PDA

View Full Version : 'In-game reputation and global hours'

Knight
10-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I think it would be great if there would be some sort of in-game reputation system. Maybe allowing P2P's to give players ratings once per day? Your reputation would be global of course. Players should also be able to view your ban or jailing history to a certain extent that would allow them to know if it is safe to trust or do a trade with the person; this could be set by GPs, but only GPs that are staff on the servers for the Gold / Classic tabs. It would also be nice if there was an option to view a players hours for all of graal servers added up. I am pretty sure if this was implemented then many more players would be happy, and it would also just make it a lot easier on all of us.

Thanks for your time,
Knight

Twinny
10-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Viewing global jailing information? That would be crazy....imagine the amount of crap that would be added on UC worlds :x . The rc ban history is already diluted by stupid bans off uc worlds. Playerworlds like Rudora already have a in-house reputation system... a local reputation system is more feasible.

Knight
10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Well I meant information for Classic hosted servers and Gold hosted servers.

Horrified
10-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Viewing global jailing information? That would be crazy....imagine the amount of crap that would be added on UC worlds :x . The rc ban history is already diluted by stupid bans off uc worlds. Playerworlds like Rudora already have a in-house reputation system... a local reputation system is more feasible.

o_O;;

Horrification has a rep system being done too. not like that though :P

But yeah, it's not gonna be good to have global rep, they're practically all different games in each server. But global hours would be cool, probably bump up the playercount on server though from everyone logging on every single server so they can gain 123 seconds each second.

TSAdmin
10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I dunno... It seems like space in the profile that we could do without. It doesn't really serve a purpose, as a whole. Not even the server specific online time helps someone determine how much time a player has actually actively participated in learning the in's and out's of the server. I have over 3k hours on Era, but most of it was gained either working and leaving the client running, or just leaving the computer and not coming back for some reason, and gaining that extra 10 or so minutes before idling out.

If a global timer were made, maybe it'd serve better purpose on the profile's website, with expandable details that drop down from the total hours to show individual playerworld/server times.

EG:

Profile of TSAdmin (at http://graalonline.com/members/viewprofile?full=0&nick=TSAdmin)

+Total hours: XXXXhr XXmin XXsec
(expanded)
-Era: 3000hr 00min 00sec
-Zodiac: 500hr 00min 00sec

etc... And on which note, maybe a link be made, or an added Context Menu item to "Open Web Profile" directly. I dunno, but all I know is that it'd be kinda out of place on the already cluttered In-Game selections of a player.

pooper200000
10-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Personally I don't care or want others to see how many hours I have spent on graal. I would rather disable anything that shows hours if I could..

Knight
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, in my eyes I would choose global hours over the reputation system. Global hours shows the total time they have been on Graal which matters for many things. The reputation system is basically to save people from getting scammed and showing how much you can trust that person. It would also help at hiring. Let's say you have 13 reputation, and the other person has 33 reputation. You both are knowledgeable a subject so you try out. You both are pretty much are the same, although they know they can trust the person with 33 reputation more; at least until the person with 13 reputation proves otherwise by getting his rep up or the person with 33 rep drops. By the way, your idea is pretty good TSAdmin.

kia345
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
That's assuming the person with a lower rep hasn't been a victim of corrupt staff, or the one with higher hasn't cheated his way up.

Crappy idea.

Knight
10-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Not really seeing as they are repped by players... P2P only feature.

kia345
10-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Multiple accounts.

"I'll give you 50 graalats to rep me up"

"You can have your Shield of Awesome +12 back if you rep me up"

Knight
10-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Thats why you can only rep people so much. You cannot rep the same person twice, unless you are situation from good to bad which can only be done once a week unless it is obvious abuse.

KyleNicholson
10-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Just cause you got jailed a couple times doesn't mean your bad, just misunderstood :cry: . Well I get people mad alot over sparring and those kinds of people would abuse it with their guild or lil gang.

Knight
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but it will show the reason without details. Just so they know who it was... If they think it was a misunderstanding then it won't be listed.

kia345
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Your idea gets worse every time you try to add to it

Knight
10-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Not really, I don't appreciate your wannabe criticism. You don't tell people whats wrong, all you do is deny. I didn't just add to it... This was already a stated fact.

kia345
10-12-2007, 01:49 AM
If your plan is so thought out, how is it there are so many ways for it to be abused?

Knight
10-12-2007, 10:51 AM
There isn't, although it would be good if we made the player have at least 5 hours. It isn't much but it is pretty annoying to give rep... unless they could script so a player of the same PC Id couldn't rep the same person twice even on different accounts. If you're caught abusing it... It would be jailable.

kia345
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Jailable on every server? We have this amazing thing called a 'ban'

Crono
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't like the idea of global hours and igname reputation...

Knight
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Well Global hours is one that is more important of the two in my opinion...

Tigairius
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I do sort of like the global hours thing, but reputation is a bad idea, so is the viewing of ban/jail history.

Bell
10-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Many worlds have account access which means they can change how many hours you have on a server. Its bad enough people idle hours without having them have a reason to start actually changing hours of people on their servers.

Googi
10-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Maybe if a lot of servers were using rep systems this would make sense, but if there's no demand for local rep systems a global one doesn't make much sense. The forum rep system sort of already acts as a global rep system anyways.

Switch
10-16-2007, 02:51 AM
The global time sounds like a good idea. Like have "Server Time" then under have "Global Time"

Knight
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, maybe the rep system should be local for each server. But the hours can be edited? Eh never seen it happen...

TSAdmin
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I think it's time to let go of these ideas. It's been up for pretty much exactly a month, with no promising feedback from anyone who could even implement the ideas.

On a side note, profiles are purple and displaying too far to the right =D

Profile of TSAdmin (at http://graalonline.com/members/viewprofile?full=0&nick=TSAdmin)

+Total hou...

atomuskus
10-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Well, in my eyes I would choose global hours over the reputation system. Global hours shows the total time they have been on Graal which matters for many things. The reputation system is basically to save people from getting scammed and showing how much you can trust that person. It would also help at hiring. Let's say you have 13 reputation, and the other person has 33 reputation. You both are knowledgeable a subject so you try out. You both are pretty much are the same, although they know they can trust the person with 33 reputation more; at least until the person with 13 reputation proves otherwise by getting his rep up or the person with 33 rep drops. By the way, your idea is pretty good TSAdmin.

The rep system is a really bad idea... People would flame accounts once a day just to be mean or things like that. They would list ridiculous things because someone beat them in an event... And as far as scamming goes, that is what staff is for, or someone could fairly easily make a secure trading system. The global hours is not as bad of an idea, but hours still show very little, there are complete idiots with over 1000 hours and people who have 20 who are already fitting in the community and remaining respectable, idling is a huge factor that distorts those numbers, being on more than one server at a time + having rc on will cause mass hour gains by idlers. Besides if you are trying to prove that someone is not new, you want LOCAL hours because none of the servers work in remotely the same ways.