PDA

View Full Version : Rides

Toxen
02-11-2008, 01:59 AM
How would someone go about making a ride, like scripting wise? Say a roller coaster, something like that. My other question like where the player shoots a water gun and fills up a balloon how would you do that ? I'm not asking about whole scripts just little tutorials or explanations.
Please and thank you.
-Thanks
Toxen:confused:

coreys
02-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Uhm...the first one would probably be...well pretty complicated. o.O
As for filling up a water balloon with a watergun...projectiles and triggeractions?

Inverness
02-11-2008, 03:18 AM
For a roller coaster that would involve attaching a player to an NPC.

zokemon
02-11-2008, 03:26 AM
For a roller coaster that would involve attaching a player to an NPC.

Not really. The roller coaster could be like the train tracks that were on 2k1 and that didn't involve attaching to a npc.

Rapidwolve24
02-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Hmm for a roller coaster just create the vehicle (or cart), attach the player to it (or put the player inside of it) and make it follow the track.

For a water gun filling a water balloon (on a table or something) use a gun that fires the projectile and make the water balloon a class and when the water projectile hits it make it fill up slowly.

napo_p2p
02-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Hmm for a roller coaster just create the vehicle (or cart), attach the player to it (or put the player inside of it) and make it follow the track.

This works. But I would just make the player follow the track and set their gani to show the cart.

DustyPorViva
02-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Or, take the same theory, apply it to an NPC instead, and attach the players. The big key to a rollercoaster is multiple people riding it at the same time, much like a train.

Inverness
02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Not really. The roller coaster could be like the train tracks that were on 2k1 and that didn't involve attaching to a npc.One person per car isn't a roller coaster. Not any I've seen at least.

napo_p2p
02-11-2008, 08:56 AM
One person per car isn't a roller coaster. Not any I've seen at least.

Very true ;)

For Graal though, I think it'll look better with a string of cars with just one head per car.

Twinny
02-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I wanted to remake Fun Island on N-pulse but that place....bleh. Utilize zoom 'technology' for roller coasters/water rides/train/merry-go-rounds and such as well as provide a ****load of sideshow games. Script alot of clowns and walking dolls and such...could have been a challenge and a half.

I don't have the effort now or a place to do it.

xAndrewx
02-11-2008, 09:53 AM
There's quite alot on Era, such as the mechanical bull and the rocket. Both of them use a gani.

Crow
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
There's quite alot on Era, such as the mechanical bull and the rocket. Both of them use a gani.

Well, that stuff is not that complicated, since theres not really moving involved. The player is warped, a gani is set, and then he is warped back. Thats it.

Inverness
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
For Graal though, I think it'll look better with a string of cars with just one head per car.I think so too, but I felt obligated to counter Zero first.

zokemon
02-11-2008, 11:57 PM
One person per car isn't a roller coaster. Not any I've seen at least.

Ahh, this is true.

Tigairius
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
First say abracadabra and then jump around in circles.

cbk1994
02-12-2008, 04:57 AM
First say abracadabra and then jump around in circles.

Unfortunately Graal has no jumping function built-in :(