PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy Animated Tiles

smirt362
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
The animated tiles in the new style of tileset don't seem to work correctly. I have these waterfall tiles that I added to our tileset. In some places they act like they are supposed to, but in others they don't seem to work and randomly the ones that don't work will work and ones that did work don't.

DustyPorViva
11-29-2007, 12:25 AM
They act the way they're supposed to, they work like the animated flowers do. They change the tiles at intervals, but the intervals for each tile are different(I believe it starts at the top right, and works its way in a left-to-right reading direction), so the animation for all the tiles isn't going to be fluid. The animation for those tiles is much like a domino-effect. IE, the first tile in the level will start animating, then the next, then the next, and so on.

smirt362
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
They act the way they're supposed to, they work like the animated flowers do. They change the tiles at intervals, but the intervals for each tile are different(I believe it starts at the top right, and works its way in a left-to-right reading direction), so the animation for all the tiles isn't going to be fluid. The animation for those tiles is much like a domino-effect. IE, the first tile in the level will start animating, then the next, then the next, and so on.

Ahhh...I see. So I should animate it with an image instead then.

DustyPorViva
11-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Well, you can duplicate the effect using a script that animates the tiles... or if it's just going to be some waterfalls, doing it the old classic way of an animated GIF would probably be best.