008, 05:34 AM
Thank you.

Many welcomes among your presence and thankfulness.

Switch
03-17-2008, 10:24 PM
In that case, your application is an instant fail.

Why o_O

cbk1994
03-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Why o_O

Did you even see what I was quoting? :confused:

Switch
03-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Did you even see what I was quoting? :confused:

You know what I meant. Hosted and Classic, and only from off their own lists.

cbk1994
03-20-2008, 03:06 AM
You know what I meant. Hosted and Classic, and only from off their own lists.

IS THAT NOT WHAT I SAID? x_x

xAzerothx
03-20-2008, 03:17 AM
^ Flame, bant.

BigBear3
03-20-2008, 03:20 AM
^ Flame, bant.

I don't see anything. AFK.

Switch
03-21-2008, 10:39 PM
IS THAT NOT WHAT I SAID? x_x

no

Switch
06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Killer app.

Chompy
06-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Killer app.

Uhm? Why the bump?

Switch
06-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Uhm? Why the bump?
Cuz I'm so cool.

Dan
06-06-2008, 12:37 AM
:fro:

cjclark
06-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Total Fail on the Application although it was good in detail.Shows about life how he came to graal would standup in a real job.But you are only targeting Classic and Hosted servers maybe a few others I just skimmed through lol.

PaperMario
06-15-2008, 06:11 AM
oh man..lol