PDA

View Full Version : I support the Graal Classic revival!

Darklux
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I Support the Graal Classic revival!

I support the Graal Classic revival:

This means:
- Reverting changes which made Graal Classic rather to a free g2k1 after 2001, so revert these, using of old Tiles, old Designs, old Quests, and Items similar to the old ones in 2000/2001 and the level packs
- Active staff made up by people, who know, what made Graal Classic cool back then

Show your support to the Graal Classic revival using this banner :O

- Lux

Galdor
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
New classic sucks they dont even have the secret forest where you could get elven blast :P

DustyPorViva
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
It wouldn't be that bad if they actually communicated with the players to find out what they want to happen. :( I'm thinking of joining staff just to try to get it going in the right direction again.

Crono
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
UN is the new Classic btw.

Lyndzey
12-05-2007, 08:52 PM

SHUP!

I think they need to focus on development instead of rescripting the movement system for the billionth time. It just needs some entertaining things to do since the quests only take 2 hours total (ex: bowling, PIZZA SHOP)

Horrified
12-05-2007, 10:02 PM

Which makes Era the new UN

MysticX2X
12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Seriously needs more content like before and better more active staff admins if you know what i mean.

Crono
12-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Which makes Era the new UN

Uh, no.

Twinny
12-08-2007, 02:14 PM
SHUP!

I think they need to focus on development instead of rescripting the movement system for the billionth time.

Ilu now <3
For all the hype, i still don't know who you are :x

-Ching
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
SHUP!

I think they need to focus on development instead of rescripting the movement system for the billionth time. It just needs some entertaining things to do since the quests only take 2 hours total (ex: bowling, PIZZA SHOP)

tru

how is the person that keeps rescriptin the movement system even going to get it right when they barely use the system itself. it was fine how it was like a year ago.

Crono
12-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Meh I'm just gonna take this post apart for fun...

- Reverting changes which made Graal Classic rather to a free g2k1 after 2001

Huh? Classic is nothing like a free g2k1...

using of old Tiles

They did that for some tiles.

old Designs

How will this help Classic?

old Quests

How about quests in general?

and Items similar to the old ones in 2000/2001

No clue what the hell they're doing now.

and the level packs

You want to slap the 20-30 active players onto a giant overworld, go ahead. It won't make a difference.

- Active staff made up by people, who know, what made Graal Classic cool back then

Classic was only cool because it had an official status and players.

Tom
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I never got to play the old old classic, but i saw a friend play it when i was younger, i remember seeing loads of cool items in his inventory.

But why has no one uploaded the original stuff?

Darlene159
12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Classic was only cool because it had an official status and players.That's it in a nut shell. Classic will never be what it was, even with all the old content.

Lyndzey
12-08-2007, 07:57 PM
it was fine how it was like a year ago.

More like four years ago. I honestly cannot even tell the difference between the 8058930 movement systems that we have had :(

We know that Classic will never be what it used to be. But it can still be way better than it is now if things were actually being developed and uploaded.

Crono
12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
We know that Classic will never be what it used to be. But it can still be way better than it is now if things were actually being developed and uploaded.

Yeah of course, I'm just saying that Classic isn't really dead because they updated it here and there.

Darlene159
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
We know that Classic will never be what it used to be. But it can still be way better than it is now if things were actually being developed and uploaded.I agree, but some people think that if the old classic were brought back, that all would be well, and it won't be.
The same with any playerworld, it has to be updated, and there has to be plenty to do besides just PK.
Personally, I am happy if I can just mass pk all the time, lol....but not everyone is like that.

Polo
12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
More like four years ago. I honestly cannot even tell the difference between the 8058930 movement systems that we have had :(It's not surprising that you can't tell the difference, as we've only had 2 since NPC server went up: One which I wrote in 6 days and was very rushed as a result, and the current one.

Thing's are being developed, but not nearly at the rate they need to be. I agree that the old content is not the solution, despite what many people think, but I certainly don't think that we are currently in a better position. :frown:

DustyPorViva
12-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't want old Classic, but if they're going to have a server named Classic that's supposed to be Classic... why should it be anything other than Classic?
Before new things are developed they should restore it to what it was then add new stuff. Hell, most of the overworld isn't even there.

Lyndzey
12-09-2007, 02:06 AM
It's not surprising that you can't tell the difference, as we've only had 2 since NPC server went up: One which I wrote in 6 days and was very rushed as a result, and the current one.

Ah, I guess the constant talk about movement systems made it seem like many more were being made. I also heard that it is being rescripted yet again, which really shouldn't be the top priority right now given the lack of activities to do on Classic.

Development needs to be the focus of the staff right now. Just release something for the players to do so we don't resort to just sparring/PKing/chatting. Worry about development now, and perfection later.

Laek2007
12-09-2007, 02:48 PM
With a player count of 20 players max. I'd say Classic is dead. It'll never recover to what it was.