PDA

View Full Version : "Show Log" box + glitched focus

WarriorCam
12-06-2007, 02:02 AM
On Val, apparently most people (including myself) are having some sort of glitched focus causing their character to be near the corner of the screen and a blue box that says "Show Log" is present in the upper left corner of the screen. For those using a lower resolution, this focus glitch basically makes the game impossible to play; for everyone else it's a pain in the butt. Some people seem to think it was Hell Raven's doing since it apparently started happening after he logged on RC last night, I doubt that though.

oo_jazz_oo
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
That happened when I logged on today...
I dont think is val, cause it was on the login screen, server list..when I tried to log into a server, it lagged like crazy and the focus was off. -.-
Someone, just please fix it. I just wanna play graal. xD

Horrified
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Screenshot to help people out:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii91/Horrification_Graal/graal_1196899056.png

I seem to get this on every server as well. The terrible lag, and "oversized" screen makes the game impossible.

WarriorCam
12-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Apparently reinstalling the client will fix the problem, but that is not a fix.

Scratch that, just got a report that it in fact does NOT fix the problem

napo_p2p
12-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Looks like a rouge script coming from the login server...

Switch
12-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Login server... The one that you actually get on the account he means. Email adress, pass, etc. Not the serverlist login screen. It happens a couple mili/seconds after starting up Graal. My guess is right after you go online. Thus the script, like Napo thinks, gets to your computer and messes it all up.

Crono
12-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Happening to me too, everywhere.

Horrified
12-06-2007, 02:31 AM
Could be some kind of anti-Graal thing perhaps? Seems to crazy to be some little script error

Switch
12-06-2007, 02:32 AM
I don't think a hacker can get into the weapons database and screw something up or add it to do that.

cyan3
12-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Could be some kind of anti-Graal thing perhaps? Seems to crazy to be some little script error

I don't think it's an anti-grral attack, also Stafen has been on the login server almost all day so that could back up Napo's idea.

Switch
12-06-2007, 02:36 AM
No not all day, I was on from 3-4PM and I jsut got back at 7PM and it only started when I got back.

Ibonic
12-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Stefan was doing something with the serverlist (and other things) earlier on Login, so it's most likely related and I'm sure he'll fix it once he finds out.

CremisiSteam
12-06-2007, 03:24 AM
its sorta annoying XD but the only things I have trouble with is sometimes I just cant seem to be able to send messages or move but that only happened when I clicked on the stupid showlog box XD

Knightmare1
12-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Please Fix This! All The Guis Are Different And I Cant See Anything!!!

King_Koopa
12-06-2007, 03:52 AM
I was wondering what this was...I just started graal and I thought it finally just blew up. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Twinny
12-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Rather interesting....guessing he either
a.) Didn't lock it to his two accounts or
b.) Didn't think the weapon would be added to everyone
c.) Forgot

I'm learning towards a.)

ViperZakuto
12-06-2007, 04:32 AM
I thought it was my gfx card outdated or somethin lol

Xterminator
12-06-2007, 04:35 AM
Yea Same with me...cant seem to play Graal with it

Tigairius
12-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Rather interesting....guessing he either
a.) Didn't lock it to his two accounts or
b.) Didn't think the weapon would be added to everyone
c.) Forgot

I'm learning towards a.)

That's what I figured too.

Edit:
You can fix the problem on your server with this script, good luck! :)

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
temp.old = {screenwidth, screenheight};
ShopGlobal_CardFrames.destroy();
GraalControl.extent = temp.old;
}

For those of you players who do not have access to NPC-Control, if you log on Ol' West real quick it will fix it for you and you can go back to the other server you were playing.

Jeffyy
12-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey... I think this Glitch is my fault.

Let me explain:

On the forum people where changing talking about changing there Gui interface for Graal (Or the little blue bar below). Then i was like whoa thats awesome so i went to the site www.wincustomize.com and I downloaded a green skin. (I'm not sure if its only this skin or if its all of them, or if i didn't follow a direction). So then I took the skin, like I was suppose to and placed it into the graal/levels/guistyles folder. The next thing I know is that the show box thing is up in the corner and my view is adjusted. Then I went on to server's RC and I was like, Ya i just screwed up my graal and everyone on there said that there graal was screwed up too. Now a couple hours later the game fixed itself and if to make sure if it was me or not i tryed it again, and to no surprise it screwed the graal client along with the graal server.

Sorry everyone,
Jeff

(Im going to sleep now if you need me possibly any server admin whos wondering about how they can fix this glitch/problem private message ME Via Graal Forums and ill respond as soon as possible.)

Tigairius
12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey... I think this Glitch is my fault.

Let me explain:

That's a client problem man, you didn't break it, don't worry about it ^^

Jeffyy
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Kinda makes me wonder about the security of graal... If someone put a virus into that folder... Lmao?

Tigairius
12-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Kinda makes me wonder about the security of graal... If someone put a virus into that folder... Lmao?

The security isn't at stake :cool: The fact that you put that theme in your folder at the same time this happened was pure coincidence.

Jeffyy
12-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Alright restart your graal.

Tigairius
12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
You should use attachments for large images.

Jeffyy
12-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry, Well I'm off to bed. Night

BigBear3
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
if you log on Ol' West real quick it will fix it for you and you can go back to the other server you were playing.

Thanks, Tig.

Admins
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Weird error, should be fine now. There are new GUI controls for the shop window which should not be visible to everyone yet.

Crono
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
For those of you players who do not have access to NPC-Control, if you log on Ol' West real quick it will fix it for you and you can go back to the other server you were playing.

Thanks man. :pluffy:

Switch
12-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I KNEW Stefan had something to do with this, lol.
Thanks for fixing :D