PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Application.

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Hello, I am here to apply as a scripter for Graal Kingdoms, so without further adu, lets get to the application :)

Background:

I have been scripting for graal for about four to five years, I have worked on many a server, including pre-hosted Zodiac, Symphonia, and Endora.
But even before scripting, I was a very fluent programmer, tackling such languages as C, C++, PHP, HTML, and the likes.

Reason for applying:
I am applying because i love GK, it has been, and always will be, my favorite MMOG of all time, and sadly it's greatness is fading.
GK once supported many a player, we had a nice playerbase, made up of more than just idle oldbies in the bomboria trade house.

What happened?

My theory is Graal Kingdoms' staff are just too busy, they don't have the time to tend to Graal Kingdoms anymore, and thats where I would like to come in, I want to bring GK back from the ashes, and aid it in reliving it's former glory.

Examples:
If you would like to see some examples of my work, please send my a private message over the forums, and i would be happy to oblige :).

Who to contact for proof of me working there:

Zodiac: No-one anymore, it's been a while since pre-hosted, and no-one likely remembers me from there >_<

Symphonia: Chompy, Clockwork, Mursle.

Endora: MysticalDragon, Omaster2.

Dev kozmule99: chanceyboy.

And more, just don't have them all off the top of my head.

Conclusion:
Thank you for reading my application, if there are any grammatical errors, please inform me (I like my grammar to be as good as possible), and if you have any questions feel free to forum PM me,
Thank you!

-Zach.

Switch
03-02-2008, 03:15 AM
I support sir Master of War.

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Heh thanks Switch :).

Ziro_of_the_Turks
03-02-2008, 04:01 AM
I don't think they're hiring a "scripter"?
Maybe apply for battle island project to get your foot in the door?

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 04:04 AM
I don't think they're hiring a "scipter"?
Maybe apply for battle island project to get your foot in the door?

Well, Bjorn told me to apply here if i wanted to help, so here i am.

plus, did you misspell scripter to make fun of me? Because to be frank i spelled it correctly in all it's uses from what i have so far seen.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
03-02-2008, 04:08 AM
plus, did you misspell scripter to make fun of me?

No.

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Alright, good to know :)

BigBear3
03-02-2008, 05:20 AM
I want to bring GK back from the ashes, and aid it in reliving it's former glory.

Mmhmm.. I've heard this before.

cbk1994
03-02-2008, 05:43 AM
As a GS2 scripter and having seen some of his work, I support "warmaster70229". I have seen many examples of his work, and they are very good. I believe that he would be a valuable asset to Graal Kingdoms in helping it come out of its gloom and shining in its full potential.

Chris Zakuto
Former Scripting Admin for Sands of Glory
Current Co-Manager and Acting Scripting Admin for Utopia

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you Chris, and BigBear, your comment was not needed, please keep the trolling out of my thread.

Crow
03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you Chris, and BigBear, your comment was not needed, please keep the trolling out of my thread.

It was a valid point. I dont think its taking your chances, too.

Darklux
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Id like to see more coders but the lack of gfxers is nearly a stronger problem, most likely new coders will need gfxing friends if they want to see new graphics in their work at all.

Stephen
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Contact me over PM, I want to see the quality of your work.

Seeya
03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I endorse Warmaster70229.

He worked at endora- he was good.

Clockwork
03-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I like zach and his scripts are great! But I do not endorse him.

He is far to immature for this project. x.x;

cbk1994
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Far too immature to work on the dev server where he cannot possibly abuse or mess things up?

I'm sure they back it up anyway ...

Clockwork
03-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Far too immature to work on the dev server where he cannot possibly abuse or mess things up?

I'm sure they back it up anyway ...

Kay... :(

cbk1994
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Kay... :(

Don't be frowny, be happy! :)

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 05:59 PM
It was a valid point. I dont think its taking your chances, too.

Agreed, but at the same time it was vague as to it's intentions, sounded like he was being rude rather than making a point :)

Id like to see more coders but the lack of gfxers is nearly a stronger problem, most likely new coders will need gfxing friends if they want to see new graphics in their work at all.

Also agreed, I vote Aeko for kingdoms GFX ;)

I endorse Warmaster70229.

He worked at endora- he was good.

I still do, just need to get on RC >_<

I like zach and his scripts are great! But I do not endorse him.

Meh? My good friend, there is a difference between having fun, and being immature, I see maturity more of knowing when to draw the line between being serious, and the contrary.

Contact me over PM, I want to see the quality of your work.

Hmm, to be frank I don't think your the one who would be hiring me, thus I don't quite wish to send my work to you, especially seeing your attitude all over the forums, namely in the thread that convinced me to come here.
But I'll consider it.

Stephen
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmm, to be frank I don't think your the one who would be hiring me, thus I don't quite wish to send my work to you, especially seeing your attitude all over the forums, namely in the thread that convinced me to come here.
But I'll consider it.
If you're working on my projects, I will be the on deciding if you stay.

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Hmm, GK is your project?

O.o;

Chompy
03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Hmm, GK is your project?

O.o;

Most likely you won't be scripting for GK as in a whole, but on a project on GK most likely, and Stephen is cool ^^

warmaster70229
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I know he's cool, but he was mean earlier :(

Ravenblade1979
03-09-2008, 07:47 AM
warmaster i have directed Stefan's attention to this thread as he and bjorn are the two that would hire you.

I believe Stefan is going to direct Bjorn here. If not I will message Bjorn for you. I sincerely hope you get it.

warmaster70229
03-28-2008, 12:23 AM
warmaster i have directed Stefan's attention to this thread as he and bjorn are the two that would hire you.

I believe Stefan is going to direct Bjorn here. If not I will message Bjorn for you. I sincerely hope you get it.

Thank you dearly raven, and thanks to everyone else who supported me :)