PDA

View Full Version : Player effects

DustyPorViva
12-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I've been taught how to globally show player effects(zoom, alpha, rotation, etc...) via gani scripts. This was great... although a bit complicated. Not to mention it seemed buggy. Sometimes it wouldn't set the right values correctly, sometimes it didn't update... it just was a hassle. So after someone came to me for some help with the subject I came up with a script:

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
enabledefmovement();
if ((client.red+client.green+client.blue+client.alpha +client.rotation+client.zoom+client.stretchx+clien t.stretchy)==null) {
client.red=1;
client.green=1;
client.blue=1;
client.alpha=1;
client.rotation=0;
client.zoom=1;
client.stretchx=1;
client.stretchy=1;
}
onTimeout();
}

function onTimeout() {
temp.effects={"red","green","blue","alpha","rotation","zoom","stretchx","stretchy"};
player.attr[29]=client.red+1 SPC client.green+1 SPC client.blue+1 SPC client.alpha+1 SPC client.rotation+1 SPC client.zoom+1 SPC client.stretchx+1 SPC client.stretchy+1;
for (i=0;i<temp.effects.size();i++) {
player.attr[29][i]=client.(@ temp.effects[i]);
for (pl:players) {
pl.(@ temp.effects[i])=pl.attr[29].tokenize()[i]-1;
}
player.(@ temp.effects[i])=player.attr[29][i];
}
setTimer(0.05);
}

How does it work? Well instead of relying on a gani script, it simply goes through the player's client.effectvars, shoves them into an attr and then applies every players effects in a loop. The only thing you need to change is the clients appropriate client.string(and make sure every player has the weapon... or else they won't see any players effects):

client.red : 0-1 : changes the players red value
client.green : 0-1 : changes the players green value
client.blue : 0-1 : changes the players blue value
client.alpha : 0-1 : changes the players alpha value(transparency)
client.rotation : 0-pi*2(~6.28) : changes the players rotation
client.zoom : >0 : changes the players zoom(size)
client.stretchx : >0 : changes the players horizontal stretch
client.stretchy : >0 : changes the players vertical stretch

There is no need to touch the script at all... the only known problems I have seen so far is that if effects are set, players bodies are invisible until they move... but that's a problem with Graal and setting these effects in any way.

cbk1994
12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Simple but effective! Nice. I would still use gani scripts though. This could be kinda laggy

DustyPorViva
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I suspected as much when I made it, depending on how many players there are... but I haven't been able to test that.

bscharff
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Very nice!
I'll sure be using this!

EDIT:
OK, I uploaded it onto Utopia.
It worked great.
One problem though; it made everyone invisible to themselves.
I foodled with it for about 15 minutes then gave up.
I suspect that the "for (i=0;i<temp.effects.size();i++) {" was doing it, although I have no clue :P

Nonetheless; it's a great script and it inspired me to make my own.