PDA

View Full Version : Ogma Bracer Stats!

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
In this thread, let's discuss and debate over Ogma bracer stats. Everyone says they're too strong.

Here's what stats I think they should have to be more balanced and hopefully please everyone:

Ogma Bracers
Strength + 1
Damage + 5
Health regen + 1
Resist_Physical 30
Resist_Cold 20

And, please, constructive criticism only. That means no "they're too strong", but instead "the stats should be..."

So let's see some suggestions.
I really want to have something to keep motivated to level up wisdom :]

Also, one other suggestion.
Instead of lowering stats, what about highering the level of the item? (it's currently medium, but setting it to high would mean you'd need a lot more grace...)
Also, if it were to be that high, roughly what level wisdom would you need to be?

Googi
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
First, you don't get grace by leveling your wisdom level (well, you do, but you don't get 300 base that way). You get it by pushing either your pow or wis stat to 30 and the other one to 29.

Anyways, those stats are good so long as it doesn't give ac+.

Mousymee
12-07-2007, 06:24 PM
They should require level 64 wisdom. :fro:

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-08-2007, 03:17 AM
First, you don't get grace by leveling your wisdom level (well, you do, but you don't get 300 base that way). You get it by pushing either your pow or wis stat to 30 and the other one to 29.

Anyways, those stats are good so long as it doesn't give ac+.

No, no ac. I based it off original stats:

"Bracers of Ogma (medium, rare)Strength +2resist_physical 30, resist_cold 20Damage +15Health_Regen +1 "

cyan3
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
No, no ac. I based it off original stats:

"Bracers of Ogma (medium, rare)Strength +2resist_physical 30, resist_cold 20Damage +15Health_Regen +1 "

If it did have ac it won't really matter you could just wear your body armour with it on to get the ac.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, apparently it's not much of a problem to have this item released (with our fixed stats)...
So what's with the 5-6 year delay?!
Let's not forget- this game WAS originally called Graal 2002, and well... here it's almost 2008, and it still doesn't have things finished that should have been!

I mean, come on! It's gloves! You don't even need an image for it. It can just be a blank spot in your inventory (not like it's hard to recycle glove icons anyways). It sounds like something that should take no more than a few minutes to fix...

BigBear3
12-08-2007, 03:26 PM

Why? ;)

MajinDragon
12-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Why? ;)

So it's restricted to only one active player, himself.

Mousymee
12-08-2007, 08:30 PM
My wisdoms only 60 :[

Tigairius
12-08-2007, 08:34 PM

It should require something more realistic, like level 25-30

Sheen_the_mage
12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
It should require something more realistic, like level 25-30

Indeed.
There is a big difference then something with a hard difficulty any player can do and an impossible difficulty for most players that only big oldies who should be kissing the asses of event masters for making them so rich due to event items..
People now days are trying to make is so that only they can get specific items >_>
If it takes 6 years to get a certain item then something is very wrong and corrupted.
I say 200 grace makes more sense than 300 since it is hard enough as it is to get medium level.
Ive been playing for 2 years now and out of experience, it isnt very easy to get more grace.
Any player should be eligible but if they have to spend 6 years of grinding then **** it because something is wrong.
Even if you do spend 6 years grinding, no EM's host events anymore so you cant get gold keys to raise your wisdom and power.

BigBear3
12-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Indeed.
There is a big difference then something with a hard difficulty any player can do and an impossible difficulty for most players that only big oldies who should be kissing the asses of event masters for making them so rich due to event items..
People now days are trying to make is so that only they can get specific items >_>
If it takes 6 years to get a certain item then something is very wrong and corrupted.
I say 200 grace makes more sense than 300 since it is hard enough as it is to get medium level.
Ive been playing for 2 years now and out of experience, it isnt very easy to get more grace.
Any player should be eligible but if they have to spend 6 years of grinding then **** it because something is wrong.
Even if you do spend 6 years grinding, no EM's host events anymore so you cant get gold keys to raise your wisdom and power.

Gold Keys are acquired from quests.

Mousymee
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Fine, fine. I think 40's pretty realistic.

Sheen_the_mage
12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I put my votes on 30.
You still gotta work hard but it feels more balanced and less stressful.
If all you do is grinding, the game is no fun.
Seriously, its hard enough to gain atleast 20 wisdom which is half of 40.
It will require more grinding to get to level 40 wisdom.
Nobody likes grinding.Especially with spells that dont have much offensive options.

BigBear3
12-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I vote that they probably won't get added. And if they do. That would be amazing.

ViperZakuto
12-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, apparently it's not much of a problem to have this item released (with our fixed stats)...
So what's with the 5-6 year delay?!
Let's not forget- this game WAS originally called Graal 2002, and well... here it's almost 2008, and it still doesn't have things finished that should have been!

I mean, come on! It's gloves! You don't even need an image for it. It can just be a blank spot in your inventory (not like it's hard to recycle glove icons anyways). It sounds like something that should take no more than a few minutes to fix...

bracers not gloves lol. Those stats are balanced a lot better. I think 30 wis is a great spot for these bracers. 40 seems a bit too high.

BigBear3
12-08-2007, 10:31 PM
bracers not gloves lol. Those stats are balanced a lot better. I think 30 wis is a great spot for these gloves. 40 seems a bit too high.

Let's make it like everything else and have it require grace?

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
bracers not gloves lol. Those stats are balanced a lot better. I think 30 wis is a great spot for these gloves. 40 seems a bit too high.

ooops
sorry
yes,i meant bracers
i was falling asleep while typing that :]

ViperZakuto
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Let's make it like everything else and have it require grace?

either way is fine for me.

Mousymee
12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
As long as it's a high level relic

ViperZakuto
12-10-2007, 03:41 AM
yeah make it high level, cause it's not too hard to get medium.

BigBear3
12-10-2007, 03:44 AM
600/300 grace.

ViperZakuto
12-10-2007, 03:54 AM
yes

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-10-2007, 03:56 AM
yeah make it high level, cause it's not too hard to get medium.

are you saying make it high level relic AND lower the stats?

why not keep medium level and lower stats?

or keep old stats, ans make it a high level relic?

ViperZakuto
12-10-2007, 04:00 AM
the old stats are too powerful, there is no consequence in swithing to ogma for them. At least with Bridgid there is a consequence for nice items. The stats you gave would be nice for high level. It is very possible to get if you work hard for a couple weeks- a couple months.

MajinDragon
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Indeed.

Why should they be kissing their asses? They were there at the time of the event and either won, or bought it while it was fairly cheap...
Because if everyone has access to an item that can be considered good, it'll lead to newer and rarer items which are stronger to balance things out...
No one takes 6 years to gain an item... If you do, you're completely sad...
I'd actually bote for 500grace since it's just below the req for a high level godly item/prayer and not an impossible task of you have the right items - prepped mag.
You suck thats why you find it hard... :noob:
No one spends 6 years grinding... Again, if you do, you're completely sad...
So go questing? Nooblet...:noob:

I put my votes on 30.
You still gotta work hard but it feels more balanced and less stressful.
If all you do is grinding, the game is no fun.
Seriously, its hard enough to gain atleast 20 wisdom which is half of 40.
It will require more grinding to get to level 40 wisdom.
Nobody likes grinding.Especially with spells that dont have much offensive options.

Or do you vote for 30 because you're too god damn lazy to work for anything? :noob:
20 is half of 40 but the experience needed for level 40 is far above double of 20's experience req.
No duh, 40 is higher than 20 or 30, thank you for informing us :noob::noob:
let me reword that for you. Nobody likes putting the effort in. Especially when they have nothing to do later :noob:

Mousymee
12-11-2007, 12:15 AM
faced

Sheen_the_mage
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Theres is a difference from effort and pointless boring hours of grinding.
GK was supostue be grind-free.

You dont care because you already met the requirements.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I dream of Ogma Bracers.

cyan3
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM

He met the requirements from pointless boring hours of grinding.

ViperZakuto
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM

if there was something to soot for... it wouldn't be pointless...

Gothika
12-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Those Stats work. Although it still makes it a high power item. With +5 after its EAd, that will boost up to 18 and including the +1 Str it will still be over powered. But lowing some stats will balance it out. Maybe put -dex or con on it.

ViperZakuto
12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
good idea -2 con =O

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
good idea -2 con =O

I think -2 con is fair as well :O

Are we getting anywhere with this?

Gothika
12-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I think -2 con is fair as well :O

Are we getting anywhere with this?

Yes, I think we can rest easy with those stats.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes, I think we can rest easy with those stats.

That's what I thought the first time, when I started the poll :[
Oh well... I won't let this rest. It'll be a long struggle to get the Ogma Bracer's up.

And I'm sick of everyone saying "no" in the thread rather than trying to help. Like I said before, if the bracers had very weak stats like "speed+1" only, there'd obviously be no argumet to release them. So "don't release them at all" is just plain stupid.

Bjorn at least had an understandable reason for not releasing them which was something along the lines of "if the stats are lowered, everyone will complain. you cant make everyone happy".
And he's right, you can't make everyone happy. So we need to find the best fair area to release them. I think the most imporant thing is for Bjorn to agree on the stats, or he'll never allow them to be released.

Gothika
12-29-2007, 02:07 AM
If it was the relic of their God they would not be complaining.

Anyway, with the new stats (along with the -2 con) I don't see how anyone can argue. It's balanced out pretty well now and it's a major improvment on the orignal bracers.

BigBear3
12-29-2007, 02:14 AM
-2 Con is alright. Did somebody actually say these would be released if everyone came to an agreement or something? If not. I don't care.

OasaTor_PK
12-29-2007, 06:36 AM
You may have the stats, but finding a willing staff member who has the self motivation to do such a minor change is far-beyond findable with our current development team.

Ziro_of_the_Turks
12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
You may have the stats, but finding a willing staff member who has the self motivation to do such a minor change is far-beyond findable with our current development team.

That's why we have to take it one step at a time.
Bjorn's stated concern was that noone will be happy.

If we can't agree on stats among ourselves, there's no point in even asking him to get this done.

If we can show him that we've debated, discussed, and concluded, as active players who know what's fair in the game, on some acceptable stats, then maybe he'll consider getting this done.

Also, there's nowhere near a guarantee that even if he does put Ogma bracers up, he'll use the stats we say. He'll change them however he wants if he doesn't think those stats are appropriate.