PDA

View Full Version : Forest's rise to power?

OasaTor_PK
01-04-2008, 05:36 AM
It appears an unknown stranger began to knock on my house door. I dimmed the lights and creaked open the door, expecting an ambush from foreign enemies. But I was surprised to see a crisped, piece of paper nailed to my door. It's from the pirates I pirates I noticed.

It read;

"You, Vrael de Loxeus rally your finest mates we do wish to put your kingdom to the test. From land to sea, we wish to see your proclaimed "power." At 23:00 server time on SATURDAY the 5TH of JANUARY we want to meet you on the seas. If you pass our sea test our finest would love to have a land battle with yours. We recommend everyone from both sides NOT be carrying any valuables due to the violence that may take place."

I now am here informing you, the people of Forest to gather your cannon balls, repair your ships and prepare for a fun day of battle on the seas and land with the pirates! I also believe they just want so help us prepare in the demolition of Samurai, am I right?

Yes, I do believe Draxx has some prizes available, so don't even ask.

EVENT INFORMATION:
DATE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 5th 2007
TIME: 23:00 SERVERTIME.
TYPE: Boat battle, along with the possibility of a land role playing/pking battle.

ViperZakuto
01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
damn I have to be at work sat at 23:00 servertime. =( I will log on and make a bunch of cannonballs and cannonball bags if you guys want me too =D

Vimerge
01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Arrr! Ye Tree Huggin' Hippies are going down!

ViperZakuto
01-05-2008, 08:31 AM
your a sword huggin hippie =O

xAzerothx
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
You make the event sound real fun.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
your a sword huggin hippie =O

His a sword huggin hippie?
Your a sword huggin hippie
Her a sword huggin hippie
My a sword huggin hippie
Our a sword huggin hippie
Their a sword huggin hippie

Any other possessive words I can use?

Pimmeh
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
You make the event sound real fun.

Like, that is impossible? haha.
It sounds cool :) Activity to GK!!!!

OasaTor_PK
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Looking forward to this.

Everyone from forest be ready with cannonballs and a ship.

OasaTor_PK
01-06-2008, 01:01 AM
After a quite buggy boat battle, both side has casualties with me taking 3 or 4 lives out on the water before I was indeed slain.

Perhaps NEXT time we will have a few more Forest members show up, along with a king.

Gothika
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
After a quite buggy boat battle, both side has casualties with me taking 3 or 4 lives out on the water before I was indeed slain.

Perhaps NEXT time we will have a few more Forest members show up, along with a king.

It's a pitty this battle couldn't go on further. I understand it wasn't your fault. You tried to get your members organised and they didn't listen.
I respect you for trying so hard and bringing a force to meet with us atleast.
Thank you Oasa.

ViperZakuto
01-06-2008, 09:23 AM
next time please schesule it just a few hours earlier. bothe me and raven were on before this battle happened. We both had to work. i think around 20:00 ervertime would have been perfect. I definately would have participated if i didn't have to work. I made 550 cannonballs and 4 cannonball bags. I supplied my army, with the short amount of time i had. I just wish I could have been there =*(

Gothika
01-06-2008, 01:13 PM
23:00 server time was the time agreed upon by Draxx and Felix. Even then, the event start 30 minutes late since most Forest members were still in bombtrade or spawning at the shop.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I made 550 cannonballs

For a whole army?!
That's how much i carry for my own ship!

Gothika
01-07-2008, 01:02 AM
For a whole army?!

Forestians are not that savvy on whats good, and whats not when I comes to battle at sea.

Stephen
01-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Forestians are not that savvy on whats good, and whats not when I comes to battle at sea.
Foresters?

Felix_Xenophobe
01-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Foresters?

Forsts.

kia345
01-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Forsts.

Fairies and Elves.

ViperZakuto
01-07-2008, 05:31 AM
For a whole army?!

no...thats just how much i made in the 1 hour i had before i went to work =(

Fairies and Elves.

there are a lot of different creatures that live in the forest =O

Gothika
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
no...thats just how much i made in the 1 hour i had before i went to work =(

I've always got atleast 2 cannons full of cannonballs in my house. Which is about 4000-5000.

Yeah, like Wood Nymphs, Dryads ect.

Felix_Xenophobe
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM

The moose

Pimmeh
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Forests are just a bunch of hippies :o
The creatures that live there too arn't playable, are they?

OasaTor_PK
01-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Forest's rise to power?

More like Forests fall to the ground. I will have my revenge, who ever dares removing me and my family members from forest shall have a chance to reconsider. Giving us no reason? Even after I have made CONSIDERABLE strides in turning the kingdom around, and possibly bringing enjoyment back to GK.

Grow up and consider this; Change is good. Leaving Kingdoms as a "Lets all be buddy buddy kingdom" bs is really stupid.

kia345
01-08-2008, 02:03 AM
You're right, buddy-buddy nations are stupid.

brb, war on Canada.

ViperZakuto
01-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Next time, plan the event about a week ahead of time. People will have time to prepare, and discuss a good time. If the event was exactly 3 hours earlier. Raven Zakuto and I would have been there. We just had to work at exactly the time the event was scheduled to start.

I agree there should be enemies between kingdoms. I think all kingdom leaders that want to RP should come together and have a conference and discuss who wants to be friends and who wants to be enemies. I assume most of you are old enough and have enough common sense to reach an agreement. Thats what joining a kingdom is all about. lots of newer players come on this server from classic rp servers, and want to roleplay. They usually just go unnoticed.

Anyone caught laming on tag at all (or off tag if it is too extreme,) should be warned once or twice, and then if the continue to act up in a short period. Should be removed from the kingdom. If you have a person who is good most of the time, but he gets one warning about once a month. That's not too bad. Unless it gets too persistant.

Leaders that don't rp should reach out to people that are very good at rping and appoint them leader of rp training. Hell, the leaders might learn a thing or two from the trainer. Thats what joining a kingdom is all about.We need a person that can set a guideline when we hold rp events... and make sure people know how to roleplay and know what the guidelines are. lots of newer players come on this server from classic rp servers, and want to roleplay. They go unnoticed.

cyan3
01-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Anyone caught laming on tag at all (or off tag if it is too extreme,) should be warned once or twice, and then if the continue to act up in a short period. Should be removed from the kingdom. If you have a person who is good most of the time, but he gets one warning about once a month. That's not too bad. Unless it gets too persistant.

Kingdom members should not PK on tag unless requested by a leader for rp reasons or the person your fighting agrees to it.

DraxxTeazok
01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
i told everyone why i started the battle, i wanted some action, some adventure, some drama. a little feuding gives us something to do.
What came of it was Oasa and Plasma starting stuff with everyone, using very inappropriate language, and then laying mass stacks of lightning walls around bomboria to kill everyone in sight so you could steal their goods and then leave me to deal with their devistation.
Now you want to talk about how you have been wronged? come back to reality for a minute and listen to yourself.
thats not battle, thats not war, thats not fun, thats called LAMING. unacceptable, especially in forest.
Then i am told by several people about how you guys have tried several times to use the skill dragging trick to try and rob people on the trade tables........again.
How in the hell did you actually come to the conclusion that this would be unnoticed or better yet acceptable?
We are good people in forest, we dont treat other that way, YOU are not good people, you never have been, chances are you never will be.
Go somewhere else.

and thanks for all the huge strides you took to help the kingdom, by bringing everyone else down, but no thx.

REW_darklink200
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Only thing I can say is how about a little more positive attitude? All I ever see really is negativity. War is fine, but there's no reason to overdo it. ((Had to put my two cents in even if it didn't make sense. xD))

Gothika
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I've noticed the people who want a war are not kingdom leaders themselves.
So if they lose, it makes no difference to them. Kingdom leaders would rather keep the kingdom in their hands instead of going to war over nothing and losing the kingdom just because a few memebers are bored.

ViperZakuto
01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
So if they lose, it makes no difference to them. Kingdom leaders would rather keep the kingdom in their hands instead of going to war over nothing and losing the kingdom just because a few memebers are bored.

it's not actually possible to lose a kingdom over rp war anyways...

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM

I want a war.
And you know damn well if anyone cares about the kingdom they're in, it's me.

Don't let a few idiots ruin the idea of war.
Draxx is right, a war would be a good thing.
It stimulates kingdom activity over a long-period because a war takes a long time- it's not just a single battle on one day.

And don't fall for the misconception that a kingdom leader has to lose leadership simply because of losing this war that was intended for fun. Let's be fair- set all "power-hungry" arguments aside- NO ONE wants to cut their reign as leader short. There are other ways. If Forest goes to war with Pirates, and Pirates lose- Draxx can make Felix agree to a treaty in which Pirates have to aide Forest whenever they want/need, allow Forest in Pirate territory... Pirates could have similar terms upon winning, or maybe just leave Forest open to fair-game piracy. :)

The war itself could consist of a boat battle one week. A land battle another weak. Preparations the week before each battle. That's already a month-long worth of stuff.

There's a lot more I could say... If you REALLY can't figure it out, just ask ;)

Gothika
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
it's not actually possible to lose a kingdom over rp war anyways...

Show's what you know. Thats the only type of war where you do lose your kingdom. :noob:

Tigairius
01-08-2008, 10:01 PM
kingdom

bored.

Two words... "kingdom levels"

A leveling system, all based on kingdom experience. A new member is added > More experience, a member leaves or is removed > looses experience.

It should cost experience to pillory people.
It should gain a fraction of a percent of experience when someone in the kingdom kills someone else, or more of the person killed was an enemy kingdom.

There should be a defining way to show which kingdom is actually the best.

ViperZakuto
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Show's what you know. Thats the only type of war where you do lose your kingdom. :noob:

shows what you know... Tell me one person wo has lost a kingdom due to rp war? there has not been one person too this date.

Bosh has already tried this method multiple times... and has failed everytime.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
shows what you know... Tell me one person wo has lost a kingdom due to rp war? there has not been one person too this date.

Bosh has already tried this method multiple times... and has failed everytime.

Didn't it happen on G2k1?

But still... GK DOES need to have a lot more wars. And I don't mean a simple one-day boat-to-land battle that was planned for this Forest vs. CP event. Hell, Forest and CP didn't even set eachother to "enemies" on the GUI. We need see all kingdoms using that system to set allies and enemies, and have on-going wars.
There can't be an excuse of kingdom leaders being afraid to lose power. They dont have to lose their role as leader. Like I said, there's more you can gain out of a war than just replacing a leader. Change-of-king is not the only reason to start a war...
War = activity
Peace = no activity
It's all about fun. Right now GK is mostly about leveling and trading items. What's the point of kingdoms leveling and getting good items if the PvP system wont even be used for wars?

ViperZakuto
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
thats why kningdom leaders that want to have activity between kindsoms should come together and decide who will be enemies and such. this is for activity and rp purposes. Any kingdom that doesn't participate will eventually get overthrown.

Gothika
01-09-2008, 12:38 AM
shows what you know... Tell me one person wo has lost a kingdom due to rp war?

Eh.. Googi did, Klay too. Whoever was the leader of Bel'la Olplyn too I think.
(I know there's a lot of theories about staff having something to do with Googi being over thrown. But the war was still RP based.)

A leveling system, all based on kingdom experience. A new member is added > More experience, a member leaves or is removed > looses experience.

It should gain a fraction of a percent of experience when someone in the kingdom kills someone else, or more of the person killed was an enemy kingdom.

Good Idea. But what would the kingdom gain from it apart from a number. Will the levels mean anything. Like can the kingdom use the exp to buy buffs for their kingdom. Like use so much exp to buy a buff that = 10% more exp for the members of that kingdom for a few days.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-09-2008, 04:21 AM

Googi lost power of a kingdom?

There truly is no hope for Graal Kingdoms.

Anyways, you were justifying the lack of wars with a king's fear of losing power. That is terrible justification for the lack of war, which promotes lack of roleplaying and activity, which promotes lack of fun- or rather promotes the idea that Kingdoms are all about event items and PKing (or item-trading, and leveling up), or maybe just groups of friends hanging out. War is the basis of roleplaying and kingdom activity. The purpose of having separate kingdoms is NOT for world peace.

And furthermore, a good king shouldn't be forced to lose power after a war, but instead should know when it's his time to hand it over to another.

CABAL49
01-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Bel'la Olplyn

That NEVER happened.

ViperZakuto
01-09-2008, 08:53 AM
(I know there's a lot of theories about staff having something to do with Googi being over thrown. But the war was still RP based.)

These people did not lose there kingdoms because of rp wars... they lost it because the other kingdom leaders decided that they were unfit for the job. talked too staff about there non-ability to run the kingdom.

leaders getting booted, seems to happen in time of war. the leaders, that were kicked out, were not taking control over the members in the war. laming and such.

Trust me i know. I practically lived between draxx's and my house. He has been one of my best friends, IRL, for almost 12 years now. So anything he knows i pretty much do too... except for the past few months.

when Wren(Zormite), Zoe(Dustari), MarkB(CP), and Chris(Forest, which was inactive at the time) were all leaders. Zormite and Dustari were really close friends with staff. So they decided that Nayoko(Samurai) was unfit for leader. Other kingdoms may have said that too. Zormite and Dustari called a war against nayoko. even if Nayoko would have won... she would have been kicked. it appeared that she lost the kingdom from the war, but thats not how it was.

**Edit**

what about counting kills and deaths in kmode. that would be nice to have

when someone dies they should be placed in pmode, on that island, until the mode is switched off. there is "no" way anybody could heal from almost death in the short amount of time the battle is happening.

Gothika
01-09-2008, 10:45 AM
And furthermore, a good king shouldn't be forced to lose power after a war, but instead should know when it's his time to hand it over to another.

Most the current kingdom leaders (Apart from Draxx) have only been kingdom for a few months. It's isn't their time yet. I'd say a decent reign over the kingdom would be 1-2 years.

jonnyrocks2
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
That NEVER happened.

Totally didn't. :\

Ziro_of_the_Turks
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Most the current kingdom leaders (Apart from Draxx) have only been kingdom for a few months. It's isn't their time yet. I'd say a decent reign over the kingdom would be 1-2 years.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to be removed- I was just making a point.

Also, I somewhat disagree with your time-range; I think a person can definitly lead for less than a year and still call it a good reign. And 1.5-2years is definitly too long. Better were the times when leaders had shorter reigns...

Gothika
01-12-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm not saying that anyone needs to be removed- I was just making a point.

Also, I somewhat disagree with your time-range; I think a person can definitly lead for less than a year and still call it a good reign. And 1.5-2years is definitly too long. Better were the times when leaders had shorter reigns...

The reason I've said 1-2 years is because I've seen leaders last that long. I'd hate to see anyone cut short when others have had double thier time.