PDA

View Full Version : Observor Mode

napo_p2p
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
It would be nice if there is some kind of event that will be called right before a player goes into observer mode (and all code in that event block gets executed before the player actually goes into observer mode).

Something like:
function onObserverMode() {
//This code gets executed right before player enters observer mode
}

cbk1994
12-10-2007, 01:24 AM
It would be nice if there is some kind of event that will be called right before a player goes into observer mode (and all code in that event block gets executed before the player actually goes into observer mode).

Something like:
function onObserverMode() {
//This code gets executed right before player enters observer mode
}

I would rather that the player is, in theory, disconnected completely from the server, yet they remain in the playerlist. This way they don't show up in scripts, etc.

It's not like going into observor mode should be any different than logging out except that you don't leave the server.

Or did you have a special reason?

TSAdmin
12-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I would prefer Observers got disconnected or something when they go into observer mode. They disrupt events. Some of them go into observer mode when they're in a doorway, and end up blocking everyone x_x

napo_p2p
12-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I would rather that the player is, in theory, disconnected completely from the server, yet they remain in the playerlist. This way they don't show up in scripts, etc.

It's not like going into observor mode should be any different than logging out except that you don't leave the server.

I guess that is alright too. I just wanted a way to control what happens when trials go into observer mode (for things like, as TSAdmin mentioned, events), but having them act 'invisible' to scripts would be alright as well.

TheJames
12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Yea i've ran across this problem with trials too. I was thinking you were going to say you were going to make a small arcade game Napo, for when trials go into observer mode haha.

Knightmare1
12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
how bout this, NO OBSERVER? or when they go in observer mode, they get to play a game!

Xterminator
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I would prefer Observers got disconnected or something when they go into observer mode. They disrupt events. Some of them go into observer mode when they're in a doorway, and end up blocking everyone x_x
Yea True..

cbk1994
12-11-2007, 01:20 AM
how bout this, NO OBSERVER? or when they go in observer mode, they get to play a game!

Which defeats the purpose.

warmaster70229
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
In my opinion, upon observer modes annoying addition, they should have also removed the limitations trials face. You know like a REAL free trial should be? of course then they should lengthen slightly the observer-mode time but still...

cbk1994
12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
I can tell you, they're losing money with observer mode. I know a lot of people who quit buying subscriptions because observer mode was nowhere near as bad as losing items, etc.

Admins
12-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Scripts: there is onPlayerLogout and onPlayerLogin when a player goes into observer mode or going back to normal mode, and you can check with pl.isobserver if the player is in observer mode.

We plan to change the observer mode limitation to a more customization-based system where you can play freely but need to pay (e.g. with SMS/Phone) for customizing your character and for entering special areas or dungeons.

k_killar
12-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Lol.

napo_p2p
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Scripts: there is onPlayerLogout and onPlayerLogin when a player goes into observer mode or going back to normal mode, and you can check with pl.isobserver if the player is in observer mode.

I can't seem to access a player when they are in observer mode.

zibou
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
1) When observer mode, Ghost and invisble the player in observer mode
2) just ****ing delete this damn Bar !