PDA

View Full Version : Scripting ,speed changes, color changes and sword level changes

Toxen
01-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Can someone help me learn how to change the color of the player through a script that everyone sees or a gani ,and how to set the players speed higher, and last but not least how to change the sword level and how to make the npc to unequip after 30 second and then not to be able to use after 1 minute again. :p
-Thanks,
Toxen!

Knightmare1
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
1) what do you mean?
2) to make the players speed higher, you would need to create a movement system.
3) i dont know how to change the sword level.
4) try this:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated()
{
}
function onWeaponFired()
{
setTimer( 1 );
this.active = !this.active
}
function onTimeOut()
{
//do functions that you do
sleep( 30 );
this.active = !this.active
sleep( 60 );
setTimer( 1 );
}

Toxen
01-21-2008, 04:25 AM
For the color thing, I mean setting the whole players tailor all black, I was told their is a way to script it using player.alpha but supposdly that only shows to the player with the npc, I need it to show to everyone like then someone said you can do it using a gani, Im asking about that, and then the speed thing, Im not sure how to do it but I need the npc to also make them .5 faster then the current movement system :O!

TSAdmin
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM
I'm not following 100 percent what you're getting at, but I think I know what you mean about the colours thing. Coat, Skin, Sleeves, Shoes and Belt? You wouldn't need a gani for that, just use player.colors[]

eg:
function onPlayerTouchsMe() {
//Skin
player.colors[0] = "black";
//Shoes
player.colors[1] = "black";
//Sleeves
player.colors[2] = "black";
//Coat
player.colors[3] = "black";
//Belt
player.colors[4] = "black";
}

As for player.alpha, that's visibility, to put it simply. If it's set to 1, you're solidly visible, but as you get lower and closer to 0, you visibly fade. It has to be used clientside, which is where a gani comes up. Everyone downloads ganis, so if someone had their current animation set to the gani using an alpha script, everyone will see the alpha set on the person using it. That'd come under Gani Scripting.

Angel_Light
01-21-2008, 05:17 AM
player.swordpower++;

that's how you raise the sword level I believe.

Toxen
01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Uhm, For the color thing, their is away to make any graphic that you have on u at the time a certain tint or color, like even ur hat all black...
And thanks Angel_light

cbk1994
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Uhm, For the color thing, their is away to make any graphic that you have on u at the time a certain tint or color, like even ur hat all black...
And thanks Angel_light

Use a gani to set player.red, player.blue, and player.green.