PDA

View Full Version : Classic Content...

Crono
10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Back in 2005 there was a thread and MS responded with:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1036883&postcount=14

Particularly this sentence:

Now when you ask me why theres little in the way of content, realize that I've not had the 3 years of development time you all seem to think I've had.

It's been three years, and there hasn't been much content added. I tried to bump the thread as it was fully relevant and still to the point today, but Moon Goddess thought so otherwise.

Discuss please.

credit goes to ziplock for discovering the thread/quote on the other forum

Polo
10-06-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm well aware that progress has been slow, and I don't blame anyone for feeling disheartened at the current state of Classic.

Things happened since that original post which slowed down development, but I'd be insulting you all if I tried to place blame entirely on those problems. I will honestly hold my hand up and say that things have not gone the way I'm partially to blame. Trying to direct a server is not an easy task, and I've made more than my fair share of mistakes.

Rather than dwelling on the past, let's try and put a more positive attitude into improving things for the future. I'm always happy to talk with people about ideas and suggestions for Classic, so please, help me to help you. ^^

Crono
10-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I still love you.

In all honesty I know that you're still trying. Can you make spars clientside now? I have video proof that your system is still being stupid and striking us European players from a mile away. I'll turn it into a presentable movie soon...just wait. ;)

Polo
10-06-2007, 11:38 PM
In all honesty I know that you're still trying. Can you make spars clientside now?
If I can do it securely, then yeah, it's possible.

I have video proof that your system is still being stupid and striking us European players from a mile away. I'll turn it into a presentable movie soon...just wait. ;)
Please do! That's exactly the kind of thing that will help me spot the problems best.

Mog
10-07-2007, 03:38 AM
i miss Sammy and Eillen. i hope Sammy come back

DutchGuy
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm well aware that progress has been slow, and I don't blame anyone for feeling disheartened at the current state of Classic.

Things happened since that original post which slowed down development, but I'd be insulting you all if I tried to place blame entirely on those problems. I will honestly hold my hand up and say that things have not gone the way I'm partially to blame. Trying to direct a server is not an easy task, and I've made more than my fair share of mistakes.

Rather than dwelling on the past, let's try and put a more positive attitude into improving things for the future. I'm always happy to talk with people about ideas and suggestions for Classic, so please, help me to help you. ^^

uhm...positive attitude? i admire your courage to carry on, but as soon as someone is asking you for a decent answer all we get is "ill think about it" or "hmm"
so theres no point in having a discussion with you.

DustyPorViva
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I still think focus should have been on taking the old overworld and fixing it up. Let the players play around with the clientside stuff while all this is going down, then finally, after the overworld is done(which is what I personally feel is the most important thing to get done), then quests and such can be redone. THEN, focus should be put on adding new content.... not replacing old content. You should treat it like you were Stefan back when Classic was still his priority, what would he have done. Things were just added, they were never replaced. I really do hate this mentality that everything needs to be replaced. Just expand on what was already working.